PDA

View Full Version : Unholy Nation

Hiro
07-30-2005, 11:56 PM
[EDITS]Stefan came onto Unholy Nation. Lots of staff (Such as Spryte) have lost their RC, and there are rumors that NeoJenova would be removed from staff, and Malinko would be moved in as Mananger.

The sudden update of a "New Sparring Arena" to replace the old Town Center sparring complex seems odd and rushed. Many people say that Neo was rushing too show that he has been updating Unholy Nation so that he wouldn't be removed.

Whats going on?

Matt
07-31-2005, 01:37 AM
I thought this had happened about 2 months ago. I think the reason is because Unholy Nations needs good Management.

NeoJenova
07-31-2005, 02:22 AM
Uhh...

I even massed to players if it would be ok to have a spar like that like 2 weeks ago and last week.

I created that spar thing like 3 weeks ago, had it made by Jave recently, then remade by Inspiration then what you see was made by Xelt lol.

As for UN I am not removed.

I didn't think I was going to be removed I didn't update anything because I thought I was being removed, I updated several things that the LATs had in there LAT folders because they were good remakes.

Sword
08-02-2005, 09:51 PM
This is merely my opinion, so if you are offended easily or anything like that, close your eyes...

First and foremost, Neo isn't fit to manage a server. Not flaming at all, but this is my appraisal. As long as he has been manager, there have been no changes to the server that have even been noticable, and if there were, chances are, they weren't assigned/suggested by him. I hear Neo can script, but as for manager of a server like Unholy Nation, you should have enough smarts, when it comes to level editting, to at least start remodling some of the more popular areas, like he has done to the spar.
I see Neo PKing and sparring a lot, which isn't one of the most commendable traits of a server manager. Sure, he can have his fun, but I think there's more play than work going on here. I think when NJ was an admin, UN was as good as it's been for a while. The server needs a manager who has direction, and has a top priority for his server, such as... remaking that awful overworld. Neo has told people plenty of times that he has been working on that, and there have been changes (such as Waterworld being moved and such) but I think, if you can make that spar arena so nice in such little time, maybe TC should have been remade a long, long time ago...
I get the idea of remaking the overworld all at one time, but I think people are sick of waiting. Do what you can now, let it all fall together!

Just my two cents.

DIABLO2099
08-02-2005, 10:07 PM
being a server manager is no easy task...if they can enjoy the server they manage for so long...why not

the overworld does not need to be totally remade, even the most populated areas do not...servers that have done so lost their community because the feel was so different...tc is fine

Sword
08-02-2005, 10:13 PM
being a server manager is no easy task...if they can enjoy the server they manage for so long...why not

the overworld does not need to be totally remade, even the most populated areas do not...servers that have done so lost their community because the feel was so different...tc is fine
That is your opinion and I respect that. This only leads to one, simple question from me then: What exactly is Neo planning to do as manager? You've stated that he doesn't plan remaking the overworld, which to me translates into the fact that he'll be doing minute things such as remodling the spar arena, so that puts a whole dimension of management out of the way. I don't really think the spar arena needed to be remade either. Now it just looks like another N-Pulse/Delteria knockoff, and is that much laggier. No one even uses the other spars, just the center spar, all for attention. Some people like it, some people don't - have you noticed UN losing it's community over this?

NeoJenova
08-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Just my two cents.

Well!

I won't blame you for your ignorance nor do I feel I need to explain everything I do on UN, but I will explain some things.

The person who replied I don't know if you know who that is but he was the Manager before I gained the Manager position and knows what it was like to Manage UN.

MOST if not every change on UN goes through me before it is uploaded. I was the one who had to spear head any big change on UN for it to happen, and if you think there hasn't been a big change try looking around at every piece of level around the overworld and every level that looks different around UN in the last 5 months. The overworld wasn't even being worked on until I decided to organize its completetion. After Xecutor quit working on it last year it seemed to stop all development, when I became Manager I made sure it was finished.

The spar was an idea by players/staff in the making for 3 weeks before it was uploaded. We were trying to decide if it would be good for UN and how many players would like it. The only thing I did for that spar was organize its creation and script its functions.

If you had access to RC you'd see most rules EVER created on UN for staff and or players have been written by me, from staff rules to level guidlines to NPC rules etc... I wrote most of them.

I spar and I pk because I manage a server with over 200+ players a day and 40+ staff on its roster. I can't escape my duties unless I have an outlet to do so or I would stress myself out just by logging on. If I did not enjoy my server and or graal I would not be working there for free for 4 1/2 years.

