PDA

View Full Version : Quick-Equip Menu

Bl0nkt
08-02-2005, 12:06 AM
In other words, hotkeys. There are times in Zone where I wish I had a grenade equiped at the time. Unfortunately, it would mean openning the q-menu and risking my life trying to equip it just to try and re-equip my bluerifle again once I throw it.

If it's not too much trouble, please add hotkeys to the num pad numbers. Perhaps right clicking an item you want to hotkey and a list from 0 - 9 comes up. A picture will appear of the weapon assigned to each number to the right of the according number. Click the according number and it is assigned to that num pad button.

Thank you.

protagonist
08-02-2005, 12:07 AM
I would probably play Zone if it had hotkeys.

Akoalin
08-02-2005, 12:35 AM
the problem is;
Noob uses bluerifle to lame you, when he has low health he jetpacks away easily.
This is the reason Zone has s and d as seperate hands.

Crono
08-02-2005, 12:44 AM
Quick Keys are bad.

1) Medics. They will hotkey the pack and lame it on themselves.

2) Jetpack runners. Will hotkey em and run away.

3) Healing packs in general. Will use them too much in battle.

NO! As mentioned we have S and D slots for a reason. :)

Bl0nkt
08-02-2005, 12:46 AM
the problem is;
Noob uses bluerifle to lame you, when he has low health he jetpacks away easily.
This is the reason Zone has s and d as seperate hands.
You have a point there.

Here are two options:

a) Set limitations to what items could be hotkey'd.

b) Set the 1 numpad key to a rifle you want to hotkey, the 2 numpad key to a pistol you want and the 3 numpad key to a grenade/mine you want (In other words, you could only set three things to hotkey. One from the rifle list, one from the handgun list and one from the grenade list).

Crono
08-02-2005, 12:51 AM
b) Set the 1 numpad key to a rifle you want to hotkey, the 2 numpad key to a pistol you want and the 3 numpad key to a grenade/mine you want (In other words, you could only set three things to hotkey. One from the rifle list, one from the handgun list and one from the grenade list).

I like that.

Wind_Master
08-02-2005, 02:31 AM
Quick Keys are bad.

1) Medics. They will hotkey the pack and lame it on themselves.

2) Jetpack runners. Will hotkey em and run away.

3) Healing packs in general. Will use them too much in battle.

NO! As mentioned we have S and D slots for a reason. :)

hotkeys will definetly cause more lameing

Zulu15
08-02-2005, 05:22 AM
I kind of like the idea but being able to change weapons like that so fast would kind of destroy the use of weapons that are one handed and also, it'd be like having 6 hands to hold weapons in, maybe when you press 1 it opens the menu you set to it and so on? (You press 1 and it opens the Riffle menu, 2 the Pistol menu and so on) I dunno

Wind_Master
08-02-2005, 06:44 AM
it shouldnt b made ppl would just equip like a shotgun and when they get up close quickly pull out a plasma sabre....zzzz :asleep:

someonesomewhere
08-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Only Sapper has both Shotgun and plasma Saber, and It's not exactly the fastest unit... and last time I checked:
You have a point there.

Here are two options:

He never mentioned a Hotkey for melee weapons. (Choice B)

Wind_Master
08-02-2005, 04:37 PM
bottom line is ppl would lame faster....heal faster.....kill faster.....and cause the game 2 suck.

Bl0nkt
08-02-2005, 05:07 PM
bottom line is ppl would lame faster....heal faster.....kill faster.....and cause the game 2 suck.
Read choice B. If you call equipping a rifle to a pistol being lame, you're wrong. This isn't something only one person can do. EVERYONE will have it so ANYONE could switch to a handgun/rifle/grenade.

xAndrewx
08-02-2005, 05:11 PM
I remember when we released the Era Hotkeys, they were alot of fun!

