PDA

View Full Version : Deathmatch Code of Ethics

FreakyQueen
08-30-2005, 11:22 PM
yeah, by me.
i know, a lot of you think i 'lame'.. haha.
ok, ive thought about it some, and i do agree that continually running away and firing is cheap because the enemy bullets can -never- reach you, but yours can reach them.
as long as your roughly in firing range, its not cheap.
so, thats 1 thing..

[dueling]
if you want to duel, call the duel BEFORE the game starts so everyone knows to not open fire on you. typing "dueling" as your chat the second before the deathmatch starts will help you stay alive long enough to reach your duel.
setting a location helps a lot too.
use compass directions for duels: NSEW and combinations (northwest would be upper left for example). these respond to the 8 sides / corners of the map.
it is considered laming and cheap and unethical to:
-shoot someone who is saying "dueling"
-shoot someone else while your saying "dueling"
-shoot someone who is unarmed
-heal during a duel if not interupted
id suggest wielding no weapon until you get to your duel.. but that would get you lamed so instead keep it out..

duelists and nonduelists fight each other. if you arnt in the middle of a duel, anyone around you who isnt -- all of you should consider yourselves hostile.

duels:
stand facing away from each other, with each person about 1/3 edge away from the screen on either side (full screen mode). any person can fire -while facing away-. then the duel commences.
no heals are allowed during duels unless you are damaged by a non dueler.. in

interrupted duels:
if someone interrupts 2 people standing in the duelers stance about to fight (or observes on radar 2 people standing still for several seconds then moving), do not intervene. if you do, the 2 duelers should hold theyre fire and team up against you.
if a duel is interuppted DURING THE DUEL (someone engages the duelists),
cancel the duel and default to free for all, but make your first shot towards the interrupter, so no one gets a free hit on the duelist.
if the 2 duelists survive, heal and restart the duel.
i repeat, if a duel is interrupted, go to free for all but shoot the interupter first. dont try to duel in the middle of a firefight. this is a deathmatch after all. then it becomes FREE FOR ALL. you are NO LONGER DUELING so shoot them!

[medpacs]
medpacs are fine if you arnt in a duel. its a free for all. if you complain that they are too cheap, well so is using bluerifle or grenades because they both cost money.. (heck, a p2p account does too. but anyways)
never heal in a duel unless you take damage from someone interupting.

[teaming]
in the middle of many firefights, accidental teams happen. this usually isnt a straightforward alliance, but rather 2 people find themselves on the outside of 1 person in between them.. its a mutual understanding that the person in the middle will be easiest to kill, thus improving the outsiders survival time and rank (meaning first-last.. on order of who lives and who dies).
if this happens to you, too bad. manuever yourself so that you arnt caught between, try to make the other 2 fight each other.
-being on the outside of a person, and then those 2 people dont attack each other but focus on the person who was inside is considered cheap / unethical / lame.

[harriers]
or bounty hunters. someone who repeatedly lames as described above should be teamed against. this is only in the case of flagrant laming, dont team up against people because they keep killing you multiple times.

[afk]

if someone is afk.. stand around them and shoot shots near them. if they dont respond withen a few seconds, they are considered open game.

and quit calling me a lamer for killing you :)

Wind_Master
08-31-2005, 03:11 AM
yeah, by me.
i know, a lot of you think i 'lame'.. haha.
ok, ive thought about it some, and i do agree that continually running away and firing is cheap because the enemy bullets can -never- reach you, but yours can reach them.
as long as your roughly in firing range, its not cheap.
so, thats 1 thing..

