PDA

View Full Version : overlord

bahamutstevetff
09-28-2005, 10:38 PM
i was thinking, like, there could be a player, lets say me for starts, who is the overlord of zone, and sum1 challenges him for the throne, if ur overlord i get ur statue in DM untill its taken, i think it would be fun, u must defend ur title from every challenge, if u back out, the other player wins by default, make some staff ppl 2 veiw the spars, and if u get like 10 sucsessful defends, u get a memorial of some sort on the stats, we would need 2 vote who starts as overlord. i think it would be fun, oh and, if u challenge sum1, and lose, u cant challenge em for 2 weeks, same if u get ur title stole,

i hope that made sence,
yours truly

Huwajux
09-29-2005, 04:46 PM
No.

bahamutstevetff
09-29-2005, 05:23 PM
damn why not

anubis_wing
09-29-2005, 05:34 PM
If anything we would make Dark Soul one.

Huwajux
09-29-2005, 06:01 PM
damn why not
Because it wouldn't work. It could go either way. People might not give a @&*% about it, or the poor overlord would always be swarmed with challengers. Meaning for the overlord to quit his title just to PLAY THE GAME NORMALLY.

bahamutstevetff
09-29-2005, 08:35 PM
oh well i just thought it would be a challenge for some1 2 try hold a title, i wuld like 2 c some sortve championship on zone tho

Wind_Master
09-29-2005, 09:36 PM
If anything we would make Dark Soul one.

Why? Hes not the best.

Dreth
09-30-2005, 01:49 AM
Why? Hes not the best.
Who would you suggest putting on as overlord if it was made?

Wind_Master
09-30-2005, 02:23 AM
Who would you suggest putting on as overlord if it was made?

Considering me ixi and darksoul are all even. id put storm as overlord.

Bl0nkt
09-30-2005, 03:09 AM
I like the idea of an overlord. I'm sure, though, we don't need a staff member to view spars and make the changes. It could be easily scripted that if the overlord loses the statue changes.

Damix2
09-30-2005, 03:21 AM
I'd say hold a tournement to choose the first Overlord when the arena comes out.

Wind_Master
09-30-2005, 03:24 AM
I'd say hold a tournement to choose the first Overlord when the arena comes out.

I agree. Good idea.

P.S Vulcan or Stefan can i help run the tournaments (just asking please dont yell at me)

bahamutstevetff
09-30-2005, 06:28 AM
I agree. Good idea.

P.S Vulcan or Stefan can i help run the tournaments (just asking please dont yell at me)

i think i wouldve made good staff jin, if u had better player relations

Huwajux
09-30-2005, 03:08 PM
Jesus (Am I allowed to say that?).
Hosting such things requires a lot more talent that being skilled and not getting angry when someone calls you a noob. x_x

bahamutstevetff
09-30-2005, 04:37 PM
bah

Bl0nkt
09-30-2005, 09:13 PM
bah
http://www.hedweb.com/sheep.jpg

Wind_Master
09-30-2005, 10:09 PM

Not to be ****y but id be way better than you with this. Tournaments is my specialty. I ran Team Mash tournaments perfectly.

Huwajux
09-30-2005, 11:18 PM
Not to be ****y but id be way better than you with this. Tournaments is my specialty. I ran Team Mash tournaments perfectly.
Running "Guild Tournaments" is nothing like running "Real Tournaments". Why are you even argueing? None of you will be chosen. (For sure)

Akoalin
10-01-2005, 12:32 AM
This is a horrible idea... :\

and Jin, no offense... you need to learn better grammar before you become staff... "KAY PPLZ LEZ HAV A EVNT! zzzzzzzz :asleep: "

Wind_Master
10-01-2005, 02:20 AM
Darksoul and you think you will? I have just as good of a chance as you do.

And ako my grammer has improved. Where the hell have you been?

anubis_wing
10-01-2005, 03:11 AM

Ah don't worry ako's discription of any one's grammer is crappy. He think's his is the only one who is "reputable"

bahamutstevetff
10-01-2005, 06:27 AM
This is a horrible idea... :\

and Jin, no offense... you need to learn better grammar before you become staff... "KAY PPLZ LEZ HAV A EVNT! zzzzzzzz :asleep: "

dont just say its a horrible idea, give reasons man

Huwajux
10-01-2005, 10:54 AM

I didn't imply anything about me becoming an ET. I haven't even asked or mentioned anything about me becoming one. Not to start a flame war, yet I think I do have a better chance.

