PDA

View Full Version : Zone Wars: Unbalenced

Raeiphon
06-30-2005, 09:20 AM
Reasons?

Lightside uses a weapon that doesnt take of any HP at all, to disable Darkside mechs. Lightside has speeders, which require a beam to disable. This beam costs 3hp, and all it does is at least slow them down. By the time the speeder hits the floor, the user has 3hp left from beaming so often.

Solution? - Lower the damage of beam and take away the HP differental OR Add a damage to electron, and not allow constant refire (e.g 30 energy per, as im sick of tired of being beaten by a recruit with a fricking electron) AND Make the speeder fall as soon as its disabled.

Speeder fires missiles far too fast, and they do far too much damage. 10 damage per on incredibly fast shots, with unlimited ammo, not consuming any energy takes all the skill out.

Solution? - Lower the damage to 1 per, but manage to keep the 10 per for the buildings. (Change this with mech's too, the missiles are far too strong against players)

Plasmasabers reflecting shots away is absurd. All the time at least, it should be a point where there is a roll, if it succeeds, the shot(s) are dodged and you continue to swing. if it fails, the shot damage is deducted from your health, and you continue to swing.

Solution? - Institute above statement OR Allow darkpulsar the ability to not be affected by the plasmasabers. (ignores dodge)

Light side is flooded with too many people AFK'ing, or people in general.
Off my experience, it takes 2 darksiders to kill 1 jedi out of mech. it takes 2 jedi to kill one darksider inside mech.

Solution? - Even it out. Dont let players keep the team after the fight is over. Make them run for it again. That way people dont camp a certain team just for money and exp. provides variety in this field from time to time.

Bugs:

Not sure if this is one, but bluerifle charge shots are ignored and not deflected, yet they still do damage to the player trying to deflect them.

combatknife (thrown) does no damage to a person swinging their PS

speeders can go off the field, where you cannot see them. if they are taken down, the player is stuck until the opposing team can kill them.

mechs sometime disappear while riding them, you are stuck till someon kills you, and you can only shoot diagonally in one direction.

--

Hope these can finally even out the ZW playing field.

Oh, one last thing:

Spawncampers suck,

VulcanP2P
06-30-2005, 09:32 AM
Really good points. Hopefully Stefan will see this. :D

Raeiphon
06-30-2005, 09:34 AM
The bluerifle bug is my personal favorite. There is nothing more amusing than disrupting a new recruit who's swinging his PS away be killed by a shot that he sees coming.

His final words: OMFGWTFBBQ! HACKER

XD

Plasmarifle does it too, i should think,

Admins
06-30-2005, 02:17 PM
The electron is actually quite strong, the only disadvantage is that its short-distance.
I Will check the reflection of bluerifle and plasmarifle bullets.

Raeiphon
06-30-2005, 03:00 PM
However, the LS always catch up. When i'm dashing or not.

It too needs a disadvantge, only for that map.

I'd leave the plasmarifle and bluerifle shots alone, how can you deflect something that's bigger than you anyway?

Crono
06-30-2005, 03:13 PM
I think it's pretty damn even the way it is.

Or not. Take away the "you have to be soldier" on the Beam and it'll be fair. Making beam soldier only is pure stupidity at it's best.

p2p_Sir_Link
06-30-2005, 07:00 PM
I'm pretty sure the electron racks damage up quickly.

someonesomewhere
07-01-2005, 11:19 PM
I think it's pretty damn even the way it is.

Or not. Take away the "you have to be soldier" on the Beam and it'll be fair. Making beam soldier only is pure stupidity at it's best.
THIS is a pain in the butt. The beam can be very powerful, but only if you are willing to sacrifice some hp for it, meaning it may be too powerful for new players but NOT for those who ran out of Gold. However, I hate being the only person on Dark Side who can disable the bike because no one else has Gold. So, I think beam should not have an EXP requirement, OR you should make another way for Dark Side to disable bikes.

Akoalin
07-02-2005, 12:42 AM
I completely agree with Raeiphon... plasmasabres are lethal enough, why not give both sides plasmasabres?