PDA

View Full Version : no stopping power : freezing time = cant shoot

FreakyQueen
10-20-2005, 04:18 AM
i think making zones weapons not having any stopping ("freezing") power would balance the game a lot.
many times a character can die from making 1 mistake of hitting a stream of bullets, and those bullets are fired so fast they cannot escape. also, when fighting a strafing enemy: if the enemy is above you and a bit to the left, firing down and strafing right and there is a wall to the right: you have to either move down and away or into the line of fire -- if you move at the enemy they can easily step aside, backwards and then towards you again, threatening you with their fire.
when a bullet hits, i think the character cant fire for time equal to the freezing time, but it doesnt interupt their movement at all. its worth a shot to try it out..

SayianOozaru
10-20-2005, 04:44 AM
or just get ride of strafing all together....i don't like it, u have to get up in someone's face to beat a strafer, cause they always use long range bullets... :\ but it won't be taken out since alot of people do it...my suggestion, learn to dodge bullets better...that's what i do :\ that's the only thing to do :frown:

bahamutstevetff
10-20-2005, 06:06 AM
dont get rid of strafing, if u cant beat a strafer...strafe.

FreakyQueen
10-20-2005, 04:40 PM
i know.. but with some weapons like smg, bluerifle, erbeamer, its literally impossible to dodge if you are in their path. which leaves going away from the player or running away from the stream of bullets (which is what i do but when there are obstacles.. you are forced to flee or youll get slaughtered in the strafe). but think: if you have no stopping power, you could move through the strafe stream, getting hit maybe only once or twice, and be able to escape.

this isnt about strafing though. i think it would improve the entire dynamics of the game.

bahamutstevetff
10-20-2005, 05:12 PM
what would be the point of strafe if not to aid killing. getting trapped in a stream of strafe and dying is the point of strafe.

Huwajux
10-20-2005, 05:38 PM
i think making zones weapons not having any stopping ("freezing") power would balance the game a lot.
many times a character can die from making 1 mistake of hitting a stream of bullets, and those bullets are fired so fast they cannot escape. also, when fighting a strafing enemy: if the enemy is above you and a bit to the left, firing down and strafing right and there is a wall to the right: you have to either move down and away or into the line of fire -- if you move at the enemy they can easily step aside, backwards and then towards you again, threatening you with their fire.
when a bullet hits, i think the character cant fire for time equal to the freezing time, but it doesnt interupt their movement at all. its worth a shot to try it out..
I don't think it's that bad...
What I do want taken from the game, is when using rifles that use an autofire function. If you get caught in the crossfire your stuck. You can either make it out alive with around 2hp left, or you just die.

Shadox
10-20-2005, 10:20 PM
this is pathetic, you guys i mean honestly do you post about everything if it can kill you? strafers with guns such as bluerifle (pay attention if you want to beat me) use a straight shot, a stream which you are complaining about, just simple use indirect fire to get them to go away, its not hard...i swear if i see another thread about something that should be deleted because "its too cheap" or "it kills everyone" i will hunt down everyone that agrees...i know many things are cheap but adapt to it, get around it

SayianOozaru
10-20-2005, 11:50 PM
shadox pwns at strafing, and i only have trouble wit some strafin wit br....sometimes i have a problem wit a chaingun strafer(my screens small, sometimes i can't see:\) but like i said to many people strafe for it to be taken out...read my first post :whatever:

DrDrizzle
10-21-2005, 12:51 AM
everyone's complaining bout strafing ans **** but i do strafe too with BR and sumtimes apps when im fighting a strafer...x_x like willyao hes sfatres with apps which i really hate but i still killed he cmon guyz dont be deleting evereythings thats cheap.... this mite be like shadox's post but i agree with shadox get around the strafer... (or strafe) x_x

DrDrizzle
10-21-2005, 12:55 AM
everyone's complaining bout strafing and **** but i do strafe too with BR and sumtimes apps when im fighting a strafer...x_x like willyao hes sfatres with apps which i really hate but i still killed he cmon guyz dont be deleting evereythings thats cheap.... this mite be like shadox's post but i agree with shadox get around the strafer... (or strafe) x_x

SayianOozaru
10-21-2005, 01:05 AM
did u not read? i said to many people strafe for it to be taken out :whatever: wish it would be taken out though :\ teach everyone how to reall fight instead of lame :\ maybe strafing should only work with solider or higher rank? :\

Shadox
10-21-2005, 03:29 AM
you see, most people who use bluerifle ARE Soldier or higher X.x, but i suppose it would eliminate bluerifle ripoffs, like erbeamer or sumthin

Huwajux
10-21-2005, 06:04 PM
this is pathetic, you guys i mean honestly do you post about everything if it can kill you? strafers with guns such as bluerifle (pay attention if you want to beat me) use a straight shot, a stream which you are complaining about, just simple use indirect fire to get them to go away, its not hard...i swear if i see another thread about something that should be deleted because "its too cheap" or "it kills everyone" i will hunt down everyone that agrees...i know many things are cheap but adapt to it, get around it
If you put it in those terms of vocabulary you seem that what the people here are disscussing is a bad thing. People on the forums are here to discuss and let their mind run freely. They are stating something that they see makes the game unbalanced. They have a right to say what's on their mind. You are also free to argue if you disaggree. Just don't argue about "omgz all u pplz cant get roudn a simpel lamin move that i use all the tiem". Give reasons to why you think strafing shouldn't be removed. Don't start flaming them up.