Bl0nkt
08-02-2005, 05:15 PM
I remember when we released the Era Hotkeys, they were alot of fun!
They were very detailed and easy to use. :eek:

xAndrewx
08-02-2005, 05:30 PM
They were very detailed and easy to use. :eek:
Easily hackable!

Bl0nkt
08-02-2005, 05:32 PM
Easily hackable!
Why would you need to hack them? :frown:

*Thinks*

...Item duplication

xAndrewx
08-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Why would you need to hack them? :frown:

*Thinks*

...Item duplication
No... lol.
I didn't hack them. I was the manager of Era, that's why I didn't release them on new era. [Easily hackable]

Wind_Master
08-02-2005, 06:32 PM
i just dont think the hotkeys should b added

xAndrewx
08-02-2005, 08:01 PM
i just dont think the hotkeys should b added
Would be better if you had a reason.

Wind_Master
08-02-2005, 08:16 PM
ok i do.....how about it would cause massive lameing...id just equip appirces than when id get in mid-range quickly switch 2 crossbow

Bl0nkt
08-02-2005, 08:36 PM
1. Have fun being a medic then.

2. What's stopping me from doing it too?

xAndrewx
08-02-2005, 09:10 PM
ok i do.....how about it would cause massive lameing...id just equip appirces than when id get in mid-range quickly switch 2 crossbow
What's wrong with that?

Wind_Master
08-02-2005, 10:02 PM
its cheap thats whats wrong with it

Zulu15
08-03-2005, 02:41 AM
It is? By the time you actualy hit with the crossbow the guy alredy killed you, or he just healed after being poisoned.

konidias
08-03-2005, 03:33 AM
I don't see people arguing that it's cheap to use hotkeys in Counter-strike. Though I guess Zone isn't Counter-Strike... :p

You know that the numpad is already configured to be used as a secondary movement. The arrow keys on the numpad move your character around, and I think 1 3 and 5 are A S D... 0 is pause?

Soul-Blade
08-03-2005, 03:44 AM
Use your brain, people. Hotkeys wouldn't cause more "laming." You're a ***** if you believe that. You know why? Because the person "laming" is targetting someone else WITH THE SAME CAPABILITIES. Don't like a person quickly switching weapons? Then do the same to them. When EVERYONE has hotkeys, then it is an equal game. In reality, this would make things much more fast paced.

someonesomewhere
08-03-2005, 04:05 AM
It is? By the time you actualy hit with the crossbow the guy alredy killed you, or he just healed after being poisoned.
How many times have you used crossbow? It's really not that hard, because if you shoot at a person from a diagonal, they have a harder time figuring where shots will go. Besides, It's pretty easy to kill people with crossbow, as long as you use it right.

Zulu15
08-03-2005, 06:55 AM
To me its jsut anoying, I dont bother using it that much, and yeah, every weapons is easier to hit with diagonal shots but the crossbow has a speed that im not used to ^_^;, even if I have the no-reload thing its hard for me to actualy hit ugh, maybe its just because I suck, probably thats to blame XP

xAndrewx
08-03-2005, 09:23 AM
I think a beta version should be released!
Zone for hotkeys!

Bl0nkt
08-03-2005, 03:20 PM
I think a beta version should be released!
Zone for hotkeys!
In all honesty, I think it would add a faster pace to the game and in most cases, more action.

It could also be improved by giving more of a reason to switch a weapon. Currently it takes one second to reload a weapon. You'll notice on other games like CS or BF2 that reloading is an issue that could be resolved by switching to a secondary or grenade.

Considering Zone has custom bodies, it allows for things that classic bodies don't allow for. The legs in Zone allow for things like reloading and walking at the same time (All while the animation doesn't reset or turn to the regular walk gani when you move). I recently thought about these ideas for Atrius (Before I worked on Zenkou). All you need to do is create the walking gani in two separate ganis (One with the legs moving and one with the torso/arms/weapon/etc... moving). Put them in height according and from there the only thing I need to figure out is how to set two animations at once to finish off the idea.

xAndrewx
08-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Faster games are better, in my opinion.

bbabba
08-03-2005, 09:18 PM
This isnt a good idea,you see stefen doesent care -_-

Bl0nkt
08-03-2005, 09:22 PM
This isnt a good idea,you see stefen doesent care -_-
Stefan hasn't said -anything- yet.

