PDA

View Full Version : Uses for binoculars and radio

juice188
11-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Ok firstly, if you are going to actually put a reply on my subject dont put "lol or omgz thatz fkn crazy," please put stuff that actually contributes to my idea.
For the binoculars this will take 0 energy.
The binocular will do either of the following, whichever you like better.
1) You can have it as one slot in your inventory and allows you to see farther while having a gun in one slot or even a jetpack, I don't care.
2)You can have the binoculars equipped and you cannot move your player, but you may scroll around the entire map and press a to stop.
For the radio both of these ideas will take 100 energy.
1) Your team (1 person per round ONLY) may call in an air strike for where they are standing (hachi will you please make this gani if this is approved?).
When the air strike is called the spot will be alerted that they have three seconds to run away, but even if you are flying in a jetpack YOU WILL BE AFFECTED.
2) Like on the old wild cross you were able to make an extraction point that if you stand there for thirty seconds you are sent back to the dropship.
Please remember do not reply if your not contributing to the idea or picking an option.

jkool666
11-01-2005, 11:36 PM
The radio is already in use. Hit the ' or / to use it. As for binoculars good idea :).

MisterMastermind
11-02-2005, 01:40 AM
I dont like the once per game because a noob will prolly get it and use it then switch teams x.x but i think it should be like wherever they choose not just where ur at. maybe only operated with binoculars. Once per round per person would be nice and liek a loud noise of bombs dropping and a red circle showing the area it would hit to every1 (targets included). pppppssssssssssssstttttt jesse, ur thinking of the wrong radio, there's a radio under the inventory too. binoculars should onliy got so far. maybe 1 full screen away from where ur at. (biggest screen availible)

Raeiphon
11-02-2005, 10:48 AM
Airstrike? *cough lame cough*

You'd have like three newbs with a radio standing near your base, airstrike - run - change weapons - pwn. That'd be no fun.

bahamutstevetff
11-02-2005, 05:39 PM
i dont like the ait strike for the same reason an raeiphon pointed out, but the binoculrs sound sweet.

juice188
11-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Airstrike? *cough lame cough*

You'd have like three newbs with a radio standing near your base, airstrike - run - change weapons - pwn. That'd be no fun.
Apparently you didnt read my whole idea, i clearly stated that only one person per team per round may use the air strike so how would three "newbs" with radios be a threat? You even get five seconds to run buddy, please read the whole thing before commenting x_x .

Huwajux
11-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Apparently you didnt read my whole idea, i clearly stated that only one person per team per round may use the air strike so how would three "newbs" with radios be a threat? You even get five seconds to run buddy, please read the whole thing before commenting x_x .
100 energy only? I know 100 energy points seem a lot but it would continuously be used. People would fight over who got it. Don't like it, binoculars are good though.

juice188
11-03-2005, 04:17 AM
It can't constantly be used if it's only used once per round.
Take this scenario to mind.
You are on Iricia, base one is crawling with enemies and you've been killed about 8 times by now for trying, so hopefully you can use your air strike if it hasnt been used yet.
Also to huwajux's arguement, i think that the team should have to vote if someone goes to use it.
(A box comes up when someone tries to use it, you click agree or disagree)

MisterMastermind
11-03-2005, 04:25 AM
no cuz i gurantee some noobs would go on your team and disagree everytime cuz they wanna use it as a lame exploitation. thats why i think it should be every1 on the team just once. That's not so bad because 1. that'd stop noobs from using it b4 you could at a good point in time. 2. most noobs won't even know how to use it and will end up getting pwnt while trying.

Raeiphon
11-03-2005, 04:29 AM
That's also stupid - you'd get one newb who'd use it at spawnpoint at the beginning of the game and ruin it.

And the team vote would be impossible, if I know gscript like I think I do.

MisterMastermind
11-03-2005, 04:35 AM
but with my idea all the noob does is ruin his own chance.

haunter
11-03-2005, 04:40 AM
And the team vote would be impossible, if I know gscript like I think I do.

I don't think you do...

Instead of needing consensus to launch the airstrike, make it 50% + 1. That should alleviate most problems.

Raeiphon
11-03-2005, 05:51 AM
I don't think you do...

Instead of needing consensus to launch the airstrike, make it 50% + 1. That should alleviate most problems.
Translation:

Instead of needing a team vote to launch the airstrike, make it half the team plus yourself. That should remove most problems.

I still dont like the airstrike idea at all =/ It still has laming issues, and 5 seconds is enough time for the enemy to run like hell..You could also kill your own teammates with it.

haunter
11-03-2005, 06:03 AM
Translation:

Instead of needing a team vote to launch the airstrike, make it half the team plus yourself. That should remove most problems.That's what I said... No need for a translation.

I still dont like the airstrike idea at all =/ It still has laming issues, and 5 seconds is enough time for the enemy to run like hell..You could also kill your own teammates with it.I thought it was 3 seconds... Perhaps the warning should just be the sound of incoming planes/bombs, that way it wouldn't be so obvious until it was too late... That way people would have to be paying attention. :P

Raeiphon
11-03-2005, 06:11 AM
Not meaning to insult you or anything, but i'm not sure a few certain graalians could read what you said in that post :P Basic english is hard enough apparently.

You know what'd be cooler? If it was completely random, like you call, wait a minute, run off, begin to lame then BOOM! Nuclear airstrike of doom.

haunter
11-03-2005, 06:23 AM
Not meaning to insult you or anything, but i'm not sure a few certain graalians could read what you said in that post :P Basic english is hard enough apparently.Eh... I didn't think my sentences were that difficult to understand. *shrug*

You know what'd be cooler? If it was completely random
Hey, this is Zone! We're not dealing with the USAF here! HAR HAR HAR.

*waits for laughter*

*there is none (For obvious reasons)*

... Zing!

Raeiphon
11-03-2005, 07:42 AM
I fell off my chair when I saw that.

With laughter.

And it hurt.

Now I cant feel my toes D:

Shadox
11-08-2005, 04:17 AM
there should be some use of the radio.....heres one, guaranteed to get made fun of, and stuff but its all i got :(

radio
90 energy
effect: calls in the trader to...sell you stuff, can only be used once at a time for the whole map (cause theres one trader) and if being used the trader at the dropship is gone

Huwajux
11-08-2005, 07:11 PM
there should be some use of the radio.....heres one, guaranteed to get made fun of, and stuff but its all i got :(

radio
90 energy
effect: calls in the trader to...sell you stuff, can only be used once at a time for the whole map (cause theres one trader) and if being used the trader at the dropship is gone
That is ridiculous. It's like people being able to carry 10 medical kits. :\

anubis_wing
11-08-2005, 07:46 PM
Fun,fun,fun for the whole family!

Akoalin
11-09-2005, 01:24 AM
The binnoculars are the radar and the radio is the team speak with ' or /
My idea is that if the binnoculars are in one of the equip slots, then your radar gets a little extra distance. If the radio is in one of your equip slots you can do those annoying voices that you can do with the num keys.