PDA

View Full Version : Bel'la Olplyn GFX'n

Debaglio
08-12-2005, 01:45 AM
Hello:

A new house, shield, sword, and wand are needed for the kingdom. I will be working on this in my spare time. Please post any 'positive' ideas for the "Dark Inspired" kingdom.

Any negative posts/images/ or GFX will be deleted.

Thank you.

SayianOozaru
09-21-2005, 08:59 AM
o ya, lemme work on some ;)...they might not be GK style though :\ since i've only GFx'd for zone :(

SayianOozaru
09-22-2005, 05:32 AM
alright gave it a try :) lemme no what i have to fix.

*Edit

also did a re-color of the GE...i like the way that dagger looks^^, and i did a necklace...(used same outline as the normal necklace's :redface: )

*Edit

re edited it...din' like the gloves....

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8660/sayianinbellaarmor22sd.gif

Googi
09-22-2005, 06:09 AM
A classic never dies.

StrykerTFFD
09-22-2005, 06:33 AM
Winner.

SayianOozaru
09-22-2005, 06:45 AM
u guys don't like? :whatever: i said it might not be GK's style :frown:

StrykerTFFD
09-22-2005, 07:05 AM
They're mostly recolorings of already existing things.
My response was to Googi's image, which made me chuckle, thus it's the Winner.

SayianOozaru
09-22-2005, 08:48 AM
wasn't quit sure what she was trying to say :/ but i talked to Etien, over the player, and he told me to change some things...so i've re-created a new armor, and sword...both are still being worked on, just drew up an image, and pasted it onto my character.

Splke
09-22-2005, 09:47 AM
EGAD BATMAN, WTFSIT? (acronymftw)

wasn't quit sure what she was trying to say :/

HAH WHAT? WHOSA SHE WAT

xAndrewx
09-22-2005, 10:51 AM
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8660/sayianinbellaarmor22sd.gif
Ignore the buffoons, they're awesome. They're just jealous, because their kingdom isn't as active.

StrykerTFFD
09-22-2005, 11:50 AM
Yes...
I'm oh-so jealous of a black/red crystal dagger, and a crap colored paladin helmet and platemail.

Oh I want crap colored gear! /sarcasm

Draenin
09-22-2005, 12:17 PM
The only item I can compliment so far is maybe the shield, even though it just looks like you somehow combined the Dust / KJ Shield. For all the other items, I say "Shame on you." It's not hard to do simple color edits, and I strongly discourage it. The GE / CE was recolored, and looks very bland with the look as if it were done with either crayon or some other kind of scribbly instrument. The sword is progressively worse. If you expect to even cut bread with that thing, you're crazy. Grab a butter knife instead. The ammy, helm, and plate mail I could've done alternate versions of by just recoloring them in under 5 minutes, depending on how fast I can get all of the stuff inside the outlines selected, so don't tell me that you toiled over it. I know better.

And as for drows wearing plate... Why? = / (btw: in the second pic you posted, Oozaru, the male character is wearing girl armor. Might wanna fix that.) Red's not even much of a drow color, much less the brownish shade on the character. Shades of a darker blue would suit 'em better, unless you are completely shooting for the walking piece of crap look.

MasterNuke
09-22-2005, 03:34 PM
You have create a female sprite version of the armor as well.

From what I can remember... drows are very strong despite their medium-small physique appearance. Thus, heavy armor never really did slow them down. Also, they crafted black adamantium weapons and armor, which were very strong, but they disintegrated in the daylight. Perhaps you could use those brownish graphics to represent a sort of "pre-exposed adamantium" where a different method was used to produce weapons and armor from adamantium that can exist in the daylight at the cost of quality and weight.

Dunno. Just my two cents.

StrykerTFFD
09-22-2005, 04:26 PM
If the brown color was used on uniquely made graphics for the reason Ed posted, then I'd say good job.

But the first picture...just looks like somebody took a dump on a paladin helmet and platemail. :\

The second image, the uh..sword..bit too much on the jaggedness. The Armor? Problems already stated in other posts.

SayianOozaru
09-22-2005, 04:45 PM
i colored the armor wrong :\...o ya, and Etien asked for the sword to be jagged like that :whatever:

Draenin
09-22-2005, 04:46 PM
I took a whack at recoloring the shield to the colors I was talking about.

I wish that cloaks / robes / etc had gfx on GK. Those would be a bit more fitting to the Drow.

