PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Disable Trial Kills/Deaths

Gambet
07-06-2005, 12:04 AM
I don't believe that paying members should suffer a death count due to trial accounts. I don't see anything wrong with trial accounts having kills/deaths, but they should not be able to add death points to a paying customer (I.E gold accounts).

Stefan, you should make the system read so if a member with a gold account dies by a member with a gold account, then a death is added to their total, but if a trial member kills a member with a gold account, then nothing is added to their deaths.

Also, to prevent laming, gold accounts kills should only add up when they kill another person with a gold account. This means that if a person with a gold account kills a trial account, then a kill will not be added. If a person with a gold account kills another person with a gold account, then it will be added.

Basically, your kills/deaths only add up when you kill someone/die by someone with your same account type. If you kill a person with a different account type or if you are killed with someone by a different account type, then no change should be made to your stats.

Just a suggestion.

Curt1zzle
07-06-2005, 12:08 AM
Naw.

Just restrict trials to a single map. That way if you don't want to play with them, you don't have to.

juice188
07-06-2005, 12:38 AM
i say just make a map thats for p2p only.
maybe a jungle terrain with 6 bases, and both teams have 3 bases. now the other team has to siege the base and destroy it, and once all 3 of them are destroyed the winning team spawns into a jail and the losers are in it. (mix of zone wars and iricia)

Gambet
07-06-2005, 12:41 AM
No to both of you.

That won't be needed since a new system of trials is going to be made soon (hopefully). This idea would be good for before the new system is added and after.

Admins
07-06-2005, 12:42 AM
Not counting kills or deaths would be too complicated. Not allowing special maps to trial accounts would be possible, but you would have less players on them so it would be also less interesting for gold accounts

Gambet
07-06-2005, 12:47 AM
The gold to trial ratio (I.E number of gold accounts to number of trial accounts) is quite low. Atleast, the gold portion. There are way more trials on Zone daily then gold accounts. That is what we are concerned over. We can't make a map with only trial accounts allowed and/or with only gold accounts allowed, because it would be less interesting for both account types. Trial account only maps would have more then gold account only maps, but neither would have a sufficient amount of players to have a good time.

Curt1zzle
07-06-2005, 12:47 AM
No to both of you.

That won't be needed since a new system of trials is going to be made soon (hopefully). This idea would be good for before the new system is added and after.

Stop pretending as if you "do" something for Zone.

My idea is way more practical - Making a trial's kills/deaths null would be frustratinug and a waste of gameplay to interact with them.

Golds would not be forced to play on their account specific map, they could choose to play on the trials map too - but at least this way gives them an option.

Gambet
07-06-2005, 12:54 AM
Stop pretending as if you "do" something for Zone.

I'm tired of your insolence, so I won't respond to those comments. You will continue to act as a child with or without me posting back to your blatant remarks.

My idea is way more practical - Making a trial's kills/deaths null would be frustratinug and a waste of gameplay to interact with them.

Golds would not be forced to play on their account specific map, they could choose to play on the trials map too - but at least this way gives them an option.

Anyways, if the new trial system is going to be implemented soon, then your suggestion wouldn't be needed. If it won't be added til a few months/year(s), then maybe something of the sort could be added, BUT, it still seems that everyone would be playing in the same map, since more players would be playing in it, rather then a map with only like 5-10 people in it (which will most likely be the gold accounts).

Curt1zzle
07-06-2005, 12:59 AM
I'm tired of your insolence, so I won't respond to those comments. You will continue to act as a child with or without me posting back to your blatant remarks.

Am I wrong? Is there something productive you do for the server that I seem to be missing, other than you posting random ideas on the forums?

Please, point me to your nearest contribution.

Anyways, if the new trial system is going to be implemented soon, then your suggestion wouldn't be needed. If it won't be added til a few months/year(s), then maybe something of the sort could be added, BUT, it still seems that everyone would be playing in the same map, since more players would be playing in it, rather then a map with only like 5-10 people in it (which will most likely be the gold accounts).

Well, you know, at least it would give the players a choice.

If they choose to play with several players on a trial-enabled map, then so be it. If they want to play by themselves on a smaller map, so be it.

Gambet
07-06-2005, 01:01 AM
Well, you know, at least it would give the players a choice.

If they choose to play with several players on a trial-enabled map, then so be it. If they want to play by themselves on a smaller map, so be it.

It all depends on when the whole trial thing will be put into effect. Not a bad idea, though.

Blitz_Hunter
07-06-2005, 01:20 AM
Gambet must be getting owned by to many trials. :o

Gambet
07-06-2005, 01:22 AM
Gambet must be getting owned by to many trials. :o

I don't get on client unless I'm testing something or unless an event is going on. I get on at times to play, but not much. I most certainly do NOT get "owned". Players were complaining so I came up with a suggestion.

Dreth
07-06-2005, 02:35 AM
Well, I for one think that the idea is good. I go on Zone on trial sometimes, so i figure that people shouldnt be counted against when i kill them.

