PDA

View Full Version : Fujiwara Clan Is Born!

damrog
07-27-2005, 07:17 PM
On a stormy night off the coast of samurai island a small ship washed ashore,
It was nothing but a wreck, battered and broken from the rocks that were littered everywhere. Some folk from the small samurai fishing village near by came out to see if there were any survivors, they found only two, Their names where Takeno & Takumi Fujiwara they were young samurai from far beyond the land of Graal who had their homes burnt to the ground.

The townsfolk nurtured the two samurai back to health and took them in,
They pledged their undying allegiance to the Shogun of the samurai
Zalinto Bosh. The Fujiwara’s began the arduous task of becoming great
And respected samurai among their peers, they toiled on a number of tasks
To greater themselves and their kingdom.

The Fujiwara’s then set about setting up their own Clan within the Samurai
Kingdom so as people could join them in their tasks and service to the Shogun……..The Fujiwara Clan was born! (to be continued……)

Zurkiba
07-27-2005, 07:27 PM
On a stormy night off the coast of samurai island a small ship washed ashore,
It was nothing but a wreck, battered and broken from the rocks that were littered everywhere. Some folk from the small samurai fishing village near by came out to see if there were any survivors, they found only two, Their names where Takeno & Takumi Fujiwara they were young samurai from far beyond the land of Graal who had their homes burnt to the ground.

The townsfolk nurtured the two samurai back to health and took them in,
They pledged their undying allegiance to the Shogun of the samurai
Zalinto Bosh. The Fujiwara’s began the arduous task of becoming great
And respected samurai among their peers, they toiled on a number of tasks
To greater themselves and their kingdom.

The Fujiwara’s then set about setting up their own Clan within the Samurai
Kingdom so as people could join them in their tasks and service to the Shogun……..The Fujiwara Clan was born! (to be continued……)

Good story... you could possibly tie this in to how yall escaped after the Zormites conquered Samurai. But that happened like a hundred or two years ago.

damrog
07-28-2005, 02:28 PM
Here is some more information about the clan .... if u have any questions just ask and i can clarify it for u! P.s. we are looking for people to become involved with the clan

Clan Titles!

Clan Retainer – Leader
Clan Elder – Respected Member
Clan Surf – Member
Clan Initiate – New Member

Clan Creed!

I have no parents; I make the Heavens and the Earth my parents
I have no divine power; I make honesty my Divine Power.
I have no strategy; I make the Right to Kill and the Right to Restore Life my Strategy
I have no tactics; I make Emptiness and Fullness my Tactics
I have no talent; I make Ready Wit my Talent
I have no castle; I make Immovable Mind my Castle
I have no sword; I make No Mind my Sword.

Clan Rules!

1. A member must first respect the rules and ranks of the Samurai Kingdom
2. A member must also respect the rules and titles of their clan
3. A member must swear their allegiance to their Shogun and Kingdom
4. A member must also swear allegiance to their Clan and its Retainers
5. Members must work together for common goals of clan and kingdom
6. Members must strive to better themselves
7. When role playing members must act like samurai and be aware of the clan creed
8. A player must not join for personal gain of any sort
9. In respect to the Samurai Kingdom clan members are expected to lead by example.

Zurkiba
07-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Peace is a lie, There is only passion;
Through Passion, I gain strength;
Through Strength, I gain power;
Through power, I gain victory;
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Huzzah!
Anyways, wouldn't the leader of a higher clan be a Daimyo? And your creed seems to go against some sound Samurai and Asian morals:
'I have no parents' - dumping your parents?
'I have no strategy; I make the Right to Kill and the Right to Restore Life my Strategy' - brute force?
'I have no castle' - dumping the Emperor and his family?

GryffonDurime
07-28-2005, 05:47 PM
And it's SERF. Not surf.

damrog
07-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Zurkiba ... last night u professed to know samurai history and the such but clearly u know nothing ... because if u did u would know that the creed i have written are parts of the Samurai Creed Of Bushido.... and u dont get much more samurai then that .... also .. what business is it of yours in these matters? with all due respect i dont see why you have to make such smart comments about everything i post... what is your problem?

damrog
07-28-2005, 06:26 PM
also daimyo is a kingdom rank and i did not wish to use any kingdom ranks in the clan

GryffonDurime
07-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Zurkiba ... last night u professed to know samurai history and the such but clearly u know nothing ... because if u did u would know that the creed i have written are parts of the Samurai Creed Of Bushido.... and u dont get much more samurai then that .... also .. what business is it of yours in these matters? with all due respect i dont see why you have to make such smart comments about everything i post... what is your problem?