Also... I dunno why so many kingdoms think that plate is 'the ****.' (Self-Edit. Whee.) I see nothing wrong with using chain mail or otherwise, especially if your kingdom's primary race is known for using it. Draxx made plate for Forest, and once again, I was just thinking to myself, "Why? Chain would work out so much better, and would be a lot cooler, as well." In my opinion, the most suitable armor for each kingdom would be:

Bel'la Olplyn - Robes, Cloaks, Chainmail, other light armor.
Forest - Same as above.
Dustari - Plate Mail
Crescent Pirates - Vests, Coats, Jackets, etc. (Not in existence, but wouldn't be hard to implement once robes actually had gfx.)
Samurai - Tousei-Gosoku, (http://www.kozando.co.jp/catarog/busho/n_kansuke.jpg) Kabuto (The helmet.)

Felix_Xenophobe
09-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Bel'la Olplyn - Robes, Cloaks, Chainmail, other light armor.
Forest - Same as above.
Dustari - Plate Mail
Crescent Pirates - Vests, Coats, Jackets, etc. (Not in existence, but wouldn't be hard to implement once robes actually had gfx.)
Samurai - Tousei-Gosoku, (http://www.kozando.co.jp/catarog/busho/n_kansuke.jpg) Kabuto (The helmet.)
i could try to make some of that when i have time ^^

StrykerTFFD
09-22-2005, 05:22 PM
Since people are deciding to do some graphics.

Somebody please for the love of God redo the platemail of Power graphics. It's teal. TEAL. !pissed!

*glitches it to be invisible*

Felix_Xenophobe
09-22-2005, 05:30 PM

Somebody please for the love of God redo the platemail of Power graphics. It's teal. TEAL. !pissed!

*glitches it to be invisible*
what do you want it to look like?

Butz
09-22-2005, 06:46 PM
i colored the armor wrong :\...o ya, and Etien asked for the sword to be jagged like that :whatever:

There's a difference between a jagged blade, and a piece of scrap metal with a handle. If you managed to actually cut anyone with that, you'd have a hell of a time pulling it out again. Not exactly fitting for a quick battle weapon like a sword.

Arrows are barbed because they are meant to stay in the person. Swords are not, unless you're going to carry around disposable swords. >.>

Ignore the buffoons, they're awesome. They're just jealous, because their kingdom isn't as active.

Go away. This thread is all about the graphics, not about you starting things. The fact remains is that the graphics he commented on are simply recolors, which means that they're not awesome. It's not jealousy, it's making a point that they would be much better if they were something new, and not recolored versions of current graphics.

Now, Andy, in case you can't grasp that in paragraph form (which you seem to show elsewhere):

Recolors = Bad, no matter how "well" they're recolored.
Quality New Graphics = Awesome.

Draenin
09-22-2005, 06:57 PM
Instead of a jagged sword, try a jagged hilt. Drows are all 'bout spiders 'n' stuff, so guess what you could have on the hilt? ;] The blade should really be normal, since drows don't really use any unusual kind of sword, apart from maybe dual scimitars, which wouldn't be possible anyway.

StrykerTFFD
09-22-2005, 06:57 PM
what do you want it to look like?

Well, I don't know if other people like having a teal platemail, so I'll keep quiet until other people insert their opinions. :redface:

Debaglio
09-22-2005, 07:27 PM
The jagged blade, is pretty long. I like the colors, maybe shorten it a bit and add a spider to the hilt.

The robe/armor idea is one that I have wanted to see for a while now.

Still looking for the helmet from hell. Evil Helmets!

Draenin
09-22-2005, 07:30 PM
The robe would probably have to have a substantial amount of AC, considering the fact that it covers the head. In this fashion, a helmet could be unwearable, but made up for by the robe's added AC / Stats.

The jaggedness of the blade needs to be worked on. The blade looks very lopsided, and almost like torn paper. Consider stuff on the following page for designs. (Googled results ftw. ;])

http://home.att.net/~steven.licata/swords2.html

Googi
09-22-2005, 07:31 PM
They're just jealous, because their kingdom isn't as active.

http://www.nationofbob.com/images/iraqimario.gif

Draenin
09-22-2005, 07:36 PM
I am flabberghasted.

Zero Hour
09-22-2005, 07:42 PM
The orb is larger on the side than it is on the front, see also many other errors.

