PDA

View Full Version : Bmode only

Raziel
07-14-2005, 12:12 AM
Here's a list of things that should only be doable while in Bmode.

Entering a shipyard not of your kingdom.
Destroying fortifications not of your kingdom.
Make entering foreign castles possible but only if you are bmode.
(More if they come to mind)

In fact just make everyone bmode on kingdom islands and have main as the only sanctuary for pmoders.

AlaricoMontario
07-14-2005, 12:15 AM
thats not fair to the little guys raziel.

Because like today, raiden was making hell all over the place, if Raven and I were forced to be in b mode and he was forced as well, we would've been slaughtered

Raziel
07-14-2005, 12:49 AM
Well that would solve the problem of him destroying our ships. I could go in there and smash his face in. Otherwise we can't do much.

Debaglio
07-14-2005, 02:35 AM
Raziel, I like your idea.

I think that one there is one thing to be added.

WAR..... is A BMODE ONLY THING

There is no RP WARing on PMODE>>>>>
That is called RP agrivation. If someone declares WAR... you better make dang well sure you and your fighters are on BMODE.

A pmode WAR is a joke.

Raziel
07-14-2005, 03:00 AM

That is called RP agrivation. If someone declares WAR... you better make dang well sure you and your fighters are on BMODE.

A pmode WAR is a joke.

For once I agree with you 100%.

csod123
07-14-2005, 03:10 AM
and that scary too Raziel, but i think it was stryker who had the idea about the breakable doors, these two combinied? castle doors can only be brooken while in bmode. i don't like haveing everywere but main a place were a group of people can kill you, also, that would make it so there would always have to be people on kingdom's islands, or the would constantly be raids on that kingdoms.

Butz
07-14-2005, 07:24 AM

A pmode WAR is a joke.

No, a p-mode war is a true roleplaying battle.

Have you ever RP'ed somewhere without a built-in battle system?

It happens all the time.

Curt1zzle
07-14-2005, 07:27 AM
No, a p-mode war is a true roleplaying battle.

Have you ever RP'ed somewhere without a built-in battle system?

It happens all the time.

Agreed.

Raziel
07-14-2005, 07:37 AM
What kind of RP is it when someone is destroying fortifications on your island and you can't do anything to stop them? Invincibility? Perhaps someone should lose their pmode status as soon as they attack a player or fortification.

Zurkiba
07-14-2005, 07:59 AM
b-mode is a horrible excuse for roleplaying if I ever heard it.

My Zormite character conquered Dustari, Samurai, Bomy Gang, etc SINGLEHANDEDLY. How on earth would an unexperienced character kill me?

Splke
07-14-2005, 08:25 AM
Here's a list of things that should only be doable while in Bmode.

Entering a shipyard not of your kingdom.
Destroying fortifications not of your kingdom.
Make entering foreign castles possible but only if you are bmode.
(More if they come to mind)

In fact just make everyone bmode on kingdom islands and have main as the only sanctuary for pmoders.

Take all of those idea's, and wrap it up in K-Mode. :)

Cheops
07-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Can someone give an example of how an RP-only war would look like? I'm SERIOUSLY interested how that would work in GK.

And once again, I'll state that I think RP and game mechanics can be blissfully wed in GK.

StrykerTFFD
07-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Can someone give an example of how an RP-only war would look like? I'm SERIOUSLY interested how that would work in GK.

And once again, I'll state that I think RP and game mechanics can be blissfully wed in GK.

Here's my idea of a RP war.
The sides involved, get together with the RP Team, and create a story behind the war, plus they decide the outcome BEFORE IT HAPPENS.

Then, the actual war and events can go on,follow the story created, but must somehow end with the outcome decided on.

The rest is up to the creative RPing of those involved. :rolleyes:

Debaglio
07-14-2005, 11:46 AM
The sides involved, get together with the RP Team, and create a story behind the war, plus they decide the outcome BEFORE IT HAPPENS.

Then, the actual war and events can go on,follow the story created, but must somehow end with the outcome decided on.

