Point Of Map: Destroy Main Energy Core
Size Of Map: Large
Vehicles: NONE
Jetpack Allowed: NO
Team Colors:
-One Team = Red
-Other Team = Blue
Team Names: To Be Decided

Darkness will be an unseeable map. The whole map is suppose to be dark, so the only way you could see is with special Night Vision Goggles. As many of you know, when using night vision, your surroundings is sort of greenish (in a dark place), and that's how your view in this map should be. The night vision goggles should automatically be added to you/activated when you enter the map, and automatically removed/deactivated when you leave the map.

The catch with the goggles is that it's range of sight is very limited. Before taking over an Energy Core, your range of site will be rather small. The whole point of the limited vision is for the sole fact that this will be a stealth map.

Energy Cores

There will be 6 normal energy cores (small/medium size) and 1 main energy core (large size). The 6 normal cores will be in 6 bases scattered throughout the map. The main energy core will be located in the center of a maze which will be in the center of the map. In order to get to the main energy core, you will need to navigate yourself through the maze.

NOTE: The more line of vision your team has, then the better your chances of getting through the maze.

Each of the 7 energy cores will have a barrier over them at first which will not allow anyone to take it over. The barrier will have X amount of HP, and in order to take over the energy core, you will need to first take down the barrier. The main energy core should have way more HP then the 6 normal energy cores. Once the barrier(s) is/are down, then all you will need to do is touch the core and it will emit an aura of the teams color that took over the core (either red or blue). Once a barrier is taken down, then the energy core will be vulnerable to being captured for the remainder of the match.

Why take over an energy core?

Taking over an energy core will supply your teams goggles with more energy to increase your range of sight. When you take over a core, your range of sight will increase a bit. It shouldn't increase too much, but it should increase enough to make a difference. If your team has taken over all 6 normal cores, then your range of sight will be full (meaning it will be like your normal sight is on each level). If one of your teams cores is taken over by the other team, then your range of sight will go back down to how it was before you had that core.

Suggestion:

Design a range of sight for when a team owns 0 energy cores, 1 energy core, 2 energy cores, 3 energy cores, 4 energy cores, 5 energy cores, and 6 energy cores.

NOTE: The starting range of site (I.E 0 energy cores) should not be very big.

This will make things easier.

NOTE: Your team does NOT NEED to capture any energy cores in order to win the map. The winning team will be the first team to destroy the main energy core. Getting to the main energy core should not be easy, considering you need to pass through a maze (the main energy core will be located in the middle of a fairly big maze), and getting through a maze with not much range of sight would probably end up with you getting lost.

When your team destroys the main core, then the whole map/mini map should illuminate, and everyones focus should be set to the main core where a huge explosion will occur. Once the main core is finished exploding, the team that won will be announced and everyone will be warped to the droship where they can play again if they would like.

NOTE: Energy Cores should all reset at the end of the match.

Since the map is completely dark, your radar will not function. This means that you won't be able to spot enemies so easily. To navigate through the map, you could use your minimap.

Mini Map

When the game starts, everyones minimap should be completely black (dark). Your mini map starts to show as you walk through the map. This means that if I walked forward, then in my mini map it would show that I have walked forward. When you take over an energy core, then the base/core that the energy core was on should turn on in your mini map. If you have yet to go to the core and the other team takes over the core that you once had, then the core showing in your minimap will turn to darkness as it was before. BUT, if you did so happen to be at the base with the core, and the other team took it over, then your mini map would only show (for that part atleast) the parts that you walked through yourself.

NOTE: The mini map should have an indicator indicating your current position in the map.

If you have any questions/suggestions, then please ask away/state them.

:D.

Curt1zzle
07-04-2005, 07:38 AM
Sounds Splinter-Cell'ish.

Gambet
07-04-2005, 08:00 AM
Why, because it's a dark map? Because it will be using night vision goggles? I mean, they didn't invent those goggles for that game alone, heck, they didn't invent night vision goggles for games anyways...they were just added x-x

It's nothing like splinter cell.

Chris
07-04-2005, 08:55 AM
Why, because it's a dark map? Because it will be using night vision goggles? I mean, they didn't invent those goggles for that game alone, heck, they didn't invent night vision goggles for games anyways...they were just added x-x

It's nothing like splinter cell.
Curtis is right, but that's not a bad thing. I think it would be a really fun map.