Wind_Master
08-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Faster games are better, in my opinion.

more lameing in a game is worse in my opinion

Bl0nkt
08-04-2005, 01:46 AM
more lameing in a game is worse in my opinion
There will be no laming if everyone can do it.

Wind_Master
08-04-2005, 02:52 AM

i dont know about u....but im not a newb who lames so im definetly not gunna use it...so go ahead u guys can have ur little lameing toys.......zzzzz :asleep:

Bl0nkt
08-04-2005, 03:15 AM
i dont know about u....but im not a newb who lames so im definetly not gunna use it...so go ahead u guys can have ur little lameing toys.......zzzzz :asleep:
Then you could get frustrated over an optional thing.

Zulu15
08-04-2005, 07:27 AM
Like strafing, it there, use it, dont complain about it if you dont want to use it.

At first I wasent very into this idea but reading these posts changed my mind, hotkeys should definetly be implimented, the medics are gonna heal? Like 20 hp for 60 energy, so it wouldent matter much, besides, this way more interesting classes(The ones with access to allot of weapons) would be chosen more because you can change your weapon to fit the situation without having to stand there looking stupid while you open up your Q menu.

Huwajux
08-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Like strafing, it there, use it, dont complain about it if you dont want to use it.

At first I wasent very into this idea but reading these posts changed my mind, hotkeys should definetly be implimented, the medics are gonna heal? Like 20 hp for 60 energy, so it wouldent matter much, besides, this way more interesting classes(The ones with access to allot of weapons) would be chosen more because you can change your weapon to fit the situation without having to stand there looking stupid while you open up your Q menu.
Indeed, when medics start healing just get out a rifle and blast away.

Crono
08-04-2005, 02:13 PM

Wrong. People like me have decency(sp?) and don't heal while we're fighting against someone. Other lamers, however, just heal while fighting and keep fighting. I refuse to turn into a lamer just because it's easier for the other person to lame, which is why this hotkeying stuff is going up my ass harder and harder. :\

Bl0nkt
08-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Wrong. People like me have decency(sp?) and don't heal while we're fighting against someone. Other lamers, however, just heal while fighting and keep fighting. I refuse to turn into a lamer just because it's easier for the other person to lame, which is why this hotkeying stuff is going up my ass harder and harder. :\
There will only be three weapon types you'll be able to hotkey. Med bag is not included.

Akoalin
08-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Maybe it can be limited, like you can't put jetpacks, medics, or medpacks in the quick menu.

xAndrewx
08-04-2005, 06:00 PM
Yea, that would be good.

Bl0nkt
08-04-2005, 06:03 PM
You have a point there.

Here are two options:

Everyone refer to choice B.

Wind_Master
08-04-2005, 10:31 PM
ok...obviously Stefan doesnt care 4 this idea since he hasnt replied on it yet.....and i think that this is a newb idea with much lameing involved in it

Zulu15
08-05-2005, 02:24 PM
Actualy the reason I dont heal during a duel is because if I do then it means the other person is alowed to, making the duel that much harder on me >.<
Again, I suport this idea, Option B please! ^_^

Crono
08-05-2005, 02:53 PM
ok...obviously Stefan doesnt care 4 this idea since he hasnt replied on it yet.....

Or maybe he doesn't have time.

and i think that this is a newb idea with much lameing involved in it

Well I don't. I dont see how it's lame to go from Pistol to rifle and back. :/

xAndrewx
08-05-2005, 06:34 PM

Wise words of a pker!
I beat you though. >_<

Wind_Master
08-05-2005, 07:23 PM

ok...so ur tellin me switchin from the bluerifel(newb weapon) to pipe bombs(newb weapon) in less than a second isnt lame?

