PDA

View Full Version : To the Boats!

lordbosh
07-09-2005, 02:29 AM
We are having a friendly little navy battle with the pirates on Saturday, at 3PM EST(time was changed). All samurai who attend will be noted, we need boat crews of 3 to 4. Assemble at the castle courtyard on saturday around 1:30PM EST for pre-battle briefing.

LOA--Paul
07-09-2005, 11:53 AM
Contributing as much as possible in case I can't make it. In the morning I'll try to have some more lumber and cannon balls ready :]

This'll be good.

GoZelda
07-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Contributing as much as possible in case I can't make it. In the morning I'll try to have some more lumber and cannon balls ready :]

This'll be good.
Since when are you back? You're the guy that used to be the Zormite navy's rear admiral right?

lordbosh
07-09-2005, 06:05 PM
There is a slight chance I might not be able to participate in the battle now :\. I will make all attempts to be there however. If I am unavailible, the Empress knows my plans and I trust she will do well. Good luck and have fun all of you.

Draenin
07-09-2005, 06:35 PM
I hope you can make it, Boshy.

LOA--Paul
07-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Since when are you back? You're the guy that used to be the Zormite navy's rear admiral right?
Admiral.

I just reupgraded yesterday. :]

GoZelda
07-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Admiral.

I just reupgraded yesterday. :]
http://www.freewebs.com/stormymoon/profile_sebastion.html

:D

LOA--Paul
07-09-2005, 08:42 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/stormymoon/profile_sebastion.html

:D
Harhar! That's awesome. ^^

XGoLink
07-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Since both leaders can not make it, Mydia gave me the lead of this Event..
Samurai will meet in 30minutes at the castle, teams will be made and you will be placed in your ships with cannon balls ( 800each ) We will meet south of the Castle, West of the Nighthawks island with the ships.. We will discuss our tactics and wait 5 to 10minutes until the Pirates come, when the fight is over, both Kingdoms will meet at the Nighthawk Island to drink beer.. [ Now 2:25 EST ] The Event will start in 45minutes, I expect everybody whos able to come, to be there.

Crono
07-09-2005, 09:51 PM
We are having a friendly little navy battle with the pirates

LOA--Paul
07-09-2005, 11:24 PM
Think NTC I suppose :p.

The battle was tough but fun.

In the end ships I was on total sunk 1 enemy, and damaged 3 others (total of 125% damage)

We were sunk twice and were damaged to 75% with the last ship.

Looks like we broke even in terms of damage dealt, but that's not what matters in the end, they survived longer with their ships on their last legs and were able to sink our crew more.

Still excellent job on both sides! The lag kind if interfered with the fun for a while but other than that it was great :P

Crono
07-10-2005, 12:06 AM
why the hell would japan have cannonballs and why the hell would pirates even consider this competition...

GoZelda
07-10-2005, 12:18 AM
why the hell would japan have cannonballs and why the hell would pirates even consider this competition...
Chinese or Japanese or ur mom lol! discovered gunpowder mate.

Googi
07-10-2005, 12:18 AM

I said that next time we should fight Bel'la Olplyn.

Crono
07-10-2005, 01:15 AM
Chinese or Japanese or ur mom lol! discovered gunpowder mate.

was the chinese and the turks were the first to use gunpowder in actual battle

LOA--Paul
07-10-2005, 02:02 AM
Because then just as in real life any 'westernized' kingdoms would just roll over other ones such as Samurai, etc, via technology just as in real life. Dustari would be the superpower if we were going on ultra realism. It's a delicate balance, and the Graal world allows it for the fact that we're not Japanese, as they don't exist in Graal, nor does Europe, America, etc.

Googi
07-10-2005, 02:04 AM
was the chinese and the turks were the first to use gunpowder in actual battle

Chinese discovered gunpowder, but Japan did get it too.

Crono
07-10-2005, 02:42 AM
Because then just as in real life any 'westernized' kingdoms would just roll over other ones such as Samurai, etc, via technology just as in real life. Dustari would be the superpower if we were going on ultra realism. It's a delicate balance, and the Graal world allows it for the fact that we're not Japanese, as they don't exist in Graal, nor does Europe, America, etc.

None of the kingdoms called themselves something so direct to our modern world but "Samurai"

I mean where the hell do Samurai come from? I wonder :rolleyes:

I believe that each kingdom should have a IRL counterpart but made in a way where its balanced. Get going RP team :)

LOA--Paul
07-10-2005, 03:02 AM
None of the kingdoms called themselves something so direct to our modern world but "Samurai"

I mean where the hell do Samurai come from? I wonder :rolleyes:

I believe that each kingdom should have a IRL counterpart but made in a way where its balanced. Get going RP team :)
I know we are meant to be Japan culture in Graal, but we aren't Japan itself- another example being us following different gods and such and not being Shinto/Buddhist.

Draenin
07-10-2005, 03:36 AM
I believe that each kingdom should have a IRL counterpart but made in a way where its balanced. Get going RP team.

No.

Googi
07-10-2005, 06:33 AM
I mean where the hell do Samurai come from? I wonder

Dojos.

There's one near my house.

lordbosh
07-10-2005, 09:56 AM
The boat event was fun. I came in a little late but I still was able to sail a broken down ship around :P. We need to have something like this every week, it breaks the bland atmosphere of kingdoms. Big thanks goes out to Alan, the pirates, and of course all of the members of Samurai who were able to participate and make this possible.

Draenin
07-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Yes, we do.

Crono
07-11-2005, 04:17 PM
No.

YES >:O!