Gambet
07-04-2005, 08:58 AM
I've never played splinter cell, I just know it's a stealth type game. From what I've heard/seen, this map is nothing like splinter cell besides the whole night vision ordeal. Don't even tell me that the limited vision has to do with splinter cell because the whole limited vision type thing has been on Graal for quite some time (for quests and events and such).

Obvious
07-04-2005, 02:10 PM
I've never played splinter cell, I just know it's a stealth type game. From what I've heard/seen, this map is nothing like splinter cell besides the whole night vision ordeal.
Type Of Map: Stealth

Map sounds fun.
Too bad I'm not into Zone.

Gambet
07-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Well, it's a stealth map since it's a dark place. What do you expect? :p

Chris
07-04-2005, 07:07 PM
Damn Sky, do you have to jump into defense mode every time someone posts? We aren't saying you got the idea from Splinter Cell. Curtis merely commented that it's like that game. I happen to like your idea of this map. :\

Gambet
07-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Damn Sky, do you have to jump into defense mode every time someone posts? We aren't saying you got the idea from Splinter Cell. Curtis merely commented that it's like that game. I happen to like your idea of this map. :\

No, rather, I'm asking HOW it's like splinter cell.

Soul-Blade
07-04-2005, 08:09 PM
I would stop getting pissed with comparing it to splinter cell. Look at the time setting for one thing. Above all, look at the quality difference. Zone is crap on a stick compared to Splinter Cell.

Curt1zzle
07-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Ah, great, another one of my posts gets deleted.

God blasted, when I post something twice it shows importance! Don't delete it!

Oh the anger...

Looks Splinter-Cell'ish.

AlexH
07-04-2005, 08:59 PM
Sounds like it could be a fun map. It would be good if there would be some way to randomize the maze that takes you to the main core. That way people won't just get used to the path they have to take and be able to navigate through it with a short range of vision. That's the only problem I could see with it. Other than that it sounds good.

Gambet
07-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Blah Blah Blah

I'm still waiting for you to support your statement.

Sounds like it could be a fun map. It would be good if there would be some way to randomize the maze that takes you to the main core. That way people won't just get used to the path they have to take and be able to navigate through it with a short range of vision. That's the only problem I could see with it. Other than that it sounds good.

Yeah, I thought of the same, but if it's a fairly large maze, then it would take some time to know your way around it.

Crono
07-04-2005, 10:19 PM
I was about to say the same thing @ maze being the same everytime you play it. This would make this world boring after like 2 days. The maze should change itself every day.

Gambet
07-04-2005, 10:24 PM
I was about to say the same thing @ maze being the same everytime you play it. This would make this world boring after like 2 days. The maze should change itself every day.

Would be best if it changed every game.

Curt1zzle
07-04-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm still waiting for you to support your statement.

What good would it do for me to support my statement when you haven't played Splinter-Cell? Comparisons would be null.

Or have you, and you're just saying you haven't to prevent people from saying that you stole this idea?

Gambet
07-04-2005, 10:33 PM
What good would it do for me to support my statement when you haven't played Splinter-Cell? Comparisons would be null.

Or have you, and you're just saying you haven't to prevent people from saying that you stole this idea?

How the heck would it not be good to support your statement? I havn't played the game, so educate me.

I'm still waiting. Stop prolonging.

Curt1zzle
07-04-2005, 10:51 PM
How the heck would it not be good to support your statement? I havn't played the game, so educate me.

I'm still waiting. Stop prolonging.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/239786.asp

Gambet
07-04-2005, 10:59 PM

Has nothing to do with this map.

It's a stealth game, so what?

Curt1zzle
07-04-2005, 11:02 PM
Has nothing to do with this map.

It's a stealth game, so what?

Looks Splinter-Cell'ish.

Huwajux
05-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Would be a nice map to do. Not sure what to do with the maze though...
Yet, this idea is something that should not go to waste.

Draenin
05-18-2006, 09:15 PM
Hm. I didn't read over most of what's been posted so far, so forgive me, but wouldn't it be cooler to just ignore all the flashy stuff and make a map that just so happens to be dark?