Magadal
08-05-2005, 08:37 PM
ok...so ur tellin me switchin from the bluerifel(newb weapon) to pipe bombs(newb weapon) in less than a second isnt lame?

mh maybe it could take some seconds until u can use the weapon u equipped with a hotkey...

btw:blue rifle and pipebombs arent newb weapons....

Bl0nkt
08-05-2005, 08:42 PM
You're impossible.

Let me try and speak in YOUR language.

ok so wen u press the 1 buttn on dah num pad u equip a rifle u chose 2 put on the hotkeyz. when u press the 2 button u equip a pistle taht u put on teh 2 buttno. teh 3 button lets u equip a gernade or a mine 2 deal wit multiple enemees @ once. and i dont c y the bluerifel is lame at all. u hav 2 pay 4 it and it STILL isnt as lame as teh apprices.
ZZZZZZZ :asleep: :asleep: ^^

someonesomewhere
08-05-2005, 09:09 PM
So, Jin tell me...
Haven't you ever noticed the delay when you take out a weapon? The shortest delay for a WEAPON, not including jetpack, is at least one second, and during that second, you can very easily be killed. For instance, during that second, You can get stuck in an SMG's line of fire, and not be able to get out of it.

Wind_Master
08-05-2005, 09:39 PM
So, Jin tell me...
Haven't you ever noticed the delay when you take out a weapon? The shortest delay for a WEAPON, not including jetpack, is at least one second, and during that second, you can very easily be killed. For instance, during that second, You can get stuck in an SMG's line of fire, and not be able to get out of it.

dude...i dont have 2 swtich weapons bcause 1.i can fight at all ranges and 2.im not a healing newb in the middle of matches

Bl0nkt
08-05-2005, 09:41 PM
dude...i dont have 2 swtich weapons bcause 1.i can fight at all ranges and 2.im not a healing newb in the middle of matches
lOawl did u no dat u cant equip medpackz wif dah hotkeeyz?

Wind_Master
08-05-2005, 09:42 PM
lOawl did u no dat u cant equip medpackz wif dah hotkeeyz?

did u know i dont care??? did u know this idea is so stupid??? did you know that Stefan must not care for it since he hasnt posted on it yet???did you know all ur ideas suck???

Bl0nkt
08-05-2005, 09:57 PM
did u know i dont care??? did u know this idea is so stupid??? did you know that Stefan must not care for it since he hasnt posted on it yet???did you know all ur ideas suck???
Sounds like you're getting desperate now. ;)

I recall you saying my other three ideas were good. I also recall a weapon idea of yours that enables teamkilling. You = lose.

Wind_Master
08-05-2005, 10:42 PM
Sounds like you're getting desperate now. ;)

I recall you saying my other three ideas were good. I also recall a weapon idea of yours that enables teamkilling. You = lose.

nah sry...name 2 ideas of urs i said i liked

Magadal
08-06-2005, 12:35 PM
nah sry...name 2 ideas of urs i said i liked

lol....no one cares about something what u say >_> his ideas ARE good...u are just too stupid to understand them

Huwajux
08-06-2005, 01:08 PM
lol....no one cares about something what u say >_> his ideas ARE good...u are just too stupid to understand them
*Opens mouth*
Damb you got their before me.

