PDA

View Full Version : brief statement

Sam
07-05-2005, 09:41 PM
It appears to me to explain something:
The leader of Bel'la Olplyn is Kefkin.
It has absolute control of its kingdom. He has the right, to rename his kingdom as every other leader.
Only if he leave his throne, somebody else can become king.
Except if staff administrator Björn or his bosses kicking a leader for a good reason.

Kaimetsu
07-05-2005, 10:12 PM
It has absolute control of its kingdom. He has the right, to rename his kingdom as every other leader

Why? It doesn't literally belong to him. It's a facet of GK's gameplay, he just plays the role of the figurehead. He shouldn't be given complete and unregulated control over the kingdom - otherwise he is granted power that he doesn't need and will quite likely abuse.

xAndrewx
07-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Why? It doesn't literally belong to him. It's a facet of GK's gameplay, he just plays the role of the figurehead. He shouldn't be given complete and unregulated control over the kingdom - otherwise he is granted power that he doesn't need and will quite likely abuse.
Who does the kingdom belong to if it doesn't belong to Kefkin?

Butz
07-05-2005, 10:17 PM
The Graal community.

Googi
07-05-2005, 10:18 PM

Obviously everything on 2K2 belongs to the staff.

Zurkiba
07-05-2005, 10:21 PM
It has absolute control of its kingdom. He has the right, to rename his kingdom as every other leader.
Only if he leave his throne, somebody else can become king.
Except if staff administrator Björn or his bosses kicking a leader for a good reason.
And Bjorn left it to the RP Team to make the decision on the matter.

Kaimetsu
07-05-2005, 10:23 PM

Ultimately it belongs to GraalOnline, but only indirectly. Why does it need an owner?

xAndrewx
07-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Because it's a kingdom, It needs a leader to stay active.

Zurkiba
07-05-2005, 10:33 PM
You didn't catch what he was trying to say.

It's kind of like how a park can have a head caretaker... but is there an owner for a public park? That Caretaker can be fired or relieved of his job if his bosses find him to be ill-suited for that job. It should be no different in Graal. Moreso when you have a kingdom leader.

And then that brings another point up. Why should Kefkin be the owner? Technically doesn't it belong to the RP Team now that the team was created?

Butz
07-05-2005, 10:34 PM

True, kingdoms need a leader, the same way that a company needs someone in charge of it to keep it running. However, the moment you give someone free reign to do whatever they want in a position of power, you will inevitably cause an abuse of that power. Just look at the CEOs that have gone to prison for treating their companies like their own personal bankroll.

xAndrewx
07-05-2005, 10:38 PM
That's why we are here, we're here to monitor the kingdoms as well as monitor the roleplaying involved.

Butz
07-05-2005, 10:43 PM
That's why we are here, we're here to monitor the kingdoms as well as monitor the roleplaying involved.

And you see nothing wrong with the roleplaying involved in the situation where a race that doesn't exist by Graal's standards, comes in and utterly defeats the long-standing meant-for-stability Zormite Republic in one fell swoop?

Zurkiba
07-05-2005, 10:45 PM
And you see nothing wrong with the roleplaying involved in the situation where a race that doesn't exist by Graal's standards, comes in and utterly defeats the long-standing meant-for-stability Zormite Republic in one fell swoop?
And the roleplaying background on how a kingdom is returning to the archipelago to reclaim it's colony as the Zormites evolved into the biggest nation in the world with the conquests of Dustari, Samurai, Bomy Gang, and their uneffected status when the meteorite crashed as stated by Graal Bomy Moon's 2nd Kingdom Admin Vermain.

Splke
07-05-2005, 11:00 PM
That's stupid. Stupider then Etien's post stupid. God. We should be able to take it in War, if we can't do that what the **** is the point of going to war?

-_- Your rules suck ass, *****s.

Sam
07-05-2005, 11:09 PM
No. Their major task consists of making sure the players understand how to RP, and to enforce the Graal Kingdoms rules.
The team is there to encourage roleplaying among the kingdoms (in the kingdom together with the kingdom leader).
I created the team to assist the leaders and release me and Björn.

