PDA

View Full Version : There's a place for you on a growing server!

excaliber7388
09-12-2005, 03:39 AM
Dark Rival is still hiring GATs, LATs, and NATs. I am sorry to say that the release of Dark Rival has been pushed back a bit, as we have recently added an RPG system. Here's some pics of what our staff and I have done so far. So, if you're looking to be a part of one of the fastest growing servers out there, apply now by going to http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/id9.html good luck to all of those who apply!

excaliber7388
09-13-2005, 10:20 PM
I've gotten complaints about a few things so far, first being the sheer number of posts I've made, but the biggest one is the fact that I have not told enough about the server, as I was keeping much a secret. So, here it goes:
Dark Rival is a 3 (maybe more?) Part server, with each of the three parts acting in different periods of time and in different areas of the world. They each function like a different server, each with a different feel. The first overworld you are allowed to play on is actually the 2nd part of the series. This is done, because the first part reveals a lot about the hero's beginnings. There are two main enemies throughout the entire series. The one is your 'Dark Rival' the other is his apprentice, and younger brother. His goal is to take over as much of the known world as he can, and enslave the people of each land to not only do his bidding, but live in poverty so he can be a wealthy king. His attitude for the people is terrible, as he finds them not only expendable, but also amusing to expend. He has gotten training from his mentor, who is already famous throughout the land for being a powerful and evil man. He is known simply as the Dark Druid. Here's a small explanation of each overworld, no endings ;) :In first the part you fight many people, and travel across different large islands, each very unique. The hero finds out more about his life, the people in it, and the fate of the world. He starts out as a soldier in an army. The barracks he is in is attacked by Ceverous's (the dark rival) minions. After you help to bring them down, you must travel to the mainland (by boat) because there are reports of similar attacks there. You and your crew begin the journey, but are interrupted by mercenaries and pirates, all whom have pledged their allegiance to Ceverous. Your journey is a tough one, filled with loss, sorrow, and tragedy. As the hero looses many things held dear to him, he still continues, with support from friends he meets along the way, because he knows he must. In the second game, a new hero must rise, and take the place of the hero in the first one, trying to become a hero. He/she is young, and naive, and has not yet experienced much sorrow. He/she remains upbeat, and goes on to do great things through his/her long journey. The final chapter (maybe? XD) has both heroes unite to take down both enemies once and for all. It starts out with the resurrection of Ceverous, who then turns a very large portion of land around them into a wasteland. This time he wants revenge, and is actively hunting both heroes, and killing all in his way. This one is a bit of a shocker, but in the end, the light shines through the darkness...maybe? any more details wanted, questions, etc, post here, pm or email me. You can still apply for GAT NAT LAT, I hope I have convinced more people to take this server more seriously. Thanks!

excaliber7388
09-14-2005, 10:57 PM
I am also creating a turn based-offline calculator version of Dark Rival for Casio graphing calculators. I am also looking for some one who could build a more complex version for TI graphing calculators. If you have any skills in programming TI graphing calculators, you can apply for a job building the calculator version. The staff will be known as Conversion staff, and you would get a tag and RC on the server, so you can accurately replicate the online version, as the TI version will be an offline version of the online servers, while the Casio version is more like a mini game, a sparring competition that you compete in (this may be updated and new versions will be released). I am able to complete the Casio version, and will hopefully have it up for download or copying soon. The TI version however would require more work, and I do not have a TI calculator x_x . The Conversion admin would be working on it alone, and he/she might have some staff support. This is the first (that I know of) version of a graal game offered for calculators, we're making history XD. If you're interested in this possition, or the positions of LAT GAT or NAT, go to http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com.id9.html and apply. BTW conversion staff is abriviated CAT for conversion admin. team.

MysticX2X
09-14-2005, 11:26 PM
yes you do make alot of posts on this forum asking for staff and telling them about ur server goes in the main one, if somone was intrested in your server because you gave the basic storyline a trillion times, they would contact you.

excaliber7388
09-15-2005, 12:18 AM
yes you do make alot of posts on this forum asking for staff and telling them about ur server goes in the main one, if somone was intrested in your server because you gave the basic storyline a trillion times, they would contact you.
post was too big, and this is more of the storyline, plus it was the announcement of the calculator edition. I don't need staff, but it would help move things along. We already have some loyal staff, and things have really sped up recently. I expect to go public soon. We have great staff, and our new co-manager, (mystic is no longer our co-manager),Torankusu is really helping re-shape the way the server looks and plays. I have posted a few times, this is because I want people to know that we are still hiring, and that the sever is improving quickly now, very quikly, as many 'bugs' have been worked out now.