Again, you're double posting; in addition to butchering the English language.

It's an open forum. Zurkiba's one of the elder RPers in this scenario, I'd say he's fairly qualified to make an assesment. Indeed, your creed does have parts that break the fundamentals of asian culture. For one, strategy and tactics are synonyms. So there's no need for you to get hostile just because he pointed out that your clan's motto makes little sense.

damrog
07-28-2005, 08:24 PM
LOL ... thats interesting, are you saying then that the samurai that wrote the creed hundreds of years ago actually were loony and werent really part of asian or japanese culture? I would find that hard to believe, those statements there are more Samurai and asian then i'm sure any of u are seen as how your both american.

In continuance, both of you are showing the knowledge and maturity of a chimp, by not writing anything constructive and simply picking flaws in the thread which arent particularly anything to do with the topic itself. Futhermore if you really want to get picky we are talking about a 2D RP Game which has little basis on real life.

And another point Zurkiba may be an "Elder RPer" but I fail to see how that makes him an expert on japanese history and culture, maybe an "expert" in role playing but that does not correlate to being a well versed historian.

Finally, My clans motto may not make any sense to you but there could be a number of reasons for this 1. could be because u choose not to make sense of it as you seem to enjoy pointing out other peoples mistakes and 2. It could be because you simply dont possess the intellect to understand such philosophically based texts.

P.S. MY MOTHER ALWAYS SAID IF U HAVENT GOT ANYTHING NICE TO SAY DONT SAY IT AT ALL!!! TAKE A LEAF OUT OF HER BOOK!

Brad
07-28-2005, 09:05 PM
you really should shutup while you're ahead stupid 12 post guy who i never heard of before. I'm getting mad. Oh and please write you instead of u damnit.

Zurkiba
07-29-2005, 03:03 AM
And it still makes no sense. Asians respect their elders, always, why would they claim to have no parents?

LOL ... thats interesting, are you saying then that the samurai that wrote the creed hundreds of years ago actually were loony and werent really part of asian or japanese culture? I would find that hard to believe, those statements there are more Samurai and asian then i'm sure any of u are seen as how your both american.

In continuance, both of you are showing the knowledge and maturity of a chimp, by not writing anything constructive and simply picking flaws in the thread which arent particularly anything to do with the topic itself. Futhermore if you really want to get picky we are talking about a 2D RP Game which has little basis on real life.

And another point Zurkiba may be an "Elder RPer" but I fail to see how that makes him an expert on japanese history and culture, maybe an "expert" in role playing but that does not correlate to being a well versed historian.

Finally, My clans motto may not make any sense to you but there could be a number of reasons for this 1. could be because u choose not to make sense of it as you seem to enjoy pointing out other peoples mistakes and 2. It could be because you simply dont possess the intellect to understand such philosophically based texts.

P.S. MY MOTHER ALWAYS SAID IF U HAVENT GOT ANYTHING NICE TO SAY DONT SAY IT AT ALL!!! TAKE A LEAF OUT OF HER BOOK!
First off, you understand that you quoted your mother (I guess) that says 'If you havent got anything nice to say dont say it at all' right after you called us chimps. Right?

BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THAT THERE ARE NO ASIANS IN AMERICA RIGHT!

But hey, you spoke of philosophy in your post(s) - I'll give you a lesson on it.
You say that we have the intelligence of a chimp because we have not put anything constructive into the informational thread. HOWEVER, you took my questions as insulting gestures. Therefore, you are the obstructionist in the posts of this thread. Gryffon was merely defending me, because he too saw that you were being hostile for no reason. Dont blame me for your hostilities, it is your fault. If I were to call Gryffon a stupid chimp, he wouldn't take it harshly - but if I call you a stupid chimp then you will take it harshly.

No one is claiming that I am an expert on Asian history.

We choose not to make sense of it? If I go khasjd hgalsh gjlsdghfsdaf and you go 'What', does that mean I can go "You're just not choosing to make sense out of it"
It could be because we simply dont possess the intellect to understand such philosophically based texts? Trust me, I understand Philosophy. Moreso the philosophy of war (Klausewitz, Sun Tzu, etc). Saying "I have no parents, the earth and the sun are my parents" is not a philosophical statement, it could be considered a lot of things including comparisons and/or secondary meanings.

damrog
07-29-2005, 07:15 AM
Think b4 your act Zurkiba .... go and research on a topic like this before saying something, i have nothing more to say on the matter as its becoming and endles loop lets have a WIN/WIN not a WIN/LOSE