Wind_Master
08-06-2005, 07:21 PM
wow.....i guess u guys r blonkt boyfriends???? darksoul just never talk 2 me like i said.....and magdangal u cant say nething u having come up with ne ideas.....u suck at zone.....stop trying 2 act all cool in front of ur boyfriends

Magadal
08-06-2005, 07:35 PM
wow.....i guess u guys r blonkt boyfriends???? darksoul just never talk 2 me like i said.....and magdangal u cant say nething u having come up with ne ideas.....u suck at zone.....stop trying 2 act all cool in front of ur boyfriends

did u ever spar me?>_>

Wind_Master
08-06-2005, 07:38 PM
did u ever spar me?>_>

did u ever think i didnt wanna waste my time??? sry i dont fight ez ppl

Magadal
08-06-2005, 07:40 PM
did u ever think i didnt wanna waste my time??? sry i dont fight ez ppl

a question -> can u speak english?:D

Wind_Master
08-06-2005, 07:42 PM
a question -> can u speak english?:D

what do u think???? ya i speak english thats y im typin in english

Bl0nkt
08-06-2005, 08:37 PM
i am spek perfact englaish 2

Wind_Master
08-06-2005, 10:49 PM
i am spek perfact englaish 2

dude this is not a grammer contest....personally i dont care how i type....i guess u little kids do though

anubis_wing
08-07-2005, 02:20 AM
Indeed worry less about how ppl type and more about what they ask like:
Billy : is demon slayer a lucky noob?
Anubis: HELL YA
Billy : Why?
Anubis: Cuz he sux
Billy : Wow thnx i'll have to remember that when i pwn him with a gravitron :)

Wind_Master
08-07-2005, 02:32 AM
Indeed worry less about how ppl type and more about what they ask like:
Billy : is demon slayer a lucky noob?
Anubis: HELL YA
Billy : Why?
Anubis: Cuz he sux
Billy : Wow thnx i'll have to remember that when i pwn him with a gravitron :)

ROFL!!!!!!!! lol ya ppl really gotta stop saying "wow can u speak english" cause im typing it which means i must speak it.....zzzzz :asleep:

anubis_wing
08-07-2005, 03:46 AM
or yer using zim.............

Huwajux
08-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Guh huh! yepper i speak a da english p gd i fink ill a win dat ere spellin competition!
and hmm i think it was er dat magadal fella i was a talkin to jin and not u. har dee har.
That...ladies and gentlemen was an advanced vocabulary of Jin.

anubis_wing
08-07-2005, 01:04 PM
coooooooooool

Bl0nkt
08-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Well at least he could still get his GED. :frown:

Wind_Master
08-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Guh huh! yepper i speak a da english p gd i fink ill a win dat ere spellin competition!
and hmm i think it was er dat magadal fella i was a talkin to jin and not u. har dee har.
That...ladies and gentlemen was an advanced vocabulary of Jin.

ya i really type like that......quit ur crying plz...every1 else has dropped it so y cant u??

anubis_wing
08-07-2005, 09:49 PM
yah jin talks comp slang not like SFDGFSGHSHDAF like u were dark soul

Wind_Master
08-07-2005, 10:07 PM
yah jin talks comp slang not like SFDGFSGHSHDAF like u were dark soul

ya he always does that.....he must not b able 2 read that good cause i obviously dont type like that

anubis_wing
08-07-2005, 10:17 PM
dude why dont we just stop with the mean complaints and settle it on yer own accounts

Wind_Master
08-08-2005, 05:22 AM
dude why dont we just stop with the mean complaints and settle it on yer own accounts

what???? i dont get what u said

Bl0nkt
08-08-2005, 05:25 AM
In other words, shut up. ^^

Wind_Master
08-08-2005, 05:30 AM
In other words, shut up. ^^

ummm....nty zzzz :asleep:

Huwajux
08-08-2005, 01:41 PM
ya i really type like that......quit ur crying plz...every1 else has dropped it so y cant u??
Everyone else has dropped it? What about Magadal and Blonkt. By the way I can read perfectly fine thank you. I can read your writing but I don't know what the **** your trying to say. Oh and anubis get over Jin man every post he makes that is more ignorant and unreadable than the last, you seem to pop in sucking up to him.