Skyld
09-15-2005, 01:08 AM
I am also creating a turn based-offline calculator version of Dark Rival for Casio graphing calculators. I am also looking for some one who could build a more complex version for TI graphing calculators. If you have any skills in programming TI graphing calculators, you can apply for a job building the calculator version. The staff will be known as Conversion staff, and you would get a tag and RC on the server, so you can accurately replicate the online version, as the TI version will be an offline version of the online servers, while the Casio version is more like a mini game, a sparring competition that you compete in (this may be updated and new versions will be released). I am able to complete the Casio version, and will hopefully have it up for download or copying soon. The TI version however would require more work, and I do not have a TI calculator x_x . The Conversion admin would be working on it alone, and he/she might have some staff support. This is the first (that I know of) version of a graal game offered for calculators, we're making history XD. If you're interested in this possition, or the positions of LAT GAT or NAT, go to http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com.id9.html and apply. BTW conversion staff is abriviated CAT for conversion admin. team.
Don't even. Just. Don't.

excaliber7388
09-15-2005, 02:48 AM
Don't even. Just. Don't.
Why not? I love playing games durring math/science classes XD

haro41
09-15-2005, 07:06 AM
Don't even. Just. Don't.

LOL this thread is just too funny. Its also very sad at the same time.

Personally I think your storyline is more suited to an offline game? I wasnt sure if you were aware of the fact that graal is an online game. But it is. And I would LOVE to be your TI converter guy for da graal calc game.

THIS ONES FOR YOU EXCALIBER7338
>http://www.bubblegumbrigade.com/gallery/albums/album10/YoureAwsome.gif<

excaliber7388
09-15-2005, 10:03 PM
Personally I think your storyline is more suited to an offline game?
the story line is very rich, but won't interfere with gameplay. It will feel very cool, and will be great online. The first one is gonna have many sea-realated things, and people will be able for form partys, go across the sea, etc. would be fun offline, but funner ;) online

Torankusu_2002
09-15-2005, 11:15 PM
Sorry, but do you have any idea how much memory is available on TI Calculators? I've programmd with them, mostly formula-assisting programs, nothing game-based, but I have played 1 zelda-style game, and it was so big that it could only have 10 levels.

So unless you plan on this Playerworld/whatever being like, 10 levels big on a calculator, it won't happen.

excaliber7388
09-16-2005, 03:39 AM
The casio version will soon be done, and I guess the TI version will have to be a bit smaller x_x i had no idea they required so much memory. Still going along with it though, I like the idea of playing DR at school XD

excaliber7388
09-17-2005, 02:51 AM
I would like a few people to test the casio version before I release it. Still hiring TI conversion staff, GATs LATs and NATs. e-mail me at [email protected] if you would like to help test, of help as staff. Thanks!

konidias
09-18-2005, 01:40 AM
I've done some game programming on TI calculators and I'll tell ya, it's not impossible to make a decent game with it, but not via the TI programming language. You have to program it in assembly. There are already games like mario and this game called squrxz or some crazy name that was like a platformer with some alien headed character and you could even make your own levels with it and the game itself had tons of complex levels.

But scripting it directly in the calculator... you can only make games out of text or the symbols on the calc... I made a decent racing game but it was like

I ' ' I
I ' 8 ' I
I ' 8 ' I
I ' ' I
I ' ' I

Like the I's were the border and the 8's were the cars and the 's were the road lines... That is about as good as it's gonna get.

excaliber7388
09-18-2005, 02:25 AM
I've done some game programming on TI calculators and I'll tell ya, it's not impossible to make a decent game with it, but not via the TI programming language. You have to program it in assembly. There are already games like mario and this game called squrxz or some crazy name that was like a platformer with some alien headed character and you could even make your own levels with it and the game itself had tons of complex levels.