WHAT A JOKE. The winner of WAR is not pre decided.

Short bus... pick this guy up.

Waltz5
07-14-2005, 07:15 PM

What's a joke is how you're idea of a RP-War can be dominated by one single character.

Debaglio
07-14-2005, 10:12 PM
What's a joke is how you're idea of a RP-War can be dominated by one single character.

I have not declared war yet young child.

A single man can however take a land that is deserted.

Zurkiba
07-14-2005, 11:25 PM

No, then there would be no war because people like Kefkin would start to scream power game and filibuster.

Actually, it is. In some cases that is.

I see no deserted lands. Forest is bustling with a ton of creatures. Just because you do not see them, and just because no one is on tag, does NOT mean they do not exist. We reffer to these as Kingdom NPCs. It's the concept that a kingdom is based off of it's pretense and not it's members-
Need an example?
Zormite Empire has what... five people? However, it's pretense offers it the largest army in the world.

Damix2
07-15-2005, 12:03 AM

Oh fine, lets see, no one on forest right now, mine

actually no one on any kingdom islands except CP at the moment, it seems I am now Supreme Lord of all the lands.

Debaglio
07-15-2005, 12:16 AM
No, then there would be no war because people like Kefkin would start to scream power game and filibuster.

Actually, it is. In some cases that is.

I see no deserted lands. Forest is bustling with a ton of creatures. Just because you do not see them, and just because no one is on tag, does NOT mean they do not exist. We reffer to these as Kingdom NPCs. It's the concept that a kingdom is based off of it's pretense and not it's members-
Need an example?
Zormite Empire has what... five people? However, it's pretense offers it the largest army in the world.

Dark Forest has more than 20. So my pretense offers a larger army.

Get out of here with you Pmode RP.

Zurkiba
07-15-2005, 12:28 AM
Dark Forest has more than 20. So my pretense offers a larger army.

Get out of here with you Pmode RP.
No, because you cant magically pull armies out of your ass ^^

Debaglio
07-15-2005, 12:37 AM
No, because you cant magically pull armies out of your ass ^^

you can?

Zurkiba
07-15-2005, 04:18 AM
you can?
Nope, not even I can. However I can use agreed apon pretenses that allow me to work with that information. For example: Dustari is strong in the pryomancer arts, therefore it's pretense is that if a mage vs mage battle using fire only, Dustari would win.

The Zormite army is based off of logic of what would happen. You have a fish nation which's means of breeding are by laying a ton of eggs. These fishes have not been disturbed with war for some time. They control the majority of the land of the old world (only surviving outposts are a few Samurai warlords who operate in Zormite territory, Bellasera which is a peaceful ally of the Empire, and Malenth. Which keeps to itself). So throughout the times of 2k2 where we witnessed the coming of Astri, the Samurai wars, and so forth... the Empire was sitting peacefully growing.

csod123
07-15-2005, 04:35 AM
i still haven't seen these members of your "dark elves"

LOA--Paul
07-15-2005, 10:35 AM

A pmode WAR is a joke.
Have you ever RPed in a system that doesn't give you damage and such for pvp? Val is a good example (unless it's changed since I've been there) All actions are said, and unless you can think of a good counter to the attack within your character's limitations, you take the hit.

Also another example of pmode fighting working is the Naval battles. There's not any player killing in those, the ships are the ones who get destroyed.

Also Etien in later posts you seem to think the kingdom tagged poeple make up the whole of a kingdom. Not so at all. "Players" in a kingdom are to be viewed as key people. Think of it like The Iliad. There were a few key characters. However, there were entire armies fighting with thousands of unnamed men, etc. You can imagine kingdom wars like this. With the players being your key people, but (in RP, as the game mechanincs don't support it) there is actual a huge war involving massive armies going on. Just because 8 people are fighting in the game engine, doesn't mean the nation only has that many people in its army in RP- that would be a joke.

Zurkiba
07-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Have you ever RPed in a system that doesn't give you damage and such for pvp? Val is a good example (unless it's changed since I've been there) All actions are said, and unless you can think of a good counter to the attack within your character's limitations, you take the hit.

Also another example of pmode fighting working is the Naval battles. There's not any player killing in those, the ships are the ones who get destroyed.

Also Etien in later posts you seem to think the kingdom tagged poeple make up the whole of a kingdom. Not so at all. "Players" in a kingdom are to be viewed as key people. Think of it like The Iliad. There were a few key characters. However, there were entire armies fighting with thousands of unnamed men, etc. You can imagine kingdom wars like this. With the players being your key people, but (in RP, as the game mechanincs don't support it) there is actual a huge war involving massive armies going on. Just because 8 people are fighting in the game engine, doesn't mean the nation only has that many people in its army in RP- that would be a joke.
Valikorlia's RP battle system works off of many things. I like to think it has the best fighting system actually XD. Basicly you would do things that your character would do as roleplayed actions *approaches with sword sheathed* stuff like that. However, you are mistaken on the counter-logic to avoid hit. You're supposed to use logic to determine when you are hit, and sometimes you need to just take the hit to make the battle a battle. No one will RP with you if you dodge everything. Like my last battle on there, I was fighting a Berserker (humanoids who gain extreme speed and strength in battle, They could break backbones with a simple hug) and I knocked him out stone cold in return for a broken arm; He was applying pressure on my left arm as I was beating his face in with my right.

Well, Naval battles are also supposed to be boardings and whatnot.

Very good comparison ^^

XGoLink
07-15-2005, 11:55 PM
Great idea, but GK will be even less fun for noobies with those rules, thats why there should be a reset, so everybody is even again :D

Debaglio
07-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Great idea, but GK will be even less fun for noobies with those rules, thats why there should be a reset, so everybody is even again :D

Nice... perfectionistic viewpoint. All or NOTHING... save the wales!!!! yes.

Come on... there are more possible ways to make things better without a reset.

Ravelyn
08-04-2005, 08:12 PM

The reason and causes for the war should be voice RP wise. There should always be an in character reason for starting a war.

the war, itself, as far as battles go, I believe should be done in bmode.

Fr0chin
08-20-2005, 11:04 PM
I would love to see more people in Bmode but sadly it is slow coming, I think that an all Bmode war is a great Idea, alot of cases provide power to numbers and planning, but I dont know if this will come ever. Etien I dont know why you are talking about Pmode RPing, i have never even seen you in Bmode so either you are a hypocryte or never RP which is it?

Luigi1
08-20-2005, 11:10 PM
Come on... there are more possible ways to make things better without a reset.
Make things better? There's a way to make them better. Ban Debaglio and Kefkin.

LilNiglet
08-20-2005, 11:22 PM
god debaglio annoys me so much

zurk, please roll him over 2k1 style

Zurkiba
08-20-2005, 11:32 PM
I would love to see more people in Bmode but sadly it is slow coming, I think that an all Bmode war is a great Idea, alot of cases provide power to numbers and planning, but I dont know if this will come ever. Etien I dont know why you are talking about Pmode RPing, i have never even seen you in Bmode so either you are a hypocryte or never RP which is it?
Bmode wars require one person to be a higher level with better stuff then the next. Not numbers and planning.

Numbers and planning is K-mode

AlaricoMontario
08-21-2005, 12:46 AM
no one goes in bmode until their like level 50 because then all the older and more powerful people pk them at every corner.

Fr0chin
08-21-2005, 01:10 AM
Make things better? There's a way to make them better. Ban Debaglio and Kefkin.

Finally a good solution.

AlaricoMontario
08-21-2005, 04:13 AM
I agree.

nullify
08-31-2005, 07:28 PM

A pmode WAR is a joke.
Go into bmode and talk to me. :)

xAndrewx
08-31-2005, 07:31 PM
I think GK should stay the same.

BlkXFactr
09-10-2005, 07:25 AM
no one goes in bmode until their like level 50 because then all the older and more powerful people pk them at every corner.

Denied