Shut up! It looked good on the white background on MS Paint, and I had like... 50 other armours to recolor/add detail too! :P
e: Also, I did recolor it before, I made a super-hot black armour, was VERY sexy... dunno where it is now, I just know they didn't update the images x_x

Draenin
09-22-2005, 07:56 PM
I added a little eye to the shield. Haven't fixed the orb sizing yet, though. The problem is that the front view of it has a narrower orb, while the left and right views have a wider one. My best suggestion would probably be to widen the eye area out and to make sure that both width and height on the circle are the same diameter in terms of pixels.

xAndrewx
09-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Go away. This thread is all about the graphics, not about you starting things. The fact remains is that the graphics he commented on are simply recolors, which means that they're not awesome. It's not jealousy, it's making a point that they would be much better if they were something new, and not recolored versions of current graphics.

Now, Andy, in case you can't grasp that in paragraph form (which you seem to show elsewhere):

Recolors = Bad, no matter how "well" they're recolored.
Quality New Graphics = Awesome.
You've just started something with the statement 'Go away.'
I think they're good, most of GK is re-coloured. It's better then no graphic at all.
Nah, I got it fine. It's Stryker who doesn't understand paragraphs.

Draenin
09-22-2005, 11:10 PM
I think they're good, most of GK is re-coloured. It's better then no graphic at all.Hah. Recolors should only be used when people are pressed for time. And in this case, we're not. So be quiet and let us put in some constructive criticism instead of dismissing the gfx as being perfect because, believe me, they are far from it. It's better to improve something rather than leaving it in its original state. It applies to writing, music, art, etc. and it applies here as well.

Zero Hour
09-22-2005, 11:18 PM
It applies to art, etc. and it applies here as well.
I know for a fact that, with some art pieces, you have to stop.

I feel comfortable assuming this applies to all the other things you mentioned.

Draenin
09-22-2005, 11:36 PM
Yeah, but do you really think it should be left at just this? The shield looks like the only thing that time was even put into making. I mean, these are kingdom items, not just stuff that you can obtain via alchemy.

There's potential here, so why not use it?

SayianOozaru
09-23-2005, 01:08 AM
well...lemme show u the picture i'm going off of :\

Spiker
09-23-2005, 01:14 AM
This is weird, and i thought all *** posts would be deleted, *****, forget that

StrykerTFFD
09-23-2005, 01:43 AM
Nah, I got it fine. It's Stryker who doesn't understand paragraphs.

Another swing at me that doesn't even make sense considering it's not true. :rolleyes:

The sword you're going off of isn't as ...well..hm. Your image, look at the top curve of the blade. It's much more curved than the picture you're going by.

Zero Hour
09-23-2005, 01:57 AM
That's really very bad. As much as you may not like it, at that scale you're going to have to throw away your precision detail and proportion.

I think the whole "LOL DROWS! GET IT!?" idea should just be dropped, but I'm just a GP, I don't run any kingdom administration :)

StrykerTFFD
09-23-2005, 02:13 AM
In my opinion, the way Graal is made, or the way it's made to look, there's no real way to make a slim, long sword without it looking funky.

Draenin
09-23-2005, 02:14 AM
I think the whole "LOL DROWS! GET IT!?" idea should just be dropped, but I'm just a GP, I don't run any kingdom administration You just made a little dragon happy, Zero. ^^

Zero Hour
09-23-2005, 03:31 AM
In my opinion, the way Graal is made, or the way it's made to look, there's no real way to make a slim, long sword without it looking funky.
Negative :)

Vlad and I worked on a nice spanish sword that never got used. I'm sure he still has the files if he happens to prowl this thread.

Debaglio
09-23-2005, 03:43 AM
I think the whole "LOL DROWS! GET IT!?" idea should just be dropped, but I'm just a GP, I don't run any kingdom administration :)

What is this supposed to mean?

StrykerTFFD
09-23-2005, 04:49 AM
Negative :)

Vlad and I worked on a nice spanish sword that never got used. I'm sure he still has the files if he happens to prowl this thread.

Really? I would love to see it. ^^

MasterNuke
09-23-2005, 05:57 AM
Curved blades are difficult to make well on GK

SayianOozaru
09-23-2005, 08:06 AM
Another swing at me that doesn't even make sense considering it's not true. :rolleyes:

The sword you're going off of isn't as ...well..hm. Your image, look at the top curve of the blade. It's much more curved than the picture you're going by.

