PDA

View Full Version : Class Points

Bl0nkt
08-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Well, I was thinking about how there is so little to do with war on Zone. Most of the time the players scurry around until they find someone to kill then engage in combat. I was thinking of creating a class point system for Zone that would enforce teamwork in Zone along with the proper use of classes.

We could put a "Class" column in the 'e' menu that lists your points. For every good thing you do you get an extra class point. At the end of the round, each class point counts towards 25 experience.

We'll start with medics.

Medic
There's a shortage of medics in Zone due to the slowness of them and lack of anything to do but heal people. I was thinking of this. I created a wounded gani that when a player is killed (with the exeptions of explosions), they fall to the ground wounded. When this happens, the medics radar shows a red cross icon (http://home.ripway.com/2005-7/344229/zone_wounded.PNG). The medic has 15 seconds to get there before the wounded soldier dies. If the medic heals him, he gets a class point. If a soldier is healed, he goes to 30 hp which could then be healed further by a medic. For every sum of 100hp healed by a medic, they earn another class point (this does not include if the soldier is dead).

Defender
The Defenders are meant to... well... defend. I see so many times the Defenders (what little there are of them) rampaging around like everyone else. The Defenders earn class points by defending friendly bases. For every two minutes they stand on a base, they earn a class point. For every enemy they kill within the radius of a friendly base, they earn a class point.

Marine
Marines, as I see them, are basically assault units. Marines gain a class point for every base they take over and a class point for every enemy they kill within the radius of an enemy base.

Grenadier
Grenadiers are generally the heavy artillery guys. They get a point for every enemy they kill with explosives and a point for every vehicle they destroy (a good reason to instate magnet mines). They can also possibly be doubled as a vehicle repair man. I'll be glad to make the gani if someone gives me some wrench gfx. Of course, repairing a vehicle will count as one class point.

Commando
The way I see, Commandos have no real purpose but to be the rambos of the army. For Commandos, they get a class point for every five kills they recieve.

Heavy and Light Infantry
These guys can double as resuppliers. They will be equiped with ammo bags and for every sum of 100 bullets they resupply, they earn a class point.

Misc.
These ideas are generally any other way to earn class points for all classes. For being in a squad (staying in a group of people walking around taking bases and such), for how many people are together at once, the quicker you earn class points.

For example-- There are three people roaming Zone in a group. Together, you take a base. The more people in that group, the more points you earn for taking a base, and defending bases.

So, whad'ya think? :)

Wind_Master
08-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Well, I was thinking about how there is so little to do with war on Zone. Most of the time the players scurry around until they find someone to kill then engage in combat. I was thinking of creating a class point system for Zone that would enforce teamwork in Zone along with the proper use of classes.

We could put a "Class" column in the 'e' menu that lists your points. For every good thing you do you get an extra class point. At the end of the round, each class point counts towards 25 experience.

We'll start with medics.

Medic
There's a shortage of medics in Zone due to the slowness of them and lack of anything to do but heal people. I was thinking of this. I created a wounded gani that when a player is killed (with the exeptions of explosions), they fall to the ground wounded. When this happens, the medics radar shows a red cross icon (http://home.ripway.com/2005-7/344229/zone_wounded.PNG). The medic has 15 seconds to get there before the wounded soldier dies. If the medic heals him, he gets a class point. If a soldier is healed, he goes to 30 hp which could then be healed further by a medic. For every sum of 100hp healed by a medic, they earn another class point (this does not include if the soldier is dead).

Defender
The Defenders are meant to... well... defend. I see so many times the Defenders (what little there are of them) rampaging around like everyone else. The Defenders earn class points by defending friendly bases. For every two minutes they stand on a base, they earn a class point. For every enemy they kill within the radius of a friendly base, they earn a class point.

Marine
Marines, as I see them, are basically assault units. Marines gain a class point for every base they take over and a class point for every enemy they kill within the radius of an enemy base.

Grenadier
Grenadiers are generally the heavy artillery guys. They get a point for every enemy they kill with explosives and a point for every vehicle they destroy (a good reason to instate magnet mines). They can also possibly be doubled as a vehicle repair man. I'll be glad to make the gani if someone gives me some wrench gfx. Of course, repairing a vehicle will count as one class point.

