PDA

View Full Version : Speed Hackers 2

Deophite18
06-27-2005, 09:55 PM
Someone needs to hire some more staff to work on zone and monitor whats going on. One staff member simply isnt going to cut it and hes not ALWAYS on. I am getting sick of being in a game and getting killed repeatedly by some ******* who runs 3x faster than anyone else. It ruins the entire game.

Amagius
06-27-2005, 10:41 PM
Speed Hackers 2: The Graalian Menace

Sorry, the subject just seemed like a movie rip-off.

Googi
06-27-2005, 11:14 PM
Yeah some other staff would be good. Why is Gambet the only staff anyways? I don't really see what distinguishes him from everyone else.

Crono
06-27-2005, 11:21 PM
Yeah some other staff would be good. Why is Gambet the only staff anyways? I don't really see what distinguishes him from everyone else.

he iz kewl LOL IF CUORS!!

Admins
06-27-2005, 11:51 PM
Yes we am working on something more automatically. It's strange that even some admins do speed hack (Cassy from Era) and hackers now speed hack on Zone to get an account banned (see Admin-Playerworld99)

Curt1zzle
06-28-2005, 12:03 AM
Yes we am working on something more automatically. It's strange that even some admins do speed hack (Cassy from Era) and hackers now speed hack on Zone to get an account banned (see Admin-Playerworld99)

Automated would be good, but it will never beat a real person.

Cassy's case is very odd...I need to talk to her about it.

SayianOozaru
06-28-2005, 02:00 AM
you could hire me as staff ;) i'm usually on Zone anyway....:) the only time i get off, is when i'm laggin really bad...

Curt1zzle
06-28-2005, 02:05 AM
Cassy's post got removed somehow and now she can't post because of her 8 hour classic limit, so I'll post her message:

"

While the former came as a complete surprise to me, the latter does not. I have spent hours since Saturday trying to find out about my account's ban before this was to be made a public example, but it appears to be too late.. support ticket filed.

Anyone who wishes to speak to me privately about this, please do so. =("

- Cassy

VulcanP2P
06-28-2005, 03:25 AM
I am fully against Cassy's ban. I've talked to her and Stefan about it. Hopefully some solid proof that it was not her can be found.

Edit: Sorry to steer this post off topic but Gambet is fully against someone to fill a GP job. I talked to Stefan about working as a GP with just Ban and Disconnect and Gambet didn't want one. Hopefully the system will be good enough but like Cutr1s said a person is always better than a script.

Curt1zzle
06-28-2005, 03:51 AM
I am fully against Cassy's ban. I've talked to her and Stefan about it. Hopefully some solid proof that it was not her can be found.

Edit: Sorry to steer this post off topic but Gambet is fully against someone to fill a GP job. I talked to Stefan about working as a GP with just Ban and Disconnect and Gambet didn't want one. Hopefully the system will be good enough but like Cutr1s said a person is always better than a script.

If Jesus Christ himself were a scripter or graphics artist, Gambet would be "opposed" to having him hired on Zone.

It's very simple, Gambet feels like he's got Zone around his finger and it's a classic "My bone, don't touch" scenario.

VulcanP2P
06-28-2005, 04:03 AM
Actually I think he said something extemely similar to that just in different words. x_x"

juice188
06-28-2005, 05:45 AM
xD very nice.

SayianOozaru
06-28-2005, 07:36 AM
XD well, what happened to Gambet? he hasn't been on for like 1 week and a half....so all those hackers have been gettin away with hacking :(

Blackdragon
06-28-2005, 10:04 AM
To guild totally we need alot more staff members on Zone Gambet you never know when on at the right time. Learn to get alot mroe time on Zone if you are going to be staff then you need to be more like me and double server at a time i have like 5 serves up at the same time and i'm playing 5 times the games god

Obvious
06-28-2005, 10:26 AM
I highly doubt it was her.

xAndrewx
06-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Cassy isn't like that :[

StormYs
06-28-2005, 12:42 PM
Cassy told me she was suddenly banned but erm whateverx_x.
These days you find hackers everywhere on zone... like rykuz and his other accounts and newbs with no gold x.x very annoying :frown:

VulcanP2P
06-28-2005, 06:28 PM
I highly doubt it was her.