[dueling]
if you want to duel, call the duel BEFORE the game starts so everyone knows to not open fire on you. typing "dueling" as your chat the second before the deathmatch starts will help you stay alive long enough to reach your duel.
setting a location helps a lot too.
use compass directions for duels: NSEW and combinations (northwest would be upper left for example). these respond to the 8 sides / corners of the map.
it is considered laming and cheap and unethical to:
-shoot someone who is saying "dueling"
-shoot someone else while your saying "dueling"
-shoot someone who is unarmed
-heal during a duel if not interupted
id suggest wielding no weapon until you get to your duel.. but that would get you lamed so instead keep it out..

duelists and nonduelists fight each other. if you arnt in the middle of a duel, anyone around you who isnt -- all of you should consider yourselves hostile.

duels:
stand facing away from each other, with each person about 1/3 edge away from the screen on either side (full screen mode). any person can fire -while facing away-. then the duel commences.
no heals are allowed during duels unless you are damaged by a non dueler.. in

interrupted duels:
if someone interrupts 2 people standing in the duelers stance about to fight (or observes on radar 2 people standing still for several seconds then moving), do not intervene. if you do, the 2 duelers should hold theyre fire and team up against you.
if a duel is interuppted DURING THE DUEL (someone engages the duelists),
cancel the duel and default to free for all, but make your first shot towards the interrupter, so no one gets a free hit on the duelist.
if the 2 duelists survive, heal and restart the duel.
i repeat, if a duel is interrupted, go to free for all but shoot the interupter first. dont try to duel in the middle of a firefight. this is a deathmatch after all. then it becomes FREE FOR ALL. you are NO LONGER DUELING so shoot them!

[medpacs]
medpacs are fine if you arnt in a duel. its a free for all. if you complain that they are too cheap, well so is using bluerifle or grenades because they both cost money.. (heck, a p2p account does too. but anyways)
never heal in a duel unless you take damage from someone interupting.

[teaming]
in the middle of many firefights, accidental teams happen. this usually isnt a straightforward alliance, but rather 2 people find themselves on the outside of 1 person in between them.. its a mutual understanding that the person in the middle will be easiest to kill, thus improving the outsiders survival time and rank (meaning first-last.. on order of who lives and who dies).
if this happens to you, too bad. manuever yourself so that you arnt caught between, try to make the other 2 fight each other.
-being on the outside of a person, and then those 2 people dont attack each other but focus on the person who was inside is considered cheap / unethical / lame.

[harriers]
or bounty hunters. someone who repeatedly lames as described above should be teamed against. this is only in the case of flagrant laming, dont team up against people because they keep killing you multiple times.

[afk]

if someone is afk.. stand around them and shoot shots near them. if they dont respond withen a few seconds, they are considered open game.

and quit calling me a lamer for killing you :)

umm u never killed me and that is the stupidest thing i ever heard (yes even stupider than my grammer)

jkool666
08-31-2005, 05:59 AM
Errm screw that I'm not reading all of it from what I heard its all BS. Usually friends on graal don't shoot each other when they see each other. So make friends and then you won't get shot at. And plus if people shoot at you just kill them.

Shadox
08-31-2005, 06:06 AM
YEAH KILL EM ALL MUWAHAHAHAHAHA...after all that IS the whole point of FFA

bahamutstevetff
08-31-2005, 06:52 AM
i couldbt be bothered 2 read it, must have took u hours 2 write, weres ur life

Wind_Master
08-31-2005, 07:20 AM
Errm screw that I'm not reading all of it from what I heard its all BS. Usually friends on graal don't shoot each other when they see each other. So make friends and then you won't get shot at. And plus if people shoot at you just kill them.

exactly....if some teams you do what i do.Own them till they run

FreakyQueen
08-31-2005, 06:50 PM
whew. all of you (but shadox) missed the point of it.
many people complain of people 'laming' and 'you healed noob!' etc.
the POINT of this was to have everyone fight on the same terms that is:
dont interupt duels basically.
in MY OPINION,i think anything should go, but dueling is kind of fun so i made a setup for that.
and uh, having friends and not shooting each other.. well maybe with just 1 person, if you choose to -take seperate paths-. but hanging around with someone and firing at the same person is teaming, which is cheap.
yes, killing teamers is quite satisfying.. but it gets really annoying to fight say, groups of 3 and 4 of them..
if you team, you lame. ill hunt you down.
and wind, i have killed you, just on different accounts. add me to your list.. and pm me and we can fight. :)