Commando
The way I see, Commandos have no real purpose but to be the rambos of the army. For Commandos, they get a class point for every five kills they recieve.

Heavy and Light Infantry
These guys can double as resuppliers. They will be equiped with ammo bags and for every sum of 100 bullets they resupply, they earn a class point.

Misc.
These ideas are generally any other way to earn class points for all classes. For being in a squad (staying in a group of people walking around taking bases and such), for how many people are together at once, the quicker you earn class points.

For example-- There are three people roaming Zone in a group. Together, you take a base. The more people in that group, the more points you earn for taking a base, and defending bases.

So, whad'ya think? :)

sounds good 2 me

bahamutstevetff
08-09-2005, 09:56 PM
brilliant idea, more 2 do on zone

Wind_Master
08-09-2005, 10:27 PM
brilliant idea, more 2 do on zone

ya it is a good idea and should b put in zone

juice188
08-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Blonkt for some reason i always look forward to seeing ur name on a thread, cuz i no off the bat its bound to be something good/funny
I found myself downloading ur gani before i even new what it was for or if i would want it or not

Crono
08-09-2005, 11:06 PM
Sounds good.

Bl0nkt
08-09-2005, 11:18 PM
Blonkt for some reason i always look forward to seeing ur name on a thread, cuz i no off the bat its bound to be something good/funny
I found myself downloading ur gani before i even new what it was for or if i would want it or not
<3

juice188
08-09-2005, 11:26 PM
If i might make a suggestion (Slap me if u do not like)
Instead of making classpoints toward exp, we should keep the bounties and make class points a possible way of buying ammo and stuff from vendor.
If not that possibly we could have an upgrade system that could make medics healing abilities stronger for about every 200 class points (Only 3 leves per upgrade per class)
Medics healing ability would go up 7 points for every of the 3 upgrades, Defenders would be able to take less damage from a hit << about 3 less dmg per upgrade (Marines same as Defneders). Gernaders can hold more gernades (4 gernades more per upgrade) Commandos can hold Medpacks << You are welcome 2 change commandos i couldnt think of any upgrades for them that wouldn't make them too lame that everyone would cry over. Finally light and heavy infantry can hold more ammo on the belts they sell (50 more ammo per upgrade).Tell me what you think, im open to people calling me noob and such

Bl0nkt
08-09-2005, 11:36 PM
If i might make a suggestion (Slap me if u do not like)
Instead of making classpoints toward exp, we should keep the bounties and make class points a possible way of buying ammo and stuff from vendor.
If not that possibly we could have an upgrade system that could make medics healing abilities stronger for about every 200 class points (Only 3 leves per upgrade per class)
Medics healing ability would go up 7 points for every of the 3 upgrades, Defenders would be able to take less damage from a hit << about 3 less dmg per upgrade (Marines same as Defneders). Gernaders can hold more gernades (4 gernades more per upgrade) Commandos can hold Medpacks << You are welcome 2 change commandos i couldnt think of any upgrades for them that wouldn't make them too lame that everyone would cry over. Finally light and heavy infantry can hold more ammo on the belts they sell (50 more ammo per upgrade).Tell me what you think, im open to people calling me noob and such
Actually, that idea led me to believe something to add on. Although it would require many weapons to be made, we could make class points unlock weapons for that particular class.

Like once the medic gets 1000 class points, they recieve an m16/m4. When a grenadier gets 2000 points, they get a grenade launcher.

juice188
08-09-2005, 11:38 PM
omg i had a good idea << maybe not good but it inspired some1 =D

Wind_Master
08-10-2005, 01:21 AM
Actually, that idea led me to believe something to add on. Although it would require many weapons to be made, we could make class points unlock weapons for that particular class.

Like once the medic gets 1000 class points, they recieve an m16/m4. When a grenadier gets 2000 points, they get a grenade launcher.

ummm...how about when medics get 1,000 points their medic healing thing takes no energy away and when they get 5,000 points their healing thing takes away no energy and heals them fully with 1 medic

Shadox
08-10-2005, 01:57 AM
I like the class points idea, especially cause im a commando and im good on the battlefield, i also <3 the medic idea so i know that if im dead i have a chance to live again. not that I die TOO often...*ahem* anyways nice job Bl0nkt u did it again ;)

Wind_Master
08-10-2005, 05:27 AM
I like the class points idea, especially cause im a commando and im good on the battlefield, i also <3 the medic idea so i know that if im dead i have a chance to live again. not that I die TOO often...*ahem* anyways nice job Bl0nkt u did it again ;)

so do u like my idea about medic???

someonesomewhere
08-10-2005, 05:38 AM
I did, and since trials can't save, and most people won't spend the time to get 1000 class points, healing and running won't get much worse, if at all.

