PDA

View Full Version : ...Zone has died :(...

SayianOozaru
07-18-2005, 11:55 PM
last night i went to get on Zone.....and only 5 people were on. Ever since the trials(most of Zone players were Trials) where reduced to 80 hp, and weren't allowed to use Guild Tags, There has only been a decrease in the number of players, i had 2 friends im me on aim telling me about how easy it is to kill trials now, so they've decided to quit. And there are more people i no that have quit..

1) Muroku (i think)
2) Touya (plays un now)
3) DangerBoy (plays un now)
4) Pip (quit Graal, he only liked Zone...)
5) Edge (same as Pip)

...there are more, but i'm not sure if they have quit graal or where they are, and these are only people i no....Zone went from 30 players (before the Zone Wars map) to 70 players (release of Zone wars map) to 30 or 40 players (When Zone wars map got old) down to maybe 20 (the most i've seen on since the changes were made).....i started this thread because this all happened when Gambet brought it up a couple of days before his gold expired...he ruined Zone and he doesn't even play anymore....i have not been on the forums lately, so i have no idea why this happened, but last time i was here, Gambet had started a thread about limiting the Trial accs. So thought i'd post this thread to see if you guys like or dislike the changes made :/ cause i don't :/ (maybe if alot of people don't like the changes it'll go back to the way it was and we can get all of our players back ^^)

Rick
07-19-2005, 12:03 AM
It is a gold server. Plain and simple.

Curt1zzle
07-19-2005, 12:05 AM

Here, here, lassy!

SayianOozaru
07-19-2005, 12:27 AM
ok, well what's the point in keeping a server a gold server if only 10-20 people play? all(or most) p2p accounts play GK. all the Trial acc's are on Zone almost ALL the time, maybe there'll be like a couple of players that are trial on GK....but that's only maybe....i'm trying to tell everyone that Zone has lost the majority of it's players, because they don't like how they have 80 hp, and don't get to use guild tags. So they either quit graal, or go to un......even some gold acc's because it's to easy to kill trials now.

Akoalin
07-19-2005, 12:34 AM
When trials got 80 hp, most quit. We should find another way to restrict them that won't make them quit..

Rick
07-19-2005, 12:35 AM
When trials got 80 hp, most quit. We should find another way to restrict them that won't make them quit..Trial mode is to *try the server*, not play it.

jkool666
07-19-2005, 12:55 AM
Touya didnt quit lol i convinced him to stay lol hes a good buddy... and ya sayain is right alot of people will also quit at the release of armour (Still release it! lol) but ya trials will have basically half what a gold subscribed person with armour will have.... You also need to think of it as you were them (i was about 2 weeks ago lol) you have 80hp going up against somone who has 150hp you already have the odds against you and you need to be very good to not die... But also i guess not many people can afford the armour but if its going to be 14k then people can easily obtain it (i got 14k in 3 days)

juice188
07-19-2005, 01:10 AM
zone lost its fancy...PERIOD

MisterMastermind
07-19-2005, 01:45 AM
I like the new 80hp for trials bcuz its easier kills for p2p. ^^ But I have to admit the no global guild tag suX (with a capital x). I'm only a zone player so I see the huge drop in ppl playing Zone, I think u could fix it with more events (like 2 a week). 1 of them for every1 and the other for p2p only

Methril
07-19-2005, 01:48 AM
I never liked Zone, and I disliked it even more after all of the star wars things were added to it.

VulcanP2P
07-19-2005, 02:07 AM
I never liked Zone, and I disliked it even more after all of the star wars things were added to it.

Then don't post here. :whatever:

MisterMastermind
07-19-2005, 02:17 AM
what he said.

RecycleBin
07-19-2005, 02:33 AM
Pay up then fools.

