PDA

View Full Version : we need a new staff member.

SayianOozaru
09-17-2005, 11:46 PM
Ok, Vulcan :( there was someone hacking earlier(MisterT0303) and i pm'd u it...but i guess u didn't check your pm's :\ so he got away with hacking...he finally turned it off when we started calling him a noob, and i said i had pm'd u, and i also told him since he was p2p his acc would be bant. But we either need a new staff member, or Vulcan needs to always have his player list opened(so he can check his pm's) :frown:

anubis_wing
09-18-2005, 12:18 AM
Well maybe I could be a staff because I'm always on so I could always be there to talk to?

Matt
09-18-2005, 01:53 AM
Also you don't need your rc playerlist opened to see that you have an awaiting pm.

Setup a support ticket directed to Zone (http://support.cyberjoueurs.com/support/index.php?d=16&Next=Next&pf=t). This might help your problem.

VulcanP2P
09-18-2005, 02:05 AM
I can't ban hackers. Nothing I can do. I saw the PM but when I went I player I didn't see him hacking.

Wind_Master
09-18-2005, 02:41 AM
Well maybe I could be a staff because I'm always on so I could always be there to talk to?

You PLAY the game alot so you wont have time to check pms. I say Vulcan is doing a fine job.

Vulcan should keep his job. Or if you dissagree with me maybe Bl0nkt could be one. I dont wanna reccomend me because yes I have changed but I still get mad alot. I dont really play alot but i do go on and chill alot. But I dont know I say Vulcan should stay.

anubis_wing
09-18-2005, 02:44 AM
Well I was just thinking since I play alot I could be like a Hacker Admin: ?I see hackers I get rid of them

Lord Sephiroth
09-18-2005, 02:55 AM
I think Vulcan does a good job. He kicks the **** out of Gambet.

Wind_Master
09-18-2005, 02:59 AM
Some choices for staff

Jin: Good because I will not abuse powers and I improved with my grammer fairly fast so I could be a good staff member.

Bad because I have a bad attitude.

Anubis: Good because he is a very interactive player and plays alot.

Bad because he will problly abuse powers and Will ban players who kill him.

Lord Sephiroth
09-18-2005, 03:05 AM
Some choices for staff

Jin: Good because I will not abuse powers and I improved with my grammer fairly fast so I could be a good staff member.

Bad because I have a bad attitude.

Anubis: Good because he is a very interactive player and plays alot.

Bad because he will problly abuse powers and Will ban players who kill him.

I think the staff members are chosen on Ability rather than player-relations.

Gambet, sadly, could script (badly, but still did it, sigh), and Vulcan probably scripts too.

Player Relations have no need for RC if they're just answering questions and things, so banning people wouldn't be a problem.
Bad attitude is basically nulling the entire job.

jkool666
09-18-2005, 05:30 AM
Ya screw a new staff member... Vulcan is doing fine I agree.

Wind_Master
09-18-2005, 06:03 AM
I think the staff members are chosen on Ability rather than player-relations.

Gambet, sadly, could script (badly, but still did it, sigh), and Vulcan probably scripts too.

Player Relations have no need for RC if they're just answering questions and things, so banning people wouldn't be a problem.
Bad attitude is basically nulling the entire job.

Ya but I dont get made as much but I would be bad cause all I can do is make levels and zone really doesnt need that.

bahamutstevetff
09-18-2005, 07:18 AM
zone could do with an FAQ staff, hint hint

jkool666
09-18-2005, 07:27 AM
Nah vulcan just answeres questions.

bahamutstevetff
09-18-2005, 08:33 AM
he often dousent reply 2 PMs

Splke
09-18-2005, 02:01 PM
"We need a new staff."
"Omg, Jin, i luv u!1 u r so l3let, b staf lzol"
"kay1"

⌐_⌐

juice188
09-18-2005, 02:34 PM
Every1 shut up on this thread, stefan picks the staff we dont, so we dont have a say in it so lets just drop it at vulcan does a fine job.

Huwajux
09-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Vulcan is excellent, what is needed is more than 1 staff member for Zone.

Darlene159
09-18-2005, 03:50 PM
Well maybe I could be a staff because I'm always on so I could always be there to talk to?Staff isn't/shouldn't be picked just because they are on alot...there is so much more to being staff then that.

anubis_wing
09-18-2005, 03:51 PM
Staff isn't/shouldn't be picked just because they are on alot...there is so much more to being staff then that.
Yeah, I know and I'd love to learn. Someone just needs to show me how and what.

Darlene159
09-18-2005, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I know and I'd love to learn. Someone just needs to show me how and what.Alot of it is about attitude, common sense, knowing the Graal rules and inforcing them on ALL players, being able to follow the rules yourself, having a good attitude and patience with players, knowing when the thin line is crossed before breaking the rules, being sure that someone is actually using a trainer or something, not abusing players with or without staff priviledges, and so on.....there is so much more then just learning HOW to be staff, alot of the important stuff comes from the kind of person that you are, and being known for it.

