PDA

View Full Version : Dark Rival wants YOU!

excaliber7388
08-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Yes, we want YOU to apply for a possition at Dark Rival as a GAT NAT LAT or even, co-manager! Just go to http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/id9.html
or for more information on the server, yo can see the rest of the website at http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com or, you could e-mail me at [email protected] !

More info:
We currently have our server up, it's still under developement. There are some tile errors, problems with the map, and some scripting errors, also, some levels we connected wierd. Not much trouble to fix, it's easy work, but I could use more help on it. Overall, Dark Rival is looking better and better, and you could help too! Thanks!

mystic2k
08-23-2005, 10:54 PM
no one wants to work on Dark Rival anymore dude. you posted 3 hiring threads, no one wants to work there. And im not saying it cuzi got fired cuz i got a lil staff abusive on another staff cuz it was funny. I mean gosh how many hiring threads have u posted and u got 0 staff, and staff are starting to quit cuz you cant manage a server right. Hell u got aserver the day u bought p2p.

excaliber7388
08-24-2005, 02:16 AM
Actually, I am confused about that too. I mean, whats wrong w/ dark rival? we have many new features, food system, new weapons, and i'm working on a new battle system as well. The only thing that bothers me, is the fact that you were supportive before I fired you, but after that you are up in my face...strange, almost as if you feel like you lost something when you lost Dark Rival, does this mean you caerd for it? :rolleyes: Maybe you should delete your post, no one wants to know that you abused your staff powers, and used them to harrass another player (to the point that he was ready to quit). That would make them disrespect you, as the entire staff of Dark Rival must by now, as well.

Matt
08-24-2005, 02:51 AM
I mean gosh how many hiring threads have u posted and u got 0 staff, and staff are starting to quit cuz you cant manage a server right. Hell u got aserver the day u bought p2p.

I don't see it in the rules that there's a limit on how many hirings he or anyone else can post.

staff are starting to quit cuz you cant manage a server right.
Maybe you should delete your post, no one wants to know that you abused your staff powers, and used them to harrass another player (to the point that he was ready to quit). That would make them disrespect you, as the entire staff of Dark Rival must by now, as well.
Let's not start flamming each other please. :)

excaliber7388
08-24-2005, 03:52 AM
Let's not start flamming each other please.
HE STARTED IT!!! :D JK But i think the point here is...WE'RE STILL HIRING! :D
seriously, go to http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/id9.html to apply!
(looking for GATs, NATs, LATs, and a Co-mamager)

mystic2k
08-24-2005, 04:34 AM
um no one lost respect of me. IM still pretty good friends with all of them except bad which is like 2 haha. And i think its fine that everybody reads that you like a person who idles on a server better and i was playing with him cuz he always got mad and pissed and it was funny that i cudnt stop, or maybe i knew he couldnt do his job either making excuses not to. Eh DR was getting boring and i doubt youll even make a battle system. And the person who responded b4 excaliber(sorry forgot ur name) im saying it cuz he posted like 20 threads and no one has even responded to it and well it got annoying even as staff. Your servers a failure cuz u got 1 lat who i thinks just about ready to quit and a gat admin who possibly cant do gfx and makes excuses like his dad has the admin acc. Why would you even premote him if he cant do anything atm. Yes i have got diss marks about DR looking for staff, and i myself thought it too. No ones gonna play on 3 overworlds. Im saying this cuz hes pissing me off saying i staff abuse when i dont, i just knew this badlatino kid cudnt do gfx and keeps lieing about it.

Skyld
08-24-2005, 01:01 PM
Actually, I am confused about that too. I mean, whats wrong w/ dark rival? we have many new features, food system (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60596), new weapons, and i'm working on a new battle system as well.
Not to mention breaking your NPC-Server (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60233) and creating hideously scripted staff tools (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60526). I also agree that Dark Rival is in need of scripters (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60423).

Judging at some of the scripting that has been posted on the NPC Scripting forums, I am not sure that many people would want to be a scripter on your server and work with that code.

I even posted advice in one of your threads (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1099023&postcount=17) about how you could make your code more readable and manageable, yet you completely ignored that.

Secondly, the material that you post every time you try to hire people is always the same. The same few screenshots.

Post some variation. That way, people can see what they are going to be working on. It's all very well posting screenshots of levels, but why not post screenshots of players actively using the systems you already have in place?

calum
08-24-2005, 02:15 PM
we have many new features, food system, new weapons, and i'm working on a new battle system as well.

All of which you have gained through sincerely pissing of the scripting section.

excaliber7388
08-24-2005, 03:33 PM
um no one lost respect of me. IM still pretty good friends with all of them except bad which is like 2 haha. And i think its fine that everybody reads that you like a person who idles on a server better and i was playing with him cuz he always got mad and pissed and it was funny that i cudnt stop, or maybe i knew he couldnt do his job either making excuses not to. Eh DR was getting boring and i doubt youll even make a battle system. And the person who responded b4 excaliber(sorry forgot ur name) im saying it cuz he posted like 20 threads and no one has even responded to it and well it got annoying even as staff. Your servers a failure cuz u got 1 lat who i thinks just about ready to quit and a gat admin who possibly cant do gfx and makes excuses like his dad has the admin acc. Why would you even premote him if he cant do anything atm. Yes i have got diss marks about DR looking for staff, and i myself thought it too. No ones gonna play on 3 overworlds. Im saying this cuz hes pissing me off saying i staff abuse when i dont, i just knew this badlatino kid cudnt do gfx and keeps lieing about it.
Mystic, will you just forget about this? I didn't just fire you because you abused other people, I didn't like your attitude towards other players, that fact that you only 'fixed' one level for the server (I had to fix that, took longer than it would have to do it myself). You're mad at other people for not doing work, but all you wanted was a free ride on a server, you didn't do anything for it. I made a mistake when I picked you to be Co-manager; my next one won't be such an immature *****. Quit trying to get back at me for this, it's not my fault, I wasn't the only member of the staff that wanted to see you go...they were pretty happy when your RC was kicked off......

mystic2k
08-24-2005, 08:35 PM
hehe this guys funny. I didnt do jack on that level except change that ugly tiles, it looked better than yours even tho it was still **** and i didnt even bother to fix it. And none of your staff do nothing to begin with. You cannot lat, jesus only u had one good lat and he didnt feel like doing work cuz no one else did. Only one person was happy and that was badlatino. You have like wat 3 active staff? ken, whirling and wreckage. None of them hate me cuz i talk to them all, well dont you feel darn dumb. Well im saying this cuz ur posting 20 threads in which no one wants to help you and im seeing that your asking peopel to put things in your script for you.

excaliber7388
08-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Oh, cut it out. You got fired, big deal. You'll get another staff possition, somewhere else, I'm sure. And the battle system is underway, it will have lvls, experience points, different atributes that reflect your class, and the ability to set an attack, skill manuver, defencive stuff, etc to different buttons sdf (and maybe other buttons) This will not play a very active role in DR2 (but it will be there, especially the button assignments and multiple attacks/skills whatever), but it will in DR and DR3.

mystic2k
08-24-2005, 09:06 PM
i didnt care to begin with and i bet your battle system would be a failure since peope are tired of helping you ;-)

excaliber7388
08-25-2005, 04:06 AM
My battle system is comming along well. I have a test GFX on one of the below screenshots. Different screenshots ;) if you want to apply, go to http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/id9.html we still could use GATs NATs LATs and a Co-manager, thanks!

haunter
08-25-2005, 05:18 AM
A bit of advice. You're going to have to do a lot better on your own first if you expect to ever get any decent staff to help you.

excaliber7388
08-25-2005, 10:23 PM
Here's some more pics :D

haunter
08-26-2005, 01:51 AM
It's not going to work dude. This stuff isn't impressive enough. Keep working at it... I have a couple questions for you though, how long have you been playing graal? How long have you been developing on graal?

Pooka
08-26-2005, 03:10 AM
Your big problem is that, simply and crudely put, your levels suck.

I think first you need to hang out in the level section and look at what other people are doing. Look at the stuff that gets ratings higher than 5 or so, and that's a good starter. Especially considering 5 is a good rating in that section...

excaliber7388
08-26-2005, 04:16 AM
yeah, my levels aren't the greatest. thats why I'm looking for LATs, not to do a ton of work, just to detail my levels a bit (okay, some of them a lot) I put some very unique features in (food system, weapons etc) and also made it one of the largest overworlds yet (and there's 2 more on the way ;)) I know my levels aren't great, but I've learned a lot from the time i put them up, and hopefully, I will have it all up to par before era is fixed :P but in all seriousness, I'm not sure that you guys are giving these a chance. DR's got a lot to offer, it's still under developement, but I could use a little help here and there. If you can LAT, good, then you can help, it's not a big deal, the levels just need some detail.

NefariousPK
08-26-2005, 05:57 AM
Look @ The Picture

mystic2k
08-26-2005, 08:00 AM
oh your such a big jokester huh?

NefariousPK
08-26-2005, 08:13 AM
oh your such a big jokester huh?
i was expecting a more agreeable answer from you considering you hate this guy

mystic2k
08-26-2005, 08:21 AM
i dont hate him i was mad for a few min then we worked it out later. Tho i still dont work there.

excaliber7388
08-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Plus, how could you be mad at a guy with bender as his avatar? :D
No, but really, you guys aren't giving Dark Rival a chance. If you don't want to help, fine, but wait until you have actually played it to try to criticize it.

excaliber7388
08-26-2005, 06:38 PM
A level on Dark Rival I like ;) In this level, you go through the complex caves to get to the bottom. The cliffs extend to both sides of this level (I havn't made them yet). This level is being used on Dark Rival ;) I'll show the inside when I'm done them :D

haunter
08-26-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm beginning to think that maybe you shouldn't start out by making your own server... Go find a server that already has some momentum, and a decent sized staff roster. Get some experience first, then tackle your own playerworld.

mystic2k
08-26-2005, 09:34 PM
ah let him do what he wants to do, its his money.

haunter
08-26-2005, 09:56 PM
ah let him do what he wants to do, its his money.

I know, it was just a suggestion... But really, if he wants to get better, he shouldn't start off on his own, he should team up with people who have a bit more experience than him, and keep moving up.

excaliber7388
08-26-2005, 10:43 PM
I know, it was just a suggestion... But really, if he wants to get better, he shouldn't start off on his own, he should team up with people who have a bit more experience than him, and keep moving up.
Yes I should team up with some other people, learn from them, and teach them some stuff at the same time...yes, yes...oh, wait I tried that already, I called it 'hiring for Dark Rival' :\ I'm not the best, but my stuff isn't bad, and it's fun. So it doesn't look great, its whats on the inside that counts (pixles?) Anyway, i don't want to rely heavily on my staff, but I still could use some help. (btw that pic of the level is old, i fixed the problems w/ the water X_x)

haunter
08-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Yes I should team up with some other people, learn from them, and teach them some stuff at the same time...yes, yes...oh, wait I tried that already, I called it 'hiring for Dark Rival' :\ I'm not the best, but my stuff isn't bad, and it's fun. So it doesn't look great, its whats on the inside that counts (pixles?) Anyway, i don't want to rely heavily on my staff, but I still could use some help. (btw that pic of the level is old, i fixed the problems w/ the water X_x)

The people who are more experienced than you are the ones already working on a server, and won't want to work under you... Like I said, find something with momentum, it's easier to learn that way.

I'm not trying to offend you, I just think you're going about things the wrong way... You're trying to get to the top before you even get your gear on.

excaliber7388
08-27-2005, 12:06 AM
I think I'll do what pooka said, look around the levels threads, I'll learn that way. Though I don't think I need it much...okay, maybe a bit, but still that shouldn't be a reason not to apply for a server. All you would have to do is detail stuff x_x

haunter
08-27-2005, 12:09 AM
I think I'll do what pooka said, look around the levels threads, I'll learn that way. Though I don't think I need it much...okay, maybe a bit, but still that shouldn't be a reason not to apply for a server. All you would have to do is detail stuff x_x

You do need it... Trust me.

There are alot of playerworlds out there... You have to prove to the potential staff that yours is the best to choose. You're just not doing that.

excaliber7388
08-27-2005, 03:51 AM
I'm not sure there's many other dev severs posting x_x anyway, I'll work on my levels, maybe that will change people's minds btw, I do have LATs, and they are working, Dark Rival is pretty big, thats why I need more it's too big of a server for four people. And half aren't on often x_x. Also, with school, and next year college, I'll have less time on my hands. I'm not asking anyone to make a server for me, we're already done, just detailing and bugs left, (And thats work for LATs and NATs) I just need some help b/c it's a big server, and we need more people on it. Thanks for the suggestions though, I'll keep them in mind