PDA

View Full Version : Making/Designing a weapon...

SayianOozaru
10-24-2005, 01:39 AM
Alright...i was talking to Mech about Zone, and he ended up bothering me nonstop telling me to have the weapons i made taken out of the game...at first i was on the "no!" side of it. But then he told me that if someone where to make a weapon/item for GK (another gold server) that they'd get that weapon, i was furious when i heard that...so is that true? >:O cause u guys(Gambet mostly, Stefan wouldn't answer) when i first made the Reapers, that the only way to get them was to win them, even if i made them...so i'm on the 'dunno' side now...i just think that's ****ed up that if someone makes a weapon they don't get it...even though you make the weapon so YOU can use it :mad:

Shadox
10-24-2005, 01:56 AM
i agree 100% with sayain, most people design weapons that they would enjoy using, so they would like to use the weapon, instead of watching other people use the weapon and compliment it and brag about them

DrDrizzle
10-24-2005, 01:57 AM
You should get all of them :mad:. It is unfair that you havent even used them yet.

SayianOozaru
10-24-2005, 03:06 AM
well i'm just saying this cause everytime i get on(durning the weekend) i get a pm from one of my friends saying i missed an event...and i really wanna use my own weapons :(

bahamutstevetff
10-24-2005, 06:53 AM
aye, it is unfair to sayain, if it wasent for him, no one would have any decent lookin weapons.

SayianOozaru
10-24-2005, 07:13 AM
:O gotta give you a huge <3 for that one, thanks :D

bahamutstevetff
10-24-2005, 02:13 PM
no prob mate, its true tho, zone owes you so mutch.

SayianOozaru
10-24-2005, 11:53 PM
so...any staff wanna gimme the weaps i made? :D

anubis_wing
10-25-2005, 03:44 AM
no prob mate, its true tho, zone owes you so mutch.
It's much smart guy!

bahamutstevetff
10-25-2005, 05:04 AM
whatever darky, i mean anubis. btw sayain, i wouldnt ask vulcanus cos hes a tight arse (Poor darky) ask stefan in forum pm

SayianOozaru
10-25-2005, 05:53 AM
u no vulcan reads the forums right? XD and this was meant so they can talk it over...and me and vulcan are pretty cool...(plus he doesn't have the rights to add items...(or i don't think he does anyway))

Wind_Master
10-25-2005, 05:55 AM
If you ask Stefan now you might get an answer by next year!!!

SayianOozaru
10-25-2005, 05:59 AM
what are you guys talking about? you guys think Stefan just sits around and updates whenever he wants. Truth is, he's been very busy, with Era. You guys need to relax, Stefan has told me updates will happen within a week or 2. Remember, he still has to work with V4 on fixing the bugs, and then he has to put up with you guys yelling at him, demanding an update(plus whatever else he's working on, and he needs to have a life, he can't just be all about graal). He'll get around to it, if he says there'll be an update, then there'll be on...

Huwajux
10-25-2005, 10:30 AM
me and vulcan are pretty cool
Huwajux: Could you GANI those golden ap pirces in the Zone forum thread titled "Legend" please?

Vulcan: No. Take it with Stefan.

Huwajux: Ok.

Vulcan: I 100% disagree.

haunter
10-25-2005, 02:34 PM
I don't agree... It doesn't sound fair. You should have to earn the weapons you make the same way everyone else does. You shouldn't get a free extra advantage just because you know how to slop a few pixels together...

Besides, it's not like you're scripting them... So perhaps you should get an item that just shows you holding the weapon instead of allowing you to shoot with it; that seems like more of a fitting trade.

SayianOozaru
10-25-2005, 03:51 PM
I don't agree... It doesn't sound fair. You should have to earn the weapons you make the same way everyone else does. You shouldn't get a free extra advantage just because you know how to slop a few pixels together...

Besides, it's not like you're scripting them... So perhaps you should get an item that just shows you holding the weapon instead of allowing you to shoot with it; that seems like more of a fitting trade.

whats the point in having a weapon you can't fight with? (who pulls a weapon out just to show people) and like i said, i didn't really care at first if i got them or not, i started to care after talking with mech(my bro) and him convincing me that if i make something, then i should get it...he keeps telling me to get the weapons taken outta zone because:

1) I'm never on when there's an event (the only event i've been in was the first reaper event, and now like at least 12 people have reapers,red pistols, and blue pistols)

2) i made em' to use em, not to watch other people use em :\

3) on other servers when you make an item, they give you it

haunter
10-25-2005, 04:06 PM
whats the point in having a weapon you can't fight with? (who pulls a weapon out just to show people)
I don't really see one... but you're the one who is saying that you should have use of the things you made... Seeing as how you only made the graphics for these weapons, you should only get the graphics for free.

and like i said, i didn't really care at first if i got them or not, i started to care after talking with mech(my bro) and him convincing me that if i make something, then i should get it...he keeps telling me to get the weapons taken outta zone because:

You can't get them removed from Zone. Those graphics are property of GraalOnline now, they can use them as they see fit. Read the User Agreement.

1) I'm never on when there's an event (the only event i've been in was the first reaper event, and now like at least 12 people have reapers,red pistols, and blue pistols)

So you want to be treated specially because you never happen to be around when there's an event? How's that fair?

2) i made em' to use em, not to watch other people use em :\

That's pretty selfish... But aside from that; you're not understanding... You didn't make the script for that weapon... So why should you get to use that for free?

3) on other servers when you make an item, they give you it

That doesn't mean that they're right.

SayianOozaru
10-25-2005, 11:54 PM
I don't really see one... but you're the one who is saying that you should have use of the things you made... Seeing as how you only made the graphics for these weapons, you should only get the graphics for free.

like i said, who runs around with some graphics?

You can't get them removed from Zone. Those graphics are property of GraalOnline now, they can use them as they see fit. Read the User Agreement.

if i couldn't get them removed, i wouldn't make anymore, and since i'm the only one making graphics (recently) there would be a huge player decrease, because no new updates = players quitting

So you want to be treated specially because you never happen to be around when there's an event? How's that fair?

what are you talking about? i'm never on when there's an event, so i never have a chance to win an event item. Where'd you come up with this ******* idea of me saying i wanted to be treaded 'specially'? o.o

That's pretty selfish... But aside from that; you're not understanding... You didn't make the script for that weapon... So why should you get to use that for free?

selfish? i spent a good half hour to an hour (sometimes days) or so on all the GFx i do. Is it selfish to want something you worked hard for? when you go to work, is it selfish for you to get a paycheck? and no weapon gfx = no script, so stop saying that.