Crono
09-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Alot of it is about attitude, common sense, knowing the Graal rules and inforcing them on ALL players, being able to follow the rules yourself, having a good attitude and patience with players, knowing when the thin line is crossed before breaking the rules, being sure that someone is actually using a trainer or something, not abusing players with or without staff priviledges, and so on.....there is so much more then just learning HOW to be staff, alot of the important stuff comes from the kind of person that you are, and being known for it.

Don't bother here, it's all about who can own with apprices.

Darlene159
09-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Don't bother here, it's all about who can own with apprices.That is kinda my point of my posts ;)

jkool666
09-18-2005, 07:21 PM
Don't bother here, it's all about who can own with apprices.
Lol its so true :)

anubis_wing
09-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Alot of it is about if you can own with a certain weapon. I personally think I have a great attitude (sometimes), and i've never went around making fun of people or anything.

jkool666
09-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Alot of it is about if you can own with a certain weapon. I personally think I have a great attitude (sometimes), and i've never went around making fun of people or anything.
*Cough* Lie's *Cough*

Read the bottom of your post... (I think its called a signature) It says basically don't repect shadox...

bahamutstevetff
09-18-2005, 07:48 PM
ive never known anubis 2 be offensive 2 anyone, ur a jelouse person tho :D

Damix2
09-18-2005, 08:10 PM
Whenever someone says something bad about another person in this forum, its because they are jealous of the others SupER 1337 skillz

:rolleyes:

Darlene159
09-18-2005, 08:29 PM
Alot of it is about if you can own with a certain weapon. I personally think I have a great attitude (sometimes), and i've never went around making fun of people or anything.You kinda made my point right there...most of the Zone players who post here are all about who is better than who, and that has absolutely nothing to do with staff.

anubis_wing
09-18-2005, 09:30 PM
I said not shadox because some people would consider him a legend. Also i'm not jealous of shadox cuz he's a jerk sometimes. Also I didn't say it matters who is better than who I just said sometimes it matters alot.

bahamutstevetff
09-18-2005, 10:55 PM
if an admin ios a skilled player,like me, ppl on zone would proberly have more respect for them, thats my opinion, but they need 2 be nice ppl, every1 seems 2 like me, i would like 2 be an admin, but no1 even considers it. :'(

Wind_Master
09-19-2005, 12:18 AM
Well lance was helping out Vulcan with fixing glitches and seeing all the glitches in affect. Lance and Vulcan should be staff.

jkool666
09-19-2005, 04:03 AM
Well lance was helping out Vulcan with fixing glitches and seeing all the glitches in affect. Lance and Vulcan should be staff.
I showed lance :P lol but ya I vote lance!

Akoalin
09-19-2005, 04:33 AM
Before we introduce new content, we should polish up the old content. Some of the current GFX are mediocre and could use some work. The weapons need balancing... and not based on opinion...

jkool666
09-19-2005, 04:40 AM
Ya you know... I agree with Ako... Appirces are WAY to strong. And not just them... DH18 are to... Handguns, Stormrifle, and some rifles are to fast.

bahamutstevetff
09-19-2005, 05:08 AM
i agree now, when u start varying ur weapons, u c how lame apprices are, i agree handguns, appirces, and storm rifles need delaming

jkool666
09-19-2005, 05:20 AM
And maybe chainguns have less ammo per clip.

bahamutstevetff
09-19-2005, 05:44 AM
yes . and g18s and erbeamers

Smutastic
09-19-2005, 02:31 PM
if an admin ios a skilled player,like me, ppl on zone would proberly have more respect for them

No? It depends on what kind of person you are / how you treat players etc, this has nothing to do with skill.

but they need 2 be nice ppl

You don't have to be nice, you're just not allowed to punish them for no reason.

every1 seems 2 like me

I don't think so. :rolleyes:

i would like 2 be an admin, but no1 even considers it. :'(

...which is a good thing because you obviously don't know anything. Try to become staff on some dev servers first.

anubis_wing
09-19-2005, 05:43 PM
No? It depends on what kind of person you are / how you treat players etc, this has nothing to do with skill.

You don't have to be nice, you're just not allowed to punish them for no reason.

...which is a good thing because you obviously don't know anything. Try to become staff on some dev servers first.
OK yeah BURN! What about me I play alot i know the rules and if not I could learn any. And since I'm on alot and relativley nice to people maybe I could be a hack controller or something else.

