PDA

View Full Version : No trial = no global guild tag on Zone

Crono
07-02-2005, 12:07 AM
This is stupid and is going to end up killing good guilds. Some people with trials are the best of the best on Zone. As a VIP member I feel raped.

VulcanP2P
07-02-2005, 12:36 AM
According to the PWA Rules no server is allowed to give trials weapons. This rule should be introduced to Zone.

Crono
07-02-2005, 01:18 AM
Weapons? Every server gives them weapons. Tailors are weapons!

Gambet
07-02-2005, 01:48 AM
The title should read

Trial Account = No Global Guild Tags Allowed on Zone

Your title makes it seem like if you have anything but a trial account, you can't use global guilds on Zone.

Anyways, Stefan made it like this so that people would have more of a reason to upgrade.

Admins
07-02-2005, 03:55 AM
Zone is a gold server

Curt1zzle
07-02-2005, 04:32 AM
Zone is a gold server

Why yes, yes it is!

Gambet
07-02-2005, 05:55 AM
Why yes, yes it is!

You obviously didn't understand what he meant by saying that.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-02-2005, 07:33 AM
Well, I personally think it stupid that people who have paid are stuck with deaths that trials put on them. Limit them to some newbie planet, just how on kingdoms, you can't get off the boat in the intro.

Gambet
07-02-2005, 07:37 AM
There is already something planned with trial accounts. I won't give away any information, though. Just be patient :).

Curt1zzle
07-02-2005, 07:46 AM

Obviously not.

I'm so tired of you, kid.

Blitz_Hunter
07-02-2005, 08:11 AM
Obviously not.

Who isn't? :rolleyes:

Gambet
07-02-2005, 08:14 AM
Obviously not.

And I'm tired of your ignorance.

On Topic:

Zone is a gold server. It is meant that you have to upgrade it to play. I spoke with Stefan the day that he disabled global guilds on Zone, and he told me that orginally, trials were not allowed to use global tags, but a glitch in the system allowed this to happen (or something like that). So, there should be no one complaining.

People always ask "What's the point on upgrading?" Well, we are trying to give you all more reasons to upgrade.

Spark910
07-02-2005, 01:25 PM
According to the PWA Rules no server is allowed to give trials weapons. This rule should be introduced to Zone.
That means that you shouldn't be able to log on and get something straight away just because you are a trial. Like Era did once, by giving trials guns, money and bullets as they logged on - which was partly like saving data as they didn't have to earn the things like upgraded accounts.

Magadal
07-02-2005, 01:35 PM
People always ask "What's the point on upgrading?" Well, we are trying to give you all more reasons to upgrade.

With a trial acc u cant get the jetpack.

With a trial acc u cant get the bluerifle.

With a trial acc u dont have much ammo.

With a trial acc i takes really much time to use the sabre.

That are reasons enough...maybe an own planet for real trial accs, but not for them wo have a Classic Upgrade x-x.

Crono
07-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Well, we are trying to give you all more reasons to upgrade.

All you're doing is pissing players off more and causing them to hate graal's p2p more than it is already hated.

Wolfey
07-02-2005, 03:19 PM
There is already something planned with trial accounts. I won't give away any information, though. Just be patient :).

put that on the vip part u know so vips get to know what it is

Admins
07-02-2005, 04:17 PM
All you're doing is pissing players off more and causing them to hate graal's p2p more than it is already hated.

You can't say that trials are limited a lot on Zone :rolleyes:
We will change the trial mode soon (on Graal globally), but it will not change something in the fact that trials should not play forever on Zone. There need to be limitations, if no one upgrades for Zone then I will not have time to add new things there anymore.

Wolfey
07-02-2005, 06:03 PM
We will change the trial mode soon (on Graal globally), but it will not change something in the fact that trials should not play forever on Zone. There need to be limitations, if no one upgrades for Zone then I will not have time to add new things there anymore.

trials shood have limitations
gold has more access but restrickted on some things and vip should have all privelges
just a thought wach im going to ge tjumped now on zone

Curt1zzle
07-02-2005, 09:17 PM

Stop throwing around the word "ignorance" like it's the popular thing to do... :whatever:

Crono
07-02-2005, 10:00 PM

Trials aren't limited? They can't get/use cool stuff already, they can't create global guilds already, nothing of theirs saves anyway. You're using "trial" in the wrong way, I think. There are Classic accounts, VIP accounts, and trial accounts. However all 3 are being treated equally on Gold servers.

By the way Zone isn't much of a reason for people to upgrade their accounts. I mean why be inspired to pay 30-40 dollars to play zone when there are better alternatives? I think Zone needs to offer more before it's expected to reel in lots of money.

Admins
07-03-2005, 12:13 AM
Still no reason to allow global guild tags for trials on Zone.

Emily_Cruddas
07-03-2005, 06:07 PM
So VIP will be blocked from using the tag there? (I assume this is the problem now since VIP is a global tag)

Zurkiba
07-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Oh, but it was so funny XD. I laughed

On Topic:

Zone is a gold server. It is meant that you have to upgrade it to play. I spoke with Stefan the day that he disabled global guilds on Zone, and he told me that orginally, trials were not allowed to use global tags, but a glitch in the system allowed this to happen (or something like that). So, there should be no one complaining.

Actually, I believe Stefan said it because the towards the top it was said that the PWA made a rule that trials couldn't get weapons. And Gold Servers and other official servers (such as Graal2001 and I think Classic?) are free from the rules and the jurisdiction of the PWA Team.

Gambet
07-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Stuff

I wasn't explaining why he said it.

Crono
07-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Still no reason to allow global guild tags for trials on Zone.

