PDA

View Full Version : Zone's downfalls

Huwajux
10-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Stefan I have had enough, so have a lot of other people. There is too much wrong with Zone. I cannot stress strongly enough with words how bad things are on Zone.

First of all, Iricia. The bikes are there to supply transport not an extra 80Hp tank. Shooting on them is ridiculous, worst idea in Zone to date. Sure, electron and tazebombs short-circuit them yet, how many people carry them? People may say "I don't really care, you can destroy bikes quite easily" and I would agree with them. Yet, when several bikes and other people arrive it makes the task near impossible. Did I say "near impossible", I meant "impossible".

On to the handgun. Not that many people use it these days, yet if people do, they either think they are good or it is an Ap ripper (It's true). 27 or 28 shots until it reloads, each bullet is "Still" strong as hell, wide spread which is extremely hard to evade, bullet speed is huge! These are...what you would call an "Unsatisfactory" recipe for a balanced weapon. What makes things worse with the handgun, is if people bike "Lame" with it. When people use bikes as an extra Hp add on there is a small area which you can hurt them yet they cannot hurt you. The handgun destroys this available gap, preventing you from fighting it without dying.

Now for Tazebombs. These horrible things are so glitched it makes the handgun look like the ideal tool. When someone throws a tazebomb towards me, if the blue electricity manages to hit me, I gain no damage. Yet if it is thrown at me, and misses. I seem to get hurt even though I make no contact with it. When it "Does" hit, it is extremely hard to move just from 1 of them. Yet, when people pile them on you so it's like their S/D key is stuck down, it makes it impossible to move. Thus causing...death.

There are some more things people complain about yet I won't go on, seeing as those with short attention span must be bleeding by the eyeballs right now.

Wind_Master
10-04-2005, 09:53 PM
I agree with everything you said their.

Handgun is overpowered. (the thing did 60 to me in 1 hit)
Bike lameing is cheap. (a gang on bikes.....enough said)
Taze bombs are so damn big. (1 of them does 60 and their huge)

VulcanP2P
10-04-2005, 10:48 PM
I agree with the bike laming part. The Armor should be removed from it. Either that or no shooting from it. As for the handgun I also agree it should be changed a bit. For the Tazebombs I don't normally see people using and I've never had any problems.

bahamutstevetff
10-05-2005, 06:09 AM
Stefan I have had enough, so have a lot of other people. There is too much wrong with Zone. I cannot stress strongly enough with words how bad things are on Zone.

First of all, Iricia. The bikes are there to supply transport not an extra 80Hp tank. Shooting on them is ridiculous, worst idea in Zone to date. Sure, electron and tazebombs short-circuit them yet, how many people carry them? People may say "I don't really care, you can destroy bikes quite easily" and I would agree with them. Yet, when several bikes and other people arrive it makes the task near impossible. Did I say "near impossible", I meant "impossible".

On to the handgun. Not that many people use it these days, yet if people do, they either think they are good or it is an Ap ripper (It's true). 27 or 28 shots until it reloads, each bullet is "Still" strong as hell, wide spread which is extremely hard to evade, bullet speed is huge! These are...what you would call an "Unsatisfactory" recipe for a balanced weapon. What makes things worse with the handgun, is if people bike "Lame" with it. When people use bikes as an extra Hp add on there is a small area which you can hurt them yet they cannot hurt you. The handgun destroys this available gap, preventing you from fighting it without dying.

Now for Tazebombs. These horrible things are so glitched it makes the handgun look like the ideal tool. When someone throws a tazebomb towards me, if the blue electricity manages to hit me, I gain no damage. Yet if it is thrown at me, and misses. I seem to get hurt even though I make no contact with it. When it "Does" hit, it is extremely hard to move just from 1 of them. Yet, when people pile them on you so it's like their S/D key is stuck down, it makes it impossible to move. Thus causing...death.

There are some more things people complain about yet I won't go on, seeing as those with short attention span must be bleeding by the eyeballs right now.

u just spoke whats on everybodys mind, well done, couldnt have put it better myself.

Raeiphon
10-05-2005, 10:43 AM
I agree completely. I did a little test run with handgun on iricia:

I died twice. I racked up 304 bounty on the first time, 156 on the second. I simply sat down on a bike, and spammed the shots at anyone who got close.

Roughly 2 shots kill a person. At close range, you cant dodge the shots no matter what. The shots move 2 times faster than a commando dash, and they sometimes pass through unpassable objects (immobile barrels, green ones).

Tazebombs are a giant bug weapon. You get one thrown at you, it doesnt do any damage until you're at least 2 squares from it.

Huwajux
10-05-2005, 05:34 PM
I agree with the bike laming part. The Armor should be removed from it. Either that or no shooting from it. As for the handgun I also agree it should be changed a bit. For the Tazebombs I don't normally see people using and I've never had any problems.
Yay I have Vulcan on my side.
Anyway, if you haven't encountrered Tazebombs, I suggest you buy a few for yourself and see how easily your kills can rack up. Also take note of how they leave your character immobile when hit by them.

bahamutstevetff
10-05-2005, 08:08 PM
tazebombs are the worst things 2 be fighting :(

Crono
10-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Bikes are awfully easy to kill.

Wind_Master
10-05-2005, 11:05 PM
I agree completely. I did a little test run with handgun on iricia:

I died twice. I racked up 304 bounty on the first time, 156 on the second. I simply sat down on a bike, and spammed the shots at anyone who got close.