Akoalin
08-10-2005, 07:18 AM
Friends would just be on opposite teams and take turns taking the bases... other than that it sounds fine.

Wind_Master
08-10-2005, 07:36 AM
Friends would just be on opposite teams and take turns taking the bases... other than that it sounds fine.

hmmm good point....damn.....i cant think of nething 2 help that

Bl0nkt
08-10-2005, 07:36 AM
That's why you save logs to RC and you check for rapid base captures. A good banning usually solves the issue. ;]

Wind_Master
08-10-2005, 07:40 AM
That's why you save logs to RC and you check for rapid base captures. A good banning usually solves the issue. ;]

how about not a good ban but how about a jail system (some1 posted that in another thread) so they can think about what they have done

Bl0nkt
08-10-2005, 07:40 AM
how about not a good ban but how about a jail system (some1 posted that in another thread) so they can think about what they have done
Never solved anything.

Wind_Master
08-10-2005, 07:41 AM
Never solved anything.

ya but i think a banning is 2 harsh....cause if some1 makes 1 mistake they get banned 4ever???

Bl0nkt
08-10-2005, 07:44 AM
ya but i think a banning is 2 harsh....cause if some1 makes 1 mistake they get banned 4ever???
Enough to scare them. I remember being a newb on Era and abusing a glitch to kill people. I got banned and started pleading things like "ogm i SWARE i did nto mean 2 hurt no ones feelins PLZ unban me!!"

I then haven't abused that glitch ever again. :|

someonesomewhere
08-10-2005, 08:21 AM
Eh, good point. I'll be making a thread shortly about this other glitch I found and used for a little bit x.x

Wind_Master
08-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Enough to scare them. I remember being a newb on Era and abusing a glitch to kill people. I got banned and started pleading things like "ogm i SWARE i did nto mean 2 hurt no ones feelins PLZ unban me!!"

I then haven't abused that glitch ever again. :|

ya but...lets say a p2p does this......he gets his p2p acc banned from zone 4ever??? i think their should b either a jail system or a short amount of banning time

1st offense=1 week
2nd offense=2 months
3rd offense=1 year

Bl0nkt
08-10-2005, 08:54 PM
ya but...lets say a p2p does this......he gets his p2p acc banned from zone 4ever??? i think their should b either a jail system or a short amount of banning time

1st offense=1 week
2nd offense=2 months
3rd offense=1 year
Well, by jailing I thought you meant a three hour jail time. Third offense should just be counted as a ban.

anubis_wing
08-11-2005, 04:08 AM

1st offense=1 week
2nd offense=2 months
3rd offense=1 year

Holy cow jin maybe 3 hours first time then gets like 2 days then a week then a month but 2 months on second offense that's a lil severe

rivals
08-11-2005, 05:21 AM
Stefan make this if u dont i will hunt u down Muahahahahahaha

Wind_Master
08-11-2005, 05:31 AM
Holy cow jin maybe 3 hours first time then gets like 2 days then a week then a month but 2 months on second offense that's a lil severe

3 hours is 2 much of a break....ppl would start doing it over and over again and ppl would have fun being in jail for only 3hrs

anubis_wing
08-11-2005, 06:01 AM
3 hours is 2 much of a break....ppl would start doing it over and over again and ppl would have fun being in jail for only 3hrs

You know what forget it ne ways i think u made some of the points to easy to get u'll have to redo a few of yer idea's cuz then u'd never see sum classes what about scout and goonadier i think they should play sum point as well

Wind_Master
08-11-2005, 06:04 AM
You know what forget it ne ways i think u made some of the points to easy to get u'll have to redo a few of yer idea's cuz then u'd never see sum classes what about scout and goonadier i think they should play sum point as well

scout= weapons do 2 dmg more for every 3k points u get with them(limit 9k)
goonadier= 2x faster for every 5k point u get with them (limit 15k)

Bl0nkt
08-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Alright... then how about you only get points for capturing a base every one minute?