But scripting it directly in the calculator... you can only make games out of text or the symbols on the calc... I made a decent racing game but it was like

I ' ' I
I ' 8 ' I
I ' 8 ' I
I ' ' I
I ' ' I

Like the I's were the border and the 8's were the cars and the 's were the road lines... That is about as good as it's gonna get.
do you know a way I could gain access to the assembly way of programing (if at all possible)
btw, The casio version is near completion, I'm adding weapons now =D (I will want testers, so if you have a casio graphing calc. version 7400 or higher, e-mail me, and Ill send you a text based version to test (you'll have to type it in, I don't have a link yet >_< )

konidias
09-18-2005, 01:08 PM
I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to google search some assembly compilers and stuff. You need a PC to calculator link cable though so you can download the game.

Assembly is probably by far the hardest programming language there is. It's like as raw as it gets.

excaliber7388
09-18-2005, 08:36 PM
I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to google search some assembly compilers and stuff. You need a PC to calculator link cable though so you can download the game.

Assembly is probably by far the hardest programming language there is. It's like as raw as it gets.
ouch, I know what you mean though, I've done pixle by pixle for my casio (was too big though, and didn't move fast evough) The turn based casio version is in testing now, it's lookin' good :D

excaliber7388
09-19-2005, 09:18 PM
Still Looking for NATs GATs and LATs, DR should be ready soon, in the next couple of weeks we should be done. Go to http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/id9.html to apply. Still looking for someone who can program well on a TI 83 or higher to help me out!

Skyld
09-20-2005, 12:07 AM
Still Looking for NATs GATs and LATs, DR should be ready soon, in the next couple of weeks we should be done. Go to http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/id9.html to apply. Still looking for someone who can program well on a TI 83 or higher to help me out!
We know, so you can stop posting that now.

excaliber7388
09-20-2005, 03:29 AM
We know, so you can stop posting that now.
Sorry, it felt as though we got a bit off topic. >_<

Wormx2
09-20-2005, 02:02 PM
All this talk about greatness, and I still have no idea what you're server is about..

zim5354
09-20-2005, 03:31 PM
umm hmm maybe you should put your site in your sig so you wont have to post it over and over and avoid future problems? also fix your site and stuff up that way when they go they can see what its like etc... (lol so many post were deleated)

excaliber7388
09-20-2005, 04:42 PM
All this talk about greatness, and I still have no idea what you're server is about..
I've gotten complaints about a few things so far, first being the sheer number of posts I've made, but the biggest one is the fact that I have not told enough about the server, as I was keeping much a secret. So, here it goes:
Dark Rival is a 3 (maybe more?) Part server, with each of the three parts acting in different periods of time and in different areas of the world. They each function like a different server, each with a different feel. The first overworld you are allowed to play on is actually the 2nd part of the series. This is done, because the first part reveals a lot about the hero's beginnings. There are two main enemies throughout the entire series. The one is your 'Dark Rival' the other is his apprentice, and younger brother. His goal is to take over as much of the known world as he can, and enslave the people of each land to not only do his bidding, but live in poverty so he can be a wealthy king. His attitude for the people is terrible, as he finds them not only expendable, but also amusing to expend. He has gotten training from his mentor, who is already famous throughout the land for being a powerful and evil man. He is known simply as the Dark Druid. Here's a small explanation of each overworld, no endings :In first the part you fight many people, and travel across different large islands, each very unique. The hero finds out more about his life, the people in it, and the fate of the world. He starts out as a soldier in an army. The barracks he is in is attacked by Ceverous's (the dark rival) minions. After you help to bring them down, you must travel to the mainland (by boat) because there are reports of similar attacks there. You and your crew begin the journey, but are interrupted by mercenaries and pirates, all whom have pledged their allegiance to Ceverous. Your journey is a tough one, filled with loss, sorrow, and tragedy. As the hero looses many things held dear to him, he still continues, with support from friends he meets along the way, because he knows he must. In the second game, a new hero must rise, and take the place of the hero in the first one, trying to become a hero. He/she is young, and naive, and has not yet experienced much sorrow. He/she remains upbeat, and goes on to do great things through his/her long journey. The final chapter (maybe? XD) has both heroes unite to take down both enemies once and for all. It starts out with the resurrection of Ceverous, who then turns a very large portion of land around them into a wasteland. This time he wants revenge, and is actively hunting both heroes, and killing all in his way. This one is a bit of a shocker, but in the end, the light shines through the darkness...maybe? any more details wanted, questions, etc, post here, pm or email me. You can still apply for GAT NAT LAT, I hope I have convinced more people to take this server more seriously. Thanks!
It's gonna have things no other graal server, or any other game has shown before, I can't wait to finish it so I can show you all. Thats why I want more staff lol.