That doesn't mean that they're right.

but it would make people go to other servers where you can actually use the weapon(s) or items u make.

anubis_wing
10-26-2005, 12:14 AM
If you ask Stefan now you might get an answer by next year!!!
Dude I messaged Stefan today on Era and asked when the release date of the Red Rifle and other stuff would come out I got a response within 5 minutes (OMFG) and he said soon. Also he pwns the reason Guild Wars is taking so long is that he's making it EVEN BETTER!!!!!! (OMMFG) So don't be dissing the man or he might not do junk for Zone and that makes me a Saaaaaaad Panda.

haunter
10-26-2005, 12:18 AM
like i said, who runs around with some graphics? I would if I liked the look of it. But that's not my point... My point is that you're saying you want the weapons you draw for free because you made them... But you only made the graphic, so by your logic of "I made it, so I deserve it for free" you deserve, at most, your graphic... not the fully functional weapon.

if i couldn't get them removed, i wouldn't make anymore, and since i'm the only one making graphics (recently) there would be a huge player decrease, because no new updates = players quitting Stefan has the GGT to fall back on if need be.

what are you talking about? i'm never on when there's an event, so i never have a chance to win an event item. Where'd you come up with this ******* idea of me saying i wanted to be treaded 'specially'? o.o You want items for free because you drew the graphics for them, but are never around when there is an event for them... That seems like special treatment to me.

selfish? i spent a good half hour to an hour (sometimes days) or so on all the GFx i do. Is it selfish to want something you worked hard for? when you go to work, is it selfish for you to get a paycheck? You said that you made items just so you could use them... You didn't make them for others to enjoy as well. That is selfish. Graal is a community effort.

and no weapon gfx = no script, so stop saying that.
Again, Stefan doesn't have to rely soley on you for his graphics. He can easily find someone else to make graphics for his scripts.

but it would make people go to other servers where you can actually use the weapon(s) or items u make.I really doubt that "Free Items that you draw!" would be a very weighted factor when deciding on which server you will play on most often.

Should Vulcan get a free item if he does the gani for it? Should everyone who gave you suggestions for you graphics get a free item? After all, they did work to help create the item by giving ideas and comments.

jkool666
10-26-2005, 12:29 AM

Do you even realize why he gets them? All they are is normal appirces, they don't shoot any different, they arn't any faster or stronger, they have NO advantage at all. The only thing different is their colour because DarkSoul was the first person to reach legend rank (300kexp about 600 hours of online time I'm thinking)

haunter
10-26-2005, 12:37 AM
Do you even realize why he gets them? All they are is normal appirces, they don't shoot any different, they arn't any faster or stronger, they have NO advantage at all. The only thing different is their colour because DarkSoul was the first person to reach legend rank (300kexp about 600 hours of online time I'm thinking)

What the bloody hell are you talking about?

jkool666
10-26-2005, 12:47 AM
What the bloody hell are you talking about?
Wait one sec... (I appologize if I'm mistaken). The post that I quoted to were you disagreeing to Darksoul getting Golden Appirces as a reward or Sayian getting free guns because he made them? If its the second one then I appologize.

haunter
10-26-2005, 12:52 AM
Wait one sec... (I appologize if I'm mistaken). The post that I quoted to were you disagreeing to Darksoul getting Golden Appirces as a reward or Sayian getting free guns because he made them? If its the second one then I appologize.
I am disagreeing with Sayian getting free items because he drew the graphics for them.

SayianOozaru
10-26-2005, 01:15 AM
Stefan has the GGT to fall back on if need be.

people have told me they like mine better :whatever:

You want items for free because you drew the graphics for them, but are never around when there is an event for them... That seems like special treatment to me.

special treatment? i'm not being pampered or anything, just getting what i worked on.

You said that you made items just so you could use them... You didn't make them for others to enjoy as well. That is selfish. Graal is a community effort.

funny, i don't remember saying that. I remember saying i made them so i could use them, not just for me. And i'll never be able to use them if i'm never on when there's an event.

Again, Stefan doesn't have to rely soley on you for his graphics. He can easily find someone else to make graphics for his scripts.

he could, but, people really like my GFx ;) it'd be a hard replacement ;)

I really doubt that "Free Items that you draw!" would be a very weighted factor when deciding on which server you will play on most often.

well, Zone, fun not to many people now, and you don't get the GFx you make. on the other hand, GK, fun, alot of people play, and you get the GFx you make. Can't make up your mind?

Should Vulcan get a free item if he does the gani for it?

i take it you rarely/never play Zone, cause vulcan has all/most of the event weaps, and i assure you, he didn't win them.

Should everyone who gave you suggestions for you graphics get a free item? After all, they did work to help create the item by giving ideas and comments.

Suggestions don't take 30 min to an hour to think of. :rolleyes:

haunter
10-26-2005, 02:15 AM
people have told me they like mine better :whatever:Oh, I'm sure there's some member in the GGT that can live up to your awesomeness... :rolleyes:

special treatment? i'm not being pampered or anything, just getting what i worked on.Zone is a game about shooting, running, and all that stuff... It's a game of co-ordination... not of drawing. You getting an item just because Stefan liked something you scribbled down seems like special treatment.

funny, i don't remember saying that. I remember saying i made them so i could use them, not just for me. And i'll never be able to use them if i'm never on when there's an event.Apologies for the first bit, I must've misread. And I'll never get to use them if I'm never on when there's an event. If you get an event item without winning and event, how is that fair to the people who actually managed to win an event to win one? That item is their trophy, the fact that people distinguish them as good players for having the item is one of the perks of getting it in the first place.

he could, but, people really like my GFx ;) it'd be a hard replacement ;)
I know some pretty damn good graphics artists... Somehow I doubt it.

well, Zone, fun not to many people now, and you don't get the GFx you make. on the other hand, GK, fun, alot of people play, and you get the GFx you make. Can't make up your mind?
I'm still doubting that the fact that GK gives you the items you GFX for is a large deciding factor.

Oh, and FYI... GK is incredibly unbalanced, and pretty much ruined now due in part to people getting items 'poofed' to their account by admins.

i take it you rarely/never play Zone, cause vulcan has all/most of the event weaps, and i assure you, he didn't win them. Hmm, well, I did not know that. I'd have to say I don't agree with him getting those free items either. I don't really see how they would aid him in performing his duties.

Suggestions don't take 30 min to an hour to think of. :rolleyes:
So... They still contributed... If you're saying that they dont deserve some sort of compensation because they didn't put upto 30 minutes of work into the item... How do you plan to prove that you worked upto 30 minutes on any of the graphics you've made?... I'm sure many of them could've been finished within 5 minutes or less.

jkool666
10-26-2005, 03:01 AM
I am disagreeing with Sayian getting free items because he drew the graphics for them.
Then I appologize...

SayianOozaru
10-26-2005, 03:33 AM
well, i wasn't going to continue this argument (all haunter does is argue) but since Anubis asked ^^...

Oh, I'm sure there's some member in the GGT that can live up to your awesomeness... :rolleyes:

i'm sure there is, i'm not so good at doing guns(i do humans better) but i'm the only one GFx'n for Zone, and Stefan didn't find me, i found him ;)

Zone is a game about shooting, running, and all that stuff...

i think i'd no what Zone is about, since i do pwn it ;) and trust me, it's not just about running, and shooting...unless u have no friends o.o 1/3 of the time i'm on zone i'm talking to friends :)

It's a game of co-ordination... not of drawing. You getting an item just because Stefan liked something you scribbled down seems like special treatment.

scribbled down?! it takes 2 sec to scribble something, it takes awhile to make a gun...