Please don't ask my contribution to this server until you really know what I do.

If our community is suffering from a spar center change or my management, I have to wonder why our population still averages 195-200 a day.

For those who will reply "It is all trials and newbies" We have numbers of who is Trial who is Classic and who is Gold/VIP accounts on UN at peak times and even without the Trial or Classic accounts we'd still be number 1 with gold/vip subscribers.

Sword
08-02-2005, 10:44 PM
With that post, you simply attempted to make me look 'ignorant' to facts which I never said yay or nay to, and, in my opinion, you failed. I knew that Xecutor was manager before you, but what does this all have to do with any of the kind questions I asked? On UN, I give feedback to some of your new ideas, and I get the response, "I run this sh*t. If you don't like it, leave." That's quite alright, but these are the forums, and I only posted this to put what's going on inside the head of UN's manager out there to the public, not to attack you. Calm down.

Please don't ask my contribution to this server until you really know what I do.
Basically, that reads, "Don't ask of what I've done until you know what I do." I'm not understanding this.
Again, the question is on the rise: Neo, what are your future plans for your server?

mystic2k
08-02-2005, 10:47 PM
maybe cuz the populations big because people still like Unholy Nation but not how its management is running, and its update. The overworld change was a really bad idea. Because of how waterworld is placed at and that u have to swim for like 3 min just to get to dispora waterworld or isle of bane.

Bl0nkt
08-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Christ...

You mean to tell me UN already has another manager? Which number is this again? :rolleyes:

NeoJenova
08-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Future Plans:

With the addition of a stronger development force, Thanks to some forcefull negotiations.

We have a bright future for UN!!

The long swim from waterworld and or dispora will be subsided with the addition of boats.

New events have ALREADY been created and our scheduled for release soon.

We are remaking most towns and so many more levels on UN through our very active LAT team of Jave Cross, Xelt, Lea and Inspiration.

The overworld was not meant to be an instant improvement even though it was a major improvement, its main purpose was to make a base for other improvements on UN. More space to create and give us more options than a few squares stuck together on a path.

We are trying to listen to the players more and taking many of there suggestions to heart, such as your suggestion to make a pk area close to the spar center so players who love to spar and PK can do them both in the same spot.

Please if you want to go on with on player conversations on the forums I would be afraid to put some of the things you say to me on these forums and the rest of your "ihateneo" fanclub.

NeoJenova
08-02-2005, 11:02 PM
Christ...

You mean to tell me UN already has another manager? Which number is this again? :rolleyes:

9 managers in 5 years.

I believe...

mystic2k
08-02-2005, 11:08 PM
Nice save for yourself.

Sword
08-02-2005, 11:28 PM
We are trying to listen to the players more and taking many of there suggestions to heart, such as your suggestion to make a pk area close to the spar center so players who love to spar and PK can do them both in the same spot.
In an AIM chat, Thallen expressed this idea to me, or something similar: Where the main spar is, replace that with a PK area. Take those disgusting, black blocks (doors) out of there to get rid of some of the lag, as well as reason for spar PKing and such. If the middle area was a PK arena, you could PK, walk a couple tiles up, down, or left, and immediately be in a spar arena.

NeoJenova
08-02-2005, 11:31 PM
In an AIM chat, Thallen expressed this idea to me, or something similar: Where the main spar is, replace that with a PK area. Take those disgusting, black blocks (doors) out of there to get rid of some of the lag, as well as reason for spar PKing and such. If the middle area was a PK arena, you could PK, walk a couple tiles up, down, or left, and immediately be in a spar arena.

I bet Thallen did.

Bl0nkt
08-02-2005, 11:32 PM
9 managers in 5 years.

I believe...
I guess it's just the coincidence that every time I go on UN there seems to be a new manager (don't take that as an insult. I don't go on UN very much). I still remember some executor guy that had an NPC at onlinestartlocal that talked. Was weird.

Sword
08-02-2005, 11:41 PM
I bet Thallen did.
You acknowledged that suggestion so professionally... If this is how you take player suggestions, I can see why UN is no different than it was a year ago.

NeoJenova
08-03-2005, 10:23 AM
You acknowledged that suggestion so professionally... If this is how you take player suggestions, I can see why UN is no different than it was a year ago.

I acknowledge your suggestions on UN already when you PMed me the idea in length and said it is something I could see happening, but I think you interpreted my post wrong.

xAndrewx
08-03-2005, 10:25 AM
If you change UN, you'll loose the players.

