PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Bounty System

Gambet
07-01-2005, 04:22 AM
I think that we should develop a bounty system in which if you have a certain star, X amount of money/exp is added when you kill the person with X amount of stars and you gain X amount of money/exp when achieving X amount of stars.

Suggestion:

Stars will appear over the players head when they have reached the requirements per star. If the player does not meet the requirement, then no star will appear. Getting a star will not be easy, but it is rewarding.

Requirements:

1 Star: 20 kills more then deaths while in game (in game stats)
2 Stars: 40 kills more then deaths while in game (in game stats)
3 Stars: 60 kills more then deaths while in game (in game stats)
4 Stars: 80 kills more then deaths while in game (in game stats)
5 Stars: 100 kills more then deaths while in game (in game stats)

Points Per Killing Person With Star(s):

1 Star: +20 exp and +20 money when killing person
2 Stars: +40 exp and +40 money when killing person
3 Stars: +60 exp and +60 money when killing person
4 Stars: +80 exp and +80 money when killing person
5 Stars: +100 exp and +100 money when killing person

Points For Person Achieving Star(s):

1 Star: Automatic 20 exp and 20 money
2 Stars: Automatic 40 exp and 40 money
3 Stars: Automatic 60 exp and 60 money
4 Stars: Automatic 80 exp and 80 money
5 Stars: Automatic 100 exp and 100 money

When a player gets a star, it should say it in the bottom left part of the screen (where global messages/team messages appear) and it should say something like "Account OR Nick is a great threat to the server. The person that kills him/her will be awarded a bounty. His/her current wanted level is (insert number of star(s) that the person has achieved)). Please be on alert."

Example:

Gambet is a great threat to the server. The person that kills him/her will be awarded a bounty. His/her current wanted level is 5. Please be on alert.

and when the person dies, then it should say something like "Account OR Nick has been killed by Account Or Nick. He/she has been awarded with a bounty of +(insert number of exp/money he/she has recieved for killing that person...refer to the chart I made), which has been added to the bounty he/she recieved automatically by killing Account OR Nick.

Example:

Gambet has been killed by Stefan. He/she has been awarded with a bounty of +100 exp and +100 money, which has been added to the bounty he/she recieved automatically by killing Gambet.

Let's say I have 20 kills and 0 deaths, and I get one star. If I die, then I'll be at 20 kills and 1 death. So, you would presume that if I got one more kill, 21 kills and 0 deaths, I would get the bounty again, but it would not work like this.

If you die, then you will have to start over with the bounty. This means, if I have 20 kills and 0 deaths, I get 1 star, and if I die and I want to get 1 star again, then I will need to get another 20 kills without dying if I wanted another star. This means, my stats would have to be: 41 kills and 1 death (IN THIS CASE) before I got my 1 star back.

Also, if you leave the map at ANY time or if you reconnect, then if you had any stars, they will go away, and you will have to start anew with the chart (meaning from the second you log on/re-enter the map, you will need to get 20 kills over deaths to get 1 star, etc).

Kaimetsu
07-01-2005, 04:41 AM
Gambet is a great threat to the server

This is my favorite part.

Gambet
07-01-2005, 04:46 AM

Thank you for ruining the thread, Kai.

Out of everyone, I didn't expect such a comment from you.

Wolfey
07-01-2005, 05:27 AM
lol

Gambet
07-01-2005, 05:37 AM
Some serious input, please.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-01-2005, 06:20 AM
My input has to do with a stolen idea from Grand Theft Auto. Zone isn't original anyway.

Gambet
07-01-2005, 06:24 AM
My input has to do with a stolen idea from Grand Theft Auto. Zone isn't original anyway.

Stolen from Grand Theft Auto? Because of the stars? Oh please.

What? Do you want us to use fishes?

Give me a break.

VulcanP2P
07-01-2005, 07:23 AM
Stolen from Grand Theft Auto? Because of the stars? Oh please.

What? Do you want us to use fishes?

Give me a break.

No! Use hearts!1

OK, seriously, the idea isn't half bad and could probably bring some more fun in to the game. I think it should be added to the todo list but not so important. There are alot of other scripts needed besides this.

Curt1zzle
07-01-2005, 07:25 AM

Props to you bud, you've earned them.

Ugh, I just congratulated you...yuck!

Gambet
07-01-2005, 07:31 AM
Props to you bud, you've earned them.

Ugh, I just congratulated you...yuck!

I spoke to Kai on aim. I presume that what you think he meant, is not exactly what he meant. Why? Because I thought he meant something he didn't. :)

Vulcan:

Just supplying ideas to try to bring up the players interest.

Blackdragon
07-01-2005, 08:05 AM
Nah gambet this not cool keep the bounty and all that the same way

Gambet
07-01-2005, 08:12 AM
It WILL stay the same...this is just an add-on suggestion.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-01-2005, 08:43 AM
The entire "Kill and get stars" is derived from Grand Theft Auto.

Gambet
07-01-2005, 08:47 AM
The entire "Kill and get stars" is derived from Grand Theft Auto.

No. Stars on GTA are completely different. And, you don't always get a star when you kill someone.

I got the star idea from GTA, yes, but the rest is fairly original (star idea meaning star over your head...it's different in GTA, but I thought of stars due to it).

Gambet
07-02-2005, 06:02 AM
Personally, I think it would give a reason for players to improve their skills. Would be interesting.