...i ran outta room, and wasn't sure, if i was able to make the blade longer, but Etien want's the blade shorter, so it'll be fixed :)

*Edit

made the blade smaller...

Draenin
09-23-2005, 10:38 AM
Also, I did recolor it before, I made a super-hot black armour, was VERY sexy... dunno where it is now, I just know they didn't update the images Was this it? (See below)

Also, if you want to see what a drow sword should look like, I suggest you take a look at this replica of the infamous drow sword 'Icingdeath.' It would go well with the color edit of the shield I presented.http://www.weaponmasters.com/images//products/WM/WM-2177L.jpg
The problem with the design of Oozaru's sword is that it's too intricate to shrink down. If you ever take a full size 2048x1536 wallpaper and try to bring it down to 640x480, you'd know what I mean.

xAndrewx
09-23-2005, 11:19 AM
Hah. Recolors should only be used when people are pressed for time. And in this case, we're not. So be quiet and let us put in some constructive criticism instead of dismissing the gfx as being perfect because, believe me, they are far from it. It's better to improve something rather than leaving it in its original state. It applies to writing, music, art, etc. and it applies here as well.
The only thing I don't like is that sword, it's not good. Everything else I can live with.
When you're re-coloring, you're trying improving it. Why would you re-color it, to down de-grade it? :rolleyes:

Splke
09-23-2005, 11:22 AM
That sword makes me hunger. Hunger for swords. I'm hungry. I think I'll make some Chef.

Oh right, the graphic sucks. Sorry. Try making each view, instead of flipping and rotating ****.

Draenin
09-23-2005, 11:41 AM
When you're re-coloring, you're trying improving it.Recoloring is not trying very hard. (No offense, Zero. Sometimes it's necessary, like I said.) It's putting an image into a paint program and using a few tools to change the colors of the item in less than 5 minutes.

Zero Hour
09-23-2005, 02:29 PM
Was this it? (See below)

Also, if you want to see what a drow sword should look like, I suggest you take a look at this replica of the infamous drow sword 'Icingdeath.' It would go well with the color edit of the shield I presented.http://www.weaponmasters.com/images//products/WM/WM-2177L.jpg
The problem with the design of Oozaru's sword is that it's too intricate to shrink down. If you ever take a full size 2048x1536 wallpaper and try to bring it down to 640x480, you'd know what I mean.
*looks at sword* I knew they were supposed to look like that, not that crazy other thing.

And no, that's my "God Armour" which I made for Jagen.

Draenin
09-23-2005, 02:41 PM
And no, that's my "God Armour" which I made for Jagen.
Proof that you guys don't share the love. ; _ ;

;]

Zero Hour
09-23-2005, 06:39 PM
Proof that you guys don't share the love. ; _ ;

;]
That's from when I pixellated quite frequently, so doing a thing like that was a matter of minutes...

xAndrewx
09-23-2005, 07:00 PM
Recoloring is not trying very hard. (No offense, Zero. Sometimes it's necessary, like I said.) It's putting an image into a paint program and using a few tools to change the colors of the item in less than 5 minutes.
I didn't say it was hard to do.

Draenin
09-23-2005, 10:50 PM
That's from when I pixellated quite frequently, so doing a thing like that was a matter of minutes... Awesome. I need to agitate you enough into doing graphics that often again so that maybe perhaps we could work on revisions for stuff. ;] (And by 'we,' I don't mean just you alone. I'd like to chip in on makin' stuff look better too if I can!)

Zero Hour
09-23-2005, 11:15 PM
Awesome. I need to agitate you enough into doing graphics that often again so that maybe perhaps we could work on revisions for stuff. ;] (And by 'we,' I don't mean just you alone. I'd like to chip in on makin' stuff look better too if I can!)
You're forgetting that I'm tres lazy.

SayianOozaru
09-24-2005, 05:22 AM
hmmm, re-did the shield completly...went for a more "Hellish" look i guess...Etien said the color's where either going to be Dark green or Dark red, so i made the eyes, Dark red, and i made some of the shield, Dark green :)

Zero Hour
09-24-2005, 05:41 AM
hmmm, re-did the shield completly...went for a more "Hellish" look i guess...Etien said the color's where either going to be Dark green or Dark red, so i made the eyes, Dark red, and i made some of the shield, Dark green :)
It's not very elegant, which I believe elfs of ANY type intend to be?