Link
08-03-2005, 11:04 AM
None of you know anything of the difficulties of being staff on any server let alone managing one. Oh and except for Thallen when he was a gp for a few days on Shadded Legend, and he sucked horribly, and no not opinion, more like FACT.
Secondly, "Sword" all you do is abuse graals conduct of agreeing when making your account, not to use any third party programs of any sort. You have used god mode, speed, and even toggle, you have used so many programs just to be that much better at graal and yet you still suck at it, so nothing of what this Sword aka Thallen says is not to be taken truthfully nor literally, what a joke. You have no right to come on here and try to bash NJ or Xecutor. They know far more than you will ever know about managing a server. Most of you people bashing past and current owners of UN don't even play there, nor hardly did in the past. It's funny, people from low count servers get jealous of UN since it has more players on it, and no it isn't just all the trials on it because, back before any of you children played graal it used to be free and un still had most players on it, so lay off UN go complain about something else.

WanDaMan
08-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Rawr, me and Thallen are working on a team project. That idea is being used, :cool: ( Well, it's finished. I finished it yesterday :eek: )

I don't like Unholy Nation staff! They banned Thallen for saying "hack" :(

I like the new spar and the new overworld though, :)

Chicken_l33t
08-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Rofl, Neo You suck, but you manage well <3 payback for the levels post.

Neo manages UN fine, i've been playing UN since the start because.. well Bravo died and UN had the Bravo feel to it (Obviously). and I've been through alot of the Owners and NJ is by far one of the best aside from Liquid cause no one can beet Liquid. and manta is just a robot (personal joke).

Sword, I don't think you have any right to try and say NJ doesn't manage UN very well, for the fact that you don't know what he's doing right now. You're not some sort of telepathic individual. You're not reading his mind nor do you have a RC to see any of the talk going on inside there.

You're theories of him being a bad manager are based on your own oppinion and no facts so your posts equal null and void.

I have faith in NJ because ive seen what he has done not what he "has not" done. I quoted that because you're *****ing that he has done nothing, but yet why is there a new spar?. and why is there a New OW? with a better map.

This thread is just a pathetic bash at UN, is Defimation at its weakest.

Link
08-03-2005, 02:19 PM

Neo manages UN fine, i've been playing UN since the start because.. well Bravo died and UN had the Bravo feel to it (Obviously). and I've been through alot of the Owners and NJ is by far one of the best aside from Liquid cause no one can beet Liquid. and manta is just a robot (personal joke).

Sword, I don't think you have any right to try and say NJ doesn't manage UN very well, for the fact that you don't know what he's doing right now. You're not some sort of telepathic individual. You're not reading his mind nor do you have a RC to see any of the talk going on inside there.

You're theories of him being a bad manager are based on your own oppinion and no facts so your posts equal null and void.

I have faith in NJ because ive seen what he has done not what he "has not" done. I quoted that because you're *****ing that he has done nothing, but yet why is there a new spar?. and why is there a New OW? with a better map.

And to top it off, Thallen just got banned on UN for massing hacking sites not even two days ago. He is just upset he got banned off the server he loved. so he comes on the forums on another account to bash UN.

Sword
08-03-2005, 02:40 PM
This thread has turned into nothing, lies and bickering, basically. I'm done with it.

Crono
08-03-2005, 03:23 PM
I can see why UN is no different than it was a year ago.

Where the **** have you been? The entire overworld was replaced by a new one. (sure its the same towns but uh more water+cliffs+forest+etc)

Okilian
08-03-2005, 04:08 PM

I've been on UN since day one. I have seen every manager come and go, and NJ is one of the top ones we've had. Even Liquid had some faults we won't comment on. I'm glad NJ and I can work hand in hand in doing more for UN. Alot of cool ideas are being tweaked and going to be coming out soon. If you have any suggestions, we both have PM's, I always have AIM open, or u can come on UN itself. One of the top three is usually on.

Good_Ol_Daze
08-03-2005, 06:23 PM
un still had most players on it,

bull****

King homer daStupid
08-04-2005, 12:31 AM
Just a little side note that I re-made the spars after Inspiration re-made Jave's remake (lol, damn Nj you're never satisfied) but Inspiration put the centre spar in not me o.-

syltburk
08-04-2005, 04:55 PM
hahaha, taking suggestions from thallen? mate stop kidding with me

Chris
08-04-2005, 06:09 PM
It just isn't Graal unless Thallen is around.

