PDA

View Full Version : Idea---detonator mines?

Akoalin
07-15-2005, 05:54 AM
Why not detonator mines? I remember those old James Bond games (Goldeneye, The World is not Enough, Nightfire, etc.) where you could set up a trap that way and detonate them all at once and kill multiple people with em, this would also allow for a use for binoculars.

bbabba
08-24-2005, 04:37 AM
Why not detonator mines? I remember those old James Bond games (Goldeneye, The World is not Enough, Nightfire, etc.) where you could set up a trap that way and detonate them all at once and kill multiple people with em, this would also allow for a use for binoculars.
ohhh i love using em,i sharked my golden eye for completly all cheats and levels and i take detonator bombs and blow the **** out of everyone followed by other mines,grenades,hand held tank canons,bazooka(rocket luncher for you dumbies)ahh the good old days

haunter
08-24-2005, 05:46 AM
(rocket luncher for you dumbies)

Oscar Mayer is getting a bit out of hand with the lunchable ideas, huh?

Sulukra
08-24-2005, 08:37 AM

Yeah, detonator mines WOULD rock. That way, you could actually DO something when people invaded your base.

*Enter daydream where ten people invade the Sweep Fleet base. One guy with detonator in his hand presses down on a button. Zoom out to see some badly-animated scene where half the map blows up and everyone runs to the bunker in base one, where some guy planted a prox mine. Bye bye.*

*shake head* MOVING ON. I never figured out how to use the binoculars anyway. Never.

Akoalin
08-24-2005, 11:58 PM
Well... they don't have a use for now. We could make it so you can see a little zoom thing where you can move the sight by pressing the button it's assigned to.
and as for detonating, it would probally be press a button and some notification above the bombs for a second before they actually detonate

jkool666
08-25-2005, 12:50 AM
Detenator Mines (ya I know I spelled it wrong :)) would be kool. But also you would need to stand near them for a wile and it would piss alot of people off. Maybe these can be seen for longer? Maybe 20 seconds but they can be detonated within those 20 seconds.

anubis_wing
08-25-2005, 06:19 AM
Detenator Mines (ya I know I spelled it wrong :)) would be kool. But also you would need to stand near them for a wile and it would piss alot of people off. Maybe these can be seen for longer? Maybe 20 seconds but they can be detonated within those 20 seconds.
Ok here's how i c the mines should work:
1. Visible when you lay them down (so we don't get the same complaints like mines)
2. 40 damage a mine
3. You detonate them your self
4. They have a place radius of 5 cm or so which means you can only put 1 down that distance apart i.e so we don't have millions on one spot doin billions of dmg the radius is only availible to you the placer of the mine. When someone steps in the radius of the mine and they are on your team it will say You stepped over a friendly mine. Keep care! Yeah that thing.
5. You can only carry 100
6. You can only blow one up at a time, so that you will be able to blow them up in diff places so they walk into them like a set up .
Well this is it tell me if u like it?

jkool666
08-25-2005, 07:45 AM
Thats a great idea with the radius thing. But the order that you blow them up might be confusing.

Huwajux
08-25-2005, 11:06 AM
I think you should only be able to place 5 at a time and like you said not all on one spot. Then they should be asserted different numbers so you remember which mine is where. When someone steps over a mine for example mine number 2, you would have a little red light in the top right corner flashing and making a beeping sound. Thus blowing that mine up and killing the person in the process. Also something needs to be done about that glitch where if a mine is placed below or above a ladder, that ladder is then unable to used.

anubis_wing
08-25-2005, 02:29 PM
I think you should only be able to place 5 at a time and like you said not all on one spot. Then they should be asserted different numbers so you remember which mine is where. When someone steps over a mine for example mine number 2, you would have a little red light in the top right corner flashing and making a beeping sound. Thus blowing that mine up and killing the person in the process. Also something needs to be done about that glitch where if a mine is placed below or above a ladder, that ladder is then unable to used.
HMMMMMMM good thought the ladder problem might be tricky hmmm maybe you can only see the radius with the mine detector so maybe the area around the ladders has a radius to maybe it should but is only like a small thing so it is just far enough so that the thing won't happen with the ladder.

Akoalin
08-28-2005, 04:39 PM
Ok here's how i c the mines should work:
1. Visible when you lay them down (so we don't get the same complaints like mines)
2. 40 damage a mine
3. You detonate them your self
4. They have a place radius of 5 cm or so which means you can only put 1 down that distance apart i.e so we don't have millions on one spot doin billions of dmg the radius is only availible to you the placer of the mine. When someone steps in the radius of the mine and they are on your team it will say You stepped over a friendly mine. Keep care! Yeah that thing.
5. You can only carry 100
6. You can only blow one up at a time, so that you will be able to blow them up in diff places so they walk into them like a set up .
Well this is it tell me if u like it?
I like all of that, except the part where you blow them up at diff times... they should all go off at once methinks.