SayianOozaru
09-24-2005, 08:10 AM
Etien wanted us to look evil, with our armor on.

DarkFireXZ3
09-24-2005, 08:19 AM
Heh, It'd be useful to have Graphic Artists that are very good for my server the one i have isn't the best.. i need a different tileset then we have now or that it just needs some editing but. Those images do look a little off colored.

SayianOozaru
09-24-2005, 08:37 AM
the shield does?

Splke
09-24-2005, 09:49 AM
Drow's tend to like sharp curves and black, webbed armor/shields. Try to go for a more a mesh look on the armor, andthe shield with wicked curves..? idk

SayianOozaru
09-24-2005, 10:20 AM
there are alot of curves...re-did everything + some...lemme no what u think...

SayianOozaru
09-24-2005, 11:40 AM
sry for the double post, but not everything would fit in the last post.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33605
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33602&stc=1
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33603&stc=1
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33604&stc=1
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33606&stc=1

Draenin
09-24-2005, 12:52 PM
The sword's looking a wee bit better, but the gloves, boots, cloak, and bracers... not so much. Remember what I said about plain recolors.

Also, I'm gonna revise this gear, to look to this post for 'em. The Forest stuff being developed is already green, so I'm stickin' to the blue recolorings. I'll gradually add to the listings below.

Notes: (So far)

- Added legs to the spiderish icon on the ring. It was looking very similar to either an icon of Bowser or Like the one on a Dungeon key on Zelda: A Link to the Past.
- Did the eye thing to the shield, but already posted it once. ;]
- Changed the colors on the ring itself, but kept the moss, because I think it's a nice touch.
- Changed the color on the sword. I am debating on whether or not to add more detail.

Splke
09-24-2005, 03:05 PM
sword looks alittle bit better.. it might be abit too dark, though. and green really isn't a 'drow' color, they're alot more about black and silver. I hate to say it but you're getting better as you re-do it. keep it up.

ps: belt on page 4 looks better then drae's or your second attempt.

Zero Hour
09-24-2005, 04:49 PM
You recolored my gloves and cloak, I'll have your head!

Splke
09-24-2005, 09:34 PM
er, wait.. you're making Drow rings? Haha, I'm going to love to see what kindof God Moding rings Etien tries to make.

Debaglio
09-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Sayian, I always like your re-do's. It seems like they get better everytime. I noticed that on your zone GFX too.

We should use Black, Red, and Silver for the GFX, since forest is claiming the green.

I like the icon, but Drae has a point. It looks bowserish. With his leg' addition it looked better, giving it more of a spider look.

The bracers look like there is somthing missing.

Spike is correct about the shield. It needs to be more jagged, and elegant. Here is a picture to go by. Also I have included an example of the cloak, hood and a rough boot.

As far as the sword, try a single edge.
Keep it it coming.

Splke
09-24-2005, 10:12 PM
Those sprites would make me join Bella. Seriously. lol

SayianOozaru
09-24-2005, 11:07 PM
lemme work on em'

Googi
09-25-2005, 12:57 AM
I don't see the point of this. Even if the kingdom survived long enough and even if someone was actually willing to upload it, no kingdom ever gets this many items.

SayianOozaru
09-25-2005, 01:03 AM
Well, someone said earlier in the thread, that instead of us using normal armor, we'd use smaller items, that would make up for the stats of normal armor...

Debaglio
09-25-2005, 01:11 AM
I like the sword! The boots look good too.

zim5354
09-25-2005, 02:34 AM
I don't see the point of this. Even if the kingdom survived long enough and even if someone was actually willing to upload it, no kingdom ever gets this many items.

maybe there just putting them all here and will pick out three or four or something.

SayianOozaru
09-25-2005, 04:15 AM

jelous maybe?:rolleyes:

also finished the hood, i guess this shows on the player, when there wearing the cloak?

StrykerTFFD
09-25-2005, 05:19 AM
The cloak hood would have to be a helmet wouldn't it?

Googi
09-25-2005, 05:39 AM
jelous maybe?:rolleyes:

Yeah, I really want your drow items :rolleyes:

I wouldn't use a Bel'la Olplyn pencil.

Zero Hour
09-25-2005, 05:50 AM
Hey, I'm usually an ass about graphics - but some of these are ACTUALLY good!