Wind_Master
10-01-2005, 04:03 PM
I didn't imply anything about me becoming an ET. I haven't even asked or mentioned anything about me becoming one. Not to start a flame war, yet I think I do have a better chance.

No. You really dont. You dont do anything great for zone enviorment. All you do is think you're this great player of zone. You said " Our telent and sexyness is evenly matched" to ixi. And when you're on the fourms you're a [email protected]$$

Huwajux
10-01-2005, 05:35 PM
No. You really dont. You dont do anything great for zone enviorment. All you do is think you're this great player of zone. You said " Our telent and sexyness is evenly matched" to ixi. And when you're on the fourms you're a [email protected]$$
I do a lot more than you. I help out people when they have no clue what so ever to do. Much more than you. You take the game too seriously, me and Ixi were having a fun match mucking around sparring. Ixi was questioning if me and him had equal skill. I said "Our talent and sexyness is too much for each other" as a joke. Now sit down, shut up, and don't flame.

Wind_Master
10-01-2005, 06:38 PM
I do a lot more than you. I help out people when they have no clue what so ever to do. Much more than you. You take the game too seriously, me and Ixi were having a fun match mucking around sparring. Ixi was questioning if me and him had equal skill. I said "Our talent and sexyness is too much for each other" as a joke. Now sit down, shut up, and don't flame.

lol. Like id listen to you? You think you're all big and bad on zone. All I said was "Ixi i beat you 3/4" and you were like ya right ixi would beat you. He never will be better than me. Im not gunna shut up. Not to you I do not respect people who suck at a game and think their all good.

bahamutstevetff
10-01-2005, 09:18 PM
lol. Like id listen to you? You think you're all big and bad on zone. All I said was "Ixi i beat you 3/4" and you were like ya right ixi would beat you. He never will be better than me. Im not gunna shut up. Not to you I do not respect people who suck at a game and think their all good.

im already better than you, so is dark soul, wake up and shut up, deflate ur fking big head and come in2 reality, u never beat me 3/4 times, its just a big loead of BS like ur "skill thats lost in time"

TheSmu
10-01-2005, 09:40 PM

You just don't get it, do you? You're not capable, and by the way, wouldn't they announce something if they need Events Team members?

Hahaha, seriously, shut the **** up. You just described yourself, idiot.

and Jin, no offense... you need to learn better grammar before you become staff... "KAY PPLZ LEZ HAV A EVNT! zzzzzzzz

Hey hardass, you're complaining even though you don't know what grammar is?

From bull**** to **** isn't a huge improvementstep, you know?

im already better than you, so is dark soul, wake up and shut up, deflate ur fking big head and come in2 reality, u never beat me 3/4 times, its just a big loead of BS like ur "skill thats lost in time"

Who the **** gives a ****? Do you have to flame every single thread with that "I'm better than you" crap? It's just a game.

All of you, stop complaining about who's better, don't evade thinking and for ****s sake, quit using your feet as a typing tool, it's annoying. Amen.

someonesomewhere
10-01-2005, 10:01 PM
Smu came down hard on you guys. Good.
Jin-Running a guild is definately easier than being a staff member. I wouldn't know, but ask someone who has been staff. They would. And by the way, Huwajux WOULD have abetter chance than you, he doesn't act like he owns the forums and doesn't make stupid suggestions (IE the "warp" thread).
Ixi-WHO CARES IF YOU'RE BETTER THAN JIN? I sure don't and I imagine that a lot of people don't either. You're turning into a Jin clone.
Huwajux-No offense, but having a better chance at being staff than Jin isn't that hard. No one here has that much of a chance (No one meaning the hardcore Zone players).
Ako-Jin's grammar has actually improved. His spelling isn't as good as it could be, but it has gotten drastically better. Lighten up :whatever:
Bl0nkt-Nice sheep.

Crono
10-01-2005, 10:35 PM
I ****ing love it when people say "grammer" instead of grammar then talk about how much someone's English sucks/rules/doesn't suck.

Akoalin
10-02-2005, 02:19 AM

Point proven.
In my opinion, ETs should have perfect/near perfect grammar, I'm not saying you haven't improved... you've improved alot. :) You're just not ET material...

