PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky, sneaky! (Ideas)

Raeiphon
11-04-2005, 11:16 AM
After having a sudden splurge of morrowind addiction (i'm yet to be cured of that forsaken game D: ), I've decided zone needs more sneaky stuffs. Attacks are too damn upfront, I LOVE killing things in games whereas I cant be seen, but I also want it to be skillfull and expensive too, to weed out the laming nubs who can use it for another purpose.

Features of idea: New class, new weapons, new armor, new powerups.

New class: Operative

Operative
"A trained assasin with amazing skill in stealthy, quick killing. Generally used to pick of lone people, such as scouts, and is designed for speed and stealth"
Class traits: 0.10x speed bonus (double the commando's), silent walking, takes double damage from all attacks, can only wear light armour
Weapons: All of the below
Skills: All of the below

I'll start with the powerups first:

chamleon
Energy to use: 100
Slot/s: 1
Class: Operative, Scout
Effects: Constantly drains energy, while activated, you do not regain energy at all. When activated, renders you completely invisible to the minimap & plain sight. If you are hit by a bullet, the shield will immediently cancel, sending a massive feedback to hurt you for 40-100. Think of it as a punishment for being caught. Once the shield has ended, you instantly regain 30 energy.

moonshadow
Energy to use: 0
Class: Operative
Effects: Renders you completely invisible to the minimap. Passive ability. Activated when slotted.

improvedsneak
Class: Operative, Scout
Effects: Increases crawling speed, allows you to fire one pistol weapon for double the energy/bullet cost.

combattraining
Class: Operative, Lightinfantry
Effects: Increases all melee damage. Increases evasion chance to dodge melee attacks. Decreases attack (melee) speed, has a random chance for your weapon to become lodged in the enemy, unequipping it from you and dealing them a constant health drain.

shadowtraining
Effects: Renders you invisible to the naked eye when close to a building/tree/object. Attacking cancels the effect. Passive ability, must be slotted.
--------------------

Now for some armor ideas!

kevlarlight
Cost: 1000
Effects: Offers a 25% damage reduction to melee, an decreased chance to be affected by combattraining, 10% bullet damage absorbption

kevlarheavy
Cost: 2000
Effects: Offers a 50% damage reduction to melee, eliminates combattraining effects, decreases speed by 0.1x, 30% bullet damage absorbption

compositelight
Cost: 4000
Effects: Offers a 45% damage reduction to melee, increases damage done/dealt by combattraining effects, increases chameleon chance (allows three bullets to be taken before it ends)

compositeheavy
Cost: 4000
Effects: Provides a external hp of 70. Reduces speed by 0.3x. HP resets upon death/winning a game/logging out

------------------

New weapons!

nylonwire
Energy to use: 30, drains 5 per second when used
Effects: While under the effects of shadowtraining, you can slip behind someone and use this attack. Drains 10 hp from enemy per 0.5 of a second while using it, if you are shot, the attack ends prematurely. The enemy can struggle by moving, some times they will get free. Mainly used for picking off lone enemies such as scouts.

throwingdagger
Energy to use: 30
Effects: a dagger that cannot be used for melee, is thrown, does 50 hp on impact and poisons. daggers are not retreiveable, can be used without breaking shadowtraining. faster than combatknife throwing.

poisiondagger
Energy to use: 5
Effects: a small, quick dagger that does 2 damage per strike, and has a 25% chance to deadly poison the enemy. deadly poison slows like normal poison, but drains 10 health every 5 seconds. Ends after 20 seconds. Poison stacks twice. Breaks shadowtraining for 3 seconds.

concealedstilleto
Energy to use: 10
Effects: A small, quick pistol which rapidly fires and freezes you for a short time (0.25). Shots do 5 on impact. Has a set amount of ammo (250) that cannot be upgraded.

I'd love to see this ingame. Poisondagger is a wrist dagger - you'd only need to do a tiny little point in each arm with a green speck on top for the gani ^^
concealedstilleto is also a wrist pistole.

haunter
11-04-2005, 05:46 PM
Err... I thought a stilleto was a kind of knife... And shoe. But mostly a knife. Not a gun.

SayianOozaru
11-04-2005, 05:46 PM
WHOA...most of those ideas would be pretty cool^^

bahamutstevetff
11-04-2005, 06:42 PM
zone is suppose to be upfront

anubis_wing
11-04-2005, 07:35 PM
It seems more of an Idea that would belong in Maloria or something.

Raeiphon
11-05-2005, 01:17 AM
I know a stiletto is a dagger, i've heard of pistoles called stilletto's. And noo damnit! I want it on zone D:

I'm forced to redrifle strafe to kill. Where's the skill in that? This would require skills. Lots of skill. Hense why, I want it in the game! It wouldn't be too hard either, you'd just be changing a few sprites, around four small, easy ganis.