haro41
09-20-2005, 05:54 PM
It's gonna have things no other graal server, or any other game has shown before, I can't wait to finish it so I can show you all. Thats why I want more staff lol.

and with excaliber7338 behind the reigns, you can guarantee its going to be a great breakthrough PW of the decade.

excaliber7388
09-20-2005, 08:54 PM
and with excaliber7338 behind the reigns, you can guarantee its going to be a great breakthrough PW of the decade.
^^Thanks!^^
But seriuosly, you have seen nothing of dark rival yet...just wait till it's released, I've withheld a bunch.

MysticX2X
09-20-2005, 11:25 PM
your map is sloppy, it doesnt even have a terrain, and your "filling the black spots in" will surely take you months since you got no staff. Your comanager is starting a pw of his own, lmao, and you still consider him going to be a big part. Dark Rival 3 probably wont start till next spring, i guarentee you. Really dude why are you doing all this dumb stuff( the calculator game) which is a failure, theres your school work, heck your a senior, you have sats and colleges to apply too.

excaliber7388
09-21-2005, 03:54 AM
your map is sloppy, it doesnt even have a terrain, and your "filling the black spots in" will surely take you months since you got no staff. Your comanager is starting a pw of his own, lmao, and you still consider him going to be a big part. Dark Rival 3 probably wont start till next spring, i guarentee you. Really dude why are you doing all this dumb stuff( the calculator game) which is a failure, theres your school work, heck your a senior, you have sats and colleges to apply too.
True, it has taken up a bit of my schedual, but I've managed. And the third one my not come out for a while, yes. I make my servers like real video games, you feel like you accomplished something when you're done. There are parts missing from the map still, but those errors will be easy to fix, now that the overworld is complete. Calc game is really fun, the best one I have on my calc. still testing it, but no errors so far. Should be ready for calcs across the globe soon. :D btw, took the SAT, peice of cake, a small peice at that. Co-manager has done a bunch, and though he is busy he has done a lot. He's not my only staff, we have many more, and they do their jobs well. Really, why do you care so much? DR's gonna rock your world, whether you want it to or not.

haro41
09-21-2005, 04:58 AM
I want it to rock my world...

James
09-21-2005, 05:26 AM
Yeah, I think this is deserved.

http://webpages.charter.net/asmodeusjames/blownaway.jpg

Wormx2
09-22-2005, 01:05 AM
Ok, lets take a look.

Dark Rival is a 3 (maybe more?) Part server, with each of the three parts acting in different periods of time and in different areas of the world. They each function like a different server, each with a different feel.
OK, so this is that "Aeon" server?

The first overworld you are allowed to play on is actually the 2nd part of the series. This is done, because the first part reveals a lot about the hero's beginnings. There are two main enemies throughout the entire series. The one is your 'Dark Rival' the other is his apprentice, and younger brother.
Man, you're an original. a bad guy with a brother.

His goal is to take over as much of the known world as he can, and enslave the people of each land to not only do his bidding, but live in poverty so he can be a wealthy king. His attitude for the people is terrible, as he finds them not only expendable, but also amusing to expend. He has gotten training from his mentor, who is already famous throughout the land for being a powerful and evil man. He is known simply as the Dark Druid.
Yes, he's evil. You got that part through.

Here's a small explanation of each overworld, no endings :In first the part you fight many people, and travel across different large islands, each very unique. The hero finds out more about his life, the people in it, and the fate of the world. He starts out as a soldier in an army. The barracks he is in is attacked by Ceverous's (the dark rival) minions. After you help to bring them down, you must travel to the mainland (by boat) because there are reports of similar attacks there. You and your crew begin the journey, but are interrupted by mercenaries and pirates, all whom have pledged their allegiance to Ceverous. Your journey is a tough one, filled with loss, sorrow, and tragedy. As the hero looses many things held dear to him, he still continues, with support from friends he meets along the way, because he knows he must.
Why does this sound like Fanal Fanatasy 'cept worse? The only sorrow would be playing you're server, and the lose would be time.