anubis_wing
08-08-2005, 02:34 PM
yah it's true.............meh

Wind_Master
08-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Everyone else has dropped it? What about Magadal and Blonkt. By the way I can read perfectly fine thank you. I can read your writing but I don't know what the **** your trying to say. Oh and anubis get over Jin man every post he makes that is more ignorant and unreadable than the last, you seem to pop in sucking up to him.

aww look guys,hes gettin all mad

Huwajux
08-08-2005, 04:28 PM
aww look guys,hes gettin all mad
Ignorant again. You have not taken any note of my last post. There is no proof that I am getting mad. :rolleyes: I'm just telling you what I think yet it seems to go in one ear and come out the other. :eek:

Wind_Master
08-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Ignorant again. You have not taken any note of my last post. There is no proof that I am getting mad. :rolleyes: I'm just telling you what I think yet it seems to go in one ear and come out the other. :eek:

nah....u just wanna act all cool......all i said was 1 word 2 ako and u flipped out on me......so dont tell me ur all innocent

Bl0nkt
08-08-2005, 08:14 PM
The way you speak (more or less the way you type) is just a reflection on who you are in real life. You use childish gestures that I remember using against my older brother when I was five. Someone says something about you in a technical manner so you fight back by using false accusations and remarks trying to replace a sensible comeback with a toddler mind. Kinda like fighting back by saying stupid head. (ooh I loved calling people stupid head).

Listen, it'd make everyone think more highly of you if you use what you have in that head of yours-- a brain. Don't type like you're tap dancing on the keyboard.

Wind_Master
08-08-2005, 08:16 PM
The way you speak (more or less the way you type) is just a reflection on who you are in real life. You use childish gestures that I remember using against my older brother when I was five. Someone says something about you in a technical manner so you fight back by using false accusations and remarks trying to replace a sensible comeback with a toddler mind. Kinda like fighting back by saying stupid head. (ooh I loved calling people stupid head).

Listen, it'd make everyone think more highly of you if you use what you have in that head of yours-- a brain. Don't type like you're tap dancing on the keyboard.

im not acussing him for nething.....ako said that im a newb so i called him a newb and told him 2 shut up and than darksoul flipped out on me telling me 2 shut up and stop pickin fights with ppl

someonesomewhere
08-08-2005, 08:49 PM
im not acussing him for nething.....ako said that im a newb so i called him a newb and told him 2 shut up and than darksoul flipped out on me telling me 2 shut up and stop pickin fights with ppl
Maybe he told you that for a reason, Jin, or are you just going to ignore that and say "OmFg u r imperssing uR boifrends O_o"
Lmao, if I've seen someone that can screw up the forums, it's YOU.

Wind_Master
08-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Maybe he told you that for a reason, Jin, or are you just going to ignore that and say "OmFg u r imperssing uR boifrends O_o"
Lmao, if I've seen someone that can screw up the forums, it's YOU.

ok...so ur telling me ako calls me a newb....so i call ako a newb...darksoul yells at me but not ako......thats fair??? wow ur acting like 5 yr old now

Huwajux
08-08-2005, 10:00 PM
acting like 5 yr old now
Hypocrite.

Wind_Master
08-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Hypocrite.

yes u r....zzzzz :asleep:

Bl0nkt
08-09-2005, 01:11 AM
Refer to my last post.

I explained something about toddler-like remarks. This is definately one of them.

Edit: By the way you said that, I bet you don't even know what a hypocrite is.

Allen555
08-09-2005, 01:36 AM
You know what a great idea is? for all of you to SHUT UP,and get back on the topic.

Curt1zzle
08-09-2005, 01:38 AM
You know what a great idea is? for all of you to SHUT UP,and get back on the topic.