Edit: I should also add that a soldier could only be revived twice before he dies.

Wind_Master
08-11-2005, 09:09 PM
Alright... then how about you only get points for capturing a base every one minute?

how about every 25 seconds

Bl0nkt
08-12-2005, 12:58 AM
how about every 25 seconds
Yea, I guess that sounds better.

Wind_Master
08-12-2005, 03:14 AM
Yea, I guess that sounds better.

i was thinking and....what if some1 capturs the winning base and u cant touch it for 25 seconds so ull team will problly alway lose

Bl0nkt
08-12-2005, 03:47 AM
i was thinking and....what if some1 capturs the winning base and u cant touch it for 25 seconds so ull team will problly alway lose
I don't understand a word you just said.

Another idea: Having to hoist flags to take bases. Touching and leaving is just... ehh...

Wind_Master
08-12-2005, 07:25 PM
I don't understand a word you just said.

Another idea: Having to hoist flags to take bases. Touching and leaving is just... ehh...

ummm ok....im saying that if some1 is on sweep fleet and lets say all sweep fleet needs to do 2 win is to get b5...and when they do get b5...storm riders cant touch that base for 25 seconds....so sweep fleet would problly win

Bl0nkt
08-12-2005, 09:54 PM
ummm ok....im saying that if some1 is on sweep fleet and lets say all sweep fleet needs to do 2 win is to get b5...and when they do get b5...storm riders cant touch that base for 25 seconds....so sweep fleet would problly win
That's a terrible idea. There's no background to why you can't touch it for 25 seconds and the whole idea to take bases is so you don't lose.

Wind_Master
08-12-2005, 10:17 PM
That's a terrible idea. There's no background to why you can't touch it for 25 seconds and the whole idea to take bases is so you don't lose.

THAT WASNT AN IDEA!!!!! u said they cant touch 1 base for more than 1 time per minute.....THE TEAM WHO HAS NO BASES WOULD ALWAYS LOSE

MisterMastermind
08-13-2005, 03:02 AM
well since thre's no use for that white flag you should put a symbol of ur team on it then have to wield that to claim the base.

Wind_Master
08-13-2005, 03:52 AM
well since thre's no use for that white flag you should put a symbol of ur team on it then have to wield that to claim the base.

the white flag shoul b used 2 create a treat which whoever pulled out the white flag will automatically b sent 2 a team prison...until they can excape and defeat whoever is guarding it

anubis_wing
08-14-2005, 04:32 PM
the white flag shoul b used 2 create a treat which whoever pulled out the white flag will automatically b sent 2 a team prison...until they can excape and defeat whoever is guarding it
BLECH horrible idea i like blonkt's idea of the flag on the base maybe they should put it down with s on a base only it stays there and counts as sum 1 staying on and has like 15 or 30 hp and the have to destroy it the other team to capture the base then stand on it but only like special classes can access it like medic or defender ^^

Bl0nkt
08-14-2005, 06:57 PM
I could make a gani for the flag capture if it's added.

anubis_wing
08-14-2005, 08:07 PM
I could make a gani for the flag capture if it's added.
HEH coool u should be a zone admin and maybe they could teach u how to MAKE stuff ;)

Bl0nkt
08-14-2005, 10:50 PM
HEH coool u should be a zone admin and maybe they could teach u how to MAKE stuff ;)
What do you mean teach me how to make stuff? :x

I'd be neat to have some GS2 lessons by Stefan. Too bad it aint gonna happen. <:[

someonesomewhere
08-15-2005, 02:51 AM
It'd be neat if someone told me how to check transparancies. Like right now.

Bl0nkt
08-15-2005, 03:21 AM
It'd be neat if someone told me how to check transparancies. Like right now.
I don't know how to do .png transparency.

I know how to transparent a .gif format.

someonesomewhere
08-15-2005, 03:51 AM
Pm it to me then?

MisterMastermind
08-15-2005, 05:22 AM
I don't know how to do .png transparency.