Ah don't worry ako's discription of any one's grammer is crappy. He think's his is the only one who is "reputable"
Butt
out.

dont just say its a horrible idea, give reasons man
I was in a hurry to post... erm. I think an overlord is a good reason for everyone to go after one person and destroy the point of that particular planet.

Wind_Master
10-02-2005, 05:05 AM
Smu came down hard on you guys. Good.
Jin-Running a guild is definately easier than being a staff member. I wouldn't know, but ask someone who has been staff. They would. And by the way, Huwajux WOULD have abetter chance than you, he doesn't act like he owns the forums and doesn't make stupid suggestions (IE the "warp" thread).
Ixi-WHO CARES IF YOU'RE BETTER THAN JIN? I sure don't and I imagine that a lot of people don't either. You're turning into a Jin clone.
Huwajux-No offense, but having a better chance at being staff than Jin isn't that hard. No one here has that much of a chance (No one meaning the hardcore Zone players).
Ako-Jin's grammar has actually improved. His spelling isn't as good as it could be, but it has gotten drastically better. Lighten up :whatever:
Bl0nkt-Nice sheep.

The whole thing is. ixi is better. He stopped twice during our spars. That's the thing thats getting me mad.

bahamutstevetff
10-02-2005, 06:27 AM
The whole thing is. ixi is better. He stopped twice during our spars. That's the thing thats getting me mad.

jin nobody cares, save it for zone

Bl0nkt
10-02-2005, 07:04 AM
I ****ing love it when people say "grammer" instead of grammar then talk about how much someone's English sucks/rules/doesn't suck.
Even the Swede's have better grammar than some of us. :frown:

On another note: hier me id b gud staf @ zoen

bahamutstevetff
10-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Even the Swede's have better grammar than some of us. :frown:

On another note: hier me id b gud staf @ zoen

rolf, its funny when poeple diss grammar

Huwajux
10-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Hush.
Overlord wouldn't work, I wish it did, but sadly...it won't. :frown:

bahamutstevetff
10-02-2005, 12:36 PM
well there would only be 2 overlords anyway

Tyhm
10-02-2005, 01:38 PM
"OVERLORD! OVERLORD! OVERLORD!" (+/-20 respect for correctly identifying the quote)
For such a thing, yeah, you gotta leave it up for grabs at first. Further, you gotta keep careful timeouts for when someone's offline for a week at a time. I'd personally recommend a 10% Overlord Ranking - at any given time, 10% of the population will have a title worth defending (of 30 people, 3). When they clash, it is confirmed which of them is truly worthy and which is only a pretender to the throne. While it would be a rare sight to see the Ultimate Overlord, defeating him proves to all your greatness - until then, who knows?

So what would the Overlord title truly be? Just spar rankings. Maybe you do something special for the best, maybe for the best people on at any given time. I personally prefer the thought that the best 10% on at a time are visible as "HEY I RULE!", little star over their head - and if there's no star over your head, you should start sparring your way to the top.
Perhaps you could have a complicated little algorythym for determining how far above your station you can challenge and how far below your station you can deny - maybe you can challenge 20 ranks above you and raise 10 ranks by so doing (not the full 20 - it may have been a fluke). But if he chooses not to be bothered with you, he doesn't lose a full rank for refusing an insignificant challenger, maybe he can pass on 3 before he loses a rank, to keep him active if he hopes to keep his spar ranking.
Further, it should be a score like they were hardcoded, a rating of your frequency and average score or something, so it's possible to overcome the old master who quit 3 years ago on points alone. If the old master comes back, he can challenge you to an epic duel.

So how would the numbers look? Under my plan the Overlord is the highest ranked person on at the moment, obviously - and if he wants to keep it, then as soon as someone better logs on he'd better challenge for the right to truly be called Overlord. Your spar rating is a scale from negative infinity to infinity, and you can only challenge people within a few degrees of your own rating - for now let's say 20, later let's say 10% or something. You gain or lose points equal to 1/4 the difference between yourself and your challenger, more gained if you were the underdog, more lost if you were the favorite. Maybe a factor of 2? So:
A is rated 21 (good)
B is rated 1 (bad)
Difference is 20.
If A wins, he only gains 5 points - it was hardly a challenge at all.
If A loses though, he loses 10.
No, wait, that's a bad plan - the greater the gap, the more A has to win. It should be 11-(difference/2) or something. That way
If A wins, he only gains 1 points (11-(10)) - he didn't break a sweat
If A loses though, he loses 10 (difference/2)
If B wins, he gains a whopping 10 points (difference/2)
If B loses, well, that was to be expected. He loses 1 points (11-(10)) and drops to 0.
Let's say B wins (11) and challenges C (29), a difference of 18.
B wins, he gains 9 and raises to 20
B loses, he loses 2 (11-9) and drops to 9
C wins, he gains 2 and raises to 31
C loses, he loses 9 and logs off in shame.