Exactly. >_>

Gambet
06-28-2005, 07:26 PM
What you all don't know is that whether admins are on or not, speed hackers are caught. Currently, when you speed hack, it's recorded in a log which I check each time I get on. I've been absent the past 4-5 days (which I will explain why in the hello/goodbye thread in a moment), so I havnt been able to check the logs, but I'm sure Stefan has.

Zone does not need anymore staff then it already has.

Remember: Just because staff are not on does not mean that what you do is not logged (I.E speed hackers).

protagonist
06-28-2005, 09:18 PM
One admin to police a server is simply not enough. Not for the volume that Zone gets. No harm comes from having another enforcer or two there, as long as they are nice, trustworthy people.

VulcanP2P
06-28-2005, 09:20 PM
What you all don't know is that whether admins are on or not, speed hackers are caught. Currently, when you speed hack, it's recorded in a log which I check each time I get on. I've been absent the past 4-5 days (which I will explain why in the hello/goodbye thread in a moment), so I havnt been able to check the logs, but I'm sure Stefan has.

Remember: Just because staff are not on does not mean that what you do is not logged (I.E speed hackers).

I know how the system works Gambet but there are times where a person is better to have than a script. It would be good to have at the least one GP.

Edit: Take this case Cassy has right now. A script can't determine if it was her or someone who hacked her account.

Curt1zzle
06-28-2005, 09:24 PM

That's all swell and dandy Gambet, but Zone doesn't belong to you.

I'm so tired of your rent-a-cop attitude...stop feeling so threatened.

The hackers might be banned a few days after, but at the time they're online and ruining peoples' gameplay - they deserve to be banned on the spot.

Sacred Shadow
06-28-2005, 09:34 PM
I highly doubt Cassy speed hacked...

Chris
06-28-2005, 09:44 PM

She didn't speed hack. You know I wouldn't lie about that to you. She would be the last person to do that. x_x

Gambet
06-28-2005, 09:58 PM
I didn't ban Cassy, Stefan did.

Besides, it's not a factor whether it was the persons account that hacked at the time. The point is, the account was hacking, thus it's been banned. Who it belongs to or if the owner hacked or not is not really a factor. Either way, this would have to be discussed with Stefan (if Cassy feels that she shouldn't be banned).

Anyways, more staff is not needed. Speed Hacking is the only problem currently, and all speed hackers are logged. Stefan is working on making the system create automatic actions. This could mean that speed hackers would be disconnected automatically, or banned, or whatever he decides to do. Until then, the current system is fine.

VulcanP2P
06-28-2005, 10:00 PM
If the current system is fine then why are people complaining?

Chris
06-28-2005, 10:03 PM
It obviously isn't.

Gambet
06-28-2005, 10:03 PM

Things are going on behind the scenes, the players just need to be patient. We are working on making ways of improving the system. It's fine because all speed hackers are caught. The only problem is that some speed hackers will probably have their fun before they are banned, since Stefan and myself don't always catch hackers while they are hacking, but that's why we're working on making the system create automatic actions.

There are more reliable ways of doing this then taking the easy way out by adding a bunch of staff which is clearly not needed.

VulcanP2P
06-28-2005, 10:07 PM
Things are going on behind the scenes, the players just need to be patient. We are working on making ways of improving the system. It's fine because all speed hackers are caught. The only problem is that some speed hackers will probably have their fun before they are banned, since Stefan and myself don't always catch hackers while they are hacking, but that's why we're working on making the system create automatic actions.

There are more reliable ways of doing this then taking the easy way out by adding a bunch of staff which is clearly not needed.

Sure, the automatic banning or jailing would solve the problem of them having "fun" as you called it before they're punished but it still doesn't solve the problem of the people punished unfairly. One or two people to handle the hackers is not a waste. It would help out the server alot.

