PDA

View Full Version : Futuristic server... with a few outdated guns

juice188
08-07-2005, 05:13 AM
ok since this zone is set years into the future don't you think we would replace the following
(These are the ones that i think would be outdone)
Electron (Aka tazer)- Even now we have shock pistols instead of tazers, lets get something like a shock pistol 2 replace that
SMG ... come on now how long have we had sub machine guns, dont you think over time we would eventually replace this? i dont currently have any suggestions as to how we should replace this but we deffinatly should
Finally, the Crossbow... Crossbows are pretty darn old, i think we should have something that can shoot more than 1 arrow at a time with such a freezetime (I do not have any suggestions as to a name but heres what i think the gun should be like) It would shoot out 4 arrows at a time, *Do not change the freeze time* with a little bit of spread *Not as much as apprices* and i think we should be able to buy homing arrows and freeze arrows and flame and poison arrows, please give my ideas a chance and if you do not like them do not be evil and call me a noob etc.

haro41
08-07-2005, 05:19 AM
well they are out dated in terms of history, but is it that important for the games events to be inline with the real world? after all, zone is world of its own.

Bl0nkt
08-07-2005, 05:43 AM
Replacing a few outdated items with a few in-date items isn't such a bad idea. It's just that I haven't really considered it before.

Haro, get on Zenkou. I need you to set my IP Range (it changed).

Zurkiba
08-07-2005, 06:26 AM
Zone is just that
Science Fiction... it's a fantasy server. It portrays the various factions fighting for control of the solar system, they'll use whatever weapons they can get their hands on. And who is to say that bullets are going to be out dated? We still use cannons when we have aircraft to deliver the bombs.

Wind_Master
08-07-2005, 07:45 AM
ok since this zone is set years into the future don't you think we would replace the following
(These are the ones that i think would be outdone)
Electron (Aka tazer)- Even now we have shock pistols instead of tazers, lets get something like a shock pistol 2 replace that
SMG ... come on now how long have we had sub machine guns, dont you think over time we would eventually replace this? i dont currently have any suggestions as to how we should replace this but we deffinatly should
Finally, the Crossbow... Crossbows are pretty darn old, i think we should have something that can shoot more than 1 arrow at a time with such a freezetime (I do not have any suggestions as to a name but heres what i think the gun should be like) It would shoot out 4 arrows at a time, *Do not change the freeze time* with a little bit of spread *Not as much as apprices* and i think we should be able to buy homing arrows and freeze arrows and flame and poison arrows, please give my ideas a chance and if you do not like them do not be evil and call me a noob etc.

Electron should= a pistol that shocks the enemy for 2 seconds making them unable 2 move and does 5 dmg

Crossbow should= a bow that follows enemies or finds a target of its own and does 10 dmg but takes 30 energy a bow

Smg should= a gun that shoots out rapid amounts of bullets that can either freeze a guy for 2 seconds....poisen a guy for 10 seconds....put a guy on fire for 5 seconds...or do 4 dmg a bullet

hmm u like ne of those??

anubis_wing
08-07-2005, 12:59 PM
Smg i like crossbow and electron not so much cuz once they do the electron it's a lil cheap

Zurkiba
08-07-2005, 04:40 PM
Crossbow is just fine... Scouts are just that, Scouts.

Crossbows allow for people to make quick escapes.

Chris
08-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Battlestar Glactica is in the 'future' but the weapons they use seem the same as real life weapons. It works for them?

protagonist
08-07-2005, 05:14 PM
The future is not Star Wars. Sometimes, grit beats glitz.

anubis_wing
08-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Sumtimes not

xXDuMajuXx
08-07-2005, 05:21 PM
Knives have been around for centuries, milleniums, but we still use them today. Outdated? I think not. Alot of muders are commited with knives. The soliders in vietnam wouldn't be able to effectively get through a forest without a knife, and what's more, a knife, next to a silenced pistol is one hell of an effecient way to kill someone in stealth missions in such.

Knives also play the basic weapon in most games today aswell. Knives outdated? Pssh.

anubis_wing
08-07-2005, 05:32 PM
yer speach out dated .....yah

Zulu15
08-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Knives have been around for centuries, milleniums, but we still use them today. Outdated? I think not. Alot of muders are commited with knives. The soliders in vietnam wouldn't be able to effectively get through a forest without a knife, and what's more, a knife, next to a silenced pistol is one hell of an effecient way to kill someone in stealth missions in such.

