PDA

View Full Version : Delteria Dev Server

LilNiglet
07-31-2005, 08:43 AM
Delteria is formally requesting a "Delteria Dev" server. We're currently trying to develop an entirely new overworld and NPC system, but between the old NPCs, levels, and people 'somehow' getting to new material, its becoming impossible. Who can we petition to in order to set up a Dev server? It would be immensely helpful.

One of the managers of Delteria, Dysangelist, asked me to post some screenshots to show some examples of what we are planning to do... these are just levels, mind you, and our outside tileset isn't done (and the inside tileset isn't even started.. outsides are priority right now :) ). Just wanted to give some proof that there is indeed something other than just my word.

Also, I'd like to point out something rather odd, that we can't figure out. The picture explains.

Spark910
07-31-2005, 01:16 PM
This is a Stefan PM thing, and the blue tiles look familiar... aren't they fantasy tales online or something?

Zurkiba
07-31-2005, 03:30 PM
I like the boardwalk area o.o

Crono
07-31-2005, 03:34 PM
Those blue tiles look awefully familiar, but I love that cliffing. :)

Malinko
07-31-2005, 04:37 PM
Suggestion for information you should have as well!

How long will you have the development server?
When do you plan to release?
Do you need the development server after the release?
What is the goal of the project? Meaning what newly created things will be made? (Besides an overworld.)

LilNiglet
07-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Those blue tiles look awefully familiar, but I love that cliffing. :)

I'll speak to the creator of the tiles about the blue tiles. They seemed familiar to me too, but I wasn't sure.

Suggestion for information you should have as well!

How long will you have the development server?
When do you plan to release?
Do you need the development server after the release?
What is the goal of the project? Meaning what newly created things will be made? (Besides an overworld.)

We plan to have it for as long as we need it to develop the new overworld.

We plan to release it within the year, possibly around October or November.

I don't know if we will need it after release. Probably not, but circumstances may change.

The goal of this project is to revive Delteria and make it into a whole new world, with a new overworld, jobs, transportation, and a player-run economy that isn't all that dissimilar to old Graal 2001. We plan to have at least a 70+ playercount at normal times, with at least 120 at peak times. We want to create features to attract guilds, as they are a primary source of players.

Hiro
07-31-2005, 06:32 PM
Those tree's looks like Gate made them, but I'm probably wrong.

Are you making Delteria more RP-ish, or just more detailed?

dysangelium
07-31-2005, 07:55 PM
Those blue tiles are on Maloria too, which is why the look familiar. They were made by Mateus, originally for Delteria, maybe around 18 months ago or so (I remember him showing them to me the day he made them, over AIM). Mateus began the entire set over two years ago, and some players may remember a very primitive version of the tileset uploaded in the southeastern corner of Delteria that he uploaded back then.

Last summer, I believe, Mateus had a job on Maloria for a few weeks, before quitting and returning to Delteria. He uploaded some tiles there at time time, but they were all originally uploaded on Delteria. For the record, that level was last modified on October 2nd, 2004, and a global could check FTP if they must. I never bothered complaining, because that's really petty and I don't care if they use those tiles. Maloria also uses a bunch of tiles that I made back when I worked with Aether on Faldur, but only I have the full set :cool: .

That tree was made by Mateus and Cloven. Mateus made the the trunk, Cloven made the leaves.

We've started work on an overworld using this particular tileset two years ago, but it was scrapped when Mateus and I quit. We started it back up in the fall, and it was being made by Cloven, Mateus, Antrax, and myself on levels and GFX, with Cloven, Riot, Tupper, and Nullify on scripts. We were making huge amounts of progress, and some people here could probably attest to that. However, when Delteria went completely private for two weeks, we lost our forums that were being hosted by Azuretek around the same time. During those two weeks, very few people could get on RC and we weren't able to communicate with each other pretty much at all. When we finally went back up, most our staff never returned (Cloven, Riot, and Antrax. Plus Mateus, but he left for personal reasons), and most of our staff lost all interest in what we were doing.

For the record, we went private completely by accident. Originally, we were just supposed to be taken off the Classic list for a few weeks. Didn't really hurt our playercount, and part of the deal was we were allowed to IP ban HoudiniMan. Totally worth it. However, one day Stefan came on to reset the server. After that happened, it turned us into a private server by accident, and for whatever reason, it took two weeks for someone to fix it.

We just restarted the overworld around a month ago. Instead of continuing on the previous overworld, we decided to start from scratch, so that added on to our workload a bit. We're pretty much ready to start filling in the overworld with towns and all that, though. So far, the only people working on levels for the new overworld are Torankusu, Tiamat, and myself. We also have some other LATs who need assignments (I think Crono was just hired, but I haven't seen him yet).

I don't feel like typing out what else we have planned, but mayble I'll get to it later.

Malinko
08-01-2005, 09:18 PM
I'll speak to the creator of the tiles about the blue tiles. They seemed familiar to me too, but I wasn't sure.

We plan to have it for as long as we need it to develop the new overworld.

We plan to release it within the year, possibly around October or November.

I don't know if we will need it after release. Probably not, but circumstances may change.

The goal of this project is to revive Delteria and make it into a whole new world, with a new overworld, jobs, transportation, and a player-run economy that isn't all that dissimilar to old Graal 2001. We plan to have at least a 70+ playercount at normal times, with at least 120 at peak times. We want to create features to attract guilds, as they are a primary source of players.
Okay, cool. :)

Just make sure you have that information ready for Stefan when you present him the request for the development server!

Hiro
08-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally, we were just supposed to be taken off the Classic list for a few weeks. Didn't really hurt our playercount, and part of the deal was we were allowed to IP ban HoudiniMan. Totally worth it.
That made be laugh. ^^

LilNiglet
08-02-2005, 05:25 AM
That made be laugh. ^^
He is completely serious. HM has a horrible grudge with us for unknown reasons.

LilNiglet
08-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Still no response from Stefan. :( Should I PM again, or is he still notorious for taking a bit of time to respond to PMs?