Apologies for the first bit, I must've misread.

damn right ;)

And I'll never get to use them if I'm never on when there's an event. If you get an event item without winning and event, how is that fair to the people who actually managed to win an event to win one?

fair? if you haven't learned yet, nothing in life is 'fair' :\

That item is their trophy, the fact that people distinguish them as good players for having the item is one of the perks of getting it in the first place.

a trophy is something you look at and admire, not something you fight with. And it doesn't 'distinguish' people as being 'good' because half the time events go on, no one 'good' is on :(

I know some pretty damn good graphics artists... Somehow I doubt it.

i'm sure you do, but what makes you think there good at making guns (expecailly for zone)? i think only 2 others have recently made a gun for Zone...while i have made various items..lemme name some;

1) Reapers
2) Red Pistoles
3) Blue Pistoles
4) Speeder (the one on Zone Wars map)
5) Kv9
6) Storm Rifle
7) Head 17 i think?(the one i use)
8) a Tank (going to be in new map)
9) a Droid (might be in new map?)
10) Mounted Machine gun (is going in new map)
11) Graviton Grenade
12) Graviton Gun
13) Red Riffle
14) Green Riffle
(plus if any of my other GFx are being added, not sure what else is being added though :\ so i can't continue the list, as of yet)

suck on that, i'm pretty sure none of you so called 'GFx friends' have done any of this for Zone, in 6 months ;) (though it was really more like 3 or 4, cause i played GK for the first 2 months or so, then i just got back from being on GK for a month.)

I'm still doubting that the fact that GK gives you the items you GFX for is a large deciding factor.

well, i'm telling you what i've heard...

Oh, and FYI... GK is incredibly unbalanced, and pretty much ruined now due in part to people getting items 'poofed' to their account by admins.

I no GK is unbalanced, the staff give there friends items, and don't hold any(barely any) events

Hmm, well, I did not know that. I'd have to say I don't agree with him getting those free items either. I don't really see how they would aid him in performing his duties.

well, now u no where i'm comming from.

So... They still contributed... If you're saying that they dont deserve some sort of compensation because they didn't put upto 30 minutes of work into the item... How do you plan to prove that you worked upto 30 minutes on any of the graphics you've made?... I'm sure many of them could've been finished within 5 minutes or less.

well then, i guess its a good thing i ask people if they wanna see the idea (when i ask for ideas i get some crazy ass ****)

shall we continue?

haunter
10-26-2005, 04:53 AM
well, i wasn't going to continue this argument (all haunter does is argue) but since Anubis asked ^^...Yes, that is all I do... :rolleyes: I guess it's lucky to everybody else that you hardly ever venture far from the Zone section of the forums.

i'm sure there is, i'm not so good at doing guns(i do humans better) but i'm the only one GFx'n for Zone, and Stefan didn't find me, i found him ;) What was the point I was making here? Oh yeah... If you stop making graphics, there are still members of the Global Graphics Team to help Stefan. What does your comment here have to do with that? Please stay in context.

i think i'd no what Zone is about, since i do pwn it ;) and trust me, it's not just about running, and shooting...unless u have no friends o.o 1/3 of the time i'm on zone i'm talking to friends :)Talking to friends is a universal graal things... Thus it is not included in "What Zone is about."

scribbled down?! it takes 2 sec to scribble something, it takes awhile to make a gun...It was a metaphor, chill.

damn right ;) God, you suck it up when you get the chance, don't you? That's sad... I was trying to be good natured, and sincere.

fair? if you haven't learned yet, nothing in life is 'fair' :\Don't try and pull your philosophy bullcrap on me buddy. If nothing in life is fair, and you realize, and accept that, then you shouldn't have a problem accepting that you don't get free items after you draw them.

a trophy is something you look at and admire, not something you fight with. And it doesn't 'distinguish' people as being 'good' because half the time events go on, no one 'good' is on :(I'm pretty sure a trophy can serve more than one purpose... The item is their prize to use, and show off. Of course it distiguishes people... They were the best person in that event, and now they have their trophy to prove it. It's all realtive, man.

i'm sure you do, but what makes you think there good at making guns (expecailly for zone)? i think only 2 others have recently made a gun for Zone...while i have made various items..lemme name some;

1) Reapers
2) Red Pistoles
3) Blue Pistoles
4) Speeder (the one on Zone Wars map)
5) Kv9
6) Storm Rifle
7) Head 17 i think?(the one i use)
8) a Tank (going to be in new map)
9) a Droid (might be in new map?)
10) Mounted Machine gun (is going in new map)
11) Graviton Grenade
12) Graviton Gun
13) Red Riffle
14) Green Riffle
(plus if any of my other GFx are being added, not sure what else is being added though :\ so i can't continue the list, as of yet)

suck on that, i'm pretty sure none of you so called 'GFx friends' have done any of this for Zone, in 6 months ;) (though it was really more like 3 or 4, cause i played GK for the first 2 months or so, then i just got back from being on GK for a month.)What make me think that? Because the people I'm refering to are extremely talented, well rounded artists that could handle almost anything that Graal could possibly throw at them. So... just because you've pumped out a bunch of graphics over the last 6 months... You're suddenly a national treasure? I call bull****. Just because you've done a bunch of stuff for Zone doesn't make you better than the people I'm refering to (The folks in GGT, and some friends who aren't in GGT). I'm sure Stefan would've called in the GGT had he needed to... But since you're already doing graphics for him, he can leave the GGT to to their own thing. Just because they haven't made anything for Zone yet doesn't mean they're not qualified.

well, i'm telling you what i've heard... Uh huh... How many times... from how many different people? :rolleyes:

I no GK is unbalanced, the staff give there friends items, and don't hold any(barely any) events So you feel okay with starting that sort of thing on Zone by getting someone to 'poof' things into your account without you earning them ingame?

well, now u no where i'm comming from. How do you suppose that?

well then, i guess its a good thing i ask people if they wanna see the idea (when i ask for ideas i get some crazy ass ****) You're avoiding my question. If you deserve the weapon because you spend "atleast 30 minutes to an hour on the graphics" how do you plan to prove that you actually did take that long to make them?

shall we continue?I would if you persisted, but I can barely understand a bloody thing you say. Slow down and stay in context. You're not making any sense. Also: http://www.dictionary.com

bahamutstevetff
10-26-2005, 04:55 AM
i didnt read all the posts, but on to the *sayain gettin his weapons* topic, vulcan HAS got all the event weapons, and he tottaly sux with guns so he couldnt win them, so if vulcan gets them why shouldnt sayain?

DrDrizzle
10-26-2005, 05:22 AM
Gambet also got them. and why are you always trying to prove Sayian wrong haunter... and just cause he didn't script anything doesnt mean he shouldn't get it. He helped make the guns what they is, so he should get them.

SayianOozaru
10-26-2005, 05:32 AM
Yes, that is all I do... :rolleyes: I guess it's lucky to everybody else that you hardly ever venture far from the Zone section of the forums.

i'm serioius, u came in here and started 'flaming me' that's what they call it...

What was the point I was making here? Oh yeah... If you stop making graphics, there are still members of the Global Graphics Team to help Stefan. What does your comment here have to do with that? Please stay in context.

in context? what was my point again? oh yeah, they like my GFx better o.o
Talking to friends is a universal graal things... Thus it is not included in "What Zone is about."

you barely play zone (if ever) how are you going to tell someone who plays almost daily, what Zone's about?

