PDA

View Full Version : Zone Updates

VulcanP2P
11-01-2005, 01:58 AM
Today there were several updates on Zone. Please post what you think. Also, take note to NOT quote this whole post.

Happy Halloween!

Halloween Grenade: The Halloween Grenade is a limited edition grenade. It can be purchased from traders for $10 per a pack of five.
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4639/hallogrenade1we.png

Green Grenade: The Green Grenade is another limited edition grenade. It can be purchased from traders for $10 per a pack of five.
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8139/greengrenade6rt.png

Clothing

Seven new hair styles, new arm colors, and new trousers were added to clothing terminals in dropships.
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1670/terminals8bc.png

Guns

Red Rifle: The Red Rifle is a new gun that can be bought from traders for $4000.
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/8715/redrifle5em.png

Turrets: The new map we are working on will have turrets that are controlled by the player. Right now you can practice using them by going to training rooms in the dropships.
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/808/mountedgun3dg.png

Staff
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/6052/sayian5ad.png
Sayian has been made Official Graphics Staff of Zone. He has done many GFX for Zone over the past few months. Including the many of the ones you see here today.

anubis_wing
11-01-2005, 02:14 AM
Coooooolio Oh and Congratz sayian!

Wind_Master
11-01-2005, 02:48 AM
Can you upload this please?

VulcanP2P
11-01-2005, 02:59 AM
I've put it in my own folder on Zone. Once Stefan has time I'll ask him to add it to the terminal.

Wind_Master
11-01-2005, 03:03 AM
I've put it in my own folder on Zone. Once Stefan has time I'll ask him to add it to the terminal.

Thanks

jkool666
11-01-2005, 03:55 AM
One thing... A highscore needs to be made for redrifle...

DrDrizzle
11-01-2005, 04:15 AM
Also the new barbed wire in the jail in ircia, people just go right through the fence and wiggle their way out if they get stuck.

kwarner5
11-01-2005, 05:08 AM
GO SAYAIN! I ALWAYS BELEIVED IN YOU!
hey sayain i need you to help me do some gfx..i have the pics just need the script i dont do graal script 2 hard lol

someonesomewhere
11-01-2005, 05:28 AM
Someone had to get a staff job... and he was one of the few qualified for the position, and he didn't beg for it... gratz, Saiyan. And keep those pumpkin 'nades up for a while, I still don't have access to a computer with Graal :P

Bl0nkt
11-01-2005, 05:37 AM
Good job on the position, Saiyan. Just remember not to be cawky and see yourself as above everyone else. May your job on Zone lead you to something greater in the future.

bahamutstevetff
11-01-2005, 07:39 AM
no1 deserved that job more than sayain, also the weapons are great.

haunter
11-01-2005, 10:22 PM
I'm on Zone right now trying out the turrets... Zone should definately have turrets... But these one's are a bit touchy when rotating. I don't know, perhaps they were made to work like that... But sometimes when I hold left, or right, it wont turn, and sometimes it turns when Im not even pressing any buttons, or it turns twice for one button push. 0.o
The turret graphic morphs as you rotate as well... it changes size and shape, which is weird. For instance: The barrel changes from very thin (Facing up/down) To very thick (Diagonal) To medium thickness (Left/right). There are other things that change as well, I think that's just the most noticable.

Cool move with the pumpkin bombs, reminds me of the Goblin (Greatest Spiderman villian ever!). They look a bit flat though They could use some more shading, and more of a pumpkin shape if you ask me... I wonder what there will be for the Holiday season... :O

Oh! Also; how do the Green bombs differ from the Orange ones aside from colour? I haven't been able to try those out.

Congratulations to Sayian. You do really have alot of potential, hopefully this will help you along. You sort of remind me of the young Donald... (Donald will kill me for saying that XD)

bahamutstevetff
11-01-2005, 10:59 PM
i think them turrets look hella lame, i think there gonna annoy the **** outta every1

VulcanP2P
11-01-2005, 11:10 PM
One thing... A highscore needs to be made for redrifle...

Stefan added this and Jin's helmet.