Crono
07-19-2005, 02:57 AM

So? No ones gonna upgrade to play a server wth 20 people on it. They want players.

jkool666
07-19-2005, 03:24 AM
VERY!!! good point

RecycleBin
07-19-2005, 03:28 AM
I suggest a world for all Trials like GK has.

haro41
07-19-2005, 03:29 AM
make a lock in program. give them full access for a limited amount of time. once the time is up, they have aquired kills, a decent rank, maybe some cool weapons. and they wont want to lose that; giving them an incentive to upgrade and not loose their hard work.

Dreth
07-19-2005, 03:36 AM
I like the new 80hp for trials bcuz its easier kills for p2p. ^^
And yer a frigin idiot.

Zone has died alot. I think that the trials should get 100hp back. Imean, isnt it bad enough that they cant save their stats? what esle do you need as incentive(usually)?

kenyonandelliot
07-19-2005, 03:37 AM
Gold Server is killing Zone.. and one of there developers stopped playing because its gold.. It should go back to the classic tab, then more people will play and Gambet will possibly come back.

Since the trials were changed since people didn't like how they were good, they lost half the count. It would of been smarter to let them play, and theres no point to trial on that server since you can still play and have fun even when you lose your stuff.

My suggestion would be to change it to Classic, like before, and to not limit the trials.

Splke
07-19-2005, 03:50 AM

Agreed.

~

Zone is boring. Zone is just alot of spiffy guns thrown together without any real thought. It's trivial to play it; there's so many gaps in gameplay you just want to shoot yourself.

Maybe that's what happened to Kai.. he played zone. x-x

Dreth
07-19-2005, 03:57 AM
Gold Server is killing Zone.. and one of there developers stopped playing because its gold.. It should go back to the classic tab, then more people will play and Gambet will possibly come back.

Since the trials were changed since people didn't like how they were good, they lost half the count. It would of been smarter to let them play, and theres no point to trial on that server since you can still play and have fun even when you lose your stuff.

My suggestion would be to change it to Classic, like before, and to not limit the trials.
I don't know if Gambet would come back if i was classic...
or did his gold/vip/whatever run out?

Changing it to classic would be a good idea. Also change it so theres more than one GP or whatever...
No offense, but i think Gambet has become uptight...

haunter
07-19-2005, 04:29 AM
You shouldn't be trying to convince the G.O. company to make Zone free... You should be convincing them to make Zone worth these people's money... Then you would have so many upgraded people with full HP that you wouldn't have to worry about trial accounts not playing anymore. -_-;

Python523
07-19-2005, 04:45 AM
A server where the only thing to do is play the same 4-5 events over and over again is doomed to fail.

jkool666
07-19-2005, 04:50 AM
Then i think that they should hold more events.... You know give some lucky people the chance to get a new weapon that no one else has (reapers).
Also upload armour that original stuff that sayain made i thought looked fine. Adding new things make the game more exciting hense ppl dont quit...

VulcanP2P
07-19-2005, 05:06 AM
Then i think that they should hold more events.... You know give some lucky people the chance to get a new weapon that no one else has (reapers).
Also upload armour that original stuff that sayain made i thought looked fine. Adding new things make the game more exciting hense ppl dont quit...
Stefan and I are going to be hosting more events soon. There will be more updates soon. Stefan has been busy with v4 and the new updates to Graal in general.

kenyonandelliot
07-19-2005, 05:25 AM
I suggest a world for all Trials like GK has.

dude thats a world for everyone.. not just trials.

Bl0nkt
07-19-2005, 07:33 AM
Keep it up and graalonline will soon require you to upgrade your P2P all together after your time expires.

Curt1zzle
07-19-2005, 08:05 AM
It's like Tactical Skirmish on Era - except not as good, and played over and over...with no main server to go back to.

Magadal
07-19-2005, 03:10 PM
When trials got 80 hp, most quit. We should find another way to restrict them that won't make them quit..

max ammo of 150...?:>

Crono
07-19-2005, 03:14 PM
It's like Tactical Skirmish on Era - except not as good, and played over and over...with no main server to go back to.

So is counterstrike but thats **** popular.

