PDA

View Full Version : Hiring for Myrrodin

Sulukra
07-18-2005, 07:50 AM
The Role Playing Server of Myrrodin is currently hiring LATs, GATs, and NATs. Currently, Myrrodin has the following finished:
One town
Part of a tileset
1/5th of the outside levels for another town.

For hiring information, feel free to either log onto the server or E-Mail me at [email protected]

-This message was posted at the will of the Co-Owner of Myrrodin.

Edit:I added some of the below pictures so you could see some of the weapons/levels/tiles we have already. Enjoy.

Sulukra
08-16-2005, 09:57 AM
Myrrodin has gotten some new stuff lately. Such as a farming system, a mining system, and a few new weapons. We're still working on our overworld, which is partially open to the public. One six-level outside town is open to the public, where you can mine, buy weapons, and race pigs. (Pig races are every half hour; they don't need to be run by staff.) We also have an addictive (sometimes) PvP system. We are still hiring gani makers, LATs, and GATs. If you are interested in a job, you can either E-Mail the above e-mail (One post above, to be exact) or log onto Myrrodin.

Matt
08-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Nice graphics. :)

Sulukra
08-16-2005, 10:53 PM
Yeah, everyone thinks so. Our Graphics Artist, SmeewN, is inactive as of late. But who knows, maybe he'll come back some day and finish his tileset off. Or we'll get a new one, another reason why we're looking for a GAT.

Sulukra
08-22-2005, 03:00 AM
Well, Myrrodin now has a world map to walk in (Mind you, theres only two places to go; a blocked off road and the starting town.) If you look over the mountains though, you will see that there is a town there. As soon as the lazy miners decide to clear the boulder from the mountain passage, the town will be open to the public. Myrrodin is still in need of LATs and GATs. Mainly GATs who can make tilesets. We no longer need an NAT, but we are still in need of staff. Also, if you'd like to join the nation Myrrodin (The other nation still isn't up yet, sorry.) Once again, if you would like to tryout for staff, either E-Mail me at [email protected] or log onto Myrrodin. It would be preffered if staff knew how to roleplay.

Sulukra
08-30-2005, 02:32 AM
Yeah OK I get it, no one wants to work on Myrrodin. But if you wanted to know, we're starting work on a new town, and we need a GAT who can make a tileset and an LAT or two.

Edit, since I cant post again:Unfortunately, we only have like, five different tiles of a tileset. So it isnt that big of a tileset, now is it? And the body, yeah, it isn't that good. I'm not saying it is.

Methril
08-30-2005, 02:50 AM
Sorry man but the tiles and the body look pretty bad... maybe the screenshots are turning people away from it?

Or the fact that there are far too many player servers out already. I would say get a better tileset.

mystic2k
08-30-2005, 11:34 PM
hey you know theres a chance any one of t hese servers can get into hosted/classic iff the put nice work into it. And at least 70 of those private servers are never worked on.

Sulukra
08-31-2005, 01:24 AM
Myrrodin is still getting worked on, its just not yet ready to go Hosted. Thats all.

Sulukra
09-13-2005, 11:59 PM
Myrrodin is now in MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR need of an NAT who knows how to use GS2, as GS2 has broken some of our scripts. Help us =(

excaliber7388
09-14-2005, 12:09 AM
man, you are the king of multiple posts >_< gfx are pretty good, its not bad. it looks like you dont have many levels though (as you posted a few nearly blank ones), and they could use some detailing. The gfx aren't bad, but some of them dont fit, and you shouldn't use so many GFX tree tops like that. I wish I could help, but I have my own server, and I don't know GS2 yet. x_x

zim5354
09-14-2005, 12:27 AM
man, you are the king of multiple posts >_< gfx are pretty good, its not bad. it looks like you dont have many levels though (as you posted a few nearly blank ones), and they could use some detailing. The gfx aren't bad, but some of them dont fit, and you shouldn't use so many GFX tree tops like that. I wish I could help, but I have my own server, and I don't know GS2 yet. x_x

its diffrent if there is a time difrence i mean like 5 min between post yah but if its days and such its all good it bumps his thread ontop.

excaliber7388
09-14-2005, 02:44 AM
i know, but did you ever think that there may be other people who want their threads there? Thats why I havn't posted anything im my thread since this was up, because i though it was new, but it's really almost 2 months old x_x common man, it sounds like you want people to do stuff FOR you, not help fix up what you've done, or help improve, but you're asking for other people to make a server for you. One town? Please, there are other servers who have put much more work into what they do, who deserve some time at the top of the thread list, and displayed on the communication center 'home' . Work on improving your server yourself, then ask for help, staff is there to help, not do everything.