Kaimetsu
07-05-2005, 11:19 PM

Leader, maybe. Owner, no.

Do you understand the difference? The former is a position of responsibility and servitude, the latter is a position of power and self-indulgence.

Zurkiba
07-05-2005, 11:19 PM
No. Their major task consists of making sure the players understand how to RP, and to enforce the Graal Kingdoms rules.
The team is there to encourage roleplaying among the kingdoms (in the kingdom together with the kingdom leader).
I created the team to assist the leaders and release me and Björn.
You mean a Kingdom Leader and a Graal Police? You already have those two positions. Apparently the Kingdom Leaders aren't doing a good job eh?

And just to quote you
If Bjorn said that it's up to the RP Team to make the decision (I believe Andrew was the one who asked him) then I do believe Bjorn puts his own decision into the matter, seeing how they can not do anything with the kingdoms without Bjorn.

Sam
07-05-2005, 11:37 PM
In the past the kingdom leaders switched a lot (the past I am talking about started with quitting Nayoko as leader of KJ). But this was the only time when Björn dont agree with the way how it happend. All other changes was made without interferences of staff. Björn didn't say its up to the RP Team to make a decicion who will be kingdom leader or not.

Zurkiba
07-05-2005, 11:41 PM
In the past the kingdom leaders switched a lot (the past I am talking about started with quitting Nayoko as leader of KJ). But this was the only time when Björn dont agree with the way how it happend. All other changes was made without interferences of staff. Björn didn't say its up to the RP Team to make a decicion who will be kingdom leader or not.
He didn't say that about the kingdom leader, correct. However he did give the success or failure of the BO Order decision to the RP Team.

And perhaps the staff should interfear more, seeing how Kingdom Leaders are basicly minor staffers of Graal Kingdoms and should be treated as such.

Plus, do we really want a puppet of Debaglio to be leading a kingdom?

Gambet
07-05-2005, 11:41 PM
The RP Team makes sure that there is fair roleplaying and if any drastic changes were come to a kingdom (like how the drows took over a colony of the Zormitians), that it has to be reasonable. The role playing in this case was NOT reasonable and was more of a fantasy. Since the role play that Graynt created was not reasonable and was obviously the biggest miracle to the whole story line (I.E Drows taking over a colony of Zormitians), then the Zormitians are open to retialiate and take back their colony.

I clearly told Zurkiba that if the story was PROPERLY INTRODUCED/MADE, then he would NOT have been able to reunite the Zormitians to take back their colony. The fact that Graynts story did not fit these standards, then the Zormitians are open to retaliate, since the Empire was not taken over.

Brad
07-06-2005, 12:17 AM
im deleting my post because I flipped out ok.

sam i hate you

that sums it up

Googi
07-06-2005, 04:16 AM

BUT YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!

Brad
07-06-2005, 05:42 AM
BUT YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!

totally sweet way to use a star wars quote

LordZen
07-06-2005, 11:57 AM
All other changes was made without interferences of staff.
A Zormite leader was removed in the past by Stefan simply because he didnt log on very much.

In that case, only members of the kingdom were complaining.

In the current case about Zormite, the ENTIRE SERVER IS ENRAGED.

Sam
07-06-2005, 12:38 PM
A Zormite leader was removed in the past by Stefan simply because he didnt log on very much.

In that case, only members of the kingdom were complaining.

In the current case about Zormite, the ENTIRE SERVER IS ENRAGED.

That's one of the reasons: when staff acts in the place of a leader's inactivity. Rise and fall of a kingdom is in close connection with the activity of the leaders.

xAndrewx
07-06-2005, 01:09 PM
At the end of the day Zormite is gone. Bel'la is active, that's the end of it.
You can't remove the leader from the kingdom, the leader needs to remove
themselves.