StormYs
07-20-2005, 12:20 AM
Anyway I say give the Trials 100 hp, but let them have restricitions on a few weapons, a few good and a few bad ones. also you could restrict trials to olny buy 2 medipacks instead of 5.

jkool666
07-20-2005, 12:36 AM
Ya that would work but make sure they still have appirces, if they dont have those EVERY good trial will quit and its more likey that good trials will upgrade to gold.

Zurkiba
07-20-2005, 01:06 AM
As long as they paid right?

Crono
07-20-2005, 02:16 AM
For a second there I thought it said Zurkiba has died...

jkool666
07-20-2005, 02:35 AM
What i ment by dont take away appirces is make sure that trials always get to use it. It is obviously the best weapon since all the best players use it. Check scoreboards if you think otherwise. So if you take that gun away trial players will get angry and not ever want to upgrade. Get it?

MisterMastermind
07-20-2005, 02:49 AM
How can you know what you're talking about (eg: Zone) if you don't play zone? :confused:

jkool666
07-20-2005, 03:12 AM
But i do play lol. And also jar jar, you should know that appirces are the best gun

haunter
07-20-2005, 04:25 AM
Nobody's listening. Stop trying to figure out ways to keep Trials as long term players... What needs to happen is these Trial Players need to be convinced that Zone is worth their $44 a year.

Stefan is running a business here. He wants people to purchase accounts to play on his servers. He's not going to give them more of a reason not to pay him money.

jkool666
07-20-2005, 05:44 AM
Nobody's listening. Stop trying to figure out ways to keep Trials as long term players... What needs to happen is these Trial Players need to be convinced that Zone is worth their $44 a year.

Stefan is running a business here. He wants people to purchase accounts to play on his servers. He's not going to give them more of a reason not to pay him money.
First of all yes i realize stefan is trying to run a buisness. But tell me this much, (this is just an example) If your favorite store began to raise their prices alot and their was another store just down the road (a different online game) and the store down the road had the same items for lower prices which would you go to, keeping in mind that your favorite store just made you angry (*** example i know lol)

Hiro
07-20-2005, 05:59 AM
Told ya' so!!

p2p_Sir_Link
07-20-2005, 06:09 AM
I say good riddance. Less idiots jeopardizing paid members stats, because they get a few lucky shots in after you just battled someone with actual talents.

EDIT:
Who cares if Zone lost non-paying members? I assume Unixmad and Stefan don't.

kenyonandelliot
07-20-2005, 06:26 AM
They should put their hp back.. just lower the amount of ammo they can have and make them not be able to buy the things in the misc sing, and then make the prices to buy things for them a little higher.

I say good riddance. Less idiots jeopardizing paid members stats, because they get a few lucky shots in after you just battled someone with actual talents.

If you had talent then you would of killed them. It's not their fault that you and others can't play as good as them.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-20-2005, 06:54 AM
Dip****, right after I owned you on a trial, and you had a damned plasmasabre. I think you should refrain from speaking.

kenyonandelliot
07-20-2005, 07:35 AM
Dip****, right after I owned you on a trial, and you had a damned plasmasabre. I think you should refrain from speaking.

Dream on I never got owned on that game, maybe during the weeks days when I have trial on gold server. If you get owned by trials then you should refrain from speaking. Being trial doesn't suck, and its easy to kick ass even though you have 80 hp.

Zurkiba
07-20-2005, 07:54 AM
First of all yes i realize stefan is trying to run a buisness. But tell me this much, (this is just an example) If your favorite store began to raise their prices alot and their was another store just down the road (a different online game) and the store down the road had the same items for lower prices which would you go to, keeping in mind that your favorite store just made you angry (*** example i know lol)
However the simple fact remains that
1) Graal aint raising it's prices
2) The store down the road aint selling the same thing
3) You're angry at your favorite store for giving free stuff to people you dont know, yet you pay a subscription to get stuff on an interval basis?