Splke
07-06-2005, 05:18 AM
Big Map = Sniper pls.

Rick
07-06-2005, 06:51 AM
Why should a gold player who has worked to kill a trial user not be granted the kill? That is unfair.

Bl0nkt
07-06-2005, 10:00 AM
Or we could try something along the lines of trials not getting Exp or Money for killing players. This would not only please the older players, aid in stopping speed program abusers, and boost graalonline's total payment all in one.

Maybe even limit trials to certain clothing (I think I'm changing the subject).

maximus_asinus
07-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Why should a gold player who has worked to kill a trial user not be granted the kill? That is unfair.
And if you counted the kill, you would almost certainly have to count the death, as it would misrepresent your stats, making one player seem better then they really are.

Wolfey
07-07-2005, 12:21 AM
The gold to trial ratio (I.E number of gold accounts to number of trial accounts) is quite low. Atleast, the gold portion. There are way more trials on Zone daily then gold accounts. That is what we are concerned over. We can't make a map with only trial accounts allowed and/or with only gold accounts allowed, because it would be less interesting for both account types. Trial account only maps would have more then gold account only maps, but neither would have a sufficient amount of players to have a good time.

HMMMMM reason im not on as much
U gave trials a gun plassaber
and almost everyother weapon and shotgun
hmmmmmm that equalls trials laming
doubleteaming
cheating
hacking
yadayada
they literally owne zone
ican take a step without 500 noobs with shot guns laming
"well use jet pack"
not enough time to fly with lamers shooting u "

quote rom unpeople former zone
Zone is noobish due to the trial populatio nther is no trial controll whatso ever

make there health lower
cut theer weapons by 50%
if the 50% idea works take the follwoing away
SHOTGUN
SYRINGE
G18
CHAINGUN
FLAMETHROWER

Curt1zzle
07-07-2005, 12:24 AM
HMMMMM reason im not on as much
U gave trials a gun plassaber
and almost everyother weapon and shotgun
hmmmmmm that equalls trials laming
doubleteaming
cheating
hacking
yadayada
they literally owne zone
ican take a step without 500 noobs with shot guns laming
"well use jet pack"
not enough time to fly with lamers shooting u "

quote rom unpeople former zone
Zone is noobish due to the trial populatio nther is no trial controll whatso ever

make there health lower
cut theer weapons by 50%
if the 50% idea works take the follwoing away
SHOTGUN
SYRINGE
G18
CHAINGUN
FLAMETHROWER

W..What?

maximus_asinus
07-07-2005, 01:36 PM
W..What?
I think he was trying to use some type of mind control or mind confusion on us.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-07-2005, 05:57 PM
This sounds like the same exact thing I posted in that other thread, and no suprise, created a few days later. But seriously, Stefan. These trials are annoying. Just put them on some crappy sand map and give them mortars with infinite ammo. They'll all rush to their parents bedroom while they're asleep and steal their credit cards.

Admins
07-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Hmmm Ok disable flamethrower and shotgun, and put hp at 80 may be?

Unpredlctable
07-07-2005, 11:47 PM
*Suggestion: Disable trials from playing by enabling ghost mode.
Zone is a Gold server, it should only allow Gold/VIP members to play. :(

Admins
07-08-2005, 12:19 AM
If people cannot test the game why should they upgrade then?

Crono
07-08-2005, 12:22 AM

I think that people want to taste the game in the standards of a Gold/VIP...this makes the following:

a bad idea I believe. Instead of taking things away from trials, -give- things to gold/vip ;)

Googi
07-08-2005, 01:09 AM
No, they should still count for kills/deaths. It's especially stupid if Gold players don't get kills by killing trials.

Curt1zzle
07-08-2005, 01:10 AM

Word.

But limit their testing.

juice188
07-08-2005, 02:00 PM
No, they should still count for kills/deaths. It's especially stupid if Gold players don't get kills by killing trials.
TOTALLY agree, i mean Zones population is made up mostly trials and if you dont count kills and deaths most of the p2p members kill/death ratio will move.. :\

Wolfey
07-09-2005, 12:13 AM

make a mode that trials get to play in a map that has targets of people
that they get to shoo t the targets move they get low rank guns
low hp they get to shoot eachother and yet they wont get on my nerevs by crieng becouse i shot a rocket and it killed them and get 300 pms saying rockets= hack
and blah blah

Bl0nkt
07-09-2005, 02:53 AM
Perhaps we could limit their playing time to one hour a day? Warp them to a pitch black room and have written in bold white letters "Trials are limited to playing one hour a day. Please upgrade your account to a gold membership for unlimited access."

Now, since client./clientr. strings are erased when a trial logs on, you would have to store this information in server./serverr. strings.

Not 100% sure this would work but it's an option.

Blackdragon
07-09-2005, 09:31 AM
OK i think you both are acting like imature brats so settal like an idea on Zone before qouting anything eles on this thread you to we don't want fights on threads like you 2 just did

Rick
07-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Another idea: Trials are limited to one map during a day, the next day that map will change to something else.