In the second game, a new hero must rise, and take the place of the hero in the first one, trying to become a hero. He/she is young, and naive, and has not yet experienced much sorrow. He/she remains upbeat, and goes on to do great things through his/her long journey.
So discriptive? so this means you're going to buy another server for this? Otherwise this would get laggy having all of these "UNIQUE AND SPECIAL" worlds all over the place. You wouldn't be able to play well. Plus, you said there were no endings or something. I might be reading this incorrectly, but how does the first "Game" end where the second "Game" picks up?

The final chapter (maybe? XD) has both heroes unite to take down both enemies once and for all. It starts out with the resurrection of Ceverous, who then turns a very large portion of land around them into a wasteland. This time he wants revenge, and is actively hunting both heroes, and killing all in his way. This one is a bit of a shocker, but in the end, the light shines through the darkness...maybe?
So now you get them bother together. How the hell am I supposed to play two people at once? Or am I just gonna watch it all on ganis?

any more details wanted, questions, etc, post here, pm or email me. You can still apply for GAT NAT LAT, I hope I have convinced more people to take this server more seriously. Thanks!
Not me. This sounds like you'll never get it done. And if you do, it won't be done well.

Goodluck.

excaliber7388
09-22-2005, 02:42 AM
OK, so this is that "Aeon" server?
Only if aeon has been up for the past 4~5 years I've been planning this.

Why does this sound like Fanal Fanatasy 'cept worse? The only sorrow would be playing you're server, and the lose would be time.
Never played final fantasy, but I have a feeling it's not gonna be able to compete w/ DR

So discriptive? so this means you're going to buy another server for this? Otherwise this would get laggy having all of these "UNIQUE AND SPECIAL" worlds all over the place. You wouldn't be able to play well. Plus, you said there were no endings or something. I might be reading this incorrectly, but how does the first "Game" end where the second "Game" picks up?
It may be on seperate servers, but I think it's just gonna be three overworlds,
Its not like its 10 years apart, the events in each one take place close to one another, and there are endings, but your rival is resurected once...

So now you get them bother together. How the hell am I supposed to play two people at once? Or am I just gonna watch it all on ganis?
Consider this a colmination, all the 'friends' you've made come to support you, and maybe die for the cause... as well as all the enimies you've made. It's a pretty cool ending.

Not me. This sounds like you'll never get it done. And if you do, it won't be done well.
I don't care ;) we all know you'll be there when I go public with it, so don't pretend you won't

excaliber7388
09-25-2005, 12:27 AM
We are still looking for a TI converter, but the game will be a text based/turn based system, so it's easier to program. PM me if interested. We're also still looking for GATs, NATs, and LATs.

DarkFireXZ3
09-25-2005, 08:57 AM
Yeah, That server needs a little bit of help and new management last time i went there some person summoned me into a level and froze me in lava.

excaliber7388
09-25-2005, 10:39 PM
Yeah, That server needs a little bit of help and new management last time i went there some person summoned me into a level and froze me in lava.
Hmm :\ who was it, I hate it when they do that. Although he/she may have been working on our new staff control stuff. Oh, and, mystic, you are jailed for swearing, abusing staff, harassing staff,...etc. and personally, after seeing your posts here, most, if not all, having no actual truth behind them (can I add slander to that list?), it's gonna be hard for me to un-jail you but, eventually I guess i have to :\

protagonist
09-26-2005, 02:04 AM
Oh my God. Could we please stop butchering the thread? Honestly. It is far more annoying for one to read an over-moderated thread than it is to read a thread with some back-and-forth bickering. Jeeze. There's no rule against arguing on the forums, and maybe we should know about these so-called "personal arguments" before we work on a server like Dark Rival?

Seriously. It's kind of ridiculous when a moderator edits/deletes 75% of the posts in a thread like this. And it's totally uncalled for. Ban them if they won't stop, but stop censoring every negative comment as if it is your job. It isn't. Negativity is not forbidden in the rules.

excaliber7388
09-26-2005, 03:45 AM
Oh my God. Could we please stop butchering the thread? Honestly. It is far more annoying for one to read an over-moderated thread than it is to read a thread with some back-and-forth bickering. Jeeze. There's no rule against arguing on the forums, and maybe we should know about these so-called "personal arguments" before we work on a server like Dark Rival?