It was a metaphor, chill.

i'm calm

God, you suck it up when you get the chance, don't you? That's sad... I was trying to be good natured, and sincere.

but u made me look bad :(

Don't try and pull your philosophy bullcrap on me buddy. If nothing in life is fair, and you realize, and accept that, then you shouldn't have a problem accepting that you don't get free items after you draw them.

i should, but i don't ;) and btw there not 'free' if you made them o.o Vulcan Gani'd them, so he got them. Stefan Scripted them and got them. But when i GFx them, i don't get em'. It's team work, except, they exclude me :\ (and if you make a pizza, do you eat it? or do you just hand it over to whoever asks for it? what's the difference here? (minus the pizza) i made the GFx, therefore i should get them)

I'm pretty sure a trophy can serve more than one purpose... The item is their prize to use, and show off. Of course it distiguishes people... They were the best person in that event, and now they have their trophy to prove it. It's all realtive, man.

is it? ;)

What make me think that? Because the people I'm refering to are extremely talented, well rounded artists that could handle almost anything that Graal could possibly throw at them. So... just because you've pumped out a bunch of graphics over the last 6 months... You're suddenly a national treasure?

must i answer that? ;) xD

I call bull****. Just because you've done a bunch of stuff for Zone doesn't make you better than the people I'm refering to (The folks in GGT, and some friends who aren't in GGT).

did i say i was better than them? i said they were probly better than me. But the players like my GFx more, that's all i said (there you go mis-reading again)

I'm sure Stefan would've called in the GGT had he needed to... But since you're already doing graphics for him, he can leave the GGT to to their own thing. Just because they haven't made anything for Zone yet doesn't mean they're not qualified.

never said they weren't, i asked if you knew if they were good at doing guns >_< i said i've made alot of GFx in the past couple of months.

Uh huh... How many times... from how many different people? :rolleyes:

So you feel okay with starting that sort of thing on Zone by getting someone to 'poof' things into your account without you earning them ingame?

what are you talking about? that's why i left GK, and went back to Zone, plz, acutally read my text o.o

How do you suppose that?

read the first comment i made, i think?

You're avoiding my question. If you deserve the weapon because you spend "atleast 30 minutes to an hour on the graphics" how do you plan to prove that you actually did take that long to make them?

hmmm, maybe cause you don't make anything in 10 min o.o that and i tell everyone when i'll be GFx'n, plus if Vulcan aim's me, he see's how long it takes. :asleep:

I would if you persisted

*the neverending argument* (started by haunter, what else is new?:eek:)

but I can barely understand a bloody thing you say. Slow down and stay in context.

bring the vocab down a lil' (wtf does context mean?o.o)

You're not making any sense. Also: http://www.dictionary.com

you should learn to use your own sources ;)

haunter
10-26-2005, 05:35 AM
i didnt read all the posts, but on to the *sayain gettin his weapons* topic, vulcan HAS got all the event weapons, and he tottaly sux with guns so he couldnt win them, so if vulcan gets them why shouldnt sayain?

But the thing is, Vulcan shouldn't get them... That's unfair as well... Even though it's been repeated to death, it's still true: "Two wrongs do not make a right."

bahamutstevetff
10-26-2005, 05:44 AM
aye but to wrongs make a umm fair, the fact is vulcan has them, and sayain hasent, and sayain should have them!

SayianOozaru
10-26-2005, 05:56 AM
no, it's 2 i guess. Stefan and Vulcan have them (though, stefan can get anything xD) but inculding me, 3 rights make a left, and that's close enough ;). I still think i should get them...and haunter thanks for not continueing that long argument...that took me like 10 min to do...it was gettin annouying xD

Lord Sephiroth
10-26-2005, 07:39 AM
I didn't read all the replies so this is to the main post.

I think the whole point of designing graphics and weapons for zone was to help them. Like, isn't that said in the Server Message? "To help with Zone levels or graphics..."
So its not like you're uploading personal things, you're making things for the server, not for yourself.

Hope that makes sense.

bahamutstevetff
10-26-2005, 08:33 AM
it made some sence, but i think sayain should get the weapons because vulcan and gambet did, so why shouldnt he.

Raeiphon
10-26-2005, 01:44 PM
Excuuuusee me haunter, but do you know how hard pixel art is? I do graphical effects and vector art myself, i'm quite accomplished at it. I tried pixel art, and failed miserably. Saiyan puts quite alot of effort into his graphics, and with the multitude he's done for zone, he at least deserves to use what he has made.

He did the graphics, stefan did the coding. He did half, practically, so that makes him perfectly legible to get one.

And rubbing grammar in people's faces is a sure sign that you're obviously running out of arguments. And i'd like to see you do better than Saiyan before saying he is 'just slapping a bunch of pixels together'.

In short, Screw you. He worked hard to make them, the creator should get to use what he helped to create.

haunter
10-26-2005, 03:57 PM
no, it's 2 i guess. Stefan and Vulcan have them (though, stefan can get anything xD) but inculding me, 3 rights make a left, and that's close enough ;). I still think i should get them...and haunter thanks for not continueing that long argument...that took me like 10 min to do...it was gettin annouying xDThe fact that Stefan has them sort of makes sense... For one, like you mentioned, he owns all of GraalOnline so he can get whatever he wishes Secondly, he would need them for debug reasons... As for Vulcan having them... That I don't agree with. He's not going to be fixing any bugs in their scripts, so really, he doesn't need to have them to perform his job on the server.

First of all, I don't see you or Vulcan getting free items as 'right'... Second of all, left is the complete opposite of right... Thus it's wrong. Enough with the rotational analogies.

I'm not trying to say you shouldn't get them just because it's you... I wouldn't agree with anybody trying to get free items in your position.

I would've replied to your longer post, but when I saw it last night, it was late, and I had to be sure I would make it to school on time this morning. I will not continue if you do not wish to. I think I've made my opinion clear. If you would like to continue and discuss it further, by all means, I'd be happy to.

Excuuuusee me haunter, but do you know how hard pixel art is? I do graphical effects and vector art myself, i'm quite accomplished at it. I tried pixel art, and failed miserably. Saiyan puts quite alot of effort into his graphics, and with the multitude he's done for zone, he at least deserves to use what he has made. I have done my share of pixel art on graal, yes... I never too difficult myself... I'm not the greatest at it, no, but I find it easier than say... Vector art, or free-hand drawing. It really isn't as hard as you're making it out to be. Saiyan does have the chance to use what he's made, I just think he (And Vulcan) should have to get it the way every other player does...

He did the graphics, stefan did the coding. He did half, practically, so that makes him perfectly legible to get one.Sorry, but for those weapons, the graphics, and coding aspects are not equal halves in terms of work.

And rubbing grammar in people's faces is a sure sign that you're obviously running out of arguments. And i'd like to see you do better than Saiyan before saying he is 'just slapping a bunch of pixels together'. I wasn't trying to rub grammar in his face... For one, the closest thing I did to rubbing grammar in his face was link him to the dictionary... Dictionarys are prominently used for spelling. I linked him there for two reasons: 1) It was becoming more and more difficult to understand what he was saying... I was hoping he would take more time to write his posts, so I gave him a source as an aid. 2) He asked what 'context' means... That information is readily available at dictionary.com.

In short, Screw you. He worked hard to make them, the creator should get to use what he helped to create.I'll repeat what I said before: Saiyan does have the chance to use what he's made, I just think he (And Vulcan) should have to get it the way every other player does...

haunter
10-26-2005, 09:27 PM
I think I have a pretty good grasp on the situation... The only thing I wasn't aware of was the fact that Vulcan gets weapons for free (I will reiterate for the record: I don't agree with that either) and now I know that... If there's something else that I'm missing, please inform me asap. :)

I never came here with the intent to turn anything into a 'flame war'. I came here to read the thread. To be honest, I thought Sayian was giving a tutorial on designing weapons, so I was interested. As it turns out it was something completely different... It was still something I was interested in though, so I spoke my piece. The forums are for discussion, if Sayian didn't want the opinions of other users on the matter, he shouldn't have posted in the first place.