Shadox
09-19-2005, 05:49 PM
i could either be events, or GP, cause i have seen plenty of hackers, and know how to deal with them, i know rascist people, disrispectful people, and im also a staff on Reborn. I know lots of people dislike me, but thats fine because if i was either of the two, they would start to respect me, even if they dislike me

anubis_wing
09-19-2005, 05:56 PM
i could either be events, or GP, cause i have seen plenty of hackers, and know how to deal with them, i know rascist people, disrispectful people, and im also a staff on Reborn. I know lots of people dislike me, but thats fine because if i was either of the two, they would start to respect me, even if they dislike me
Staff on reborn don't mean **** all man. All it means is that you are somewhat reputable and you have no experience what so ever with dealing with hackers. Also I would never abuse powers, or ban people for killing me that is not right or fair. So why not me I'd just like to be GP.

jkool666
09-19-2005, 05:56 PM
yes . and g18s and erbeamers
I disagree with g18's and erbeamers... The ONLY thing good about those is their speed... If they did as much hp as a chaingun I would agree... So if you reducing their speed add to their hp per shot.

Huwajux
09-19-2005, 07:25 PM
Staff on reborn don't mean **** all man. All it means is that you are somewhat reputable and you have no experience what so ever with dealing with hackers. Also I would never abuse powers, or ban people for killing me that is not right or fair. So why not me I'd just like to be GP.
Staff are not picked up so easily. Stefan isn't going to read this thread and think "Ah yes! Anubis must be the perfect staff member seeing as he is kind and never flames anyone! HECK NEITHER DOES HUWAJUX NOR JKOOL! LET THEM BE STAFF ASWELL! STAFF POWERS FOR EVERYONE!" Of course that was "slightly" exaggdurated.

Being staff is much more than being on a lot, knowing rules and not abusing powers. Darlene mentioned the qualities one must have to become a staff member. Common sense, have patience with players, if you are busy certainly do not hush people away or ignore them, take the time to appreciate and answer their questions, in depth if necessary. Also develope good relationships with ALL players, so that they feel comfortable with asking you questions.

If someone is glitch abusing or something along those lines, give them a warning first. If people begin to repeatedly report that person after you giving your warning, then report the account to Stefan and he should hopefully bann it.

Moving on to the event hosting matters. You must give a fair amount of time for players to begin the deathmatch. Give around 5 global calls, if the deathmatch planet is bustling after those 5 calls then great! Yet if you think there are not enough people, do a 6th and final global call. What is also necessary is when doing globals remember to speak clearly in full sentences with good punctuation and grammar. During the event if people begin to cheat E.G teaming, then you must again give them a warning, just like with hackers. If they continue then kick them or DQ them from that event. This must apply to ALL PLAYERS! Even if it is your friend, you must treat every player with the same respect.

I hope I have made my point valid to those ignorant or just plain stupid. Staff members aren't chosen out of the blue. If they were Zone would of gone down a long time ago. Thanks for taking the time to read this. ^^

bahamutstevetff
09-19-2005, 07:57 PM

what the hell would u know about my ways on zone, i have lettle if none mortal enemys,almost every1 likes me, i do have skill, i MIGHT becoming LAT on Reborn if i can learn more about it,im getting there,*nudges shad* and no1 sed i would punish ppl fo no reason

Darlene159
09-20-2005, 12:03 AM
I don't know why you guys are arguing about who would make a good staff member anyway...Zone is a gold server, and I am pretty sure that Stefan only hires people with alot of staff experiance that have been around for a long time, and someone he trusts...this is kind of a waste of time considering Stefan has never hinted about wanting to hire anyone, at least not that I know of...

anubis_wing
09-20-2005, 12:33 AM
I don't know why you guys are arguing about who would make a good staff member anyway...Zone is a gold server, and I am pretty sure that Stefan only hires people with alot of staff experiance that have been around for a long time, and someone he trusts...this is kind of a waste of time considering Stefan has never hinted about wanting to hire anyone, at least not that I know of...
Darlene is right we have no right to say that someone "deserves" to be staff stefan has to say if you "deserve" to be staff. So on that note close this thread we have no need for people arguing any more oh and darky I hink would make a great staff member (although he if sorta impatient).

bahamutstevetff
09-20-2005, 06:01 AM
since when was darky impatient??

SayianOozaru
09-20-2005, 07:35 AM
i think Vulcan should get banning rights.

anubis_wing
09-20-2005, 01:49 PM
I don't think he should. He would ban me for pming him when the events are. (Which i do quite frequently)

diagram
09-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Most of the Zone players I've come accross on these forums sound as if they're typing with their face.

"y0sUp im am on alot and i got +1 attitude and i own w/blue rifle and w/appricesx can i b bettr staff then him"
"HEy this guys is haking taek my word 4 it and ban him"

Huwajux
09-20-2005, 06:28 PM
Most of the Zone players I've come accross on these forums sound as if they're typing with their face.