syltburk
08-04-2005, 07:16 PM
yeah who would otherwise be mr.brag alot

Sword
08-04-2005, 07:24 PM
hahaha, taking suggestions from thallen? mate stop kidding with me
Why does every thread get flooded with immature posts like this? Every single one of my posts in this thread were clarified as not meaning to attack anyone, but meaning to clear things up. You're doing the exact opposite. Let's see some of your grand suggestions. Do you even play UN? What other suggestions of his have you heard? Let's hear it.

syltburk
08-04-2005, 09:41 PM
Why does every thread get flooded with immature posts like this? Every single one of my posts in this thread were clarified as not meaning to attack anyone, but meaning to clear things up. You're doing the exact opposite. Let's see some of your grand suggestions. Do you even play UN? What other suggestions of his have you heard? Let's hear it.
dunno ive only seen him bragging and cursing really, but hes one of these supremacys aint he

Link
08-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Sword is Thallen, he is just trying to act mature for once in his life so he can try to get his Thallen account unbanned which is never going to happen. Harassing people, and using trainers is not permitted on graal, and the count of the offences you are lucky you are not IP banned.

syltburk
08-15-2005, 01:14 PM
the funny part is that he are unbanned? rofl dynastys toggle godmode all day =)

excaliber7388
08-15-2005, 04:35 PM
That is your opinion and I respect that. This only leads to one, simple question from me then: What exactly is Neo planning to do as manager? You've stated that he doesn't plan remaking the overworld, which to me translates into the fact that he'll be doing minute things such as remodling the spar arena, so that puts a whole dimension of management out of the way. I don't really think the spar arena needed to be remade either. Now it just looks like another N-Pulse/Delteria knockoff, and is that much laggier. No one even uses the other spars, just the center spar, all for attention. Some people like it, some people don't - have you noticed UN losing it's community over this?
"If you do every thing right, they won't thing you did anything at all"-A very wise space craft that collided with God...Futurama :D
AND i will point out that UN has had some very high playercounts. Over 200.

syltburk
08-16-2005, 01:48 PM
"If you do every thing right, they won't thing you did anything at all"-A very wise space craft that collided with God...Futurama :D
AND i will point out that UN has had some very high playercounts. Over 200.
No but I can agree with one thing: It has lost people who wants to spar. It used to be alot of people sparring, now you can barely spar anyone...

excaliber7388
08-16-2005, 05:29 PM
yeah i hate the new spar arena. its too laggy/ I like the idea of it, and the design, but too many NPCs X_x; lag=bad spar

haro41
08-16-2005, 06:19 PM
yeah and the doors are horrible and there is always more than 2 people in there with alot of spar pking going on. i only want to spar like once a day just for fun. but its frustrating because I can't even get in one normal spar with that ****ty arena.

xAndrewx
08-16-2005, 07:19 PM
I was jailed for using graal3.
4 hours...

protagonist
08-16-2005, 08:38 PM
Even Liquid had some faults we won't comment on.
Like the 4-year-older online online girlfriend he had who he gave the ET position to, and who ran around and abused her staff weapons/powers. Ah, the old days.

SoSolid66
08-16-2005, 09:09 PM

Congratulations!

You have just won +100 retard points.

Malinko
08-18-2005, 03:17 AM
I didn't bother to even read this thread since I've been away and it seems to be local talk.

Update:

Okilian quit as Co-Manager.
Spryte is Co-Manager.
NeoJenova is Manager.

Edit: I guess? O_o.

mystic2k
08-18-2005, 03:23 AM
I pretty much think everyone who plays Un knew that by now.

Curt1zzle
08-18-2005, 03:39 AM
I was jailed for using graal3.
4 hours...

I was banned for using a Mac client :D

(You can't be hurt by swords, invincible 4 lyfe)

mystic2k
08-18-2005, 03:50 AM
wats wrong with using the graal3 thing on Un?

Link
09-05-2005, 09:09 AM
wats wrong with using the graal3 thing on Un?
I think it had a glitch if you had old version, you couldn't hit a person with graal 3. not positive though.

xAndrewx
09-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Yea, Link got it in one.

Malinko
09-05-2005, 08:19 PM
Graal3 has a bug where you can't be hit unless you have a guild tag on. For sparring at least.

Doesn't matter, Graal4 is better. :)

Faygolette
09-06-2005, 06:17 AM
Graal4 allows me to stalk Zeus no matter WHAT server he's playing. As long as it's on the list. And I don't even need to click on his profile to find out what level he's at. Complete awesomeness.

Corp1
10-11-2005, 09:39 PM
G4 is awesome, hopefully all the bugs will be sorted out.

I have the most fun on UN, UN is fine.