AGAIN.
the point of this is for people to stop *****ing about 'lamers' and whatnot.
its a deathmatch which means KILL or BE KILLED.
not argue about whos healing and whos dueling who.
its just.. a bit eh, polite to let duelers go to their duel, and they will return the favor if you ever duel. if you dont duel at all? then screw it, shoot everyone.
heck, with the responses ive gotten on this, i think ill just do that.
call me lame, your all dead.

bahamutstevetff
08-31-2005, 07:38 PM
i couldnt even be bothered 2 read that but the jist of it sounds stupid.

Huwajux
08-31-2005, 07:42 PM
I would quote you Freakyqueen but it's too big so I'm just mentioning now that I'm speaking to you.
First of all, you really think anyone cares to take note of this thread? (Sorry if that was blunt)
Second of all us guys are just using the DM planet to do spars. Once the sparring planet is finished we will only go to deathmatch to play "Kill or be killed".
Finnaly, you heal in spars anyway not just in the field...

bahamutstevetff
08-31-2005, 07:57 PM
lol and he strafes with aprippers, damn noob

Wind_Master
08-31-2005, 07:58 PM
whew. all of you (but shadox) missed the point of it.
many people complain of people 'laming' and 'you healed noob!' etc.
the POINT of this was to have everyone fight on the same terms that is:
dont interupt duels basically.
in MY OPINION,i think anything should go, but dueling is kind of fun so i made a setup for that.
and uh, having friends and not shooting each other.. well maybe with just 1 person, if you choose to -take seperate paths-. but hanging around with someone and firing at the same person is teaming, which is cheap.
yes, killing teamers is quite satisfying.. but it gets really annoying to fight say, groups of 3 and 4 of them..
if you team, you lame. ill hunt you down.
and wind, i have killed you, just on different accounts. add me to your list.. and pm me and we can fight. :)

AGAIN.
the point of this is for people to stop *****ing about 'lamers' and whatnot.
its a deathmatch which means KILL or BE KILLED.
not argue about whos healing and whos dueling who.
its just.. a bit eh, polite to let duelers go to their duel, and they will return the favor if you ever duel. if you dont duel at all? then screw it, shoot everyone.
heck, with the responses ive gotten on this, i think ill just do that.
call me lame, your all dead.

ROFL!!!! Ok your lame.Now try and kill me.You'll never do it.

jkool666
08-31-2005, 08:02 PM
Errm I'm ignoring what that kid says because he types to much lol.

Wind_Master
08-31-2005, 08:04 PM
Errm I'm ignoring what that kid says because he types to much lol.

lol.Ya when he types it like 2 pointless paragraphs.

bahamutstevetff
08-31-2005, 08:06 PM
lol its worse than a shakespere play

Wind_Master
08-31-2005, 08:31 PM
lol its worse than a shakespere play

lmao.Ya its just pointless shes putting in.

bahamutstevetff
08-31-2005, 08:32 PM
lol freekyqueen do ur self a favour and shut up

Wind_Master
08-31-2005, 08:33 PM
lol freekyqueen do ur self a favour and shut up

rofl...i guess she thinks that ppl r actually gunna follow that stuff she says "if some1 is afk shoot around them than attack" i just like find some1 else if the person is afk...simple as that

bahamutstevetff
08-31-2005, 08:44 PM
yer but freekyqueen either shorten ur *** idea or dont say em at all

Bl0nkt
08-31-2005, 11:18 PM
umm u never killed me and that is the stupidest thing i ever heard (yes even stupider than my grammer)
Stupider isn't a word. :spam:

Akoalin
09-01-2005, 01:52 AM
Ummm guys freakyqueen is a guy... ***** well at least "its" character is on zone.
That was mean, and SHE is a girl;
http://www.graalonline.com/members/viewprofile.php?accname=FreakyQueen

jkool666
09-01-2005, 01:56 AM
Oh my bad... Well I get confused I meen I used to think Muroko was a girl. I just think that people are what their look on Zone was or is (freakyqueens look usually looks like a boys look). *deletes previous post*

Wind_Master
09-01-2005, 03:00 AM
Stupider isn't a word. :spam:

and that is why i dont get good grades :D

FreakyQueen
09-01-2005, 04:35 AM
its cause the account used to belong to a girl.

back to my message:

waht the heck? it deleted my message sayign "could not find phrase: throttle".
whatever.
look, people complain about "laming" so much, so i was trying to prevent people from being "lamed" by us following a general agreement.. but forget that.
ill lame you, ill spawnkill you, ill interupt your duels, ill strafe you.
ya dead.
windmaster, andthe rest of you: (but shadow and blonkt, since yall arnt being idiots) add me to your friends list, pm me, and well fight.
ill destroy you.

NYMO!

[jkool and his teaming buds got slaughtered today, thanks to the nymo monster. jesse is fodder for me]

jkool666
09-01-2005, 04:41 AM
Man your a little noob. Lol. Its not teaming if my friend hits me more then you hit me. Also I shot at my friend (ask Rebelarbiter if you want). Also is it my fault if me and you are shooting at each other and you run away (honestly he ran all the way to the other corner of the map) and you run into my friends who start to shoot at you because they normally shoot at noobs... Lol man your the biggesnt noob I've ever seen and I normally don't get angry with people.
FYI: Running, Strafing with pistols, aprippers, and healing arn't normally used in spars. PWNED Oh and also its not the best idea to post on the forums that you are on a SHARED ACCOUNT! Stefan will probably like to read this... You might want to delete some posts before they ban you... Also everyone else sorry for this flaming this will be my last flaming post. Flaming=bad

Wind_Master
09-01-2005, 04:53 AM
its cause the account used to belong to a girl.

back to my message:

waht the heck? it deleted my message sayign "could not find phrase: throttle".
whatever.
look, people complain about "laming" so much, so i was trying to prevent people from being "lamed" by us following a general agreement.. but forget that.
ill lame you, ill spawnkill you, ill interupt your duels, ill strafe you.
ya dead.
windmaster, andthe rest of you: (but shadow and blonkt, since yall arnt being idiots) add me to your friends list, pm me, and well fight.
ill destroy you.

NYMO!

[jkool and his teaming buds got slaughtered today, thanks to the nymo monster. jesse is fodder for me]

ur obviously a newb if you think u can kill me.Plz newb get on zone now ill guarentee ill own u

bahamutstevetff
09-01-2005, 06:48 AM
nah jin ul prolly fight fair and he will umm, strafe,heal use *** guns, bah, hes a noob i always own him.

MasterNuke
09-01-2005, 08:08 AM
Expressing my feelings of this thread would break at least 2 forum rules.

someonesomewhere
09-01-2005, 08:12 AM
Expressing my feelings of this thread would break at least 2 forum rules.
Would it sound like an episode of the Osbournes without the dial tones?

Huwajux
09-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Jin shut up. Ixi shut up. Jkool WTF? Nymo never talk again.

someonesomewhere
09-01-2005, 06:39 PM
1. You can't make them shut up.
2. If you tell them to, they will flame you.
3. There is No #3

jkool666
09-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Lol dark soul, I'll tell you about it later, I'm not going to flame no more on this thread since I normally try to tell people not to flame :).

bahamutstevetff
09-01-2005, 07:36 PM
why should we shut up, we only saying what we think, whitch is what forums r about, isnt it?