YA U GUYZ SHUTUP

Shadox
08-09-2005, 01:52 AM
im not sure about it....i mean it could be good if u could only do small weapons as a last resort like running out of bluerifle ammo and switching to apps as a getaway gun, but thats about it, i think only 1 handed weaps if ANY should be hotkeyed, like a pocket for them to fit into

Wind_Master
08-09-2005, 03:45 AM

dont look at me tell it 2 the 3-yr olds blonkt and his playmate darksoul

MisterMastermind
08-09-2005, 04:08 AM

uhhhh... what? :confused: Talk idiot next time so I can understand, much appreciated

Bl0nkt
08-09-2005, 04:33 AM
dont look at me tell it 2 the 3-yr olds blonkt and his playmate darksoul
I'm sure he wasn't refering that idea toward you. :rolleyes:

Wind_Master
08-09-2005, 05:07 AM
I'm sure he wasn't refering that idea toward you. :rolleyes:

yes....i know zzzzz :asleep:

Bl0nkt
08-09-2005, 05:08 AM
yes....i know zzzzz :asleep:
So why call me a three year old? Because I'm right and you're wrong?

Wind_Master
08-09-2005, 05:10 AM
So why call me a three year old? Because I'm right and you're wrong?

no bcause u act 3 thats why i called u a 3 yr old

Damix2
08-09-2005, 05:12 AM
no bcause u act 3 thats why i called u a 3 yr old

And how old do you act?

Wind_Master
08-09-2005, 05:19 AM
And how old do you act?

i act my age....13

MisterMastermind
08-09-2005, 07:32 AM
wait just shut up both of you, jin deserves respect bcuz he's da best, bl0nkt deserves respect bcuz i've heard he's an oldbie.... now just shut up and leave it at that the both of you....unless u want me to go trigger happy?

someonesomewhere
08-09-2005, 07:41 AM
wait just shut up both of you, jin deserves respect bcuz he's da best, bl0nkt deserves respect bcuz i've heard he's an oldbie.... now just shut up and leave it at that the both of you....unless u want me to go trigger happy?
Let me think for more than a half second...
Let's say that I own a server. Let's say that my server has a lot of people on it. I am a royal jerk. I think that everyone who doesn't own a server is a loser. I have to hire new staff every day because people keep quitting because they can't stand me.
Do I deserve respect then? Or does it come with the territory?
Think. :whatever:

MisterMastermind
08-09-2005, 07:44 AM
Let me think for more than a half second...
Let's say that I own a server. Let's say that my server has a lot of people on it. I am a royal jerk. I think that everyone who doesn't own a server is a loser. I have to hire new staff every day because people keep quitting because they can't stand me.
Do I deserve respect then? Or does it come with the territory?
Think. :whatever: P.S. I'm a retard who is jealous of jin jin owns a server? oh and that lsat thing i had to add hehehe.

someonesomewhere
08-09-2005, 07:45 AM
............. :whatever:
(Thereby meeting the 10-characer minimum)

Bl0nkt
08-09-2005, 07:53 AM
Can we please restart discussing the hotkeys? :[

MisterMastermind
08-09-2005, 07:54 AM
this was about hotkeys? i thot it was anothre of jin's pointless forum to arguement thingy. well my bad XD

someonesomewhere
08-09-2005, 07:57 AM
ME...WANT...HOTKEYS...
Hotkeys aren't lame, just easier ways to get weapons out. And before Jin gets here:
1.DO NOT allow Med Packs, Medic, and Jetpack to be Hotkey'd
2.Limit the amount of hotkeys.
3.Do not judge this idea on one person who is completely biased against it.

Bl0nkt
08-09-2005, 08:01 AM
ME...WANT...HOTKEYS...
Hotkeys aren't lame, just easier ways to get weapons out. And before Jin gets here:
1.DO NOT allow Med Packs, Medic, and Jetpack to be Hotkey'd
2.Limit the amount of hotkeys.
3.Do not judge this idea on one person who is completely biased against it.
I've already thought out the way to set this up.

I'm not sure if this is used as something else (mainly the voice commands), but how 'bout this. The 1 key is set to any rifle you want to put on the hotkeys (and ONLY for a rifle), the 2 key for any pistol (ONLY for a pistol) and the 3 key for an explosive (ONLY for something that could be found in the belt segment of the inventory). To equip that item, hold control and hit the according key.