Lance
10-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Here's the deal:

If you voluntarily make a graphic for a server, you're making it for the server. You're not making it for yourself and you shouldn't expect to get a copy of whatever item it becomes. If the server manager decides to award you a copy of whatever item it becomes, that's his or her prerogative. However, if they choose not to, you have no room to selfishly complain. It's that simple.

Shadox
10-27-2005, 01:45 AM
i still say sayain should get them, or at least test them to see if he likes them. honestly what es doing could be in this context

sayain makes the cure for cancer (play along) and he gives it to scientists for proof, it works, and is a marvelous formula, BUT the scientists took the formula without paying sayain anything, or even letting him keep a sample, for himself.

last time i checked, this is either sayains REALLY REALLY nice, or thievery

bahamutstevetff
10-27-2005, 05:27 AM
aye, its unfair to sayain, its a game for christ sakes.

DrDrizzle
10-27-2005, 06:58 AM
ya he really deserves them

Lance
10-27-2005, 09:34 AM
i still say sayain should get them, or at least test them to see if he likes them. honestly what es doing could be in this context

Why would he need to "test them to see if he likes them"?

That aside, you can test such things without Stefan's help, you know. Open up the gani editor and take a look around if you don't believe me.

sayain makes the cure for cancer (play along) and he gives it to scientists for proof, it works, and is a marvelous formula, BUT the scientists took the formula without paying sayain anything, or even letting him keep a sample, for himself.

False analogy. Sayian isn't giving Stefan these graphics "for proof" of anything. He is willingly transferring ownership of these graphics to GraalOnline.

Also, stop hating on scientists.

last time i checked, this is either sayains REALLY REALLY nice, or thievery

Considering this is all done willingly, the second option is out of the question...?

Lance
10-27-2005, 09:35 AM
aye, its unfair to sayain, its a game for christ sakes.

Read -> Comprehend -> Consider posting.

You're stuck on either step one or two, but you skipped all the way to three. Work on that.

Lance
10-27-2005, 09:37 AM
ya he really deserves them

Why?

C'mon, put some content into your posts.

bahamutstevetff
10-27-2005, 01:57 PM
he deserves them because he made them, got cant he have some appreciation for his work, its not like hes bein forced to make gfxes, and without saying i bet wed all be shooting with bananas and pears jesus.

haunter
10-27-2005, 02:43 PM
he deserves them because he made them, got cant he have some appreciation for his work, its not like hes bein forced to make gfxes,Right, nobody is forcing him to make GFX, he volunteered. Normally when you volunteer for something you don't demand payment.

without saying i bet wed all be shooting with bananas and pears jesus.And how do you plan to support this hypothesis?

bahamutstevetff
10-27-2005, 02:45 PM
maybe you should take all sayains gfxes out and see
incuding the ppls he trained like jesses

haunter
10-27-2005, 03:48 PM
maybe you should take all sayains gfxes out and seeI'm assuming you're trying to support your hypothesis that if Sayain didn't make graphics we would all be shooting with bananas and pears... I can assure you that when I remove the Zone Graphics that Sayian made from my levels/images folder and play Zone, my guns do not turn into various kinds of fruit.

You lose.

incuding the ppls he trained like jessesWhat does this have to do with anything?

DrDrizzle
10-27-2005, 03:56 PM
without Sayian's gfx there would be like -8 guns (i think) there would be no event(s) or event items, Zone would go back to being boring. The speeders (on zone wars) would not be there, reapers, red pistoles, blue pistoles, etc. (he posted all that he's done earlier) he really works hard, but he doesn't get anything from it, but Vulcan gets them when he gani's them, so why shouldn't Sayian get them if he made them?
Sayian helped jesse learn how to gfx better

haunter
10-27-2005, 04:48 PM
I'm really getting tired of repeating myself.

without Sayian's gfx there would be like -8 guns (i think) there would be no event(s) or event items, Zone would go back to being boring. The speeders (on zone wars) would not be there, reapers, red pistoles, blue pistoles, etc. (he posted all that he's done earlier)

I'm pretty sure I already said that Stefan could find qualified artists to make new graphics for him if need be... I'll agree, all of the stuff that Sayian made wouldn't be on Zone though, there would be different things instead. I'm convinced that Stefan wouldn't go this long without adding new things.

he really works hard, but he doesn't get anything from it,He's not being forced, or even asked to work really hard. He volunteered to. Demanding compensation after the fact is rude and selfish.

Vulcan gets them when he gani's them, so why shouldn't Sayian get them if he made them? Are you positive that Vulcan is getting these items because he ganied them? Or is it because he's staff and has the ability to add them to himself? He has the ability to give out items to other players as events prizes, doesn't he? Or am I mistaken?

Either way, I'll repeat myself again, perhaps it will sink in the third or fourth time: I don't agree with Vulcan getting these items for free either. So why would I agree with Sayian getting them?

Sayian helped jesse learn how to gfx betterOkay... So how does that relate to Sayian getting free items poofed to him on Zone?

bahamutstevetff
10-27-2005, 05:37 PM
vulcan cant give weapons out. Sayain makes the weapons out of the goodness of his heart (i cant beleive i said that) ur all saying, thank you we shall have them, he says can i try em our, you say pfft no all u did was make them u dont have the right. its so unfair to him, if i was sayain, id stop makin gfxes all together, for some ungrateful pricks like haunter and lance.

Lance
10-28-2005, 12:13 AM
he deserves them because he made them,

You're missing the point. Making a graphic, script, or level and willingly donating it does not entitle you to receiving a copy of whatever it turns into on the server.

got cant he have some appreciation for his work,

For one, he gets the honor and recognition of having his graphics uploaded on a GraalOnline Gold Server. For another, 'appreciation' is not equivalent to 'item'.

its not like hes bein forced to make gfxes, and without saying i bet wed all be shooting with bananas and pears jesus.

You're right. He isn't. So what?

maybe you should take all sayains gfxes out and see

They're GraalOnline's graphics now. You may've missed that.

Lance
10-28-2005, 12:15 AM
without Sayian's gfx there would be like -8 guns (i think) there would be no event(s) or event items, Zone would go back to being boring. The speeders (on zone wars) would not be there, reapers, red pistoles, blue pistoles, etc. (he posted all that he's done earlier)

I'm glad to see that your powers of perceiving alternate realities are so awesome. Had he not made the graphics he did, it's highly likely that someone else would've made different graphics that you'd be a huge fan of instead.

he really works hard, but he doesn't get anything from it, but Vulcan gets them when he gani's them, so why shouldn't Sayian get them if he made them?

To be fair, Vulcan shouldn't either. However, that's Stefan's call.

Lance
10-28-2005, 12:25 AM
Sayain makes the weapons out of the goodness of his heart (i cant beleive i said that)

Well, at least we agree on this much. So, then, how exactly does this entitle him to a copy?

ur all saying, thank you we shall have them, he says can i try em our, you say pfft no all u did was make them u dont have the right. its so unfair to him,

Please don't paraphrase anything I've said and include "u". It's just insulting.