Night vision goggles would be pretty stupid, considering you already have radar to use. Besides, it might make for some interesting fights not being able to see your opponent except for when they get close. Goggles out of the formula, and it's a wonderful idea.

For as we all know, the goggles do nothing.

MisterMastermind
05-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Splinter-Cell Damn that game and all of the alarms in the levels. I'd rather run in and blow things up without worrying about alarms. Fun sounding map, I'd like it if were the same map, but it had 20-30 different possible locations for the power-core's and they appeared randomly in the different spots.

Bl0nkt
05-19-2006, 01:01 AM
You should be able to activate/deactivate your flashlight. This way, people can hide in the dark waiting for someone with a flashlight to walk by, then perform a stealth attack.

icemaster
05-19-2006, 01:40 AM
1. i LOVE this idea
2. i LOVE the flashlight thing with blonkt
3. i AGREE with typh sayin random core spots/random mazes

in my opinion, tho, for this kind of map u didnt discuss like

is it just getting to the core and gettin them? or can u kill ur enemies? if so, i think there should be no respawning

but damn, i friggin love this idea

DAMN MAN

someonesomewhere
05-19-2006, 03:39 AM
You should be able to activate/deactivate your flashlight. This way, people can hide in the dark waiting for someone with a flashlight to walk by, then perform a stealth attack.
That'd be fun. Unfortunately, pipebombs would be uber lame for that, so they would have to be disabled :[

Raeiphon
05-19-2006, 09:17 AM
Gambet, I swear, if we merged our ideas together we could probably make Zone truely gold worthy. I love the idea of the map, and it incorporates a rough LoS idea which I had suggested a while back, but making a random maze each map would be incredibly hard for Stefan.

A stealth map like this would truely make Zone more playable for me, but would anybody play it, or would it end up like Guild Wars?

icemaster
05-19-2006, 05:30 PM
A stealth map like this would truely make Zone more playable for me, but would anybody play it, or would it end up like Guild Wars?

all depends on the presentation...guild wars has the name guild in it lol, but doesnt do guilds, which is reasonable since...not many guilds r on zone...or if there r, only like 3 ppl from each x.x *cough makin team masho cough*

um......but ya, it sounds amazing, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from ne other map, thats y ppl would play, cause guild wars was basically made b4, "alpha"

this is completely different......and sounds bad ass

but wat about pvp? "refers to my last post" =o

MrsMastermind
05-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Sounds cool, I like it. I love Hachi's flashlight idea.

Huwajux
05-19-2006, 06:52 PM
@ icemaster
What are you saying? x_x

MisterMastermind
05-19-2006, 11:51 PM
@ icemaster
What are you saying? x_x GRAMMAR MAN AWAY! It all depends on the presentation... Guild Wars has the word guild in it lol, but doesnt support guild fighting, which is reasonable since not many guilds are on zone... Or if there are, only 3 people from each guild are on at a time. (Hints that he's bringing Team Masho back)

Yeah, it sounds amazing, completely different from any other map, thats why people would play, because guild wars was basically made before, Alpha. (FFA)

This is completely different, and sounds very interesting.

Also, what about Player vs. Player that I discussed in my last post?
Where's my nobel prize?

icemaster
05-20-2006, 12:17 AM
@ icemaster
What are you saying? x_x

XD wat im saying is, guild wars is basically like alpha, which we already had

this map...well...we never had nethin like it

so it will last at least longer then guild wars has so far

Bl0nkt
05-20-2006, 05:41 AM
Stefan, here's your chance! An idea everyone likes, backed by a previous staff member!

It'd be a shame to let it go by.

Huwajux
05-20-2006, 02:04 PM
@ Icemaster
You mean...unique?

icemaster
05-20-2006, 07:50 PM
@ Icemaster
You mean...unique?

bingo =o

someonesomewhere
05-20-2006, 07:53 PM
It'd be nice to have a different tileset for this kind of map, but I don't see that happening :[

Tracker180
05-22-2006, 04:37 AM
but making a random maze each map would be incredibly hard for Stefan.
I was just thinking that if they had like the average number of min. it took to finish Gwars X N = 1440 min.(24 hours,or 1 day) and then they made N number of maps and made them like randomize the order of witch they go each day and then if they use too many orders(probably in like a month or two)you could just make some more and there's an easy way to make wat looks like an infinite number of mazes. ;)