"y0sUp im am on alot and i got +1 attitude and i own w/blue rifle and w/appricesx can i b bettr staff then him"
"HEy this guys is haking taek my word 4 it and ban him"
Don't try it, I have and all I got was "i pwn u wif apps".
Anubis have you noticed that big ol' post I did? I mentioned "Abusing powers". Vulcan wouldn't bann you for asking him when the events are, seeing as he has one of the key factors "Patience". :redface:

jkool666
09-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Agreed... There must be a new hack because now hackers can hack and get away with it... I was told that the old one when you use it you get banned 5 seconds after :S Hackers are such cheaters... And it would help alot if we could report things to Vulcan and he could do somthing about it and not have to wait to report it to stefan.

VulcanP2P
09-20-2005, 10:00 PM
I don't think he should. He would ban me for pming him when the events are. (Which i do quite frequently)

Just because you would do something doesn't mean others would...
:whatever:

SayianOozaru
09-20-2005, 11:46 PM
he'd also need a reason to ban u, so i think he should get banning rights :) (u can ban someone for pm'in u...Anubis xD, he probly just wouldn't answer them...)

anubis_wing
09-21-2005, 12:14 AM
Just because you would do something doesn't mean others would...
:whatever:
Well you said that if I message any more I'll ban you for awhile.

anubis_wing
09-21-2005, 12:35 AM
Sorry for the double post but maybe I could be an admin who makes i so it's certain weps only in dm cuz that WOULD be really cool

Lance
09-21-2005, 03:59 AM
Sorry for the double post but maybe I could be an admin who makes i so it's certain weps only in dm cuz that WOULD be really cool

If Stefan thinks Zone needs more staff, he'll hire someone. He probably won't randomly add joe player who asks, though, especially after they've demonstrated gross immaturity on these forums.

From what I understand, though, Vulcan's doing a pretty good job. Right now, if he sees a trainer user he can get Stefan to ban them, or if it's an emergency there are a few other people (including myself) he could contact to ban them.

jkool666
09-21-2005, 04:09 AM
I agree with lance:-). But lance, why not you be staff... When I was showing you those glitches you seemed to know a lot about what I was talking about.

bahamutstevetff
09-21-2005, 07:40 AM
I agree with lance:-). But lance, why not you be staff... When I was showing you those glitches you seemed to know a lot about what I was talking about.

agreed, from what i saw there, lance would make a pretty fine staff guy, i also think darky would make a good staff member

Lance
09-21-2005, 08:44 AM

Well, for one I don't really have the time to dedicate to such a position on Zone. I'm a full-time student at college and I have a social life, a global staff position here on Graal, and the redevelopment of my own server (Graal2001) to oversee in the rest of my time. For another, I don't think Stefan is interested in hiring any more Zone staff. I'm pretty sure it's fine how it is.

anubis_wing
09-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Well, for one I don't really have the time to dedicate to such a position on Zone. I'm a full-time student at college and I have a social life, a global staff position here on Graal, and the redevelopment of my own server (Graal2001) to oversee in the rest of my time. For another, I don't think Stefan is interested in hiring any more Zone staff. I'm pretty sure it's fine how it is.
Ok I'm just saying I'd think it would be cool if someone could be able (other than Vulcan) to be able to make deathmatch a one weapon thingy just so you don't have people running around with like combat knife and another person with like handgun cuz HANDGUN=LAME!

Huwajux
09-21-2005, 06:44 PM
No. Most stupid statement ever made.

jkool666
09-21-2005, 09:20 PM
No. Most stupid statement ever made.
Agreed.....

anubis_wing
09-22-2005, 01:46 PM
:( that's meaaaaaaan geez all I'm saying is that i'd be nice if SOMEONE could make single weps matches on deathmatch since vulcan isn't ever on to do it.

bahamutstevetff
09-22-2005, 03:25 PM
:( that's meaaaaaaan geez all I'm saying is that i'd be nice if SOMEONE could make single weps matches on deathmatch since vulcan isn't ever on to do it.

1 weapon deathmatches suck unless its an event, if there was lots of them it would be really boaring, and vulcan does them every1 so often, often enough, they would become really annoying if there was any more

anubis_wing
09-22-2005, 05:29 PM
1 weapon deathmatches suck unless its an event, if there was lots of them it would be really boaring, and vulcan does them every1 so often, often enough, they would become really annoying if there was any more
FINE W/E ne ways close this thread before some people start flaming.

bahamutstevetff
09-22-2005, 06:52 PM
take it easy anny, just sayin man

Darlene159
09-22-2005, 07:14 PM
FINE W/E ne ways close this thread before some people start flaming.I say you chill out, and stop getting upset when someone disagrees with you.

Anyway, I agree the thread should be closed...