Sure, your call. Then again define "trials". Is it when you don't have gold or is it when you have a trial account?

smurfmidgetninja
07-04-2005, 12:59 AM

How are you going to change the trial mode soon? Maybe actually make it like a trial on other games where you play for like 15 days or so or what? I think you should let us VIP's know in the VIP loung because there hasnt been anything new in there since like before v3.0....

StormYs
07-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Playing with trials is actually fun on zone...(well the non hacking part)
It gives a high ammount of ppl playing there.
Trials can't save their game which suck for them.
I had a few ppl saying to me that they are gonne upgrade their Trial account.
So it does help giving trials some weapon, they can explore zone and see that it
is actually fun and then are willing to upgrade their account.

Gambet
07-05-2005, 11:34 PM
How are you going to change the trial mode soon? Maybe actually make it like a trial on other games where you play for like 15 days or so or what? I think you should let us VIP's know in the VIP loung because there hasnt been anything new in there since like before v3.0....

Patience.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-05-2005, 11:54 PM
Playing with trials is actually fun on zone...(well the non hacking part)
It gives a high ammount of ppl playing there.
Trials can't save their game which suck for them.
I had a few ppl saying to me that they are gonne upgrade their Trial account.
So it does help giving trials some weapon, they can explore zone and see that it
is actually fun and then are willing to upgrade their account.
Yea, but like I said. Already paying players stats suffer thanks to these non-paying players. It is ridicoulous. I paid for the right for some freeloader to add death after death to my account? If trials kills didn't count, I'd probably have around 300 deaths, rather than the 700 or so I have now.

StormYs
07-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Yea, but like I said. Already paying players stats suffer thanks to these non-paying players. It is ridicoulous. I paid for the right for some freeloader to add death after death to my account? If trials kills didn't count, I'd probably have around 300 deaths, rather than the 700 or so I have now.

who cares about stats pfft

p2p_Sir_Link
07-07-2005, 08:56 AM
who cares about stats pfft
I most certainly do. I'm sure others do as well. Maybe it's not big with the newbs, but kills over deaths is pretty nice.

StormYs
07-07-2005, 02:52 PM
I most certainly do. I'm sure others do as well. Maybe it's not big with the newbs, but kills over deaths is pretty nice.

*cough* go train more

p2p_Sir_Link
07-07-2005, 05:53 PM
*cough* go train more
I could beat you on Zone anyday. I'd beat you like a small child.

StormYs
07-09-2005, 12:11 AM
I could beat you on Zone anyday. I'd beat you like a small child.

who the hell are you :whatever:

googleman
07-16-2005, 12:02 AM

If it's that much to you, ask them to alter the system and add istrial, so each time you get killed by that person or kill him instead, it won't raise anything.

Emily_Cruddas
07-16-2005, 11:05 AM

That's your problem already, who the heck are you trying to impress with kills over deaths? Once folks stop thinking you need kills over deaths and just have fun you wouldn't WANT trials to be limited anymore because the last time i checked more players = a better game = plenty of fun for everyone!

That's another good point brought up, there are 4 different players out there now.

trial accounts

VIP accounts with no time (so you get unlimited classic time)

VIP accounts WITH time

and the gold accounts

When graal2001 was out only accounts with time left on them could play while even if you upgraded once and had no time you would get stuck on ghost mode, can that be added to these servers also? I mean on graal 2001 i didn't have mini quests to fool with like GK2 has on starter island, so find a limit to what folks can see or do without time on their account, then everyone can either all be happy, or all upgrade their account THEN be happy. :cool:

Akoalin
07-16-2005, 03:15 PM
Trials already have a max hp of 80, why drive it further?

jkool666
07-17-2005, 09:01 PM
HeHe By the sounds of reading these I think sir_link gets owned by trials... And also he doesn't know everyone that well as he was calling stormys a noob but anyways ya whenever armour is released trials will have a HUGE handycap with only 80hp.

Methril
07-18-2005, 12:56 AM

why do people hate it? A year of gold only cost me around 45$ CAD.

Surely even young kids have 50 dollars for a whole year? The only problem I can see if getting their parents to use their credit card for them.

Crono
07-18-2005, 02:24 AM
why do people hate it?

I dont know, ask the tons of people who quit when it came out full blast in the summer of 2002.

jkool666
07-18-2005, 06:39 AM
Ya i vote with Gerami that no tag thing isn't kool but i can also see stefans side about giving trials more reasons to upgrade.... But meh the only guild it killed is hayashi so who cares lol

Akoalin
07-18-2005, 05:52 PM
But meh the only guild it killed is hayashi so who cares lol
I had a good friend who quit because of the Hayashi tags not workin for trials, sthuplzkthxbai.

jkool666
07-19-2005, 12:49 AM
Ya im good friends with all the hayashi to lol i was in it like 3 times... A legend/co-leader/elite lol but ya oh well

someonesomewhere
07-19-2005, 01:35 PM
I log on and no one has their Hayashi tag on, mostly because they are trial... I'm pretty much the only one who wears mine whenever I'm on. I understand the need to make it so trials are limited... But to kill most of their chance of playing Zone on an almost equal level with those who pay is kind of counter-productive, don't you think?

StormYs
07-20-2005, 12:16 AM
HeHe By the sounds of reading these I think sir_link gets owned by trials... And also he doesn't know everyone that well as he was calling stormys a noob but anyways ya whenever armour is released trials will have a HUGE handycap with only 80hp.

I am sure armour will cost lotsa :| so I don't think they shall be able to offord that.

jkool666
07-20-2005, 12:31 AM
I am sure armour will cost lotsa :| so I don't think they shall be able to offord that.
Ya i guess your right there lol

Wind_Master
07-23-2005, 06:21 AM
graal is so bad now bcause of all the trial handicap the game got 2 ez and i had 2 quit cause it sucked not having any challenges and now that i quit im gettin beat all over the place damn graal :frown: