PDA

View Full Version : Got Bored, new Weapon

Lord Sephiroth
08-17-2005, 10:42 AM
I was sitting here thinking of something to make for my server but I got bored and I can't sleep, its 2:30 in the morning and I felt like making something.
So I made something "SoundBeam" (Name in progress)
Its like a taze bomb, but its a gun. It does the same amount of damage as the Taze Bomb, and it stops machinery from working and stuff and it freezes the player, but can only be fired every so often. Delay of like a second or so.

Heres the gun (Editted from the Gravitron, so I wont take credit, only for the idea.)

Sound waves (beams coming from the gun) to follow.

Last minute thought: Maybe when in use it could throw the Team Chat Text all fuzzy from someone it hits. (?) Good idea? bad?

anubis_wing
08-17-2005, 04:23 PM
I was sitting here thinking of something to make for my server but I got bored and I can't sleep, its 2:30 in the morning and I felt like making something.
So I made something "SoundBeam" (Name in progress)
Its like a taze bomb, but its a gun. It does the same amount of damage as the Taze Bomb, and it stops machinery from working and stuff and it freezes the player, but can only be fired every so often. Delay of like a second or so.

Heres the gun (Editted from the Gravitron, so I wont take credit, only for the idea.)

Sound waves (beams coming from the gun) to follow.

Last minute thought: Maybe when in use it could throw the Team Chat Text all fuzzy from someone it hits. (?) Good idea? bad?
All i can say is sweet and how the hell u make guns ne ways yah all it needs improvments on is the name and what it does cuz freezing the target is a bit cheap and we already got a taze bomb so maybe you could redo what it does.....im thinking flare bomb shoots a expolodes like a super bomb in UN and catches ne one in the range on fire for sum time

haunter
08-17-2005, 09:52 PM
How does sound stop machinery, exactly?

anubis_wing
08-17-2005, 10:47 PM
How does sound stop machinery, exactly?
WHO CARES uve gotta make a pic of it shooting the gun cuz it dosnt make much sense

haunter
08-17-2005, 11:05 PM
WHO CARES I'd say many people would. It doesn't make much sense if a soundwave stops some sort of machinery. An EMP wave would disable a machine, but not sound... Unless it was at the right frequency and decibel level that the machine started vibrating until it fell to pieces. But at that frequency and decibel level a person's ears would start to bleed and they'd probably die instantly. :)

uve gotta make a pic of it shooting the gun cuz it dosnt make much sense
That's funny, you're not making much sense either...

anubis_wing
08-17-2005, 11:19 PM
I'd say many people would. It doesn't make much sense if a soundwave stops some sort of machinery. An EMP wave would disable a machine, but not sound... Unless it was at the right frequency and decibel level that the machine started vibrating until it fell to pieces. But at that frequency and decibel level a person's ears would start to bleed and they'd probably die instantly. :)

That's funny, you're not making much sense either...
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH yer critisim is killing me i mean show what the shots would look like or tell us

haunter
08-17-2005, 11:28 PM
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH yer critisim is killing

Criticism is an integral part of improvement.

me i mean show what the shots would look like or tell us

I got that, but who are you talking to? You have to make youself clear... Punctuation, capitilization, and the use of the "Quote" button are all important things when you want to be understood.

anubis_wing
08-17-2005, 11:39 PM
Criticism is an integral part of improvement.

I got that, but who are you talking to? You have to make youself clear... Punctuation, capitilization, and the use of the "Quote" button are all important things when you want to be understood.
Who do you think i'm talking to Santa Clause??No the guy who made the idea for the gun.

haunter
08-17-2005, 11:50 PM
Who do you think i'm talking to Santa Clause??No the guy who made the idea for the gun.
You could've been talking to me... There was no indication of the direction of your post changing (ie puncuation or a quote).

anubis_wing
08-18-2005, 12:22 AM
You could've been talking to me... There was no indication of the direction of your post changing (ie puncuation or a quote).If i knew the guy sure i'd say his name but it escapes me ne ways the person who desinged the idea for the gun in the 1st place (HAPPY HAUNTER) could you show us what a picture of the gun looks liike shooting

haunter
08-18-2005, 12:28 AM
If i knew the guy sure i'd say his name but it escapes me ne ways the person who desinged the idea for the gun in the 1st place (HAPPY HAUNTER) could you show us what a picture of the gun looks liike shooting
Cripes... You didn't pay attention to a think I wrote...

I'll make it nice and big for you.

Punctuation is your friend!

anubis_wing
08-18-2005, 12:36 AM

THANK YOU EINSTIEN. I'm just not very good at picking where it goes. I CHANGED THE SENTENCE IF THAT DON'T MAKE U HAPPY THE BUG OFF!!!!!! GEEZ WERE GONNA GET IN TROUBLE FROM DARLENE FORNOT TALKING ABOUT FORUM RELATED ITEMS!!!!!!! :redface: :dies:

jkool666
08-18-2005, 01:12 AM
Guys shut up don't you to spam, it probably works just like beam and tazerbombs, when you throw them it says Failure and the vehical stops moving.

Darlene159
08-18-2005, 01:30 AM
Ugh....
1) Stop arguing in the thread, use forum PM's
2) Use quotes so members know who you are speaking to

Thanks

Dante55555
08-18-2005, 04:19 AM

Y u raggin on Anubis? Wat he do to u?

haunter
08-18-2005, 04:32 AM
Y u raggin on Anubis? Wat he do to u?

I'm not "raggin". I'm simply trying to understand what he's trying to say. What he wrote was illegible... I was just trying to help him a little bit with suggestions on how to be better understood. Suggestions like:

Use punctuation
Use proper grammar
Use the Quote button
Use real words rather than web-slang. i.e.: use "You" instead of "u", "to" instead of "2" (You could use this one)

He didn't seem to catch my drift, so I repeated myself. Repetition is a very good teaching tool when dealing with such elementary concepts.

anubis_wing
08-18-2005, 04:39 AM
I'm not "raggin". I'm simply trying to understand what he's trying to say. What he wrote was illegible... I was just trying to help him a little bit with suggestions on how to be better understood. Suggestions like:

Use punctuation
Use proper grammar
Use the Quote button
Use real words rather than web-slang. i.e.: use "You" instead of "u", "to" instead of "2" (You could use this one)

He didn't seem to catch my drift, so I repeated myself. Repetition is a very good teaching tool when dealing with such elementary concepts.
........What the hell are you a teacher or sumtin!!!

haunter
08-18-2005, 04:43 AM
........What the hell are you a teacher or sumtin!!!

Well I don't have a Bachelor of Education if that's what you mean. But I suppose anybody who teaches someone something could be called a teacher... Really though, I'm just someone who wants to understand what the hell people are saying. :)

You're progressing, I actually understood that post!

anubis_wing
08-18-2005, 04:58 AM
Well I don't have a Bachelor of Education if that's what you mean. But I suppose anybody who teaches someone something could be called a teacher... Really though, I'm just someone who wants to understand what the hell people are saying. :)

You're progressing, I actually understood that post!
That's cruel and un-called for any ways back to the main post......if I could remember what it was :(...

Lord Sephiroth
08-20-2005, 02:23 AM
Can you guys please take this arguement somewhere else, i'd like opinions on the weapon, not grammar and punctuation.

anubis_wing
08-20-2005, 02:27 AM
Can you guys please take this arguement somewhere else, i'd like opinions on the weapon, not grammar and punctuation.
THANK YOU now could u plz make a pic of what the shots of the gun look like or how it shooots.

Lord Sephiroth
08-20-2005, 06:53 AM
I did this quick, as a thought it should probably be a short range gun, so maybe it should do a bit more damage and freeze for less time. *shrug*
This is the general idea:

anubis_wing
08-20-2005, 07:36 AM
I did this quick, as a thought it should probably be a short range gun, so maybe it should do a bit more damage and freeze for less time. *shrug*
This is the general idea:
Nice, nice maybe it should be distance of g18 spreads out like apps and does what an electron does to stop machines i.e mechs, speeder, bike. It should also do maybe 5 dmg a hit and u can lame like a g18 but uses about as much energy as a gravitron shot? You like?

bbabba
08-20-2005, 10:21 PM
yes

RykuZ
08-21-2005, 02:05 AM
havent posted but looks like an evil trumpet (no offense)

stoned4life
08-22-2005, 06:53 AM
the gun looks nice btw (by the way for haunter)