Magadal
07-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Anyway I say give the Trials 100 hp, but let them have restricitions on a few weapons, a few good and a few bad ones. also you could restrict trials to olny buy 2 medipacks instead of 5.

i like these ideas...maybe they should not can use ap pirces?._. only an idea....

Admins
07-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Things will be changed once the new guest accounts thing will be started. Also a lot of things are in preparation for Zone, several new weapons are already done and will be added soon, events will be hold for new event items, new maps are being worked on for guild fights and for ctf, and the missions are also making progress.
May be the speeders should be disabled for now and be reserved for a new map?

jkool666
07-20-2005, 07:44 PM
However the simple fact remains that
1) Graal aint raising it's prices
2) The store down the road aint selling the same thing
3) You're angry at your favorite store for giving free stuff to people you dont know, yet you pay a subscription to get stuff on an interval basis?
What my point was isnt about graal raising prices its not.... and also the store down the road would be another online game as an example Runescape I used to play that, and ya im not saying i have a problem about graal its that trial players might. nvm lol now u confused me

kenyonandelliot
07-20-2005, 08:07 PM
Things will be changed once the new guest accounts thing will be started. Also a lot of things are in preparation for Zone, several new weapons are already done and will be added soon, events will be hold for new event items, new maps are being worked on for guild fights and for ctf, and the missions are also making progress.
May be the speeders should be disabled for now and be reserved for a new map?

Thats a good plan but the speeders shouldn't be disabled.. They get destroyed easily, even though they move fast they have 80 hp and die easily.

Admins
07-20-2005, 08:14 PM
What my point was isnt about graal raising prices its not.... and also the store down the road would be another online game as an example Runescape I used to play that, and ya im not saying i have a problem about graal its that trial players might. nvm lol now u confused me

That game is more expensive than Graal Gold subscription though, not to speak of Graal Classic Membership

jkool666
07-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Lol i know it sux. Hense i play graal ;).

VulcanP2P
07-20-2005, 08:36 PM
I think if the flying on the speeders was gone and they were like the old ones and shot bullets it would be better.

Dreth
07-21-2005, 01:43 AM
I know what you mean...
Runescape is cheaper at first, but if you want to keep yer nifty status, thats $5 a month for who knows how long...
Rs is pretty good anyways though...
F2ps can keep their junk, they just dont get dragon items and such junk, or other quests...

Stefan, not trying to sound contrary, but rs is cheaper, in a way...
If you consider most of the servers there as classic, and the members and gold and the other types, the f2ps there get a better deal. they dont lose stats when they log off, they keep it. they just dont get quests... Its kinda like p2p for classic servers, but then you get gold servers... $5 a month for rs, but about 5 1/3 a month for graal 3 months. True, its cheaper after 3 months, but the rs members seem to get more for their money...

If yuo consider this :spam: , tell me, or ignore it...

kenyonandelliot
07-21-2005, 05:21 AM
hehe, it looks like graal has a competion

jkool666
07-21-2005, 05:46 AM
Runescape MUST be doing somthing right..... today i went on just to see how many ppl play... They have about 20 MEMBERS ONLY servers with about over 1300 people in each of them.... Maybe because their trial players arnt introduced to things that are eventually taken away.... And also when i got good at that game i imediatly wanted to be a member. So maybe that will apply for graal to the better you get the more you will want to upgrade...

kenyonandelliot
07-21-2005, 05:51 AM
maybe because the quests last for a few days.. the member servers have tons of quests that will take a few months to do. Us? Nah heck no we just do 1 hour and we're done.

jkool666
07-21-2005, 06:09 AM
lol :).
Still graal has guns (some servers anyways) and i think that i will NEVER play that game when all that stuff it released that wuz said to be released

xAndrewx
07-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Zone isn't dead.

Python523
07-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Runescape MUST be doing somthing right..... today i went on just to see how many ppl play... They have about 20 MEMBERS ONLY servers with about over 1300 people in each of them.... Maybe because their trial players arnt introduced to things that are eventually taken away.... And also when i got good at that game i imediatly wanted to be a member. So maybe that will apply for graal to the better you get the more you will want to upgrade...