Okay. Listen. I am not quite sure how you can have such a perverse understanding of fairness, but how the heck is it fair to all the other players if Sayian receives free items? Have you even bothered to stop and think about what sort of message that sends the players?

if i was sayain, id stop makin gfxes all together, for some ungrateful pricks like haunter and lance.

Huh, don't tell me what I feel. I appreciate that he's helping a GraalOnline gold server. I just don't feel that warrants unbalancing the game.

jkool666
10-28-2005, 02:09 AM
Well I think Lance wins... He really burned ya... Now no more quoting! Its like a massive battle of the smart people...

Darlene159
10-28-2005, 04:26 AM
Well I think Lance wins... He really burned ya... Now no more quoting! Its like a massive battle of the smart people...
Quoting is good (as it says in the forum rules) ;)

DrDrizzle
10-28-2005, 04:59 AM
i'll get on aim and try to convince sayian to stop. How is it GraalOnline's gfx? I don't think sayian gives them permission anymore to put them in, i think he just asks if they would like to see it 'in-game' so he hasn't given them permission, all he's done is ask if the players would like to see this in-game. I think he's only asked the Reapers to be put in game...so there still sayians gfx :P but anyway, lemme get on aim and tell him what you guys have been posting ^^ (i'll edit this post with whatever he says)

haunter
10-28-2005, 05:17 AM
i'll get on aim and try to convince sayian to stop. How is it GraalOnline's gfx? I don't think sayian gives them permission anymore to put them in, i think he just asks if they would like to see it 'in-game' so he hasn't given them permission, all he's done is ask if the players would like to see this in-game. I think he's only asked the Reapers to be put in game...so there still sayians gfx :P but anyway, lemme get on aim and tell him what you guys have been posting ^^ (i'll edit this post with whatever he says)

How is it GraalOnline's gfx?

He willingly uploaded his own graphics to webspace owned by LINUX Cyberjoueurs, therefore it becomes property of LINUX Cyberjoueurs.

Damix2
10-28-2005, 05:29 AM

...all graphics submitted become GraalOnlines.

Lance
10-28-2005, 07:03 AM

Good job not understanding a word I said. I suggest rereading my posts.

Also, posting private history is against the rules.

Also, posting for other users (especially banned users) is against the rules.

bahamutstevetff
10-28-2005, 09:30 AM
how come its the people who dont play zone that are against it, whereas the people who play zone are for it.oh well, im going to transfare all my event items to sayain because i wouldnt want to lose his gfxes as there a great asset to graalonline, to bad lance and haunter dont give a toss that he sat for hours doing something no one would appreciate, exept his friends, but why should he care about retards like lance and haunter.

anubis_wing
10-28-2005, 12:32 PM
how come its the people who dont play zone that are against it, whereas the people who play zone are for it.oh well, im going to transfare all my event items to sayain because i wouldnt want to lose his gfxes as there a great asset to graalonline, to bad lance and haunter dont give a toss that he sat for hours doing something no one would appreciate, exept his friends, but why should he care about retards like lance and haunter.
Hey can I have your bps?

Huwajux
10-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Hey can I have your bps?
O.o Er...anyway.

Lance is right. Although Sayian made the GFX, he submitted them on the Zone GFX forums. Anything that is submitted there can be used for Graalonline from that point on.

Shadox
10-28-2005, 01:56 PM
how any double posts have the admins done so far......1..2..ah well im reading these and i now take the side of the staff, he should not get the weapons, but i do believe that a thank you in some form of way, is needed, true Stefan could get new artists, but he doesnt need to, and i just think that some form of thank you is necessary....also Vulcan doesnt deserve the weapons either...but yeah im sure you all see the point that I have given

anubis_wing
10-28-2005, 02:01 PM
how any double posts have the admins done so far......1..2..ah well im reading these and i now take the side of the staff, he should not get the weapons, but i do believe that a thank you in some form of way, is needed, true Stefan could get new artists, but he doesnt need to, and i just think that some form of thank you is necessary....also Vulcan doesnt deserve the weapons either...but yeah im sure you all see the point that I have given
Yeah I agree with Shadox not just because he's sitting beside me with a gun to my head. But yeah Vulcan has no right to own a weapon if sayian doesn't

bahamutstevetff
10-28-2005, 02:06 PM
well i can see ive been defeated here. i understand that once someone has given their work to graalonline, it can be used to graals discretion, but i agree that some sort of thank you should go through at least as sayain did work hard on his gfxes for the benefeit of the players.

haunter
10-28-2005, 02:28 PM
to bad lance and haunter dont give a toss that he sat for hours doing something no one would appreciate, exept his friends, but why should he care about retards like lance and haunter.I appreciate the fact that he's doing this for Zone. I think it's great when the players pitch in to help the community. Wasn't this said already?

Also, I'm quite sure that Lance and I are in fit mental health... Our thought processes are not delayed in any way.

haunter
10-28-2005, 02:32 PM
how any double posts have the admins done so far......1..2..Read the forum rules. The sort of double posting that we've done is encouraged.

i do believe that a thank you in some form of way, is needed People compliment Sayian on his work... that's a 'thank you', is it not? Since when did a thank you have to be a sort of physical* thing?

*Well... As physical as something in an online game can get... It's all just lines of code, but you should understand what I mean.

DrDrizzle
10-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Read the forum rules. The sort of double posting that we've done is encouraged.

People compliment Sayian on his work... that's a 'thank you', is it not? Since when did a thank you have to be a sort of physical* thing?

*Well... As physical as something in an online game can get... It's all just lines of code, but you should understand what I mean.

when the new weapons are realeased (and you get the pm from the npc server) it's only included sayians name once...and that was next to the reapers....so no, they do not thank him...

haunter
10-28-2005, 04:00 PM
when the new weapons are realeased (and you get the pm from the npc server) it's only included sayians name once...and that was next to the reapers....so no, they do not thank him...... I wasn't talking about directly from GraalOnline. The other users give him many pats on the back. This whole thread is a giant pat on the back... A lot of you are fighting to get him free weapons... That must count for something.

anubis_wing
10-28-2005, 05:27 PM
... I wasn't talking about directly from GraalOnline. The other users give him many pats on the back. This whole thread is a giant pat on the back... A lot of you are fighting to get him free weapons... That must count for something.
But has he got anything so far? So are we really thanking him or are we just saying we are?

haunter
10-28-2005, 05:36 PM
But has he got anything so far? So are we really thanking him or are we just saying we are?
Didn't I just say that a "thank you" doesn't have to be something 'physical'? Pay attention. Geez.

bahamutstevetff
10-28-2005, 06:14 PM
why shouldnt he have something physical, if some1 gave you a box of chocolates, you say thank you, and get them something in return, or at least i do, cos im a decent appreciative person.

haunter
10-28-2005, 06:24 PM
why shouldnt he have something physical, if some1 gave you a box of chocolates, you say thank you, and get them something in return, or at least i do, cos im a decent appreciative person. You shouldn't have to give another physical thing in return in order for them to know that you appreciate their gift... If the person gives you the box of chocolates as a gift, and then expects something in return after the fact... There's something wrong with them...

It's sort of like those kids who shovel people's driveways during the winter without asking the owner of the house first, then demand money after they've finished.