Draenin
07-06-2005, 04:34 PM

At this point in time, we may not be making a decision. I don't know. Right now, though, I will be taking a break from arguing either side of it, since I can easily do both and it sometimes gets me confused. For now, though, I want for the RP Team to kind of settle down a little bit and not worry about this stupid crap, because I am sick of hearing it. I was going to make reports of how each of the kingdoms are doing right now, but the sad fact of the matter is that I do not have a whole ton of time on my hands, nor the drive to do so. So, I will be working with other folks to come up with some good events in order to take people's minds off of it. Sure, Zormite may come back. But it will not be today. It will not be tomorrow. Like several others have said, the leaders can only remove themselves by leaving, or by being removed by priveledged staff. As of right now, RP Team members are not priveledged staff, so it is out of our control. I do not want to log on anymore to hear people complaining about Bel'la. Sure, I don't like Bel'la, but I am not going to listen to it when none of us can do anything about it. If I get any PMs about it, they will be ignored.

Kaimetsu
07-06-2005, 05:35 PM
You can't remove the leader from the kingdom, the leader needs to remove
themselves.

You're saying this, but you're not explaining why.

Zurkiba
07-06-2005, 05:47 PM
At this point in time, we may not be making a decision. I don't know. Right now, though, I will be taking a break from arguing either side of it, since I can easily do both and it sometimes gets me confused. For now, though, I want for the RP Team to kind of settle down a little bit and not worry about this stupid crap, because I am sick of hearing it. I was going to make reports of how each of the kingdoms are doing right now, but the sad fact of the matter is that I do not have a whole ton of time on my hands, nor the drive to do so. So, I will be working with other folks to come up with some good events in order to take people's minds off of it. Sure, Zormite may come back. But it will not be today. It will not be tomorrow. Like several others have said, the leaders can only remove themselves by leaving, or by being removed by priveledged staff. As of right now, RP Team members are not priveledged staff, so it is out of our control. I do not want to log on anymore to hear people complaining about Bel'la. Sure, I don't like Bel'la, but I am not going to listen to it when none of us can do anything about it. If I get any PMs about it, they will be ignored.
Where are yall even getting this concept of removal of leader? Leadership change is a different item by itself. Bjorn told Andrew that the entire thing was reliant on the RP Team, in which yall have met and decided on the matter.

And I'm afraid that the RP Team, such as yourself, cant back down from your own event. This event was created by the RP Team and thusly is the fate of it.

You can't remove the leader from the kingdom, the leader needs to remove themselves.
Yet again, if I dont officially quit then, going by your logic, leadership can never be removed from me.

Sam
07-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Read #24 and #25

xAndrewx
07-06-2005, 06:02 PM
You're saying this, but you're not explaining why.
This is the only way how to remove a kingdom leader.

Draenin
07-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Dear GK:

RP Team can't remove the leaders, even if we wanted to.

Love,
Teh Draggy.

Gambet
07-06-2005, 06:29 PM
It has been decided not to remove Graynt from position. Who said we were going to remove him?

It has been decided that a team of advisors would look over the kingdom/Graynts decisions instead. The team of advisors would most likely consist of Zurkiba and Googi.

Kaimetsu
07-06-2005, 06:40 PM

Stop telling me what is the case and start telling me why it should be.

Googi
07-06-2005, 07:06 PM
It has been decided that a team of advisors would look over the kingdom/Graynts decisions instead. The team of advisors would most likely consist of Zurkiba and Googi.

This is stupid. We're supposed to "look over" the kingdom? And what are we supposed to do if we see stuff we don't like?

Draenin
07-06-2005, 08:44 PM
I'll tell you.

Nothing.

Same goes for us.

Gambet
07-06-2005, 08:51 PM
This is stupid. We're supposed to "look over" the kingdom? And what are we supposed to do if we see stuff we don't like?

I didn't come to this solution. Zurkiba did as he discussed it with some of the team. I don't see anything wrong with it, so I agreed. Rather then remove Graynt, it's best to just keep him under supervision.

Brad
07-06-2005, 09:24 PM
Dear GK:

RP Team can't remove the leaders, even if we wanted to.

Love,
Teh Draggy.

Dear *******:

The RP Team has the power to tell a higher staff member to remove a leader. Stop being a *******. You're almost on the level of Andrew right now.

Love,

Brad

Zurkiba
07-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Actually we still have to talk with Graynt about it, but he set the date for Thursday (when the tropical storm is over me and we're flooded). Mainly because the RP Team is reluctant to do anything about it other then that.

Because we all know that factors such as roleplaying and general leadership skill have no bearing on that. It's only if you pay the bill to play the game eh?

Why did I say poor general leadership skill? Well Kefkin has leaders of his kingdom running around going
'LOL Y R U HERE?'

Which is just great =x.

LordZen
07-07-2005, 03:17 AM
Read #24 and #25
This is stupid, the RP team is supposed to be enforcing Roleplaying.

Why then are you allowing Bell uh Ocra to continue to violate Graal roleplaying standards?? Its screwing up the storyline by injecting his Drow crap and trying to defend against the Zormite empire with an ocean monster (LOL).

Seriously, stop acting like your hands are tied. If you really have so little use than why the hell was the RP team put together in the first place?

You might as well disband it if you cant even do something about illegal roleplaying. The server would be better off without a "staff" group who is willing to justify an unjustifiable roleplaying scenario within Graal, whereby you are accepting its existance by the very fact that you refuse to do anything about it.

Again, I ask you, what is the point of the team if you cant intervene when it is so blatantly obvious that change is needed?

You will find no example more obvious in the comming months, probably ever.

xAndrewx
07-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Why are you carrying on? You've heard what the outcome is, deal with it.

Brad
07-07-2005, 09:13 AM

Just because dumb Sam, picked a dumb team, doesn't mean we have to deal with it.

Just stop posting in this thread everything you say gets stupider and stupider.

LordZen
07-07-2005, 10:46 AM
And you, what happened to you? You get bribed or something?

I remember when you left Zormite out of disgust for the way Kefkin and Debaglio were carrying on.

(Honestly I would not doubt that one more more members of this team got a cut of Etien's 1000 USD worth of items or something in order to change their minds about some things --- Considering they are still just players with influence now, for the most part)

Seriously, I'm pissed off that you guys are taking such a passive stance on this when its already been established by your predassesor that Drows are ILLEGAL in Graal.

xAndrewx
07-07-2005, 11:49 AM
I've forgiven them both. Zormite is over Bel'la has just began. I had a grudge with them to do with Zormite. Since Zormite is over, so is the grudge!

Python523
07-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Why are people allowed to completely change a kingdom's story just like that? Seriously. It just seems so... random and improper.

xAndrewx
07-07-2005, 12:18 PM
I agree it shouldn't be allowed, but from what I've seen from Bel'la i'm actually quite glad.

Googi
07-07-2005, 07:29 PM
Actually we still have to talk with Graynt about it, but he set the date for Thursday

Hey look. It's Thursday.

Butz
07-07-2005, 07:49 PM
I agree it shouldn't be allowed, but from what I've seen from Bel'la i'm actually quite glad.
And what is that?
Every time you support Bel'la, you're always vague about exactly WHY you support it. If you think there are reasons that Bel'la should continue on its way, lay them out in a logical argument that can be examined, and if necessary, refuted. Don't just simply say "Well, I think you're all wrong, and Bel'la should stay anyway."

xAndrewx
07-07-2005, 08:11 PM
I've already stated why in many other threads. If you'd like to know why just ask.

Kaimetsu
07-07-2005, 08:13 PM
If you'd like to know why just ask.

He did. He did ask. And still you are not answering.

xAndrewx
07-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Reason(s) why I support Bel'la O'.
1,)The kingdom is active, it hasn't been this active in a very long time.
2,)The kingdom members are also active, I havn't seen this in a long time either.
3,)Kefkin has brought life back into the kingdom; he's created a new language, made a new mail system for the kingdom and made the kingdom look alot better.
4,)Kefkin has organised the kingdom island, he's made it clear where the houses are to be layed. (Near the big towns, not anywhere on the island)
5,)Kefkin is offering to help other guilds on Graal Kingdoms by letting them rest on Bel'la's island.

