PDA

View Full Version : Plasambre Glitch?-_-

SayianOozaru
10-10-2005, 05:17 AM
Ok, i've realized that when i'm fighting someone, and there using the plasmabre, they now have the range of a muramasa or so...not sure if this is just something in V4 or if it's also in V2, also not sure if this is just an update, or if it's a glitch...just thought i'd post about it, and hope it gets fixed :frown:

Wind_Master
10-10-2005, 05:45 AM
Ok, i've realized that when i'm fighting someone, and there using the plasmabre, they now have the range of a muramasa or so...not sure if this is just something in V4 or if it's also in V2, also not sure if this is just an update, or if it's a glitch...just thought i'd post about it, and hope it gets fixed :frown:

Ya, sabre pisses me off. It should be deleated altogether.

It's not makin a differnce. Barely any1 uses it. Noone will be p2p just for it because when I was trial I got sabre in like an hour. So just deleated the dan thing already.. :redface:

SayianOozaru
10-10-2005, 06:32 AM
well like half of the team was using it...now they'll use that, then where there about to die, they fly off with there jetpack :\

Huwajux
10-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Ya, sabre pisses me off. It should be deleated altogether.

It's not makin a differnce. Barely any1 uses it. Noone will be p2p just for it because when I was trial I got sabre in like an hour. So just deleated the dan thing already.. :redface:
Why should it be deleted? You have no right to state something like that. It isn't doing anyone any harm (Unless you suck).
It can only be used to "Really" kill someone if it is an indoor section. The glitch you are talking about is a GFX/GANI mistake. Sabre's will be of more use in underground sections of maps, where it is enclosed and very little light (Besides the torch's, flamethrowers and the sabres themselves).
There "Is" an issue about people running away on jetpacks. Perhaps the sabre should be made two handed? This could also add a new move for the sabre.

Wind_Master
10-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Why should it be deleted? You have no right to state something like that. It isn't doing anyone any harm (Unless you suck).
It can only be used to "Really" kill someone if it is an indoor section. The glitch you are talking about is a GFX/GANI mistake. Sabre's will be of more use in underground sections of maps, where it is enclosed and very little light (Besides the torch's, flamethrowers and the sabres themselves).
There "Is" an issue about people running away on jetpacks. Perhaps the sabre should be made two handed? This could also add a new move for the sabre.

Well people complained about mortar lameing inside the bunkers.....sabre can do the exact same.

Huwajux
10-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Well people complained about mortar lameing inside the bunkers.....sabre can do the exact same.
Then be smart and don't go inside the bunkers. x_x

SayianOozaru
10-10-2005, 11:41 PM
or just br them ^^ (if it's narrow, or back into a corner and just fire at em' :P)

jkool666
10-11-2005, 02:07 AM
Yeah or jetpack in and use a pipe.

Bl0nkt
10-11-2005, 02:26 AM
You're all wrong. Here's what is happening.

I've seen this happening a ton of times. The problem, I know, is the serverside Pking system on Zone (I will explain that in a second). The other problem may be a wrong triggeraction. He may have the range set too far in the script, but this can't be proven right now.

Anyway...

Serverside - In simple terms, it's what the server sees. The opposite of this is clientside (what the player sees).

Now, take what I said above about the serverside Pk system. Remember, what the server sees is what it will justify.

In a Serverside system, the player you're fighting has the advantage because what the server sees is also what he sees. For those who don't know, the internet isn't instant. It takes a slight ammount of time to show on other people's monitors what you did on your computer.

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/1458/serverside15xj.png

Let's say you just walked to that position (Pretend you're the red blob). The blue blob has the sabre. Since the internet isn't instant, like I explained, the other player still sees you here:

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/2417/serverside25ox.png

Now, remember when I said what the server sees is what the attacking player sees? Since all scripts correspond with the server, if the attacker hits you on his screen and you're far from him (as shown in picture one) it will register damage.

Now take the flip side of that. If it was a Clientside system, it would have to appear that you were hit on your screen for damage to register. This way, even when you're as far from him as you are in picture two, on his screen he is hitting you and no damage is registering. This is because the script is run through what the player sees, and not the server.

It's hard to understand, I know, but I'm sure some of you will understand. :]

AlaricoMontario
10-11-2005, 02:53 AM
Sabre's put you at a disadvantage to all guns and bombs that are now plasma-based, because Sabre's can only reflect other plasma (blue rifle, in example). Taking away our ability to use the jetpack is as good as destroying the sabre itself. Sometimes, if the fight gets to hard, the only way to survive is to take flight - hence why we have speeders, mechs, racers, and helicopters on the way ;)

Crono
10-11-2005, 01:29 PM
I'm sure some of you will understand

Of course I do.

Huwajux
10-11-2005, 06:29 PM
It's hard to understand, I know, but I'm sure some of you will understand. :]
Who wouldn't? Thanks for explaining. <3

anubis_wing
10-12-2005, 04:23 AM
It's an easy subject to comprehend. If you didn't wanna read all that because the vocabulary may be to difficult for you then here's a ******* version for you people with the smaller intelects.
What they see isn't always what you see.

Bl0nkt
10-12-2005, 05:24 AM
It's an easy subject to comprehend. If you didn't wanna read all that because the vocabulary may be to difficult for you then here's a ******* version for you people with the smaller intelects.
What they see isn't always what you see.
And in serverside pk systems, if he hits you on his screen, damage will register.

In clientside systems, if he hits you on your screen, damage will register.

If the system was clientside (like Era), this thread would be covering why the sabre doesn't always register damage.

SayianOozaru
10-12-2005, 07:06 AM
who's making a helicopter? o.o haven't heard of that one...we have the rest

Huwajux
10-12-2005, 06:11 PM
who's making a helicopter? o.o haven't heard of that one...we have the rest
I suggested it. Nobody has posted in my thread, besides Jin. :frown: