PDA

View Full Version : Fix lightside.

Emily_Cruddas
07-14-2005, 02:54 AM
They are overpowered, mechs are only as fast as someone on foot, where speeders are too fast, mechs cannot shoot diagonally, speeders should not either.

Make plasmasabers two-handed, because right now lightside can tase your mech and cut you down before you can get out properly, If speeders will be fixed then limiting new players or trials from using the electric attack is ok, otherwise it was a dumb idea because a mech is the only other way to bring one down.

Fix the tags too, nobody picks darkside because ....yup,...lightside is overpowered right now, so why would anyone change sides if you have the advantage?

Crono
07-14-2005, 02:57 AM
play arctic

VulcanP2P
07-14-2005, 03:57 AM
They are overpowered, mechs are only as fast as someone on foot, where speeders are too fast, mechs cannot shoot diagonally, speeders should not either

The speeders should be four directions shooting and no flying.

Make plasmasabers two-handed, because right now lightside can tase your mech and cut you down before you can get out properly, If speeders will be fixed then limiting new players or trials from using the electric attack is ok, otherwise it was a dumb idea because a mech is the only other way to bring one down

Plasmasabres should definately be two handed to even it out a bit more.

Fix the tags too, nobody picks darkside because ....yup,...lightside is overpowered right now, so why would anyone change sides if you have the advantage?

I was thinking that trials should be removed from the team every time they die meaning that Gold players can join the team they want to easier.

Dreth
07-14-2005, 04:06 AM
The speeders should be four directions shooting and no flying.

Plasmasabres should definately be two handed to even it out a bit more.

I was thinking that trials should be removed from the team every time they die meaning that Gold players can join the team they want to easier.
4 directions yes, but flying is half the point...

At least they should on Zone wars...

Moderately good idea...

Give Dark Side more fun toys and stuff. Light side has waaaay too many good things. mechs suck, and plasma sabers are awesome, so nobody WANTS to go on dark side. Dark pulsar sux too, no offense...

MasterNuke
07-14-2005, 04:42 AM
Give darkside anti-air flak turrets.

juice188
07-14-2005, 04:48 AM
jesus christ! Stop crying about the lightsaber. And for the speeder just use ur beam power and it fails. =\

Rick
07-14-2005, 04:54 AM
They are overpowered, mechs are only as fast as someone on foot, where speeders are too fast, mechs cannot shoot diagonally, speeders should not either.Agreed. However, instead of taking away their abilities, make it so their projectiles cannot hit anything unless its the same Z. (This way projectiles fly over targets on the ground while flying).

Make plasmasabers two-handed, because right now lightside can tase your mech and cut you down before you can get out properly, If speeders will be fixed then limiting new players or trials from using the electric attack is ok, otherwise it was a dumb idea because a mech is the only other way to bring one down.No. You can *barely* switch between the saber and tazer and have time to taze the mech again. This is a risky maneuver.

Fix the tags too, nobody picks darkside because ....yup,...lightside is overpowered right now, so why would anyone change sides if you have the advantage?Er, what is wrong with tags?

Dreth
07-14-2005, 04:58 AM
jesus christ! Stop crying about the lightsaber. And for the speeder just use ur beam power and it fails. =\
whatev.
Beam goes straight, and you have to be used to it to be any good...

smurfmidgetninja
07-14-2005, 05:01 AM

Lightsabers kill in one hit where as even with a direct hit with the Force Lightning it takes two or three... the speeders move incredibly fast and the Force Lightning works incredibly slow... like you press it and like a second later(a second actually is quite a bit of time) it shoots and the speeder is out of its way.

Admins
07-14-2005, 07:38 AM
Possible solutions:

1. Don't allow speeders for trials, that might be fair since for the beam you also need 4000 exp or so (beam as the main anti-speeder weapon); don't know if trial players will play that map then though

2. Make mechs faster

3. Mounted automatic guns near the bases which can be used by defenders to shoot incoming speeders, would work like the speeder gun in all directions

Amagius
07-14-2005, 07:42 AM
Possible solutions:

1. Don't allow speeders for trials, that might be fair since for the beam you also need 4000 exp or so (beam as the main anti-speeder weapon); don't know if trial players will play that map then though

2. Make mechs faster

3. Mounted automatic guns near the bases which can be used by defenders to shoot incoming speeders, would work like the speeder gun in all directions

While I hate to say it, I think the nerf stick would be most appropriate. It's quite strange to keep doing this Rock, Paper, Scissors technique to handle each imbalance.

kenyonandelliot
07-14-2005, 01:15 PM
Agreed. However, instead of taking away their abilities, make it so their projectiles cannot hit anything unless its the same Z. (This way projectiles fly over targets on the ground while flying).

umm.. that is already added..

whatev.
Beam goes straight, and you have to be used to it to be any good...

You don't have to be good. I seen people just put on the lightning, and they do well.

Lightsabers kill in one hit

No they don't, get your facts straight. They take around 3 hits to kill someone.

Possible solutions:

2. Make mechs faster

I like #2.

Akoalin
07-14-2005, 05:17 PM
No they don't, get your facts straight. They take around 3 hits to kill someone.
It might as well be one hit, you can't move while attacked by the plasmasabre.

smurfmidgetninja
07-14-2005, 05:41 PM
umm.. that is already added..

You don't have to be good. I seen people just put on the lightning, and they do well.

I like #2.

Bull**** lightsabres kill one hit... I spawn and they come up and hit me once and I die....

Akoalin
07-14-2005, 05:53 PM
How about giving darkside sabres too?

Soul-Blade
07-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Someone answer this for me please: How many directions are the dark side mechs?

Can someone please post a screenshot?

Alright I think I found what the mechs look like. Heh, I can see why people are complaining about how weak they are. I will submit some new images shortly and 8 directional mechs, then bother Stefan to upgrade them in order to balance the game.

Dreth
07-14-2005, 10:43 PM
ummmm, I'd say 2 and 3. I dont think spiffing up the mechs will fix the problem...

Emily_Cruddas
07-15-2005, 12:14 AM
What i mean by the tags is, when a match is over whoever is on the light side still has that tag, same with the dark side, and nobody decides to go to the dark side thanks to the major weakness they have, so if you lose your tag AFTER a match then folks would get to change teams.

Bartjuh1992
07-15-2005, 12:41 AM
stop crying the mech is alot of stronger i always use it and it destroys their base alot faster.

Blackdragon
07-15-2005, 11:14 AM
I think both teams should lose there tags after a game so all the same people can't go on the same team again .

Bartjuh1992
07-15-2005, 04:10 PM
thats true else you can never get on light or something.

StormYs
07-15-2005, 05:05 PM
I like option 3 the best and those sabers, you could decrease the damage of it to 60 would be much better cause it also has a nice range. Like this ppl will not die so fast and so have a much more challanging battle.

Blackdragon
07-16-2005, 12:26 PM
KK i got a new idea for the dark side they can use like grenades shooters no not like grenade launchers and that but like you hold grenades in your hands but they shoot out like 10 bullets in each direction and each bullet takes like 3-4 hp out of them and maybe you can add on to this idea like ice grenades that freezes them or some flame grenades that set them on fire this is only an idea but i hope you all like it since i'm working on the picktures already for them

kenyonandelliot
07-17-2005, 11:48 AM
You don't die in one hit with saber when you respawn.. They swing it a few times and your gone.

Also mech's are weak!! I get killed easily by them, if I try to get off a speeder they destroy it easily, and when I get off they hold down s and I die a few seconds when I get off the speeder. Mech's are weak, my *** they are!

Admins
07-17-2005, 04:43 PM
KK i got a new idea for the dark side they can use like grenades shooters no not like grenade launchers and that but like you hold grenades in your hands but they shoot out like 10 bullets in each direction and each bullet takes like 3-4 hp out of them and maybe you can add on to this idea like ice grenades that freezes them or some flame grenades that set them on fire this is only an idea but i hope you all like it since i'm working on the picktures already for them

Ice grenades and fire bombs are a nice idea :)

Huwajux
07-17-2005, 04:50 PM
*Nods*