Roughly 2 shots kill a person. At close range, you cant dodge the shots no matter what. The shots move 2 times faster than a commando dash, and they sometimes pass through unpassable objects (immobile barrels, green ones).

Tazebombs are a giant bug weapon. You get one thrown at you, it doesnt do any damage until you're at least 2 squares from it.

Goodpoint. Although 304 bounty isnt alot im sure if you really tried you could get up 2 about 800.

Raeiphon
10-06-2005, 07:11 AM
True. If i'd actually gotten out of the bike and used the appierce sparring technique, i could of racked up loads.

Pipebombs are just scary. One of them kills you, or takes half your HP off. I've lost over 600 bounty to pipebombs =/ And I did the same test with tazebombs:

I died 7 times. I racked up a overall total of 456 bounty. I used, 67 taze bombs.

I tested this first on iricia, then on zone wars.

Admins
10-06-2005, 02:42 PM
Ok disabled bike gun mode for Iricia.
For the handgun I reduced one ammoclip from 18 to 15 bullets, damage from 11 to 10 hp, and speed from 1.5 to 1.4 (tiles per 0.05 seconds).
For the tazebomb I don't know exactly how to limit it. It's not hurting a lot (6 hp max) but is freezing people for 0.2 seconds. It was mainly meant for disabling bikes (freezing bikes for 2.5 seconds), if you see someone with tazebombs then you should keep some distance I guess. Normally throwing the tazebomb also freezes you for 0.75 seconds.

Raeiphon
10-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Handgun:

Appriecate the effort but, reducing by one damage still doesnt do much. And i tried it again, you still cant dodge them.

And with tazebomb, reduce it to 0.1 and make it a energy explosion, not a crossbeam. I can be standing 3 tiles away from a tazebomb and be hit by it, where it's thrown directly at me and it doesnt do anything.

bahamutstevetff
10-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Handgun:

Appriecate the effort but, reducing by one damage still doesnt do much. And i tried it again, you still cant dodge them.

And with tazebomb, reduce it to 0.1 and make it a energy explosion, not a crossbeam. I can be standing 3 tiles away from a tazebomb and be hit by it, where it's thrown directly at me and it doesnt do anything.

thanx stefan

Bl0nkt
10-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Ok disabled bike gun mode for Iricia.
For the handgun I reduced one ammoclip from 18 to 15 bullets, damage from 11 to 10 hp, and speed from 1.5 to 1.4 (tiles per 0.05 seconds).
For the tazebomb I don't know exactly how to limit it. It's not hurting a lot (6 hp max) but is freezing people for 0.2 seconds. It was mainly meant for disabling bikes (freezing bikes for 2.5 seconds), if you see someone with tazebombs then you should keep some distance I guess. Normally throwing the tazebomb also freezes you for 0.75 seconds.
I hope you didn't completely get rid of the script to shoot on bikes, but just disable it. It'd be much more of a benefit if you just got rid of bike hp in general, not to mention it won't be killing anything important in the process (dragging people with bikes).

Admins
10-06-2005, 10:03 PM
I hope you didn't completely get rid of the script to shoot on bikes, but just disable it. It'd be much more of a benefit if you just got rid of bike hp in general, not to mention it won't be killing anything important in the process (dragging people with bikes).
Just disabled it for Iricia. It should be changed so that the bike has no hp, and shooting from bike be enabled again?

Bl0nkt
10-06-2005, 10:11 PM
Just disabled it for Iricia. It should be changed so that the bike has no hp, and shooting from bike be enabled again?
Exactly, make the damage taken when on a bike straight to the player hp. If you remember, it's the added armor of the bike that got people so mad.

anubis_wing
10-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Errrrrrhm no stefan bad idea because people will hide behind mines or other ppl and bike lame maybe 40hp and you can't shoot on it.

P.S Stefan can you take a look at saiyan's sword idea on the other forum.

Bl0nkt
10-07-2005, 01:01 AM
Errrrrrhm no stefan bad idea because people will hide behind mines or other ppl and bike lame maybe 40hp and you can't shoot on it.

What the hell are you talking about?
Bikes will have no hp. Now that they don't have an 80hp advantage, all they are is a person stuck in one spot with a gun unless they have someone hauling them around.

Wind_Master
10-07-2005, 03:09 AM
What the hell are you talking about?
Bikes will have no hp. Now that they don't have an 80hp advantage, all they are is a person stuck in one spot with a gun unless they have someone hauling them around.

Ya,this will be better.

Huwajux
10-07-2005, 06:01 PM

:confused:

Huwajux
10-15-2005, 12:11 PM
I'm here to revive this thread, for Sayian's purpose. Also I am emphasising the stress these things cause.
Personally, the weapons should be like this:
Handgun-9hp damage
Bullet speed 12 tiles/sec
Ammo clip 11

Tazebombs-Same damage
Freeze 0.1 (On the opponent)
4 tiles smaller in electricity space (I don't know how to explain it :p)

anubis_wing
10-15-2005, 02:19 PM
I also think trials need to be able to wear tags, and have there 100hp back.

bahamutstevetff
10-16-2005, 11:01 PM
i agree tottally with anubis, zone guilds suffer so bad without trials, taking stuff from trials ruin the game for the people who payed for their plesure. *better* ;)

Huwajux
10-17-2005, 06:22 PM
fo that paya playas
:confused:

bahamutstevetff
10-19-2005, 05:27 AM
i heard trials are gettin their tags back with guild wars