Draenin
09-25-2005, 06:08 AM
Spiker, the sword in post 70 looks like a Tainted Grace clone. Stick with the double edge. Seriously. It looked a helluva lot cooler. Also, the boots in that same post were a little too dark. Details with that kind of color would be almost impossible to see. Rather than going for the 'goth kid'-y look, you guys should really go for something very dark and mysterious looking that will allow you to play with details more, because that's what can separate a mediocre-looking item from an excellent one. Also, if you need ideas on bracers, here's one I did detailing on for Forest...

(Note the vines wrapping around the bracers, flower sprouting from one, etc. If it helps you any, try covering something like the cloak with a spider web mesh. And I seriously think the original shield design was better. With the eye addition, it reminded me of a Gohma from the Zelda series. The new shield has nice detail, but so much to where I can't even tell what it is without having to zoom in 8x or more.)

SayianOozaru
09-25-2005, 06:28 AM
The cloak hood would have to be a helmet wouldn't it?

No, it'll just show up when u put the cloak on. I think that's how Etien and Kefkin wanted it.

Zero Hour
09-25-2005, 06:31 AM
No, it'll just show up when u put the cloak on. I think that's how Etien and Kefkin wanted it.
Hmmm wonder if they can do that, probably.

Debaglio
09-25-2005, 06:54 AM
I think the hood will have to be seperate from the cloak. I really like it. That is exactly what I had imagined. Sayian keep up the good work.

Felix_Xenophobe
09-25-2005, 08:01 AM
i really love that cloak hood

SayianOozaru
09-25-2005, 09:20 AM
Hey, I'm usually an ass about graphics - but some of these are ACTUALLY good!

thanks ^^

i really love that cloak hood

Thanks ^^

also did the cloak and the shield...i don't really like the shield though :\

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/1552/sayianbellapic2xz.gif

also i re-posted everything, i think...

DarkFireXZ3
09-25-2005, 09:23 AM
Very good sort of GFX i love the sword, not so much of the shield the rest is fine. :D

SayianOozaru
09-25-2005, 10:48 AM
ya i don't like the shield either...i think the other one was better...i like this one better...

Krattos
09-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Nice Work Again Saiyajin

SayianOozaru
09-25-2005, 11:31 AM
:D thanks :D...where'd u see my work the first time?

Felix_Xenophobe
09-25-2005, 04:46 PM
:O some of the angles aren't finished.

Splke
09-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Looks like a claw, doesn't belong to Drows if it is, then.

Shield (in screenshots) reminded me of a bug carapace.

Hood is going to need to change the hair-style, and it most definately should just be a "cloak" equip. It's a CLOAK, God forbid people use a hood as a helm GFX. I like the idea, but something needs to be done with the head to make it look good.

Sword looks.. too.. thick? Yeah.

Draenin
09-25-2005, 06:48 PM
I liked the third shield revision better than the second. The third shield looks like a giant spider, while the second... I still need to figure out. :p

The hood looks alright, but you might wanna set the hole for it a tad bit lower. There's a lot of forehead showing on your character, when there should be very little. The hat's got a great shape, I just think you should get the shades matching.

And just to reiterate... try to double-edge the sword so that it doesn't look like a rip-off of TG if you're gonna go with gray.

Debaglio
09-25-2005, 10:01 PM
That shield looks kinda like a beetle. It should look like scales. The hood looks good, you should make it drape down a little more over the face to only show the nose and mouth.

I am interested to see the cloak/armor gfx.

SayianOozaru
09-27-2005, 08:52 AM
ya...i'm having trouble making the shield look like scales...

SayianOozaru
09-30-2005, 07:25 AM
!!! well i like the cloak body, but lemme no what u guys think(this cloak covers the body and legs, but not the feet :) )

*Edit

also added what it'd look like "in-game"...now i gotta finish the shield, and it'll all be done :)

Splke
09-30-2005, 08:28 AM
It needs to remove the hair, seriously.

It looks good, looks like really good armor. I don't like what you did with the left shoulder (right, from our point of view) though.

SayianOozaru
09-30-2005, 08:32 AM
what'd i do to it? :frown:

o and i finished that shield:cool: also edited the pic to show it ;)

Splke
09-30-2005, 08:43 AM
That's exellent. Get the hood fixed (to where it shows no hair) and show us alternate positions (left, right, facing up) so we can see how it looks all around.