The server message on Zone might say that they would like people to send in graphics, but it doesn't say anything about compensation... If you're expecting something in return, you should make sure that you will get what you want before doing the work.

bahamutstevetff
10-28-2005, 08:01 PM
ok god point with the chocolates, but....ive run out of arguments you win. thanks to you, sayain has stopped creating masterful gfxes to zone, u go great outcome from that argument.

haunter
10-28-2005, 08:13 PM
ok god point with the chocolates, but....ive run out of arguments you win. thanks to you, sayain has stopped creating masterful gfxes to zone, u go great outcome from that argument.

How is it my fault?

jkool666
10-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Quoting is good (as it says in the forum rules) ;)
Would you like to send me the link?

haunter
10-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Would you like to send me the link?

It says 'Fourm Rules' on the main page! It shouldn't be too hard to find on your own. You shouldn't even be posting in the first place if you haven't read the rules yet.

jkool666
10-28-2005, 09:09 PM
It says 'Fourm Rules' on the main page! It shouldn't be too hard to find on your own. You shouldn't even be posting in the first place if you haven't read the rules yet.
lol OOO temper. Should you play zone to post on the zone board?

haunter
10-28-2005, 09:23 PM
lol OOO temper. Should you play zone to post on the zone board?No... I'm pretty sure that's not a prerequisite. And even if it was, I have played on Zone before.

Shadox
10-28-2005, 09:37 PM
People compliment Sayian on his work... that's a 'thank you', is it not? Since when did a thank you have to be a sort of physical* thing?
im sure, that you must know, as an intelligent human being, that actions speak louder than words, true he doesnt need the guns, or money but for Zone to even say something like "and thanks to sayain for submitting the following GFX's", and of course include everyone who did

Darlene159
10-28-2005, 11:45 PM
Would you like to send me the link?As Haunter pointed out, if you look next to the Forum named "Forum Announcements", you will see the rules link, the link is also in my sig...

In reply to all this talk about someone not getting compensation for his work...seems to me that seeing your work used on Graal, and being enjoyed by the players would make a person feel really good, I know I always felt good when I made levels for N-Pulse, or other PW's, and was complimented for them...what better prize is there then people getting enjoyment from something someone made?
thanks to you, sayain has stopped creating masterful gfxes to zone, u go great outcome from that argument.That's sad, I would hope soemone wouldn't stop doing something that he truly enjoys just because he doesn't get it for free :frown:
I don't see how it can be about him getting no appreciation, because he certainly has recieved alot of appreciation for them...

DrDrizzle
10-29-2005, 12:02 AM
Alright...i was talking to Mech about Zone, and he ended up bothering me nonstop telling me to have the weapons i made taken out of the game...at first i was on the "no!" side of it. But then he told me that if someone where to make a weapon/item for GK (another gold server) that they'd get that weapon, i was furious when i heard that...so is that true? >:O cause u guys(Gambet mostly, Stefan wouldn't answer) when i first made the Reapers, that the only way to get them was to win them, even if i made them...so i'm on the 'dunno' side now...i just think that's ****ed up that if someone makes a weapon they don't get it...even though you make the weapon so YOU can use it :mad:

^ the very first post...if one of the two gold servers gives you the items you make, why would you make gfx for the server that doesn't? and when he first made the gfx (reapers) he got a thank you, and the whole server knew who made the gfx...but now the pm doesn't inculde his name next to the weapon(s) he made, he's not gettin a thank you at all, he's just having the gfx he posts put in the game...and he's never on when vulcan holds events, so he never has a chance to win them (belive me, he'd pwn everyone that perticipated ^^) so how is this fair to him? he gets no "thank you" and he gets no chance at winning his gfx...

haunter
10-29-2005, 12:12 AM
^ the very first post...if one of the two gold servers gives you the items you make, why would you make gfx for the server that doesn't? and when he first made the gfx (reapers) he got a thank you, and the whole server knew who made the gfx...but now the pm doesn't inculde his name next to the weapon(s) he made, he's not gettin a thank you at all, he's just having the gfx he posts put in the game...and he's never on when vulcan holds events, so he never has a chance to win them (belive me, he'd pwn everyone that perticipated ^^) so how is this fair to him? he gets no "thank you" and he gets no chance at winning his gfx...

All of those points are moot. Stop trying.

Darlene159
10-29-2005, 01:26 AM
^ the very first post...if one of the two gold servers gives you the items you make, why would you make gfx for the server that doesn't?For the players to enjoy, and because that happens to be the server he enjoys?

and when he first made the gfx (reapers) he got a thank you, and the whole server knew who made the gfx...but now the pm doesn't inculde his name next to the weapon(s) he made, he's not gettin a thank you at all, he's just having the gfx he posts put in the game...and he's never on when vulcan holds events, so he never has a chance to win them (belive me, he'd pwn everyone that perticipated ^^) so how is this fair to him? he gets no "thank you" and he gets no chance at winning his gfxHe gets thank yous constantly from the players, I don't understand why that isn't enough, they are the ones that use them, they are the ones they were made for (or should have been).

Why should he be treated differently because he isn't on when the events are held?
It is beginning to sound like the graphics are made for purely selfish reasons, not to benifit the server....

DrDrizzle
10-29-2005, 01:33 AM
he should at least get a chance to win his own creation :\ and no, players don't constintly thank him. The only time i've acutally seen someone thank him, was when he told the player that he made that weapon, and the player didn't even believe him at first...

haunter
10-29-2005, 01:57 AM
he should at least get a chance to win his own creation :\ and no, players don't constintly thank him. The only time i've acutally seen someone thank him, was when he told the player that he made that weapon, and the player didn't even believe him at first...He does have a chance... He just has to show up at the right time. That is part of the chance. No?

Users thank and praise him all the time here on the forums. Christ, the guy should be dead flattered just by reading this thread alone.

jkool666
10-29-2005, 03:42 AM
No... I'm pretty sure that's not a prerequisite. And even if it was, I have played on Zone before.
Oh ok just making sure :D:P You just didn't need to be so *snotty* as to how you told me about forum rules...

DrDrizzle
10-29-2005, 03:57 AM
He does have a chance... He just has to show up at the right time. That is part of the chance. No?

Users thank and praise him all the time here on the forums. Christ, the guy should be dead flattered just by reading this thread alone.

he should be flattered that he will probly never have the chance to win the items, and you guys just go and say how all the gfx he worked for are not even his anymore...ya i guess he should be flattered...

haunter
10-29-2005, 04:28 AM
he should be flattered that he will probly never have the chance to win the items, and you guys just go and say how all the gfx he worked for are not even his anymore...ya i guess he should be flattered...He has just a good a chance as anybody does to win those items... That's fair, not offensive. Uhh... And we're telling him that his graphics belong to GraalOnline because it's the truth... Not because we're trying to insult him.

DrDrizzle
10-29-2005, 04:54 AM
well this thread is over with...i guess Sayian's made up his mind :( check my sig :(

Lance
10-29-2005, 05:11 AM
well this thread is over with...i guess Sayian's made up his mind :( check my sig :(

So, let me get this straight. You convince Sayian that people are out to get him and that he should stop making/submitting graphics (and even paste chatlogs wherein you are telling him to do so), you berate people for pointing out the other side of the whole fairness thing, and then declare this thread 'over'?

Wow. I bow to you, sir king of threads.

jkool666
10-29-2005, 05:34 AM
Ok myself I'll try to end this. I think this topic is about Sayian complaining about not geting the items he makes correct? Well myself if i GFX'd somthing and it got put into zone that would be reward enough. It would feel cool making somthing thats in a game (you guys are probably used to it).

