PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: SpyBot 5000

Gambet
07-01-2005, 07:22 AM
The SpyBot 5000 is a rather small vehicle. It is completely metal and has the ability to hover, but just high enough to get over walls. It has absolutely no weaponry installed to it and couldn't hurt a fly. It can drive on land or hover over walls. It is basically a mini tank, which has an internal camera. Although the SpyBot 5000 is made of metal, it is destroyed very easily. Infact, when we took it on a test run, it seems even one bullet shot destroyed the little thing.

Suggestion:

Make some sort of small vehicle which players need to buy, and they can use it to drive around the server to see where the enemies currently are. It should be able to hover only high enough to go over walls. While hovering, the 4 wheels should be replaced with little boosters that emmit (emit?) flames towards the ground to make it hover. When the vehicle lands, then the boosters go inside and the 4 wheels come out. Basically, when using the vehicle, using the internal camera, your focus should be set to the vehicle where you can see your surroundings.

NOTE: You are completely open to attacks when using the vehicle, so you should find a safe spot to use it.

The vehicle should be destroyed with a mere blast off of any gun or a sword swing, etc. The vehicle is not built to be strong, but rather as a spy device.

Maybe the vehicle could have some sort of stealth mode, where it takes your health to make the vehicle invisible. This means, that while your health goes down when you use stealth mode, the vehicle becomes invisible. The vehicle shouldnt be too slow but it also shouldnt be too fast.

It's just a way to know what you're going up against and it's a good way to see which bases are empty and so forth.

I know some of you are probably thinking that we already have a radar, but what you need to understand is that whenever you see someone in the radar, they can see you. Crouching takes way too long, and especially in a big map like Iricia, so the vehicle would be an easier way to find out where the enemy is without being spotted.

Hurray for R.C (Remote Control) SpyBot 5000!

:)

Curt1zzle
07-01-2005, 07:51 AM
Pointless.

Too much of a fast moving game, no time for wasteful nonsense snooping.

Gambet
07-01-2005, 07:53 AM
Pointless.

Too much of a fast moving game, no time for wasteful nonsense snooping.

Too much of a fast moving game? No time for wasteful nonsense snooping?

Do you even play ANY shooting games? I don't see you on Zone much, so I don't blame you for such a comment, but it's definitely NOT pointless. Everytime I try to find out if a base is inhabited by anyone, I have the crawl which takes forever, just so I'm not seen.

People like to just barge into things and then they die over and over again.

The whole point is to make things interesting and fun. It's not a matter of running into a base with 100 people and just shooting like crazy. If a team ever expects to win, they will have to play smart and work as a team.

Stealth can be a key factor in winning.

pacMASTA
07-01-2005, 08:24 AM
Yea kinda dumb cause while your scouting lol a person is walking to take a base, or in a mech killing you =p also this idea sounds like from Perfect Dark64 >.>

Wolfey
07-01-2005, 05:18 PM
thats weird

someonesomewhere
07-01-2005, 09:58 PM
The idea is good, and I wouldn't mind it, as long as it doesn't do damage >.>
Also, how much H.P. would it take away, and if you had to buy it, how much would it cost, and would it need to be replaced every time it dies?
If the whole buying thing doesn't work out, it should be given to maybe 2 classes and be given to both sides on Zone Wars.

Gambet
07-01-2005, 10:47 PM
It wouldn't deal any damage. I guess it could be buyable and then when it's destroyed, you could take it to some engineer where he/she could fix it for you, for a small fee, or free of charge.

Admins
07-02-2005, 03:04 AM
The enemy sees it, also on the radar ?

Curt1zzle
07-02-2005, 03:31 AM
The enemy sees it, also on the radar ?

The enemy could physically see it, but it shouldn't be on radar...

SayianOozaru
07-02-2005, 03:54 AM
not to sure on what a "spy bot" should look like, but i made one...a few things though:

1)it could be bought like grenades, but it's limit would be 5 (max) and they'd cost like $75-150 each

2) you could buy one for $2500 and whenever you wanted it fixed, you just have to go back to the dropship, and it'd automatically heal itself, or there could be some item you'd have to buy that took up 15-25 energy to fix it up.....

just suggestions on if you'd have to buy multipule ones or a single one...here's the "spy bot" i made...i gave it a little camera, and it's smaller than the heads (on Zone anyway) since it's a "spy bot" i figured i'd make it small...harder to see, and harder to hit(maybe)....but maybe i made it to light?

*Edit

also posted what it'd look like in relation to the human size on Zone...

Curt1zzle
07-02-2005, 04:00 AM
not to sure on what a "spy bot" should look like, but i made one...a few things though:

1)it could be bought like grenades, but it's limit would be 5 (max) and they'd cost like $75-150 each

2) you could buy one for $2500 and whenever you wanted it fixed, you just have to go back to the dropship, and it'd automatically heal itself, or there could be some item you'd have to buy that took up 15-25 energy to fix it up.....

just suggestions on if you'd have to buy multipule ones or a single one...here's the "spy bot" i made...i gave it a little camera, and it's smaller than the heads (on Zone anyway) since it's a "spy bot" i figured i'd make it small...harder to see, and harder to hit(maybe)....but maybe i made it to light?

*Edit

also posted what it'd look like in relation to the human size on Zone...

Looks great.

SayianOozaru
07-02-2005, 04:19 AM
thanks, working on the thing you'd fix it up with. but i made a "remote" so i'd be more realistic i guess, so you can watch from the remote to see what the spy bot is doing (even though your controling the spy bot as if it were your character, this would make it look like your character is watching it from where he/she is standing) and you should be able to switch between your character and the spy bot, so that you no if your being shot at (spy bot should take up 2 hands, one is the bot itself, the other is the remote, and to control the bot you'd press like S or D)

*Edit

not sure if the fixing thing is to good.... :\(to the right)

Admins
07-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Ah I thought it should be a vehicle where people can sit in ?
A flying mini-camera thing would be interesting too, should be a little bit bigger may be?

Gambet
07-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Ah I thought it should be a vehicle where people can sit in ?
A flying mini-camera thing would be interesting too, should be a little bit bigger may be?

Would be no purpose for it to be a vehicle people can sit it. It's suppose to be like a flying mini-camera thing as you said. Except, it should only be able to hover over walls, and please make it so that if it's in the air it CAN get shot down.

Wolfey
07-02-2005, 06:39 PM
how a bout a little cable the bot drop that the bot can lift u i nthe air for a little bit

Crono
07-02-2005, 09:21 PM
I'm pretty sure that could hurt more than a fly. If that ran into a human's head it would hurt.

SayianOozaru
07-03-2005, 01:37 AM
....if it were to do that....it'd be like it blows up, because it can't take a hit....and when you ram into someone in a vehicle, the vehcile loses more hp than the player...