With that kind of arsenal, it's entirely built for speed and stealth. A skilled used could kill three+ without even being seen if they knew what they were doing. I want to enstate some sort of skill into zone. Also, refer to my other sniper thread for ideas, the Operative class would also sport the second rifle down.

Shadox
11-08-2005, 03:52 AM
may i ask why there is "passive skills"....as im sure a lot of people have noticed the "skill" in zone is running blindly and shooting anything that moves....i like the stealthy idea, but i believe all of these items or so should be weapons, so you dont have some class running around with at least 8 weapons activated

Raeiphon
11-08-2005, 12:41 PM
passive skill, gives an ability like a speed bonus without being equipped, semi passive are abilities that need to be slotted in order to work

MisterMastermind
11-11-2005, 06:04 AM
i like the idea immensely but not a class for deathmatch or KOTH more of a Alpha/Iricia type thing. I was thinking (this is spam) that you could gain passive skills liek speed boost and rapid shot or strong shot from exp alone. This would give trials more of a reason to join. It would also give P2P a definite advantage seeing as they can't turn off the passive skills, plus their friends couldn't say it's lame because they couldn't turn it off =D but this should be called like Ninja or something, maybe add muramasa lol. Along with other spam I think there needs to be a P2P lounge somewhere on iricia. maybe like a new floor or something so P2P could go there just to hang out.

Shadox
11-11-2005, 10:51 PM
The more you people talk about this the more it sounds like the thief class on Delteria, once again you are slowly transforming Zone from a shooter, to a mythilogical, magic server where everyone runs around with a "Bluerifle of Defence+1" and wearing the "Mystical Space armour of Ishuruto" please, this is a game where brain loses sadly to brawn, dont change it

Robert_H
11-11-2005, 11:00 PM
The more you people talk about this the more it sounds like the thief class on Delteria, once again you are slowly transforming Zone from a shooter, to a mythilogical, magic server where everyone runs around with a "Bluerifle of Defence+1" and wearing the "Mystical Space armour of Ishuruto" please, this is a game where brain loses sadly to brawn, dont change it

That's true, and plus the p2p players have enough overpowered weapons .... x_x

Huwajux
11-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Brawn?

Shadox
11-12-2005, 01:00 AM
im sorry, i will admit to being a bad speller....but thats how i thought it was spelled.....if you know what i mean please fix it :/

Raeiphon
11-12-2005, 01:15 AM
Thieves dont have nylon wires.
Thieves dont have futuristic technology that can make them invisible.
Thieves dont have guns and daggers strapped to their wrists for protection.

Get over it. This is not a thief, it's more of an assassin class.

Shadox
11-12-2005, 01:18 AM
you get the point dont you? or dont you stop and think about things every now and then? sure its an assassin class, but it sounds to mythilogical, thats what im after. Honestly i think a low grade reader could have understood that

Huwajux
11-12-2005, 12:37 PM
im sorry, i will admit to being a bad speller....but thats how i thought it was spelled.....if you know what i mean please fix it :/
?
I'm just asking brawn because you don't really use a lot of important muscles when playing Zone. :p
More of a reflex game.

Raeiphon
11-12-2005, 02:23 PM
you get the point dont you? or dont you stop and think about things every now and then? sure its an assassin class, but it sounds to mythilogical, thats what im after. Honestly i think a low grade reader could have understood that

How the **** is a nylon wire mythological?
How the **** is a wrist pistol mythological?

Shadox
11-13-2005, 11:24 PM
the wrist pistol is fine, but remember this is a gun server, where you actually need to have reflexes, not like the classic servers....the idea would be a good thing in delteria, but without the pistol

Huwajux
11-14-2005, 08:01 PM
the wrist pistol is fine, but remember this is a gun server, where you actually need to have reflexes, not like the classic servers....the idea would be a good thing in delteria, but without the pistol
Stop stealing what I say to make you look good! >:O

Shadox
11-14-2005, 11:42 PM
why would i wanna look good (hey ladies Shaddie's in town) on a server that i dont play?

BrAwLeR
11-15-2005, 01:37 AM
Woohoo! Morrowind fan! uhh, anyway, your idea's are good but I dont think they suit zone. :\

MisterMastermind
11-15-2005, 05:50 AM
why would i wanna look good (hey ladies Shaddie's in town) on a server that i dont play?
why the **** would you post on the forums of a server you don't play?

Raeiphon
11-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Blargh. I wish either Vulcan or Stefan would read this ;.;

bahamutstevetff
11-17-2005, 05:40 PM
i think stealth would change the whole point of zone, ruining it.

Raeiphon
11-18-2005, 06:35 AM
It's one class =/ What could it possibly do?

You could instate it on a few worlds, Alpha and Koth maybe? I cant see stealth working too well on Iricia.