Sulukra
09-14-2005, 11:39 PM
First of all, we have more then one town now. We have two, almost three. I made two of the towns and I'm helping to work on the third. I can't honestly say that I made many of the gani weapons, since I didn't. And yeah, I'm a terrible scripter which is why I can't fix our scripts. But we still need a good NAT with a good general knowledge of GS2.

excaliber7388
09-15-2005, 12:09 AM
why did you go gs2? x_x i don't plan to untill i know it very well, enought to replace all my old scripts...i just realized: you pulled the topic back to this server again, and I am helping, whats up with that? You know what would be good advertising? posting on this thread lol. But who would do that?

MysticX2X
09-15-2005, 12:10 AM
gs2 is only online if ur server is gs2 so i dont think you could LEARN it without upgrading.

Sulukra
09-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Yeah thats true. But we do still need an NAT who knows GS2 and a GAT. Also, I think that it'd be appropriate to show you a picture of a stickman in OSL with a disco light. Just because I was bored.

jrrock
09-27-2005, 11:16 PM
yea i pmed you my app eccaliber

Sulukra
09-28-2005, 12:56 AM
You did? I didn't recieve it.

Sulukra
09-30-2005, 02:11 AM
Anyway, Myrrodin is still hiring. Also feel free to come and check out our second town, which you reach by leaving the first and crossing the world map. To leave the first town you have to leave the path to the north and then go through the mountain pass. ISNT IT FUN. Yeah, if you want to be staff on an RPing Server, Myrrodin is da place to be. Jah man.

OniatserSiDog814
10-01-2005, 01:42 AM
Hey i work on myrrodin also...im the admin...and yes we need a few staff positions
NAT
GAT
are mostly wut we need now....and there is a new hotmail account
[email protected]
like said in begining of thread, either email that or just go onto the server....there is usually one or more ppl on the server...THX!

Torankusu_2002
10-01-2005, 06:48 AM
why did you go gs2?
THINK about it.

GS2 is the new format/language of Scripting on graal. In a few months, or year or so even, GS1 will be GONE. That means, the SOONER you can convert all of your scripts to GS2, the less downtime you have. It is BEST to make all of your scripts in GS2 especially since the only people that can play on the playerworlds right now is GOLD players, and they have access to V4 now too. It doesn't make ANY sense to go and script an entire playerworld that is starting development into GS1, ONLY to have to convert it to gs2 later.

It makes a lot more sense to take the time to learn GS2 from the beginning.

excaliber7388
10-01-2005, 04:59 PM
THINK about it.

GS2 is the new format/language of Scripting on graal. In a few months, or year or so even, GS1 will be GONE. That means, the SOONER you can convert all of your scripts to GS2, the less downtime you have. It is BEST to make all of your scripts in GS2 especially since the only people that can play on the playerworlds right now is GOLD players, and they have access to V4 now too. It doesn't make ANY sense to go and script an entire playerworld that is starting development into GS1, ONLY to have to convert it to gs2 later.

It makes a lot more sense to take the time to learn GS2 from the beginning.
Yeah and I do like what I've seen of GS2, but I'm gonna learn it before I put it on DR

Sulukra
10-09-2005, 06:50 AM
Myrrodin is starting work on opening up more of its world to the public! We're still looking for GATs and LATs to help us with this task.

*INSERT POSTER WITH SULUKRA POINTING FINGER AT YOU* SULUKRA WANTS YOU TO JOIN MYRRODIN.

Edit: Here are a few screenies of me and my robo buddiez. In a fight =(

Sulukra
10-16-2005, 12:24 AM
HI GUYS MYRRODIN HAS OPENED ITS NEW WORLD MAP. Yah, compared to the old one, its awesome. Also, we now have a climbing range (Almost open, should open VERY VERY VERY soon) and some new weapons in the weapon shop in Myro Town. CHECK IT OWT.