Wind_Master
09-01-2005, 08:22 PM
1. You can't make them shut up.
2. If you tell them to, they will flame you.
3. There is No #3

lol.Thank you very much :P

Huwajux
09-02-2005, 12:22 PM
lol.Thank you very much :P
It was an insult. Or were you being sarcastic? :p
why should we shut up, we only saying what we think, whitch is what forums r about, isnt it?
You may be saying what you think but your flaming at people.

bahamutstevetff
09-02-2005, 06:17 PM
oh well, im sure they can handle it

jkool666
09-02-2005, 06:20 PM
I can't *bursts into tears* Ahh my vergin ears! ;) But ya guys shut up with the flaming. (I did it to *once*) But if I had a dollar for all the times i've said that I would be rich :)

Wind_Master
09-02-2005, 08:29 PM

You may be saying what you think but your flaming at people.

that was not s diss at all.You said for me and ixxi to shut up and cor said you cant make them shutup

someonesomewhere
09-02-2005, 08:33 PM
It wasn't an insult. There's nothing wrong with posting ideas and expressing your opinion about them, unless you just flame the crap out of it because you don't like the person.
Of course, I would never do something like that ;)

Huwajux
09-02-2005, 08:36 PM
that was not s diss at all.You said for me and ixxi to shut up and cor said you cant make them shutup
He said "You can't make them shut up" because it is meant to impose you are ignorant.

someonesomewhere
09-02-2005, 08:47 PM
He said "You can't make them shut up" because it is meant to impose you are ignorant.
Are you a politician? Because you're doing one helluva job lying about what I'm saying.
I didn't mean that to diss him. READ MY POST AND FIGURE OUT WHAT IT MEANS BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Huwajux
09-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Are you a politician? Because you're doing one helluva job lying about what I'm saying.
I didn't mean that to diss him. READ MY POST AND FIGURE OUT WHAT IT MEANS BEFORE YOU TYPE.
Ok. *Reads post*.
Hmm well you said "You can't make them shut up", this either means you are interpreting that they are ignorant and won't listen to me if I tell them to shut up OR it could mean I have no right to tell them to shut up.
If it is the second one, I HAVE A DAMB GOOD RIGHT. Staining forums is a disgusting habit and must be stopped. All because of children posting petty argumentative things about skills of hitting buttons in certain combonations to makes flashing lights move. I myself have skill yet I don't go around telling everyone "o ya i am the best czu stormys sed i wus (not includin him LOLZ!!!!111) anyway shtu up jo dont be ****y an all tat try and be like me i don go aruond sayin im gd. rememba firebox a tru legend!". Please if you are not mature enough to handle the forums go and play ToonsOnline.com for all the more mature people here care.

anubis_wing
09-02-2005, 11:08 PM
Stop fighting guys it leads to nothing good fighters shouldn't argue!

Huwajux
09-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Stop fighting guys it leads to nothing good fighters shouldn't argue!
I'm not fighting I'm trying to get cheap slang off the forums using an aggressive method. Jin in your "Website" I saw that you CAN type well. Why don't you do that here? It will gain you a lot more respect and people will take note of your ideas.
E.g. Slang-"guys mkae this new map wif da air plaqyin. 2 clases omega abd dfelta. boht scuot speed and (Type weapons described in another thread here in bad slang). i fink it wud be kul. what do you thinlk?"

Reply from a Poster= ???

Proper English-"I would like to make a suggestion. How about a new map where it is all situated in the sky. There will be 2 seperate classes Omega and Delta. Both of them will have scouts speed and their weapons will be (Type weapons described in another thread here in good English). Could any of you give your opinions on this idea?"

Reply from a Poster= Sounds pretty good I think it should be put in the game. Good thinking. ;)

This goes for more than Jin I'm just picking on him as he is the worst. (Sorry)
Hope this helped...