Knives also play the basic weapon in most games today aswell. Knives outdated? Pssh.
Good point but uh...nobody mentioned the Knives...

xXDuMajuXx
08-07-2005, 05:50 PM
My speech isn't out dated, it's just proper english :P

anubis_wing
08-07-2005, 05:59 PM
and stupid

Akoalin
08-07-2005, 06:15 PM
and stupid
Umm...hypocrite?

Zurkiba
08-07-2005, 06:24 PM

I give you the bat'leth - legendary weapon used by the Klingons in Star Trek
http://www.webtrekitalia.it/upload/Franco/batleth.jpg

xXDuMajuXx
08-07-2005, 06:27 PM
I give you the bat'leth - legendary weapon used by the Klingons in Star Trek
http://www.webtrekitalia.it/upload/Franco/batleth.jpg

Awesomeness :D

Bl0nkt
08-07-2005, 07:31 PM
and stupid
It made the most sense out of all the posts yet.

He was comparing the weapons used in Zone to the weapons used in real life.

He gave me all the more reason to say, "It's fine the way it is."

Wind_Master
08-07-2005, 09:15 PM
It made the most sense out of all the posts yet.

He was comparing the weapons used in Zone to the weapons used in real life.

He gave me all the more reason to say, "It's fine the way it is."

like zulu said......no1 considered changing knifes around

and how about each base has a machine gun turret in zone (1 for base2....1 for base3.....1 for base4...1 for base5 and 4 for base 1) but they do 3 a bullet and shoot rapidly like a chaingun

anubis_wing
08-07-2005, 09:43 PM
i think the knife should be updated a lil as in how much per stab it does and throw dmg

Wind_Master
08-07-2005, 09:58 PM
i think the knife should be updated a lil as in how much per stab it does and throw dmg

here i got a update for a few weapon

muramasa should= A sword that is made from lightning and shocks enemies causing 5 dmg for every 3 seconds and the sword should do about 20 a hit

knife should= A weapon that should b recolored and have a white glow 2 it (like the plasma sabre glow) and can do 10-12 melee dmg and 20-30 throw dmg (should b updated to be used only with 2k exp)

Medic should= A gun only used by medics that when shot at ur team mates heals 10 hp for them and this gun takes up 10 energy a shot.....it is double handed and does 5 dmg to enemies

Chaingun should= A gun that shoots out rapids amount of plasma bullets which do 5 dmg a bullet.

Shotgun should= A gun that spreads out and shoots out bullets that have a plasma glow to them and do 10 dmg a bullet.

Handgun= A gun that spreads out plasma bullets that do 10 dmg.

anubis_wing
08-07-2005, 10:25 PM
i like the muramasa mainly cuz i love muramasa with the new animations

Brad
08-07-2005, 10:30 PM
ever play halo

human weapons own aliens

anubis_wing
08-07-2005, 11:04 PM
Sword!!!!!

Wind_Master
08-08-2005, 05:27 AM
ever play halo

human weapons own aliens

personally i hate halo and i think its stupid....but alot of ppl like it so i cant say nething.

oh and i got 1 more

Grenades should= A grenade that wen thrown it sets an enemy on fire and explods on impact as well

anubis_wing
08-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Yah i like the fire but not the expolosioon *shudder* i still have nightmares when i was lamed ith grenades and personally i think muramasa should be able to poison them for like 2 secs cuz when im running around with it all ppl do is run and i can't catch them cuz light infantry isnt fast enough

Wind_Master
08-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Yah i like the fire but not the expolosioon *shudder* i still have nightmares when i was lamed ith grenades and personally i think muramasa should be able to poison them for like 2 secs cuz when im running around with it all ppl do is run and i can't catch them cuz light infantry isnt fast enough

ya.......i think mayb muramasa should go 2 commando and scout and sabre should go 2 marine

anubis_wing
08-09-2005, 05:41 PM
saber and muramasa to commando then commando should lose lrpulsar and smg

Huwajux
08-09-2005, 06:51 PM
No. :whatever:

Wind_Master
08-09-2005, 09:36 PM

no sabre is cheap as it is.....sabre should go 2 marine.....and muramasa 2 commando