King of the Hill has also been re-released and it has turrets on it.

Wind_Master
11-02-2005, 12:20 AM

Thanks!

MisterMastermind
11-02-2005, 01:49 AM
Ok i think Redrifle's a little overpowered, but congratz sayian. Someone recolor some plain pants like Black, White, Dark Red, Dark Blue, just basic colors. Maybe some basic colored shirts. (black white blue green red)

anubis_wing
11-02-2005, 03:54 AM

Hey what about Ace's shirt!!!! ):O

bahamutstevetff
11-02-2005, 07:27 AM
how the hell is red rifle over powered, its the same as the bleeding bluerifle, gawd.

juice188
11-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Actually it blue rifle does 15 per shot. Red rifle does 20 per shot.
Blue rifle does 45 per beam.
Red rifle does 60 per beam.
Do your research ;)

Huwajux
11-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Do your research ;)
Red rifle has a shorter range. Do your research. ;)

bahamutstevetff
11-02-2005, 11:30 PM
so its balanced

andrewholmes
11-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Hmm dont you think that there should be some black pistole I havent worked on the gfx 4 it but i aint so sure if being a good idea wif the bluepistolebeing so black and why is there so many ppl wif Red Pistoles and only 5 ppl have Blue Pistoles

Wind_Master
11-03-2005, 04:08 AM
so its balanced

Both of them are cheap.....

MisterMastermind
11-03-2005, 04:13 AM
I agree with Jin both of them are overpowered for strafing. I dont mean way overpowered but just a little unbalanced if you ask me.

haunter
11-03-2005, 04:15 AM
Both of them are cheap..... It seems like alot of people are complaining about different weapons being lame, or cheap... Perhaps it's high time Stefan took a break from lobbing recolours with slightly different string values into Zone and took the time to balance out the game a bit. Or perhaps another Admin could do that job for him (I saw a couple on the other day). I think that would be a worthy investment of time.

MisterMastermind
11-03-2005, 04:20 AM
K first on my list of weapons I'm prejudice against.
Handgun-needs smaller spread
BR-Stuns for too long
RR-Stuns for too long
G18-Stuns for too long
Plasma Sabre-Needs smaller realistic reach. (I quit using it for this reason)
Jetpack-Cheap means of escape
Pipes-Too strong for too cheap $
Hallo/GreenGrenades-Way too strong for way to cheap. (2$ per and as strong as pipe)

Raeiphon
11-03-2005, 04:26 AM
Red rifle has a shorter range. Do your research. ;)
I beg to differ. I shot a friend once with BR (he had 100 health), it reduced him to 81. He shot me with a red rifle, and alas, I was reduced to 81 health.

Must be a bug - the bullets move on the red rifle only slightly slower, do the same damage.

But, when it comes to the charge shot - I dealt 60 damage with a bluerifle, and he charged, I also took 60 damage from the red rifle shot too.

I dont think they're calibrated properly =/ blackpistoles would be cool though.

And, the halloween grenades are amazingly overpowered. I get caught in one - kills me flat out. Not even pipebombs do that. They're too cheap, too strong and have too wide a spectrum between classes.

haunter
11-03-2005, 04:30 AM
Handgun-needs smaller spread
What I want to know is:

A) Why does a handgun have spread in the first place?

and

B) Why is the handgun under rifles?

MisterMastermind
11-03-2005, 04:39 AM
What I want to know is:

A) Why does a handgun have spread in the first place?

and

B) Why is the handgun under rifles?
it chugged steroids.

Raeiphon
11-03-2005, 05:59 AM
Why doesnt it get explosive diahorrea then?

Or is that why my inventory always has those funny brown spots around the inside =/

SayianOozaru
11-03-2005, 06:13 AM
Do your research

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice188
Do your research
Red rifle has a shorter range. Do your research.

Well, since you wanted research,
Red Rifle does 19 damage 'S' (brought me from 100 hp, to 81)
Red Rifle does 81 Damage with 'D' (brought me from 100 hp to 29)
And has a shorter range than BR, plus it's slower.
NOW U 2 GO DO UR RESEARCH >:O ;)