Wind_Master
09-03-2005, 02:53 AM
I dont wanna waste my time typing good

jkool666
09-03-2005, 07:59 AM
Errm... Typing *well* jin.... Lol

Huwajux
09-03-2005, 11:18 AM
I dont wanna waste my time typing well
Fine by me. Just don't expect ANY of your ideas to be put into the game. Or to gain any respect.

Wind_Master
09-04-2005, 05:30 AM
Fine by me. Just don't expect ANY of your ideas to be put into the game. Or to gain any respect.

Ideas would be put in if their good. They wouldnt say "your grammer is bad so that makes your idea bad".

someonesomewhere
09-04-2005, 07:09 AM
Joe sends a resume in. Joe's resume is nice and neat. No spelling/grammar errors.
Jin sends a resume in. There is a spelling mistake in every sentence, as well as numerous grammar mistakes.
Who will get the job: Joe or Jin?

bahamutstevetff
09-04-2005, 08:09 AM
lol hmm joe, but now were way off subject, uhh the subject was nymos *** ideas

Lord Sephiroth
09-04-2005, 08:48 AM
It's not stupid. Shut your stupid face stupid.

ZZZ RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES

Huwajux
09-04-2005, 11:00 AM
keep ur gob shut u daft nerd
Lol he is just copying a line from Haunter. :p

bahamutstevetff
09-04-2005, 11:00 AM
am i

Huwajux
09-04-2005, 11:05 AM
am i
No, Lord Sephiroth is. x_x

bahamutstevetff
09-04-2005, 11:06 AM
:o

Dante55555
09-04-2005, 11:49 AM
Wow this freakyqueen guy writes alot doesnt he O_O hes like the new Jin or somet.. i believe ive heard that a few times before =/

Lord Sephiroth
09-04-2005, 08:42 PM
No, Lord Sephiroth is. x_x

Rofl I was making a joke, at least some people caught on it ;)

bahamutstevetff
09-04-2005, 09:13 PM
xD penny still aint dropped

Wind_Master
09-05-2005, 01:29 AM
Joe sends a resume in. Joe's resume is nice and neat. No spelling/grammar errors.
Jin sends a resume in. There is a spelling mistake in every sentence, as well as numerous grammar mistakes.
Who will get the job: Joe or Jin?

I sorta dont want a Zone job. So everyone wins.

Huwajux
09-05-2005, 06:09 PM
I sorta dont want a Zone job. So everyone wins.
You are going to need one some day.

Wind_Master
09-05-2005, 06:32 PM
You are going to need one some day.

Im gunna need a Zone job??

Huwajux
09-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Im gunna need a Zone job??
There IS a life outside of Zone.

Wind_Master
09-05-2005, 07:19 PM
There IS a life outside of Zone.

I know but i said i dont want a Zone job, and you said You're gunna have to get 1 soon. O and ya ofcourse im gunna get a job.

Huwajux
09-05-2005, 07:51 PM
I know but i said i dont want a Zone job, and you said You're gunna have to get 1 soon. O and ya ofcourse im gunna get a job.
:p Just saw that. XD

MisterMastermind
09-11-2005, 07:55 AM
back on subject, if u wana lame somebody go to Iricia or wildcross. deathmatch is for fair fights/spars. it's all we've got left :frown:

Darlene159
09-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Stop...turning...every...Zone...thread...into...a. ..flame...thread
You know, these threads make me not want to play Zone. Can you imagine how new people feel seeing this crap?

anubis_wing
09-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Stop...turning...every...Zone...thread...into...a. ..flame...thread
You know, these threads make me not want to play Zone. Can you imagine how new people feel seeing this crap?
UMMMMMMMM no give us a hint :P

Wind_Master
09-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Damn. She gunna close the thread again :frown:

someonesomewhere
09-12-2005, 03:42 AM
Damn. She gunna close the thread again :frown:
At least she's doing something to make the Zone forums better. Seriously, there is way too much flaming here. And I could get one of my friends to read this crap and he wouldn't want to play Zone either.