SayianOozaru
09-30-2005, 05:05 PM
there :)

http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/3523/sayianbellasuited38ka.gif

OasaTor_PK
09-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Sweet, looking great sayian.

Craigus
09-30-2005, 06:24 PM
That gear looks awesome man :) great work.

xAndrewx
09-30-2005, 06:45 PM
there :)

http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/3523/sayianbellasuited38ka.gif
That's hot, I didn't like your zone graphics much, but this one is just 'ka-pow'.

Draenin
09-30-2005, 07:22 PM
Shield looks funky, but everything else is rather sexy. Still wish you'd go with the double-edge, though.

Waltz5
09-30-2005, 07:41 PM
The shield looks rather bulky and I don't think it should wrap around the person's back so far like that.

Splke
09-30-2005, 11:18 PM
It could be alittle bit thinner, but the only problem I have is the sword.

I would go with a lighter color, and a thinner appearance. Probably like a Scimitar..

SayianOozaru
10-01-2005, 12:41 AM
not sure what u guys mean by a "double edge sword" or w/e, or a Scimitar :(

Etien, i think i'm going to keep the shield like this, the sheild i make when i go off your example, looks retarded. O and i finished the "look likes" sry about only having 2 earlier, i had 2 min to do that...had to catch the bus :frown:

Draenin
10-04-2005, 11:26 PM
I redid everything and put it all together to give you an idea of what I meant.

A lot of stuff is just pasted on, so bear with me. I am thinking that the blue blade in the picture could be animated to glow every once in a while.

Zero Hour
10-04-2005, 11:48 PM
That's nice Draenin, aswell as the other one too :)

SayianOozaru
10-05-2005, 12:40 AM
but Etien and Kefkin wanted it black :(

Draenin
10-05-2005, 02:19 AM
The older stuff looks better, and doesn't give drows the 'goth kid' appeal. Most of the time, drows wear cool colors, not all black.

Examples:
http://www.jamesryman.com/fantasy/gallery/Drow%20cover%20final%202.jpg
http://www.elfemagie.com/images/drows/zaral/mage%20drow.jpg
http://members.tripod.com/sil_shadow/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/sig-drow-nw.jpg
http://hometown.aol.com/lokinwrathe/images/drow.jpg

This is why I suggest the blueish colors rather than just plain black, because, frankly, black gets rather dull after so long.

Wind_Master
10-05-2005, 04:10 AM
The older stuff looks better, and doesn't give drows the 'goth kid' appeal. Most of the time, drows wear cool colors, not all black.

Examples:
http://www.jamesryman.com/fantasy/gallery/Drow%20cover%20final%202.jpg
http://www.elfemagie.com/images/drows/zaral/mage%20drow.jpg
http://members.tripod.com/sil_shadow/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/sig-drow-nw.jpg
http://hometown.aol.com/lokinwrathe/images/drow.jpg

This is why I suggest the blueish colors rather than just plain black, because, frankly, black gets rather dull after so long.

Ya, those goths will be the death of us all......

SayianOozaru
10-05-2005, 06:52 AM
half of those pics din' even show up for me :'( but there were mostly black/a drak grey blue...which is pretty much blackish...

Draenin
10-05-2005, 06:53 AM
Ya, those goths will be the death of us all......
Shush, you. >= o

<3

Wind_Master
10-05-2005, 06:55 AM
Shush, you. >= o

<3

Rofl. Why are you goth? :confused:

SayianOozaru
10-05-2005, 07:00 AM
Hey, Pip's Goth >:( If They Don't Wanna Believe In God Then W/e They'll Be Burnin In Hell, But Don't Get On Em' About It. Like Bosh Told Me Earlier "keep Your Opinions To Yourself, About Things Like That"

Draenin
10-05-2005, 07:00 AM
Rofl. Why are you goth? :confused:Rofl. Why are you really the master of the wind? -_-

I don't really consider myself to be in any subculture. I am pretty sure Debaglio is gother than anyone on the forums, though, what with him being in the bloods and likin' to dress in all black all the time. =] Don't forget the piercings...

Wind_Master
10-05-2005, 07:03 AM
Rofl. Why are you goth? :confused:Rofl. Why are you really the master of the wind? -_-

I don't really consider myself to be in any subculture. I am pretty sure Debaglio is gother than anyone on the forums, though, what with him being in the bloods and likin' to dress in all black all the time. =] Don't forget the piercings...