Seriously. It's kind of ridiculous when a moderator edits/deletes 75% of the posts in a thread like this. And it's totally uncalled for. Ban them if they won't stop, but stop censoring every negative comment as if it is your job. It isn't. Negativity is not forbidden in the rules.
Personal arguments are okay, as well as negativity, but when it's just being used for an excuse to retaliate against my server, and really put a blow on the servers PR, then it's really wrong, and damaging. People like this should be banned, because now when people think of DR, they're gonna think of this, and that's not fair. These posts had nothing to actually do with dark rival, the posts were made to bash DR, thats it. Pay no mind to them, the important stuff, and the only stuff that should be in this type of thread is the fact that we are hiring, and to add to that list, we are now hiring testers, we're working out the last of the 'bugs'. So the up to date hirings are as follows: GAT, NAT, LAT, TI-Converter, and now, Tester. If you would like any of these possitions, go to http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/id9.html
Thanks!

protagonist
09-26-2005, 04:57 AM
Personal arguments are okay, as well as negativity, but when it's just being used for an excuse to retaliate against my server, and really put a blow on the servers PR, then it's really wrong, and damaging. People like this should be banned, because now when people think of DR, they're gonna think of this, and that's not fair. These posts had nothing to actually do with dark rival, the posts were made to bash DR, thats it. Pay no mind to them, the important stuff, and the only stuff that should be in this type of thread is the fact that we are hiring, and to add to that list, we are now hiring testers, we're working out the last of the 'bugs'. So the up to date hirings are as follows: GAT, NAT, LAT, TI-Converter, and now, Tester. If you would like any of these possitions, go to http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/id9.html
Thanks!
I agree. I think the posts may have been inappropriate, but leaving them there would have allowed them to be refuted. People can make their own judgements on the merit of such posts, they don't need a moderator to cut apart the thread. How to deal with mudslingers is a part of the game.

Frankly, when I see alot of negative posts, it makes me rather interested in a server. Obviously, it causes controversy.

excaliber7388
09-26-2005, 10:01 PM
I agree. I think the posts may have been inappropriate, but leaving them there would have allowed them to be refuted. People can make their own judgements on the merit of such posts, they don't need a moderator to cut apart the thread. How to deal with mudslingers is a part of the game.

Frankly, when I see alot of negative posts, it makes me rather interested in a server. Obviously, it causes controversy.
It's different for some, and is still irrevalent to the topic. And when un-true things are said, it can cause a bad outlook of the server. Doesn't really matter anymore though, it'll be public soon I hope

excaliber7388
10-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Still hiring, GAT NAT LAt, here's some more screenshots

Sulukra
10-14-2005, 11:31 PM
Ew the water in the first screenshot sucks.

excaliber7388
10-14-2005, 11:38 PM
Erm...this time I agree XD should have noticed that was an old SS it's the attack I wanted to show. Kinda hard to notice here, but the one has the server right before sunset, with a redish sky :D and the plane will be available to players

Methril
10-14-2005, 11:47 PM
Never played final fantasy, but I have a feeling it's not gonna be able to compete w/ DR

-_-

words fail me

MysticX2X
10-14-2005, 11:47 PM
yea and who made that gfx? that is really horrible and im not trying to harass you if you or darlene thinks so.

excaliber7388
10-14-2005, 11:53 PM
yea and who made that gfx? that is really horrible and im not trying to harass you if you or darlene thinks so.
which gfx? the plane? because I wanted it to look old fashioned, and yet have a newer design this SS kinda shows it wierd heres the GFX
-_-

words fail me
eh, it depends on what type of game you like XD if you love FF then what am I to do? lol I hope to change your opinion when I release DR though :)

Knuckles
10-15-2005, 12:21 AM
Those are the best levels I've seen in my life O_O.

excaliber7388
10-15-2005, 03:17 AM
I was showing the features, not the levels, things like the plane, the sunset, weapons, etc

excaliber7388
10-21-2005, 11:16 PM
Stil hiring GAT NAT LAT dropped the Converter possition, could also use a person who would be willing to help with the map, this would be GAT work, you would need to take screenshots of levels, and shrink them then piece the map together (because the map generator isn't working, I think we have too many levels or something X_X) also, it would be helpfull if you would be able to fix the txt files for maps, as this is taking me much time.

excaliber7388
10-25-2005, 12:55 AM
We will soon be hiring Events and GPs you can send in your applications now. Still hiring LATs GATs NATs
as usual:
get you application from http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/id9.html

Skyld
10-25-2005, 02:22 PM
This thread will still be here if you don't post in it once every six hours, y'know.