OniatserSiDog814
10-17-2005, 12:19 AM
We do need helps of some more LATS, GATS, and im pretty sure we dont have a lot of NATs. SO if any one does any of that, come on to Myrrodin and give us a ring. Or Just PM some one O.o.....Im on alot so just PM me. Im usually Restaino. Also like Sulukra said Myrrodin has alotta new stuff...so "CHECK IT OWT." XD

Mykel
10-17-2005, 01:06 AM
Myrrodin is starting work on opening up more of its world to the public! We're still looking for GATs and LATs to help us with this task.

*INSERT POSTER WITH SULUKRA POINTING FINGER AT YOU* SULUKRA WANTS YOU TO JOIN MYRRODIN.

Edit: Here are a few screenies of me and my robo buddiez. In a fight =(I actually like that general house design. Given, it is done with the wrong tiles, but the base idea is actually kinda nice.

However, the level is horrible.

Sulukra
10-20-2005, 12:00 AM
Actually, thats our GAT's office. Some random level, not attached to the server. Yeah. Also, our new forest levels are open (Sure, they're not THAT GOOD, alright. But hey, its better then nothing) on the southern end of the world map. MYRRODIN FOR THE WIN =(

Sulukra
10-23-2005, 04:22 AM
On a very noisy side note, Myrrodin's new instrument shop is open! While we only have two instruments so far (Lute and Ocarina) we plan on releasing more. Its located to the south-west of the inn in the northern city.

EDIT: Got some screenshots of me and some random staff members, jamming. Names on the bottom-left corner, in order from left-to-right. Mhmm. ARENT WE AWESOME.

Sulukra
10-23-2005, 06:39 PM
Sorry for the close together double post, but great news for Myrrodin. Our second way of money making, farming, is now open to the public! Farming includes:
Growing plants
Selling plants
Planting seeds
Selling seeds
And good fun.

Farming can be found way up in the north-west end of the northern city. So, start farming, start making money. Who knows, maybe instrument playing and farming are somehow related?

EDIT: Added a few screenshots on me farming; don't comment on the test level, if you can help it.

Sulukra
11-06-2005, 03:56 AM
Well, Myrrodin has some new stuff open. Yay, we all hope. A list of the new things open are:

-Imp Town
-Aenar Fort (Nation fort)
-A cottage, or is it just that?
-The Is'Ende Estate
-And new world map level connecting it all.

Also, these levels don't hurt your eyes. As much.

EDIT FOR MR. CODEIN:

Thanks for the advice. And you can go ahead and rate the levels if you want, I'm not stopping you.

Codein
11-06-2005, 04:28 AM
Your main levels are pretty straight and that, and the mountains on the overworld map are a little ugly with the little bits of black outline. Either way, it's not a rating thread, so sorry about that.

I think you need to add a bit more variation to the levels before you can attract staff.

ThinkDifferent
11-07-2005, 03:39 PM
Those levels are not too good :(

Sulukra
11-07-2005, 11:49 PM
They may not be good, but they don't hurt your eyes. Thats whats important right now. Stopping our levels from hurting your eyes.

Sulukra
11-24-2005, 11:47 PM
ANYWAY GUYS

Its been awhile since I've updated, so its update time!

We've got some new stuff open. Fishing and Hunting are now open!

Fishing is pretty straight forward; get a rod, go fishing. The usual. You can get a fishing rod in the first town you go to, right outside of OSL.

Hunting is a bit more complicated. To Hunt, you have to use either a spear or bow. To hunt, buy a spear or bow then go to the southern forest. You'll know the hunting range when you see it, trust me. Shoot or stab the wild boars that you find and then proceed to sell the meat you get. This is my personal favourite as far as money making goes.

Also, the northern forest levels are open. I'm too lazy to get a screenshot, and its worth going there to see, in my opinion.

Sulukra
12-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Also, Myrrodin now seriously needs an SAT. A few more LATs would be appreciated, and the server is coming along nicely. Surprisingly.

EDIT FOR METHRIL:Yes, I like Imp Town. Its one of my favourite places, with the imps who are too busy walking around aimlessly to talk to you.

Methril
12-05-2005, 12:17 AM
I like the imp town and the graphics that you made

Thrashsoul3
12-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Most of those levels look rushed, very basic detailing too. The overworld is halfway decent but is not very creative seeing as Valikoria has already implemented that feature. Good luck tho, even if you can't show any Eye candy try expressing all your ideas.