PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Ideas - Revamped

Raeiphon
11-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Seeing as we have sniper bullets, why not the gun?

Here we go!

p14 magnum sniper rifle
Energy to shoot: 50
Must have 10k exp+
Two slots
Effects: You aim by moving the mouse, if you manage to lock onto a player successfully for three seconds you are 'locked on'. While locked on, you can fire. If the player moves more than 30 tiles (half a level maybe?) you lose the lockon. Bullet moves extremely fast, does 100 on impact. However, upon firing, you are pushed three tiles back and you cannot move for 3 seconds. You are immobile while aiming and while firing. Requires a 5 second cooldown between each shot - passes through all destroyable objects, and up to two immune ones. Makes a lot of noise - highlights you as red on the minimap.

So, if there were barrels, it'd pass straight through them, exploding them but it would continue going.

mi18 sniper rifle
Energy to shoot: 30
Must have 10k exp+
Dual slotted
Effects: Press D to lean on the floor and aim. You can move slowly (very slowly, half crawling speed) and you are not visible on the minimap. Aiming is meant for immobile targets - you click on the enemy two times and you fire. As soon as you fire, you turn a brighter, circled red on the minimap to your enemies, making you easy pickings for 10 seconds. Once you've fired, you must wait 4 seconds to cool down, and reloading takes a second. Any speed bonuses you gain are disabled as soon as you equip/slot the sniper rifle. Shot does 60-100 damage.

ap21 sniper rifle
Energy to shoot: 50
Must have 10k exp+
Dual slotted
Effects: Press D to lean on the floor and aim. You can move normal speed while leaning, but are visible on the minimap. This sniper rifle is silenced - you appear normal on the minimap as you fire, when you finish firing and when you reload. Aiming is like using the ice cannon, only the shot goes 3x faster. Shot does 30-100 damage. 3 second cooldown. Reloading takes 4 seconds.

Now for some gun ideas! (if any of you have played Tom Clancey's Ghost Recon, you'll reconize these ;) )

mi80 hybrid
Energy to shoot: depends
Must have 5k exp+
Dual slotted
Effects: S fires a normal shot, which does 5 damage per and is rapidfiring. D fires a high velocity grenade, which travels far and fast (sort of a mortar). This shot does 40 on impact, and is splash damage (explosion)

claymore
Energy to place: 40
Energy to detonate: 50
Must have 5k exp+
Dual slotted
Effects: S lays a high velocity explosive which does 100 damage 4 tiles around it. Also causes extrusions in the ground which disallow entry/exit for up to 9 seconds. Damages allies and enemies. D detonates it - you can be a maximum of 2 levels away to do this. Any further, the charge becomes rogue and may detonate at any time. Maximum of three. Always - you never carry more than three, you cant buy anymore. One may be armed at a time.

g42 smoke bomb
Energy to arm: 100
Energy to detonate: 40
Must have 2k exp+
Dual slotted
Effects: Sprays a massive cloud of smoke around the area its armed in, to around 20x20 tiles. Vision is completely cut off - you cant see. You can shoot, but any shots that hit an ally will damage them inside the cloud. only allowed 3 per class, cant buy more. no limit to how many are armed at a time. Lasts 15-30 seconds, some may explode and cause 40 splash damage to all around. When this happens, some extrusions may rise out of the ground, and the bomb will leak smoke slowly, but you can still see.

-- more to come, when my ears stop leaking pink fluid o.O --

And now for some weapon upgrades:

Rifle Scope
Cost: 5000
Effects: When baught, increases the range that the shots go for by 7 tiles.

Pistol Scope
Cost: 10000
Effects: When baught, increases the range that the shots go for by 4 tiles, increases bullet speed by 0.5x

PlasmaEnhancer
Cost: 7000
Effects: Increases the swing speed of a plasmasabre, reduces the damage by 5, allows it to block bullets/energy by ranklvlx10 percent.

Knife Sharpener
Cost: 5000
Effects: Increases Muramasa damage, increases combaknife melee and thrown damage, decreases throw range. Has a random chance to lodge knives in the ground when thrown, making them irretrieveble obstacles. You gain the knife back if you die.

Ammo Belt
Cost: 10000
Effects: adds 500 ammo to all pistol/rifle weapons, allows you to carry 200 explosives instead of 100, and 10 medikits instead of 5.

Now for the miscellanous crap!

ct-tracker
Classes: Scout
Energy to wield/fire: 40/10
Effects: When the shot hits an enemy, the enemy takes double damage from any bullet shot, and is highlighted in your minimap. A small compass next to the map also indicates where they are. Lasts for 600 seconds or until you die.

Rocketboots
Cost: 4000
Effects: Increases walking/dashing speed by 0.5x (like the commando bonus, stacks). When equipped, you can use them to accelerate to x3 dashing speed for 5 seconds. Uses 60 energy to do this, needs a 3 second cooldown

bahamutstevetff
11-02-2005, 05:40 PM
i only read the 1st sniper idea because my attention span is low after school, but i like it a lot, maybe u can shoot while your ducked down.

VulcanP2P
11-02-2005, 07:44 PM
i only read the 1st sniper idea because my attention span is low after school, but i like it a lot, maybe u can shoot while your ducked down.

The sniper that Stefan is going to work on will have that, I think. I've already done GANIs for it.

jkool666
11-02-2005, 08:00 PM
I like the idea's but that will take ALOT of work. Also honeslty, who here has $41,000 to spare on all that. The only person I could think of would be Dozer (but I don't know all your total $'s).

anubis_wing
11-02-2005, 08:34 PM
The sniper that Stefan is going to work on will have that, I think. I've already done GANIs for it.
When is the release date for it?

bahamutstevetff
11-02-2005, 09:06 PM
I like the idea's but that will take ALOT of work. Also honeslty, who here has $41,000 to spare on all that. The only person I could think of would be Dozer (but I don't know all your total $'s).

i have 121k

Raeiphon
11-02-2005, 11:50 PM

You've also got to make them aimable please, I (and alot of other people) dont want sniper rifles which can only shoot in 8 directions =/

Shadox
11-08-2005, 04:01 AM
i could!...just dont wanna lol (i have about 60k)

Admins
11-12-2005, 04:34 AM
Snipers will be added yes, making different types of snipers will be interesting. The sniper bullets are not normal bullets, since those cannot pass objects anyway. They will hurt/kill immediatelly.
The idea of rocket boosts sounds interesting too, should it be an equippable item like jetpack or something that doesn't show ?

Raeiphon
11-12-2005, 06:16 AM
Something that doesnt show, possibly a new form of ability, like a passive one? An equippable item like a jetpack would be a great way, 1 slot though.

I'd be honored to try it, and i'm even more honored you're contemplating using one of my ideas. *bows*

DrDrizzle
11-12-2005, 06:52 AM
Stefan when will the sniper be added?

Huwajux
11-12-2005, 12:47 PM
I'd be honored to try it, and i'm even more honored you're contemplating using one of my ideas. *bows*
Calm down.

Raeiphon
11-12-2005, 02:21 PM
*breathes*

Shadox
11-13-2005, 11:28 PM
He's Hyperventillating!

BrAwLeR
11-15-2005, 01:16 AM
Perfect-a-mundo. Shreding player's from from a distance will be verry cool.

anubis_wing
11-16-2005, 03:02 AM
Ace you shred people from any distance.