PDA

View Full Version : ProjectR- doing this right

Lord Sephiroth
09-05-2005, 07:33 AM
The old thread can be found here:
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58820

I just recently, as in today, spent 70 dollars Canadian to refund my server, ProjectR.

For the first 6 months, James and I figured we could do it all alone, and took that for granted.

This time around we're doing things right.

We have 6 months to get up a server that could change graal in it's whole, and by god we're going to do everything in our power to see it through.

For this we need staff, we need a staff team willing to do their jobs and assignments as given to them.

For this we require:

Level Maker (Insides): 1 in the very least, 2 would be grand.
Level Maker (Outsides): we need 1 though I will accept more.
GANIS: Oh boy do we need ganis. We won't overload you with work either. Nothing really long, just actions that none of us have time to do. You would not be working alone either, one of our Scripters is good at ganis.: WE NEED AT LEAST 1 GANI MAKER.
GAT: We need someone skilled at making monsters, though this is not essencial, it's just something that would make the server better, and tune up the graphics we already have: AT LEAST 1.

These are some snapshots we have of the Online Start Island, one of them is my personal favorite town, though, not from Online Island. They don't contain pictures of the systems though, those are a secret! ^^
Snapshot number 4 is the onlinestartlocal.nw

Please e-mail me ([email protected])
or
Forum PM me (Lord Sephiroth)
or
AIM Instant Message me (Dobbility Sheep)
For more information and/or a tryout

Andy0687
09-08-2005, 10:24 PM
A little more information coming.

We are quite far along in development, as things have been going for some time (With just 2 of us regularly staying, and a few people in and out).

One thing is unless you plan on seeing the project through, you need not apply. I intend on finishing this, and unfortunatly, a lot of people who have tried to work for us, did not see it the same way.

ProjectR is an RP Server, now when you think RP server on graal, you probably think Valk, well don't, that type of RP Server does not apply here.

We have been working for awhile on the servers storyline, jobs, quests, and ways to interact with other players (hoping for community building here).

many of the things going on on the inside are secret, because if you spill it all to everyone before its done, they get either anxious and expect something that may not be done, or they have an open place to attack it if it isnt what they like.

All of the above positions still need filling, and the sooner they are filled and getting worked on the sooner we can edge towards faster progress.

If this type of enviroment interests you or youd like to know more, get in contact with Sephiroth, or forum PM me.

WanDaMan
09-08-2005, 10:35 PM

:eek: And you say to your friends my levels are **** >_<

Lord Sephiroth
09-09-2005, 02:41 AM
:eek: And you say to your friends my levels are **** >_<

No I said to you that your levels are ****. :rolleyes:

o plz dont own me wit ur mighty cliffz

Jszuyu
09-09-2005, 05:30 AM
Those levels suck bro, they have little to no detail. Good outlines though ; )

Lord Sephiroth
09-09-2005, 05:38 AM
I suppose I should have said that Shots 2,3 and 4 aren't finished, and once I get LATs we're going to go on a redetailing spree, as i've been rushing about 200 levels so we have something to detail, and they know the outline of things.

Lord Sephiroth
10-28-2005, 05:40 AM
I just need to revive this thread because we're still looking for LATs.
My gold just ran out so if you wish to apply you have to IM me, Forum PM me, or email me.

We still need a bunch of LATs. Outsides are all outlined, we just need detailers!

Malinko
10-28-2005, 06:29 AM
Those Staff Boots Look Familiar.

Edit: Damn, that should be in all caps.

ApothiX
10-28-2005, 08:23 AM
Those Staff Boots Look Familiar.

Edit: Damn, that should be in all caps.
God forbid someone use a graphic that's in mainfiles for a staff boot indicator without being accused of plagiarism.

Malinko
10-28-2005, 07:06 PM
God forbid someone use a graphic that's in mainfiles for a staff boot indicator without being accused of plagiarism.
Hm.

First of all, it's an inside joke between Lord Sephiroth and myself. So if you don't know the information behind why I said this, so do not speak. It's common sense the graphic is used by most, probably all playerworlds.

Second, I was talking about the format of the staff boots, screen width and height positions with the level displayed underneath. Which Lord Sephiroth knows from Babylon, as why I said that comment. Then again, you don't know the information behind why I said this, so do not speak.

Lord Sephiroth
10-29-2005, 03:12 AM
Silent made the ones that you can turn on and off, I believe those are the ones he made for Babylon.
James made the ones off the top of his head that you can't turn off. He hates "wasting time turning boots on and off" XD

Mykel
10-29-2005, 03:32 AM
But yeah, even though those levels aren't horrible, they can't even begin to compare to Wan. Not even close.

Silent
10-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Silent made the ones that you can turn on and off, I believe those are the ones he made for Babylon.
Which may or may not have been originally Malinko's creation, with a bit of my own tinkering - possibly not enough tinkering to forget to include his name in comments, or forget to inform him that the script was being used elsewhere, or use it elsewhere in the first place.

tl;dr: Bad Silent, no cookie