Shadox
10-21-2005, 06:45 PM
reasons then:
1. its true i do use it all the time, but 90% of the people i fight use it as well
2. its easy to get around
3. its good for defence, if you are low on health and need to get away
4. it would be difficult to use certain guns without it, because they lack power but make up for it with speed

Huwajux
10-21-2005, 07:53 PM
reasons then:
1. its true i do use it all the time, but 90% of the people i fight use it as well
2. its easy to get around
3. its good for defence, if you are low on health and need to get away
4. it would be difficult to use certain guns without it, because they lack power but make up for it with speed
1. What people? Beginners?
2. Unbalanced/Overpowered
3. I accept, only in some cases though.
4. What guns? I can kill people with any gun without strafing.

jkool666
10-21-2005, 10:03 PM
i know.. but with some weapons like smg, bluerifle, erbeamer, its literally impossible to dodge if you are in their path. which leaves going away from the player or running away from the stream of bullets (which is what i do but when there are obstacles.. you are forced to flee or youll get slaughtered in the strafe). but think: if you have no stopping power, you could move through the strafe stream, getting hit maybe only once or twice, and be able to escape.

this isnt about strafing though. i think it would improve the entire dynamics of the game.
No way... The only thing good about those guns is their fast... Take that away and they suck... Plus they shoot in a streight line making them easy to dodge...

Shadox
10-24-2005, 02:14 AM
What guns? I can kill people with any gun without strafing.
id like to see you use an er beamer without strafing, against me, using bluerifle, i doubt you can win, not many can

SayianOozaru
10-24-2005, 03:10 AM
i think strafing should slow u down alot(even when not shooting) cause when both players are the commando class, and ones useing apps, and the other usng a br and strafing, it's kinda hard to dodge bullets, when the other person is moving as fast as u :\

jkool666
10-24-2005, 05:10 AM
Strafing is cheap when running backwards because imagine this... You run backwards and hit somone running forwards into you. But its not possible for them to hit you because they are moving backwards away from the shot wile your going into the shot... Hense strafing is cheap wile walking backwards so make it that your speed is slower going backwards. (Who runs as fast going backwards as running forwards?)

SayianOozaru
10-24-2005, 06:26 AM
i just said that XD and where have u been? ain't seen you on zone in awhile :(

Huwajux
10-24-2005, 11:21 AM
id like to see you use an er beamer without strafing, against me, using bluerifle, i doubt you can win, not many can
Easy, I can use any rifle without strafing. :/

FreakyQueen
10-30-2005, 03:44 AM
first, this topic was NOT about strafing. it was about stopping power.
sayin, i think you hit it: strafing should slow you down. thats perfect!
i think strafing could work if you couldnt use it indefinitely.. i dont know, i think its dumb to be able to have something where, by using it you can dramatically increase your evasion, dramatically increase your chance of hit ; where to avoid damage one must avoid you entirely, and you have unlimited use of it.
---thats what strafing is

stopping power = 0 makes strafe not cheap because you wouldnt get CAUGHT IN stream.
hit once, whatever, can still move.

stopping power 0 or strafing = slows down or STRAFING TAKES ENERGY or strafing takes a new meter (not hp or energy), posted about this a whil eago..

bahamutstevetff
10-30-2005, 04:42 AM
i know this idea has been said before, but i want a bar that goes down when you strafe and when it fully depleats, u cannot strafe till it regens.

someonesomewhere
10-30-2005, 05:45 AM
I see people's minds have deteriorated a lot since my Internet broke down 3 weeks ago. Basically what you are asking is that when you get shot, your character will keep moving as though nothing happened. Now, think for a second. In real life, if I get shot, even when I play paintball, I slow down a little bit. Elimanate that, and you have a completely unfair advantage, because war doesn't afford many second chances. Quit whining about strafing, too ( I see Shadox is still as ****y as ever, no offense Shadox.). Strafing is completely fair with any weapon that shoots in a straight line, with little spread. Quit complaining.

bahamutstevetff
10-30-2005, 06:07 AM
what about the strafe bar

Shadox
10-30-2005, 05:49 PM
( I see Shadox is still as ****y as ever, no offense Shadox.)
none taken, i'll admit to being that way, but let me tell yah noobs fall for it