I know how to transparent a .gif format.
if you understand a word of this png. gfif. stuff just say "aye" and maybe explain the difference to me.... much appreciation

someonesomewhere
08-15-2005, 06:39 PM
There really isn't too much difference from what I can tell, but some .gif files have small animations in them, like a blink, hair moving, etc. And most of the .gif files I see have better quality than .png

Dante55555
08-16-2005, 01:01 AM

We'll start with medics.

Medic

Defender

Marine

I like the idea of not dieng straight away after .. well dieng lol cause disapearing sux they could make it look better and stupid noobs bringing me ammo would be a help.. well not to me cause my ammo is maxed and i rarely ever run out but could help wen im dueling trails like muroku en stuff.. well i say briliant idea :)

Bl0nkt
08-16-2005, 03:07 AM
I like the idea of not dieng straight away after .. well dieng lol cause disapearing sux they could make it look better and stupid noobs bringing me ammo would be a help.. well not to me cause my ammo is maxed and i rarely ever run out but could help wen im dueling trails like muroku en stuff.. well i say briliant idea :)
Thank you. :]

Dante55555
08-16-2005, 06:53 PM
Like its gonna be added tho u know stefan never replys to any of these.. =/

ryohazuki90
08-16-2005, 06:58 PM
Great idea i like it alot.... but i think that it would only really work in icrica.... i mean i like roaming around on alpha alone soemtimes but i love the idea of having a class... if only medics were faster id be one in a heartbeat!

Milky

Dante55555
08-17-2005, 03:09 AM
Great idea i like it alot.... but i think that it would only really work in icrica.... i mean i like roaming around on alpha alone soemtimes but i love the idea of having a class... if only medics were faster id be one in a heartbeat!

Milky

Iricia these days seems to be everyones favourite anyway i know its myn i hate zone wars lol

anubis_wing
08-17-2005, 05:55 AM
Iricia these days seems to be everyones favourite anyway i know its myn i hate zone wars lol
IRICIA PWNS CLASS POINT PWNS PUT THEM TOGETHER AND WHAT U GET...........SUPER PWNAGE :cool: >_< :spam:

FreakyQueen
08-17-2005, 06:10 AM
about the medic, i dont think medics should be able to heal people if they arnt dead. OR, they can, but its -real- slow.
i dont know about forcing people to go in groups though.. i mean, people go in groups cause they are STRONGER. you shouldnt 'force' (give them incentives like class points) to do this. or guard bases or anything.
instead, the classes should be MADE to do this, like defenders work best staying at a base (like the rocket launcher. it only works from bases.. so.. duh, defenders stay on bases to use this.)
change the classes equipment, not how they score points. that will make people fit a 'role' for the team.

Bl0nkt
08-17-2005, 06:18 AM
Yea, they could go in groups if they wanna get points faster. Enough said.

ryohazuki90
08-17-2005, 03:59 PM
IRICIA PWNS CLASS POINT PWNS PUT THEM TOGETHER AND WHAT U GET...........SUPER PWNAGE :cool: >_< :spam:

actually i prefer a good war on alpha over icrica anyday. so did dark soul fo rthe longest time but of coarse now he loves icrica as much as teh next guy.. yup alpha's a dying world but i still love it.

Milky ^^

Dante55555
08-17-2005, 09:28 PM
I think medics should be able to hand out atleast 1 free medipac to each person xD going bk to base and gettin more meds is a real drag..
Sooo Hachi u actualy think u can get stefan to add this? cause i dont

Bl0nkt
08-17-2005, 09:40 PM
I think medics should be able to hand out atleast 1 free medipac to each person xD going bk to base and gettin more meds is a real drag..
Sooo Hachi u actualy think u can get stefan to add this? cause i dont
Stefan seems to never reply to my threads. :[

anubis_wing
08-17-2005, 09:42 PM
Stefan seems to never reply to my threads. :[
LOL he hasnt responded to my message or thread how u think i feel ne ways maybe he has enuf work to do now i mean along with the makin of v4 AND constantly updating GK (his Fav place ii bet) he just is too busy to come and look at yer GODLY ideas

Dante55555
08-17-2005, 11:45 PM
Not responded to any of myn either but he replyed to venoms post the 1st day it was on there so.. maybe he just responds to GFX?

anubis_wing
08-18-2005, 03:24 AM
Not responded to any of myn either but he replyed to venoms post the 1st day it was on there so.. maybe he just responds to GFX?
Yeah i saw oh and those 200+ kills i helped u get them!

