PDA

View Full Version : Abyssal Openings (Scripters)

Raelyn
06-29-2005, 06:02 PM
Abyssal is a server set in a dark fantasy setting, where magic, swords, plasma rifles and mecha collide, think Heavy Metal meets Robot Carnival. Some dark and scary stuff.

Current hurdle is the game systems, most of which will not be default graal systems, all the graphics are going out the window, cartoon is gone in favor of something more sinister. Everything is going to be new. Some of the such changes will be getting rid of overhead speech and most, if not all use of the playerlist, a unique combat system with multiple attack variations that can be strung together to make more powerful combo attacks, custom equipables, and experience based character development WITHOUT levels. Ideally, a large majority of the objects and environment will be manipulatable, trees will all be able to be hacked down, and will NOT instantly reappear moments later.

This is not a server that is going to be "finished" this is a server that once released, will continue to receive regular content updates, so if you already work for other servers, and you are just wanting to add another world access to your RC, we don't need you. Dedicated people only. If you are going to work on this, you're not going to be idly chatting in RC.

As stated in the title, this is an opening for scripters, there are alot of systems, and not enough people currently to complete them, I am not a scripter at all, so as for your abilities, I will have to take your word for it. I need people who can complete tasks within a reasonable amount of time, not that it takes you three months to finish a script because you procrastinate for two. Not a must, but a definate plus is a horde of creativity, this is a big project, and the content will feed off of the creativity of the players and staff, so the more creative juices that are flowing, the better.

Contact me through these channels, please do not use forum PM.

email: [email protected]
aim: frolicgfx
yahoo: frolicgfx

Kaimetsu
06-29-2005, 10:24 PM
There are lots of playerworlds in need of scripting help. It might help if you explain why the scripters should choose yours over all the others.

Matt
06-30-2005, 12:51 AM
Please read this before posting staff openings for your playerworld.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54022

p2p_Sir_Link
06-30-2005, 05:29 AM
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56129&page=2&pp=15

Read the post with the pictures. It's the same server.

Raelyn
06-30-2005, 01:06 PM
There are lots of playerworlds in need of scripting help. It might help if you explain why the scripters should choose yours over all the others.

I am not in the market to impress, I am in the market to hire, if someone doesn't apply, so be it, if they do, all good and well. No one should have to pick this position over others, and as for the specifics, this is the same server that has been in the making now for a while, refer to my previous posts on the subject, as far as the game systems and the server concepts.
Please read this before posting staff openings for your playerworld.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54022

I did read that, and that's not all required data, just suggested.

Kevin, we need to talk about your jail script, namely, removing it.

p2p_Sir_Link
06-30-2005, 05:14 PM
Fixed it, just needed to set the serverops to correct onlinestartlocal and unstickme location.

Raelyn
07-01-2005, 12:43 AM
Fixed it, just needed to set the serverops to correct onlinestartlocal and unstickme location.

Thanks Kev, oh, and why did a whole branch of the thread consisting of alot of flaming and spamming vanish into thin air?

Darlene159
07-01-2005, 12:43 AM
K, let's try this again without all the arguing :/

Sounds interesting, good luck

Kaimetsu
07-01-2005, 12:44 AM
I am not in the market to impress, I am in the market to hire

The former makes the latter much easier.

Thanks Kev, oh, and why did a whole branch of the thread consisting of alot of flaming and spamming vanish into thin air?

Moon Goddess found it.

Raelyn
07-03-2005, 05:50 AM
Abyssal still needs scripters, the terrain system and movement systems are mucho grande, too much so for the one and a half scripter(s) currently working on the server.

It's a tile based system, three dimensional, as in x,y,z, not as in polys. With alot of features that still need to be scripted onto it. Contact me if you're interested in the position or need to know more.

Once again;

AIM: FrolicGFX
Y!: FrolicGFX
Email: [email protected]

Raelyn
07-05-2005, 11:22 AM
http://24.167.3.56/ae_isoshot.png