PDA

View Full Version : Luck

AndreyGunblade
10-07-2005, 03:32 AM
Allright first of all, there have been many assumptions on luck. Some say it does absolutley nothing at all except maybe a little faster blessing. Others say it helps finding maps and diamonds. So my question, so that everyone knows, does luck actually help finding diamonds and maps? If so, then by how much? By (if you have 6 luck like i do) 6%? Or something like .06%? I have asked a couple of staff members and one said luck does help. So did a few others. So my question to you is, does it work only on monsters OR in spots like HH west? (when you clear the room) If say, i come and i kill a monster, does it's chance for a map or diamonds increase? (say t-rex) Or does it spawn after i have killed it with the luck? What if someone comes and kills it? Do they get the luck or is it taken away? Or does it only work in maps? You go into a map, and the game reads your stats and then works? This seems unlikely, so does luck actually work? Also a few minor questions, there have been rumors flying around and I wish for your to address them as well, first of all, and this is the most obvious, does luck increase whilst you weild an aengus blessed weapon? ((probable no)) Also when blessing a fishing hat ((luck +2)) does the luck increase like the damage on a Bomy helm? ((this is where i lost bjourn)) Also clovers, according to bjorn they work randomly? So at a point you have luck then the use is gone? Other say it is by .01 luck per clover while others .001. So which is it? Allright well sorry for such a long post and thank you. ((i hope its readable))

Googi
10-07-2005, 03:53 AM
Luck helps with a lot of things. It helps with blessing, monster drops, alchemy, learning spells/prayers/skills. Pretty much anything where probability is involved.

Only equipment with luck+ or following Aengus can increase your luck. Aengus blessed weapons don't increase it and I'm almost certain that having clovers doesn't change a thing.

AndreyGunblade
10-07-2005, 03:58 AM
"If say, i come and i kill a monster, does it's chance for a map or diamonds increase? (say t-rex) Or does it spawn after i have killed it with the luck? What if someone comes and kills it? Do they get the luck or is it taken away? Or does it only work in maps? You go into a map, and the game reads your stats and then works?" How about that part?

Damix2
10-07-2005, 04:04 AM
Clovers add .001 luck if in your inventory or if you use them, they add .05 each for a short period of time.

If you get a short skull sword of aengus (NOT BLESSED THE ONE THAT SKELES DROP) that will add to your luck.

AndreyGunblade
10-07-2005, 04:06 AM
Why not just use a love axe? Also the short skull sword...kinda sucks. Or rather why not get a flaming sword of zormola i believe adds luck?

Splke
10-07-2005, 09:11 AM
He was making an example...

SyLaTAC
10-07-2005, 04:52 PM
hey hey hey i love my short skull sword of aengus =(

Craigus
10-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Luck DOES help, when the luck amy came out it had +25 and i could bless a weapon to +4 in less then 1 min.

AndreyGunblade
10-08-2005, 01:23 AM
He was making an example...

Yes I was just trying to support it, and yes I know luck helps blessing ((was it not 15%?)) but how about items? It seems a little complicated on how.Just read this part again "If say, i come and i kill a monster, does it's chance for a map or diamonds increase? (say t-rex) Or does it spawn after i have killed it with the luck? What if someone comes and kills it? Do they get the luck or is it taken away? Or does it only work in maps? You go into a map, and the game reads your stats and then works?" Also if a staff member reads this, can you please answer all the questions in original post, such as the fishing hat thing.

upsilon
01-21-2006, 02:39 AM
I heard from someone (so take this with a few buckets of salt) that in drops, luck increases the likelyhood and value of gem drops, but decreases map drops. I recently got a DoF, payed for it in brutals, that i accrued the 2 days prior to getting it, and have yet to see so many brutals again. otoh, as i was told, i did notice a slight increase in value and likelyhood of gem drops, but i dunno. The gem drop increase may be a figment of my imagination (its that small) and the ridiculous amount of brutals may have just been rl luck.

CidNight1142
01-21-2006, 08:21 AM
I've heard that the luck mostly affects the amount of whats dropped. For example, instead of 2 dias dropping, 4 might. Or 12 emeralds instead of 7.

cwc money
01-21-2006, 09:11 PM
There is one more thing you all have not listed about luck. Luck doesn't only do all that, but it also has a facter or experiance. or, so i've heard from some. Luck, may or may not give alot more exp, but it still is a factor in it. more the luck, more the chances of alot more exp.

nullify
01-23-2006, 12:56 PM
I've heard that the luck mostly affects the amount of whats dropped. For example, instead of 2 dias dropping, 4 might. Or 12 emeralds instead of 7.
I've done some tests on this, (carrying 500 clovers and wearing my luck set) and it seems to have a little impact, but not much. And I was overdoing it. Monster drops are random from my experiences.

Cubes
01-27-2006, 08:58 PM
I've done some tests on this, (carrying 500 clovers and wearing my luck set) and it seems to have a little impact, but not much. And I was overdoing it. Monster drops are random from my experiences.
.... Who the hell has 500 clovers lmao..... But I think Debaligo said that it drops more gems than maps....

Damix2
01-27-2006, 09:38 PM
With a luck+99 ring, I didn't get many more drops then usual =/

Chris
01-27-2006, 09:48 PM
With a luck+99 ring, I didn't get many more drops then usual =/
wtf luck + 99?

Rick
01-27-2006, 09:49 PM
wtf luck + 99?Kingdoms debug ftw. :)

Chris
01-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Kingdoms debug ftw. :)
Ahh. Totally forgot Damix has debug access.

upsilon
02-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Googi said it helps with allot of things, well lets pin as many of them down as possible. It seems safe to say it does little or nothing for monster drops. But it helps with blessing (speed), learning spells/skills, alchemy (i would guess the amount product you end up with when it can vary). And from alchemy id guess it also helps with the yield of crops. What about mining? Does it affect mining at all? Critical hits (for example, inflicting death with a bile weapon)? Missile accuracy?

Spiker
05-08-2006, 01:46 PM
but does it only work if you have it equiped?