All this complicated explanation boils down to this.champion=player1.rating;
this.challenger=player2.rating;
this.diff=(this.champion-this.challenger)/2;
if(player1.wins){
player1.rating+=(11-this.diff);
player2.rating-=(11-this.diff);
}else{
player1.rating-=this.diff;
player2.rating+=this.diff;
}
which leaves the trick of figuring out player1, player2, giving them rating strings, a way of viewing them, and figuring out who won - but maybe the system already recognizes kills, and the relative honor.

All told, do you really still want to go around calling yourself Overlord that badly? Or did you just want a simple Black Graal/Green Gralat system?

I don't expect a lot of my early reasoning translated well, and I'll probably either be angrily misinterpreted or, perferably, asked to explain it at greater length. But not in this post, I think I've taken up quite enough page.

Huwajux
10-02-2005, 02:44 PM
(Tyhm) Smart stuff, I guess. Sort of long to read.

Bl0nkt
10-02-2005, 05:34 PM
Eww, GS1. :[
I really need to learn GS2 too.

Wind_Master
10-02-2005, 05:34 PM
(Tyhm) Smart stuff, I guess. Sort of long to read.

Yes it is. And Darksoul and ixi I want to offer a peace treaty.

Damix2
10-02-2005, 07:14 PM
Do you guys have problems with attention, its not that long.

Wind_Master
10-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Do you guys have problems with attention, its not that long.

No I meant it's preety smart stuff like darksoul said.

But ya I do sometimes have a short attention span.

bahamutstevetff
10-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Yes it is. And Darksoul and ixi I want to offer a peace treaty.

glad 2 hear it, i would rather have friends than enemys, so treaty accepted :P

Tyhm
10-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Weird, did I just bore everyone into complacency? :-P

Wind_Master
10-02-2005, 09:28 PM
glad 2 hear it, i would rather have friends than enemys, so treaty accepted :P

Cool.

P.S If I get mad on fourms please forgive me today. The patriots are losing and its pissing me off.

bahamutstevetff
10-02-2005, 10:14 PM
lol alright

someonesomewhere
10-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Don't know if you know this Jin, but:
San Diego-41
New England-17

Wind_Master
10-02-2005, 11:20 PM
Don't know if you know this Jin, but:
San Diego-41
New England-17

Yes I know. Please dont remind me. :frown:

bahamutstevetff
10-03-2005, 06:26 AM
is that ameriacan football scores???

Tyhm
10-03-2005, 07:38 AM
Yeah, but it helps to remember it's like 7 or 8 points per goal, depending.

bahamutstevetff
10-03-2005, 04:33 PM
normal football is better than ameriacan football

anubis_wing
10-03-2005, 05:38 PM
what does football have to do with zone?

bahamutstevetff
10-03-2005, 08:03 PM
i got no idea

Wind_Master
10-03-2005, 09:36 PM

Normal football??? Is that soccer

Foot Fairies suck....

anubis_wing
10-04-2005, 01:05 AM
Foot Fairies suck....
Wtf are Foot Fairies? Oh lemme guess there lil' Pixies that run around at night granting players extra stamina for the next game.

Wind_Master
10-04-2005, 03:19 AM
Wtf are Foot Fairies? Oh lemme guess there lil' Pixies that run around at night granting players extra stamina for the next game.

Rofl. No their people who play soccer....

bahamutstevetff
10-04-2005, 06:49 AM
hey, soccer is great, we have no american footbal here, we got o need for it, rugby id 10x better

VulcanP2P
10-04-2005, 06:52 AM
Stay on topic....>_>

Every thread doesn't need to turn in to something else.

Huwajux
10-04-2005, 06:28 PM
No, they are little pixies Jin pictures as a figment of his imagination.
Only joking jin!

Wind_Master
10-04-2005, 09:45 PM
No, they are little pixies Jin pictures as a figment of his imagination.
Only joking jin!

We are now entering the Twlight zone.....