Nice job quoting....

Neways I was just asking. Being goth is scary. If 10 goths are comin at me im takin off.

Draenin
10-05-2005, 07:08 AM
Note: Most goths are weak gamer kids. ;]

xAndrewx
10-05-2005, 09:04 AM
I think it would be better, the blue ones. The gray is too 'overused' on GK.

Draenin
10-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Yeah, really.

Wind_Master
10-06-2005, 12:09 AM
Note: Most goths are weak gamer kids. ;]

Their wierd though. No offense to anyone.

SayianOozaru
10-09-2005, 10:28 AM
...stop goin off topic, plz :(

o and Etien asked for me to use Draenin's GFx as examples on how he wanted this shield to be recolored. So lemme no what you think...now to work on that hood :)

Wind_Master
10-09-2005, 05:58 PM
...stop goin off topic, plz :(

o and Etien asked for me to use Draenin's GFx as examples on how he wanted this shield to be recolored. So lemme no what you think...now to work on that hood :)

Looks preety good. But if you want a really good recolor I would go with orange and black for Halloween. ;)

SayianOozaru
10-10-2005, 08:06 AM
lol, this is for a kingdom, not for haloween xD. And i think this is what the hood should look like to match the shield?(still gotta fix it for Kefkin though...just showin the color)

Wind_Master
10-10-2005, 08:17 AM
lol, this is for a kingdom, not for haloween xD. And i think this is what the hood should look like to match the shield?(still gotta fix it for Kefkin though...just showin the color)

Meh, I try. Looks nice though.

Draenin
10-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Red clashes with blue, and not as well as you'd think...

Splke
10-10-2005, 11:18 AM
I think you went reaaaallllly downhill at mid page 8.

The shield needs to be redone, the sword needs to look more like http://www.rickterrysart.com/images/scimitar.gif this.

Also, forget that this is like, some space-ship.. think of these as claws, or talons. http://www.renaissance.virtualstartrek.com/features/technical_manual/images/scimitar_5-view.gif

That would be o'so ****in awesome.

Wind_Master
10-10-2005, 07:31 PM
WTH IS THAT THING!!!!

It looks like a metal sperm.

Brad
10-10-2005, 08:14 PM
WTH IS THAT THING!!!!

It looks like a metal sperm.

omg you read my mind!!!

SayianOozaru
10-12-2005, 01:34 AM
like that? but it wouldn't be a kingdom item x_x

Wind_Master
10-12-2005, 04:58 AM
like that? but it wouldn't be a kingdom item x_x

Its decent but still looks like a metal sperm. :frown:

Draenin
10-12-2005, 10:23 AM
like that? but it wouldn't be a kingdom item Reminds me a lot of the little prods you stick into meat in order to help with slicing it open. = / I hope I don't see a spatula next.

Butz
10-12-2005, 04:06 PM
Reminds me a lot of the little prods you stick into meat in order to help with slicing it open. = / I hope I don't see a spatula next.

That is:
Spatula of the Dark Queen (Int+1)(Cooking+Yummy)(George Foreman Grill = Yes)
It weights 4.75 kg
You would get laughed at for it.

OasaTor_PK
10-12-2005, 04:57 PM
That is:
Spatula of the Dark Queen (Int+1)(Cooking+Yummy)(George Foreman Grill = Yes)
It weights 4.75 kg
You would get laughed at for it.

You win, Bel'las item you win son, you win.

napo_p2p
10-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Red clashes with blue

Especially in L.A.

Draenin
10-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Especially in L.A.Or Alaska.

Butz
10-13-2005, 12:50 AM
Or Alaska.

Or in a Box Canyon in the middle of nowhere.

Splke
10-13-2005, 05:57 AM
Or in a Box Canyon in the middle of nowhere.

But not in your signature.

Draenin
10-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Agreed. The red and blue in Shawn's sig is awesome, but note that it's not necessarily on the same character.

Splke
10-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Just had to ruin the flow JUST ****ING HAD TO RUIN THE FLOW

<3

Draenin
10-13-2005, 01:12 PM
Wish I could make a job out of it...

Splke
10-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Work for Graal and you could :D

Butz
10-14-2005, 12:03 AM
but note that it's not necessarily on the same character.
I can neither confirm nor deny this.

Zero Hour
10-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Work for Graal and you could :D
;)