Dante55555
08-18-2005, 06:34 PM
U helped me get it? lol i gave u the bounty! xD

Btw does Milky have a thing for Bart or something? lol

Smutastic
08-18-2005, 06:54 PM
MAKING THREADS POINTLESS IS SO AWESOME LOL!!!111

http://www.tallywacker.co.uk/images/priceless/Funny%20Sign.jpg

Err.. anyways, good job, Hachi.

zim5354
08-18-2005, 07:05 PM
hachi your idea sounds alot like battlefield 2

anubis_wing
08-18-2005, 09:50 PM
MAKING THREADS POINTLESS IS SO AWESOME LOL!!!111

http://www.tallywacker.co.uk/images/priceless/Funny%20Sign.jpg

Err.. anyways, good job, Hachi.
COOL I LIKE THAT SIGN IT PWNS :p

ryohazuki90
08-18-2005, 10:05 PM
U helped me get it? lol i gave u the bounty! xD

Btw does Milky have a thing for Bart or something? lol

BART IS AWSOME! ill change it to someone diffrent in a week or something from anotehr show but right now BART IS BEST! >_<

anubis_wing
08-18-2005, 11:55 PM
BART IS AWSOME! ill change it to someone diffrent in a week or something from anotehr show but right now BART IS BEST! >_<
Stewie from Family Guy is betta oh and yeah the class points thing pwns....now that we'v discussed it i htink the forum should be closed

Dante55555
08-19-2005, 02:15 AM
Stewie from Family Guy is betta oh and yeah the class points thing pwns....now that we'v discussed it i htink the forum should be closed

HELL YEA!! wait wats this to do with class points O_O CLASS POINTS RULE STEFAN ADD THEM BLA BLA BLA!!

ryohazuki90
08-19-2005, 06:04 PM
Stefan! Add Class Points!!! WORK IT OUT MAN!!!

Bl0nkt
08-19-2005, 08:19 PM
You have to realize that this is no easy task. It's not like all he has to do is make a new weapon and give it a name.

It would require quite a bit of working and I would do anything in my knowledge to help out if he decides to add it.

ryohazuki90
08-19-2005, 09:28 PM
i know that.... :whatever: im glad your ancious to help though! :p hopfully we can have classpoint within a few weeks.... :)

anubis_wing
08-20-2005, 01:31 AM
i know that.... :whatever: im glad your ancious to help though! :p hopfully we can have classpoint within a few weeks.... :)
it's anxious and yeah stefan should be checking out the forums more often cuz i mean geez it's not like he's the one who adds the stuff or any thing!

Dante55555
08-20-2005, 07:01 PM
Id just like stefan to post that hele atleast think about it

ryohazuki90
08-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Jo = 1 man empire - I actualy got 221 kills! If u must know

show off............

ryohazuki90
08-20-2005, 07:30 PM
Milky

Newb with good friends!

thats a modest sig there.

anubis_wing
08-20-2005, 08:00 PM
Im a nooob with good friends and i can tell ya that 90% of al ppl would say yeah anubis_wing......oh yeah he's a noob with good friends.......... (THANK YOU ALL MY GOOD FRIENDS!!!!!!) who ever you are???

ryohazuki90
08-20-2005, 08:12 PM
anubis you can PWNt me with apps... your not a newb.....

Dante55555
08-22-2005, 05:54 AM
Im a nooob with good friends and i can tell ya that 90% of al ppl would say yeah anubis_wing......oh yeah he's a noob with good friends.......... (THANK YOU ALL MY GOOD FRIENDS!!!!!!) who ever you are???

I wouldnt call me a good friend if u are implying me as a "good friend" but i can come back to bite u in the ass alot :P - IM FOR CLASS POINTS STEFAN GET WORKING ON THIS IDEA!!!!

Huwajux
08-22-2005, 10:22 AM
i can come back to bite u in the ass alot :P!!!!
I should know...

Dante55555
08-22-2005, 07:19 PM
I should know...

HEY WAT U MEAN BYE THAT!!! :P