MisterMastermind
08-09-2005, 08:05 AM
yeah it takes so long to switch weps when ur being mobbed. eg: i'm normally killing ppl wiht apps or bluerifle. i usually die when being followed by a bunch of ehanced pulsar nooobs when i try to switch weapons. med pakc being hotkeyed would suck. same with jetpack and medic on medic class... maybe u like press shift and then hit "H" key and u withdraw that weapon/wepons is u press like "s" and "d" keys when u press shift.

someonesomewhere
08-09-2005, 08:33 AM
yeah it takes so long to switch weps when ur being mobbed. eg: i'm normally killing ppl wiht apps or bluerifle. i usually die when being followed by a bunch of ehanced pulsar nooobs when i try to switch weapons. med pakc being hotkeyed would suck. same with jetpack and medic on medic class... maybe u like press shift and then hit "H" key and u withdraw that weapon/wepons is u press like "s" and "d" keys when u press shift.
Did Jin just hack your account and post that?
Anyway... I don't remember how the Era hotkey system worked, but I think you pressed ` and a keyboard popped up, showing the hotkeys, and you would say something, don't remember what.
But that was Era, and it's been posted that you're not allowed to steal stuff from other servers... I think.

Bl0nkt
08-09-2005, 08:46 AM
Did Jin just hack your account and post that?
Anyway... I don't remember how the Era hotkey system worked, but I think you pressed ` and a keyboard popped up, showing the hotkeys, and you would say something, don't remember what.
But that was Era, and it's been posted that you're not allowed to steal stuff from other servers... I think.
Yup, those were the hotkeys that were illegally released to LC before any other gang (they always got the stuff everyone hated). You'd fight one and they'd pull out a damn cookie and heal themselves before you could shoot them again. They would claim they didn't have hotkeys then you'd see them set something and above their head it would say "Item (item) set to key (key) successfully!"

Oh, those were the good days. :frown:

someonesomewhere
08-09-2005, 09:57 AM
Yup, those were the hotkeys that were illegally released to LC before any other gang (they always got the stuff everyone hated). You'd fight one and they'd pull out a damn cookie and heal themselves before you could shoot them again. They would claim they didn't have hotkeys then you'd see them set something and above their head it would say "Item (item) set to key (key) successfully!"

Oh, those were the good days. :frown:
Unfortunately, I wasn't on Era till the pre-reset thing last year started, and I've only heard stuff about it from my friends, but it sounded like a great server :frown: hope it gets revived. But on the other hand, I know about cookies, and that situation seems to be just the thing that we don't want to have happen on Zone xD

Huwajux
08-09-2005, 06:26 PM
That makes no sense. Sorry if this off topic I haven't read the posts beyond this :redface: .

someonesomewhere
08-09-2005, 07:10 PM
Add hotkeys, please. And would there be a hotkey menu? Not something like the Equip menu, but a little GUI-thing that shows what you have equipped to hotkeys at the moment?

Bl0nkt
08-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Add hotkeys, please. And would there be a hotkey menu? Not something like the Equip menu, but a little GUI-thing that shows what you have equipped to hotkeys at the moment?
We could have a simplified form of what I posted as a sketch (only including the three slots though).

Wind_Master
08-09-2005, 09:35 PM
We could have a simplified form of what I posted as a sketch (only including the three slots though).

obviously Stefan does not care for this idea since he hasnt replied 2 it

request 2 close thread would b appreicated thx

Bl0nkt
08-09-2005, 09:57 PM
obviously Stefan does not care for this idea since he hasnt replied 2 it

request 2 close thread would b appreicated thx
Stefan hasn't posted in any thread in the last week.

Wind_Master
08-09-2005, 10:28 PM
Stefan hasn't posted in any thread in the last week.

hmmm...i guess