Darlene159
10-29-2005, 05:39 AM
well this thread is over with...i guess Sayian's made up his mind :( check my sig :(Bleh, that post on his site just prooves that he didn't make the graphics for Zone, he made them for himself, and to possibly get a staff position...
That is very sad, but his choice I guess...

Bl0nkt
10-29-2005, 08:14 AM
Check the agreement. Anything uploaded onto graal is graal's property. That doesn't mean you can't take the credit for it.

DrDrizzle
10-29-2005, 08:25 AM
So, let me get this straight. You convince Sayian that people are out to get him and that he should stop making/submitting graphics (and even paste chatlogs wherein you are telling him to do so), you berate people for pointing out the other side of the whole fairness thing, and then declare this thread 'over'?

Wow. I bow to you, sir king of threads.

what? i didn't convince sayian to do anything, i told him what people were saying, and how he wasn't getting anything out of this, and he decided to stop... but then i guess he talked to u? and now he's not sure...

Darlene159
10-29-2005, 04:16 PM
what? i didn't convince sayian to do anything, i told him what people were saying, and how he wasn't getting anything out of this, and he decided to stop... but then i guess he talked to u? and now he's not sure...You might want to read your own convo with him, because you most certainly did talk him into not letting zone use his graphics, even when he said he didn't want to stop making them.
Hopefully he will see that making things for Zone itself to enjoy is better then making things for just himself...

bahamutstevetff
10-29-2005, 04:54 PM
shouldnt this thread have been closed when i solved the problem, im giving the guy the weapons i won so he continues makin gfxes.

DrDrizzle
10-29-2005, 08:25 PM
forum pm ixi...since i'm not allowed to post what sayian says :\

bahamutstevetff
10-29-2005, 09:05 PM
i got it

kwarner5
11-01-2005, 05:12 AM
its not fair! why should he have to earn them? if it wasnt for him then NOBODY would have them! he spends hours scripting and drawing them and he gets killed by them cuz he doesnt even getta use them. thats totally ***. !
! sayain i need ur help!!

Lance
11-01-2005, 06:54 AM
its not fair! why should he have to earn them? if it wasnt for him then NOBODY would have them! he spends hours scripting and drawing them and he gets killed by them cuz he doesnt even getta use them. thats totally ***. !

Read the thread. Yes, all of it. I understand that there might be a lot of words there, but I think you can handle it.

bahamutstevetff
11-01-2005, 07:34 AM

if you read the long "discussions" thruought this thread, you will realise that sayain has no chance of gettin hin weapons for free.

Lance
11-01-2005, 07:39 AM
if you read the long "discussions" thruought this thread, you will realise that sayain has no chance of gettin hin weapons for free.

I think the more important thing to glean from the thread is that it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the players if he received those weapons for free.

kwarner5
11-01-2005, 09:32 AM
I think the more important thing to glean from the thread is that it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the players if he received those weapons for free.

it would be fair because without him there wouldnt be pistols for anyone to get

kwarner5
11-01-2005, 09:36 AM
Read the thread. Yes, all of it. I understand that there might be a lot of words there, but I think you can handle it.
was that sarcasm u noobie?

haunter
11-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Quit acting like an idiot child and read the thread before you comment again. No one will take you seriously otherwise.

Lance
11-01-2005, 07:38 PM
it would be fair because without him there wouldnt be pistols for anyone to get

Really? So him not making them would've precluded any other graphic artist from making zone graphics in his stead? That's an interesting conjecture. On what do you base your suppositions about this alternate reality?

I'm afraid I was deathly serious.

Splke
11-01-2005, 08:10 PM
It sounds like he was just trying to get special items for himself, and when he didn't he called it unfair that the graphics he was making for a server (remember that part, it's important) weren't being imediately given to him.

Maybe that's how they do it on Maloria, but I don't think that is in any way fair to the players who actually PLAY the game and participate in events to WIN the items.

As far as Vulcan having the items goes, he is staff. Cut him some slack.

haunter
11-01-2005, 08:15 PM
As far as Vulcan having the items goes, he is staff. Cut him some slack.
It shouldn't matter that he's staff, he shouldn't get them for free either. ;\ It's not like he's scripting them and needs them for testing.

Splke
11-01-2005, 08:20 PM
No but the general notion is that staff get special treatment on Graal, or for that manner any game. Yeah it's a pretty corrupt notion, but at the same time he may at times just want to enjoy the game abit too; as long as he doesn't use like, Staff Gun of Awesomeness x 90000, it shouldn't be that intolerable.

bahamutstevetff
11-01-2005, 09:08 PM
sayain is staff to, sayain could win the weapons easily if he was on at the events.

haunter
11-01-2005, 09:13 PM
No but the general notion is that staff get special treatment on Graal, or for that manner any game. Not on G2k1. 0.o;

Yeah it's a pretty corrupt notion, but at the same time he may at times just want to enjoy the game abit too; They can enjoy it without getting stuff for free... It's not like they're working 100% of the time they're online. Half the enjoyment comes from getting this stuff yourself anyway, if you ask me. :P

as long as he doesn't use like, Staff Gun of Awesomeness x 90000, it shouldn't be that intolerable.I don't really agree with it at all... Aside from debugging purposes. That's just my opinion though; so like Lance said, it's up to Stefan in the end in this case.

Splke
11-01-2005, 09:21 PM
sayain is staff to, sayain could win the weapons easily if he was on at the events.

Sayian isn't staff, he makes GFX for the server.

Not on G2k1. 0.o;

Given the status of 2k1, I don't think it's fair to use that as an example.

They can enjoy it without getting stuff for free... It's not like they're working 100% of the time they're online. Half the enjoyment comes from getting this stuff yourself anyway, if you ask me. :P

Definitive based on how much time he puts into the game. You might think his logic for having these items is that he puts x amount of effort into the game, and the items are a small way of showing apreciation towards that.

don't really agree with it at all... Aside from debugging purposes. That's just my opinion though; so like Lance said, it's up to Stefan in the end in this case.

As far as him disrupting gameplay with the items is what I should of said.

haunter
11-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Sayian isn't staff, he makes GFX for the server. Get with the times, bro. :P :) http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62015

Given the status of 2k1, I don't think it's fair to use that as an example.I don't see why not... I'm not referring to soley the present... I'm also refering to the past.

Definitive based on how much time he puts into the game. You might think his logic for having these items is that he puts x amount of effort into the game, and the items are a small way of showing apreciation towards that.Like I've said before many times in the thread, I think that the praise of others shows appreciation... besides, part of the game Graal is the fun of making your own stuff. You shouldn't need to get free items for compensation... You should be working as staff because you enjoy it.

As far as him disrupting gameplay with the items is what I should of said.I know what you meant... I just don't agree with the giving of free items to any degree... Aside from Debugging, like I mentioned.

Raeiphon
11-02-2005, 11:50 AM
It wouldn't? Why not, he made half of it? Usually if you make something, you generally get to use it.

haunter
11-02-2005, 03:29 PM
It wouldn't? Why not, he made half of it? Usually if you make something, you generally get to use it.
Stop bringing up moot points.

Darlene159
11-02-2005, 03:33 PM
I think it is safe to say that this thread can be closed now. Sayain is now staff on Zone, therefore discussion can come to a close about his stuff not being used.