Can you list why you don't like Bel'la O' please. Thanks =]

Brad
07-07-2005, 08:51 PM
1) Active with idiots who say LMAO everytime I try to talk to them.

2) Anyone can have an army of *****s.

3) It's not a new language. You use a converter on a drow website. Its stupid too since none of us feel like going to the site when talking to him.

4) Once again you put far too much emphasis on houses on kingdom islands.

5) WOW SERIOUSLY? MAYBE HE'LL LET ME HAVE A SPOT ON THE ISLAND FOR LEET.

Your points suck I proved you wrong. You suck too. Asst. admin 4 lyf.

Googi
07-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Not to mention you don't need a new kingdom to do any of those things.

xAndrewx
07-07-2005, 09:56 PM
1) Active with idiots who say LMAO everytime I try to talk to them.

2) Anyone can have an army of *****s.

3) It's not a new language. You use a converter on a drow website. Its stupid too since none of us feel like going to the site when talking to him.

4) Once again you put far too much emphasis on houses on kingdom islands.

5) WOW SERIOUSLY? MAYBE HE'LL LET ME HAVE A SPOT ON THE ISLAND FOR LEET.

Your points suck I proved you wrong. You suck too. Asst. admin 4 lyf.
I'd like to take you seriously, but I really can't!
All you did was post your opinion.
Can you answer my question please.

Zurkiba
07-07-2005, 10:00 PM
I do know the outcome of the event. I know the RP Team vote of 3v1

I've forgiven them both. Zormite is over Bel'la has just began. I had a grudge with them to do with Zormite. Since Zormite is over, so is the grudge!
Zormite is not over... and you just dont seem to understand that. 2k1 is directly linked to 2k2.

2,)The kingdom members are also active, I havn't seen this in a long time either.
3,)Kefkin has brought life back into the kingdom; he's created a new language, made a new mail system for the kingdom and made the kingdom look alot better.
4,)Kefkin has organised the kingdom island, he's made it clear where the houses are to be layed. (Near the big towns, not anywhere on the island)
5,)Kefkin is offering to help other guilds on Graal Kingdoms by letting them rest on Bel'la's island.

1) Active? I see two Inner Circle Members and no leader
2) Same as #1, this doesn't even count as an element of support. And going with what Brad said. Every time you talk with them all they say is LMAO, in character. And these guys are LEADERS.
3) Ok? Look what good the invasion of Zormite has done. Brought more people for the event then the BO Order have active (three people). He didn't create a new language, in fact he hasn't created anything of originality.
4) Wow! He finally did what everyone else has been doing for years. Forest was the first to impose housing orgnization, it was so under my leadership.
5) Yet again, Forest was the first to do this also with the coming of the Karakaze Troupe.

Oh, and just for your own information. You obviously dont know why you support the BO Order seeing how you only listed ONE reason why you like it. Because "it's active", even that is untrue. The rest of the reasons are why you like Kefkin. And I've already done more then he has according to your list. So according to your own logic, I'm a better leader. So thanks for that complement :).

xAndrewx
07-07-2005, 10:11 PM
I've said why it's active in many ways.
Zurk, what have you done? Forest has a maximum of 10 houses. What joy.
And why won't you let it go? Look it's been like this for 2-3 weeks. Obviously Zormite isn't going to replace Bel'la. Deal with it.
Now, answer my question!

StrykerTFFD
07-07-2005, 10:27 PM
And why won't you let it go? Look it's been like this for 2-3 weeks. Obviously Zormite isn't going to replace Bel'la. Deal with it.
Now, answer my question!

Quit picking on Forest before I own you. :\

Butz
07-07-2005, 10:45 PM

Points 1 and 2:
Saying it is active in many ways, is still only supporting it with one point. The fact that there is activity.
However. Not all activity, is good activity. Samurai once had a bad reputation for this sort of thing, where pretty much anyone could get into the kingdom. Sure, there was activity, and members on tag, but was it activity that any would call "good" activity?

Point 3:
He did not make up a language, he is simply using a Drow language devised by others long before.