Except graal isn't just one overall thing put across many servers (which only exist so one server doesn't get overloaded). Graal would have to be more centralized for that to happen or have one really popular, actually good, server with hundreds of people on it.

Curt1zzle
07-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Except graal isn't just one overall thing put across many servers (which only exist so one server doesn't get overloaded). Graal would have to be more centralized for that to happen or have one really popular, actually good, server with hundreds of people on it.

We can fuse all the servers together...and make...ONE ULTRA MEGAZORD SERVER!

http://www.toyarchive.com/STAForSale/NEW2001+/PowerRangers/Zords/MegazordOriginalLoose1a.jpg

(That's the third time I've made reference to the Megazord in 2 days...It must be a calling.)

Blackdragon
07-21-2005, 05:52 PM
KK well the best thing i think we can make items that are good like plasma sabers or blue rifles and i don't know why people think blue rifle is cheap i can easy take it out with the smg best way is to take away the 80 hp rule and give them 100 or this server will die and be replaced by another

konidias
07-21-2005, 07:14 PM
I never really got into Zone. It isn't really "Graal" and I don't like the fact that there isn't really anything to do aside from kill kill kill. I mean, Counterstrike is successful because it's an excellent first person shooter. Zone is nothing like CS and can't really be compared to it on ANY level.

I agree that the solution to the problem is not going to be solved by giving Trials MORE freedom. I think once they implement the "friend can pay for your upgrade" feature, then it will bring more upgrades to Graal. Most people just don't have a way of paying for the upgrade, even if they have the money and want to. Either because they have no way to do it, or it's too much work.

Trial use is exactly what the name implies. It's a trial. It's to test the game, to see if you like the game... not to play the game for months on end and never upgrade. It's not a "free" mode, which I think most people confuse it as. A pay per month think might work though... if it were cheap enough. Some people might not want to be committed to the game for 6 months to a year. Especially a game like Zone where there isn't really any benefit to reserving gold for 6-12 months. If it's like 40 a year for gold, they could sell monthly subscriptions for like $3.

jkool666
07-21-2005, 08:16 PM
We can fuse all the servers together...and make...ONE ULTRA MEGAZORD SERVER!

http://www.toyarchive.com/STAForSale/NEW2001+/PowerRangers/Zords/MegazordOriginalLoose1a.jpg

(That's the third time I've made reference to the Megazord in 2 days...It must be a calling.)
***** ur my hero man XDXDXD

Dreth
07-21-2005, 09:30 PM
I agree that the solution to the problem is not going to be solved by giving Trials MORE freedom. I think once they implement the "friend can pay for your upgrade" feature, then it will bring more upgrades to Graal. Most people just don't have a way of paying for the upgrade, even if they have the money and want to. Either because they have no way to do it, or it's too much work.
Thats a good idea... one of my friends wants to upgrade, but his parents wont let him, so if a friend(me?) were able to pay fro him, that could really get people getting gold and VIP.
pay per month think might work though... if it were cheap enough. Some people might not want to be committed to the game for 6 months to a year. Especially a game like Zone where there isn't really any benefit to reserving gold for 6-12 months. If it's like 40 a year for gold, they could sell monthly subscriptions for like $3.
Thats a good idea too...
You can go for 3 months too, but what if you want gold/VIP for just one month? Then you have 2 extra months of wasted time...
O, currently on RS, there are 131740 people online...
I'm wiling to bet that servers 1 and 2 are loaded.

StormYs
07-21-2005, 11:30 PM
I agree that the speeders must be disabled on zone wars and be putted in a ne map.

VulcanP2P
07-22-2005, 12:12 AM
I agree that the speeders must be disabled on zone wars and be putted in a ne map.