I suggest you leave this thread as reference only instead of making many repetitive posts in it.

Malinko
10-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Oh wow, a lot of posts were deleted in this thread. :)

Anyways, back on subject; I didn't read a lot of the posts in this thread because a lot didn't seem to do with the hiring for your playerworld, but your screenshots aren't the most interesting thing to show. I know players can view the website to find additional information, but try to give a basic outline of your playerworld covering the basics. Just showing screenshots of the playerworld and telling players you are hiring these positions won't interest a lot of the players.

Edit:
Check out the suggestions that NeoJenova, the Manager of Unholy Nation has posted in the following thread!
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54022

This might help you. :)

napo_p2p
10-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Check out the suggestions that NeoJenova, the Manager of Unholy Nation has posted in the following thread!
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54022

This might help you. :)

Yes, and I believe this button is useful: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/images/buttons/edit.gif

Malinko
10-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Yes, and I believe this button is useful: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/images/buttons/edit.gif
Indeed it is!

I was going to post it in the first place, but I forgot the link and had to search for it. xP

excaliber7388
10-25-2005, 10:09 PM
First off, too late to edit, and second, I gave a complete synopsis of the server in this thread, but I'll tell you all a bit more now. (Go to the first page of this thread to read it) DR is split into 3 parts, as I have said, the first part take place in the middle of the storyline, the second part the beggining and the last part the end(maybe?)
named: DR2, DR1, DR3.
DR2 will take place after the world's hero has disapeared, and you rise up as the next hero. This part of the server is quite classic, but has some unique levels and quests.
DR1 you will play as the hero that is gone in DR2 (this is a prequel) This server will follow the storyline a bit better, and will be a RPG based server, Levels, and expirience, etc. This one has only been in planning, but I will be starting it soon
DR3 the two heros (and everyone you met on your journeys) come to gether and fight the dark rival, after he has destroyed many places in the world. you will hunt him though the ruins, and eventually have to fight him, and repair the area of the world he destroys. Lots of boss battles here, and a very large server, as it takes place in both of the overworlds areas (just in different times) there will be an RPG system here, and the addition benefit of controling more than one character at a time (gonna be really kewl)
so I hope this helps you guys out a bit more, we are hiring LAT GAT NAT ET GP and general admins, if you can do all of these well. We could also use some one to take a look at our map, its not working so well. x_x Anyway, thanks!

excaliber7388
11-11-2005, 11:22 PM
Dark Rival is still hiring GAT NAT LAT, and a person who would be able to help with maps. I am currently making the extreme CTF, but it is taking quite a while. I used the level generator to make 121 outside levels, however, these need detail, and there are also indoor levels that need to be made. I need more help with this if I ever want to be done sometime soon, so if you would like a possition that would give you a lot of things to do, and the ability to be as creative as you want, apply for dark rival at http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/id9.html
(all screenshots from offline version, however, these are the exact same levels online as they are offline)

Skyld
11-11-2005, 11:58 PM
Please stop repeating yourself before I, and other resident forum users, have a breakdown.

Methril
11-12-2005, 12:09 AM
Dark Rival is hiring. We understand.

excaliber7388
11-12-2005, 12:30 AM
lol I'm sorry guys, i just wanted to say I really need LATs to help me out with this project.

Mykel
11-12-2005, 03:01 AM
lol I'm sorry guys, i just wanted to say I really need LATs to help me out with this project.PM them. Believe me, you get more results that way. Even if it is a direct no, it's still contact.

MysticX2X
11-12-2005, 03:12 PM
erm i still dont get it why my posts are deleted for the same things you guys say, and no crap im not a mod darlene, smart one.

Methril
11-14-2005, 02:57 AM
lol I'm sorry guys, i just wanted to say I really need LATs to help me out with this project.

I'll be a LAT on your server as long as you allow me to improve your levels. PM me.

excaliber7388
11-14-2005, 04:20 AM
Sure, anyone with levels rights can improve the levels, as long as they don't delete anything important, of make use of copyrighted materials :)

MysticX2X
11-14-2005, 04:57 AM
woohoo a great turnaround for dark rival. I would work on it due to im bored on graal these days, but i said too many bad things about it, heh heh.