Point 4:
His housing restrictions were made back when he was Graynt, in charge of the Zormite Republic. This is irrelevant to the discussion of Bel'la Olplyn.

Point 5: Not quite fitting the situation at the moment, as Drow seek to subjugate or destroy other races, and therefore would never willingly help others unless there was something underhanded going on.

Googi
07-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Now, answer my question!

Hahaha, could it be that when Sam asked you to join the "RP Team" you thought he meant "Realestate Planning Team"?

LordZen
07-07-2005, 11:04 PM

You want an illegal roleplaying scenario to continue just because people are on tag, Kefkin restricts houses to broad general areas, stole a fake language, and being so BENEVOLENT to overlook people landing on the island?

WTF. Those are not reasons to allow a Drow kingdom to continue to exist (which violates tons of RP standards, both general and graal-specific) --- AND YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE REPRESENTING THE RP ADMIN TEAM?

Yea your bribed. Obviously there wasnt much of a test before people were signed up for this new staff body with Zero usefulness.

I'm pissed.

Zurkiba
07-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Now, answer my question!
You can only be active one way, through player interaction.

Let what go? Roleplaying? And it's only been 2-3 weeks because Graynt doesn't show up for anything and he refuses to work with us. And obviously you're just in denial for being a minority.

People have already answered your question but you're too foolhardy to see anything.

xAndrewx
07-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Bribed? haha, how low can you go Zen!

Zurkiba
07-07-2005, 11:14 PM
I'm starting to believe it too. You dont know why you stand for what you do. Yet you will defend the kingdom and it's leaders till the end of the world for causes unknown.

xAndrewx
07-07-2005, 11:16 PM
I just don't think it's fair that [you] can decide on the fate of the kingdom. I also think it's doing better. But yea, these are my opinions.

LordZen
07-07-2005, 11:18 PM
This isnt Limbo.

You better start doing your job, or at least pretend to. This is getting lame. And I can go as low as I have to. (I have great balance)

Brad
07-07-2005, 11:18 PM
I just don't think it's fair that [you] can decide on the fate of the kingdom. I also think it's doing better. But yea, these are my opinions.

We're originals we get special privileges dog.

xAndrewx
07-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Hey, I have an idea!
Lets wait for the RP Admin to decide as soon as one is elected! ^^

Zurkiba
07-07-2005, 11:35 PM
Who said me?

Last I saw the entire community (besides a few Debaglio lackies) hate the BO Order. So I figure it's the Graal community changing the kingdom of three people.

You think it's doing better because it has houses. WOW!

Hey, I have an idea!
Lets wait for the RP Admin to decide as soon as one is elected! ^^
I have a better idea! Stop complaining because your opinions lost in the RP Team Council ^^. The RP Team functioned and did it's job.

LordZen
07-07-2005, 11:36 PM
?

Why are you even on the team?

Brad
07-07-2005, 11:37 PM
I'd like to take you seriously, but I really can't!
All you did was post your opinion.
Can you answer my question please.

I did answer every question in my own unique way.

xAndrewx
07-07-2005, 11:38 PM
How many players of Graal Kingdoms post on the forums?
Draven, Brad, Zurk, Googi, Gryffon, Sam, Bjorn, Etien, Gambet, Butz
That's all I can think of.
That's not the whole of the graal kingdoms community.

Zurkiba
07-07-2005, 11:43 PM
How many players of Graal Kingdoms post on the forums?
Draven, Brad, Zurk, Googi, Gryffon, Sam, Bjorn, Etien, Gambet, Butz
That's all I can think of.
That's not the whole of the graal kingdoms community.
Wow! Lets see... who came to BO Order's aide in the event. Not even a BO member! Amazing! Yet we had all nations there (IC and OOC alike) giving support in forms of witnesses and extra characters.

And the name list goes far beyond that. Those are the only people you know, you're just making that judgement on ignorance because you dont remember people.

xAndrewx
07-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Add more to the list who're active please and who actually play Graal Kingdoms. Thanks.

Ooh, Zero Hour is active here.