On the new Guild Wars map only pilots will be able to use them. ^^

protagonist
07-22-2005, 12:51 AM
A server where the only thing to do is play the same 4-5 events over and over again is doomed to fail.
Yeah. All those 24/7 dust maps in CS are empty.

SayianOozaru
07-22-2005, 01:44 AM
well just found out that when/if my armor is released, all of the rest of my trial friends will be quitting :( PLZ give them there hp back :(

jkool666
07-22-2005, 05:39 AM
So??? Graal has about 1k ppl "at most" On EVERY one of its servers right now...... Runescape has about 2k people on "1" of its servers now.... and also thats ALL members not half members half trials...
But still graal owns it lol

Python523
07-22-2005, 06:26 AM
Yeah. All those 24/7 dust maps in CS are empty.
Yeah. Since Graal and Counterstrike are the EXACT SAME THING. Man, I feel so enlightened.

StormYs
07-22-2005, 11:32 AM
On the new Guild Wars map only pilots will be able to use them. ^^

ah that's nice.

protagonist
07-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Yeah. Since Graal and Counterstrike are the EXACT SAME THING. Man, I feel so enlightened.
Same with Starcraft and countless other games. It is not impossible to engineer a game which has a good replay value. Even Diablo II was replayed alot and it was definately repetitive.

If the proper amount of time and effort were spent on a flagship server, Graal would be much better off.

Python523
07-22-2005, 03:11 PM
If the proper amount of time and effort were spent on a flagship server, Graal would be much better off.
That's the point I was trying to make :|

Wind_Master
07-23-2005, 06:33 AM
zone isnt dying cause of the new rules it just getting boring.....i started playing about the same time gambet and tao were the best it got so boring......if u noticed all the good ppl quit riley....tao....gambet.......muroku......firebox.. ....silos......and now me
because it got boring so fast

Dreth
07-23-2005, 06:43 PM
if u noticed all the good ppl quit riley....tao....gambet.......muroku......firebox.. ....silos......and now me
because it got boring so fast
Tao(SIWIN) lat i knew ran out of gold...

And... you?

GOOD people, you say?

then why are you on the list?
And Gambet just never goes on player

jkool666
07-23-2005, 07:03 PM
Tao(SIWIN) lat i knew ran out of gold...

And... you?

GOOD people, you say?

then why are you on the list?
And Gambet just never goes on player
Yes jin is good, Swine does have p2p also he plays GK and i see him on there

Dreth
07-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Dangit, you werent supposed to quote me!!!
Siwin does have gold? hmmm...

Wind_Master
07-24-2005, 04:00 AM
dude the post it just saying good ppl quit....when jesse is the best he will problly stop playing zone as much....cause it just gets boring

Huwajux
07-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Speaking of people quitting, why don't I ever see you on any more Sayian?

Wind_Master
07-25-2005, 10:29 PM
zone is stupid now 2 many newbs think they r good only ppl i think r good r: me...stormy...trojan......ice.....touya....jesse.. ..ace.....and towelie

Dreth
07-25-2005, 11:12 PM
zone is stupid now 2 many newbs think they r good only ppl i think r good r: me...stormy...trojan......ice.....touya....jesse.. ..ace.....and towelie
lern 2 tipe rite

You forgot Siwin...

Wind_Master
07-26-2005, 02:09 AM
sry i dont think hes good

Wind_Master
07-26-2005, 04:07 AM
why do ppl think tao is so good??? hes not good now so get over...i used 2 play when tao was really good and i was still almost as good as him and that was when i was bad...so he never will be the "player of the century for zone"
so just gte over him....he got owned by towelie btw :megaeek:

Wind_Master
07-27-2005, 01:01 AM
neway bside the point 2 many people r quitting zone bcause of the trial disadvantages so what i was thinking 2 make more ppl p2p is charge a certain amout 4 each server like for classic server make it like 8$ a year just 4 1 classic server and make it like 12$ a year just for 1 gold server so more ppl might become p2p

wow now that i realize....damn my grammer does suck