GryffonDurime
07-29-2005, 09:02 AM
Think b4 your act Zurkiba .... go and research on a topic like this before saying something, i have nothing more to say on the matter as its becoming and endles loop lets have a WIN/WIN not a WIN/LOSE

Right. Win/Win as in trying to end a fight by practially baiting someone into replying with much wrath and rage. Perhaps you should research something, such as the proper structure of the English language. For example, you'll notice that I just spent the entire fraction of a second to type "for" as opposed to "4". This helps you both by clarrifying that you are not reffering to a game of bingo, and makes you look older than eleven. It may also help you garner some sliver, some tiny little inkling of credibility towards your "research". Could we please your bibliography, then? I'm sure you've got your sources all properly cited, considering how ferociously indignant you were towards Zurkiba. Surely if his knowledge dosen't accord with yours that must mean he is automatically wrong.

MaGGiC
07-29-2005, 10:07 AM
Hi all this is my first post on this site. I am a new member to the graal game and i just want to say its scored a high number in my rating of games.

But to more important matters

I am not here to agree or disagree with anyone, but we are new to graal kingdoms and are still learning some customs to kingdoms and i spose we are trying hard to adhear to those. But we still are a new clan within a kingdom and are still working out how we want to play it, so if everyone bears with us while its all figured out that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fujiwara, Takumi

Zurkiba
07-29-2005, 04:49 PM
I'm not putting up to question if that creed was historically accurate or not. You however, like you have done a lot in this thread, have put words in my mouth that were not present. I'm putting to question if it makes sense in congruance to the Asian cultures of the world - which it doesn't. Personally, that creed seems more like a creed of a Ronin then a Samurai.

And it's only an endless loop because you keep making it that. You also keep going into this endless loop thinking that we're here to argue. We came to ask questions and you jumped all on us for no reason.

damrog
07-29-2005, 08:04 PM
I think you should try posing constructive questions not deconstructive ones then Zurkiba. To me it appears you are trying to make me look like a fool, I have an arts degree majoring in law and business and i run several of my own business's, i also studied Ancient history as one of my topics at university ........ you make the call who would be smarter? also on a side issue seen as how someone made the comment of "butchering the english language" i would like to raise the question: 'since when did internet english become obsolete?' i am just curious because the substitution
between 'For' and '4' only exsists on the internet! that is all i have had enough bickering for one week.

GryffonDurime
07-29-2005, 09:50 PM
I think you should try posing constructive questions not deconstructive ones then Zurkiba. To me it appears you are trying to make me look like a fool, I have an arts degree majoring in law and business and i run several of my own business's, i also studied Ancient history as one of my topics at university ........ you make the call who would be smarter? also on a side issue seen as how someone made the comment of "butchering the english language" i would like to raise the question: 'since when did internet english become obsolete?' i am just curious because the substitution
between 'For' and '4' only exsists on the internet! that is all i have had enough bickering for one week.

I believe a college graduate who supposedly runs his own businesses would probably Recognize that you're presenting yourself to the game just as you would to associates, and use proper English. Honestly? If all we have to go on is your word, yeah, we'll believe your a big businessman with an "arts degree in law and business". When the sun cools.

Morinya
07-30-2005, 01:37 AM
Think b4 your act Zurkiba .... go and research on a topic like this before saying something
I think you better go research a bit about the history of feudal japan, Zurkiba is pretty right about this topic, he seems to know more about feudal Japan than you so let him say what he thinks about it.
The leader of the clan should be a Daimyo it doesn't matter that this is a kingdom rank, in feudal japan the Daimyo's where the lords or landlords that ruled over a town or clan and they had of course an army that served (and betrayed) the Shogun.
But who am I to decide what you and Bosh have to do I guess I'll just say: have fun with it and try to stay alive a bit longer than the clans before this one.

Zurkiba
07-30-2005, 02:19 AM
You appear to be the only person who finds my questions as 'deconstructive ones'.

Would you care to explain what an arts degree in law and buisness is?

Just because you went to some college, well it does not mean that you are the most intelligent person to walk the face of the world. Nor does it discredit my own words. (I'd like to cite the post where Etien says he's majoring in whatever in his college)

The internet language is just like any other butchered language. If a person came up to you and started to jabber in say incomplete ebonics, would you take them seriously? Doubtful. 'For' and '4' may only exist on the internet, however it is the same language. When you type '4' instead of 'for;fore,etc' then you appear to be lazy and stupid, it's a sad truth.

Smutastic
07-30-2005, 02:32 AM
I love you Zurkiba and I'm soon going to create my own "Zurk Clan Fanclub".