How About A Hologram
Its Looks Like A Mine But Is White And Grey
It Makes A Image Of U For 5 Seconds
And Can Carry Up To 5 At A Time
U Can Throw The Mliek A Frisbe Or Lay Them Liek Landmines
Its A Great Selfdefence

Admins
07-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Interesting idea. Should it display a still copy of yourself or be intelligent (watch at enemies) or do the same thing like you are doing (change the direction, animation) ?

Magadal
07-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Interesting idea. Should it display a still copy of yourself or be intelligent (watch at enemies) or do the same thing like you are doing (change the direction, animation) ?

i like the idea and i think it would be cool if its watching at enemies :o but what about the nicks ._.

SayianOozaru
07-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Stefan can you really make it do all of that? i think it should be intelligent.(though i'm not sure what you mean by watch enemies...like would it follow them around,or would it just wwalk where ever?)

Admins
07-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Well if its just standing there doing nothing then people would easily see that its not a real player. If you see the hologram as enemy on the radar it would still be useful i guess, because the enemy would need to shoot the hologram to see that it is a hologram, it would flicker then.
In some movies (Total Recall?) you see the hologram doing the same things like the one who has placed the hologram, not sure if that would work here. But the hologram could randomly change direction, eventually even move a little bit, kind of like a roboter. The enemy would may be really think that you are a real human and would need some time until he/she realizes that it is a hologram, and then you would come from behind and use your powerful weapons or so, while the enemy is trapped.

Brad
07-04-2005, 11:54 PM
Well if its just standing there doing nothing then people would easily see that its not a real player. If you see the hologram as enemy on the radar it would still be useful i guess, because the enemy would need to shoot the hologram to see that it is a hologram, it would flicker then.
In some movies (Total Recall?) you see the hologram doing the same things like the one who has placed the hologram, not sure if that would work here. But the hologram could randomly change direction, eventually even move a little bit, kind of like a roboter. The enemy would may be really think that you are a real human and would need some time until he/she realizes that it is a hologram, and then you would come from behind and use your powerful weapons or so, while the enemy is trapped.

It can be like in pokemon double team you create a whole bunch of you and they are all around you so like the person has to guess which one of the holos is you. Everytime you use the item it places like 5 guys randomly around you so its not the same order everytime.

sweet

Curt1zzle
07-05-2005, 06:38 AM
It can be like in pokemon double team you create a whole bunch of you and they are all around you so like the person has to guess which one of the holos is you. Everytime you use the item it places like 5 guys randomly around you so its not the same order everytime.

sweet

oH ya! YES!!!

SWeET COMPARISON! *High Five*

juice188
07-05-2005, 06:39 AM
this would completely lag the server like crazy, good idea but i dont like it

Kaimetsu
07-05-2005, 07:08 AM
this would completely lag the server like crazy

Why do you think this?

Bl0nkt
07-05-2005, 07:09 AM
this would completely lag the server like crazy, good idea but i dont like it
Why the hell is it that everytime something is mentioned that is a good idea, the first thing to come out of someone's mouth is "omg no wayz taht = layg".

Listen... if you don't know anything about scripting then don't say it will lag. In fact, even if you do know how to script, there's no way of telling it will lag or not. :whatever:

How about this. When the server turns into one giant, constant color changing and alpha changing light effect, then you complain about lag while you're having a seizure over your keyboard.

AlaricoMontario
07-05-2005, 07:39 AM
couldnt u make it move like a bomy in GK?

Bl0nkt
07-05-2005, 03:16 PM
couldnt u make it move like a bomy in GK?
Yes he can.. Just script it so instead of taking a few steps and stopping to moving in straight lines and such..

Dreth
07-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Why the hell is it that everytime something is mentioned that is a good idea, the first thing to come out of someone's mouth is "omg no wayz taht = layg".

Listen... if you don't know anything about scripting then don't say it will lag. In fact, even if you do know how to script, there's no way of telling it will lag or not. :whatever:

How about this. When the server turns into one giant, constant color changing and alpha changing light effect, then you complain about lag while you're having a seizure over your keyboard.
I think he has a point though...

teh idae of holorgams wud maek lawts of lite effex, so ti wud maeks teh laygnes if 2 mayn peeple use ti.

The idea of holograms would make lots of light effects, so it would make the laggyness if too many people use it.

I liike the color/alpha changing idea though.

Crazy scientist: It's my new invention!
Person: What is it?
Crazy scientist: It's the Insta-seizure! *FLASH!*
*Person falls over and does whatever a seizure makes you do*

Bl0nkt
07-05-2005, 03:36 PM
I think he has a point though...

I liike the color/alpha changing idea though.

Crazy scientist: It's my new invention!
Person: What is it?
Crazy scientist: It's the Insta-seizure! *FLASH!*
*Person falls over and does whatever a seizure makes you do*
Seizures are caused by a dramatic change in the speed blood goes to your head and causes major muscle spasms and you lose control of all the muscles in your body (I used to have a small case when I was small. Sometimes I would randomly have one in my hand and my fingers would clinch and unclinch. Weird as hell ;[), but that stopped at age 7. Something in strobe lights causes this to happen.

Kaimetsu
07-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Dreth, it wouldn't necessarily involve light effects. And certainly not many of them.

Dreth
07-06-2005, 01:28 AM
Seizures are caused by a dramatic change in the speed blood goes to your head and causes major muscle spasms and you lose control of all the muscles in your body (I used to have a small case when I was small. Sometimes I would randomly have one in my hand and my fingers would clinch and unclinch. Weird as hell ;[), but that stopped at age 7. Something in strobe lights causes this to happen.
Thought so.
Haha(notfunny...), one kid at school has a favorite memory of having a seizure and falling off a slide.
Kai: Yeah, I should have figured that. just have it look likew the player who laid it. I guess players arent lotsa light effects..., mehbe the shimmering or whatever when hit would use lights though.
Thilly me, i figurd that it would uthe lightth to make the perthon thingieth.
I should think through things more.

Wolfey
07-06-2005, 11:14 PM
ok with the hologram have it that it has a gun and shoot hologram bullets yet do no damage but yet confuse the hell out of the enemy