Gambet
06-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Sure, the automatic banning or jailing would solve the problem of them having "fun" as you called it before they're punished but it still doesn't solve the problem of the people punished unfairly. One or two people to handle the hackers is not a waste. It would help out the server alot.

Once again, there is no "punished unfairly". When an account is banned, what does that mean? It means that the account cannot play the server anymore. Since when does it matter if the person committing the crime is the actual owner of the account? As I said, those things are to be discussed with Stefan.

Your points on getting staff are not very good reasons. Things like unfair bannings are to be brought up with Stefan by the person, and not handled by anyone else, unless it's unixmad.

VulcanP2P
06-28-2005, 10:19 PM
What I meant by being punished unfairly was that a script cannot do what a person would be able to. Lets say Person X somehow triggers the system without even speedhacking and is sent to jail. A GP however sees the message in RC and warps to them to see if they're hacking or not or they check the log and look if the person was hacking for a long time or if theres just one or two messages. A script can not be as reliable as a person can be.

Gambet
06-28-2005, 10:20 PM
What I meant by being punished unfairly was that a script cannot do what a person would be able to. Lets say Person X somehow triggers the system without even speedhacking and is sent to jail. A GP however sees the message in RC and warps to them to see if they're hacking or not or they check the log and look if the person was hacking for a long time or if theres just one or two messages. A script can not be as reliable as a person can be.

You seem to underestimate Stefans abilities. I've already thought of this, and I know of ways to make sure that the person being punished is actually speed hacking. I'll be discussing the automatic actions with Stefan the next time I see him.

VulcanP2P
06-28-2005, 10:22 PM
Sometimes things aren't what they seem... :rolleyes:

I've seen first hand, like many others, what Stefan is able to do. :\

Gambet
06-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Sometimes things aren't what they seem... :rolleyes:

I've seen first hand, like many others, what Stefan is able to do. :\

Vulcan, I've already thought of all of this, just be patient.

VulcanP2P
06-28-2005, 10:28 PM
I understand that but I think everyone can agree that it is hard to be patient because whenever you log on Zone you have speed hackers ruining your fun.

Gambet
06-28-2005, 10:31 PM
I understand that but I think everyone can agree that it is hard to be patient because whenever you log on Zone you have speed hackers ruining your fun.

Which is why I'll try to get this thing done a.s.a.p

Anyways, while I'm on, you won't need to worry about speed hackers.

pacMASTA
06-28-2005, 11:18 PM
Also maybe she did go faster then norm but it could have been a hardware glithc in her GPU or CPU wich would change frames...

Curt1zzle
06-28-2005, 11:36 PM
Gambet, you're rediculous and close minded. It's pissing not only me, but near everyone off.

When you look around and see damn near everyone complaining...something must be wrong.

Answer this, Gambet: What does it hurt to hire 1 addition staff, making 2 (1+1=2) to handle players who hack?

Gambet
06-28-2005, 11:44 PM
Blah

Because more staff won't be needed once the system is completed.

pacMASTA
06-28-2005, 11:48 PM
or just because you crave power hmmm and want to have zone under your controll hmmm?

Gambet
06-28-2005, 11:49 PM
or just because you crave power hmmm and want to have zone under your controll hmmm?

What does this have to do with power? My rights would remain the same whether more people are hired or not.

Curt1zzle
06-29-2005, 12:03 AM
Because more staff won't be needed once the system is completed.

Ok, thanks for sidestepping my question.

Must I type it again? What would the addition of another staff to ban hackers hurt?

Malinko
06-29-2005, 12:07 AM
Hm.

Gambet
06-29-2005, 12:11 AM
Ok, thanks for sidestepping my question.

Must I type it again? What would the addition of another staff to ban hackers hurt?

What would additional globals hurt?
What would another Graal owner hurt?
What would muiltiple managers hurt?

More staff are not needed on Zone. It seems I could explain this to you all day and you'd never understand.

Curt1zzle
06-29-2005, 12:18 AM

More staff are not needed on Zone. It seems I could explain this to you all day and you'd never understand.

Too many people to turn to for the players which could become confusing for staff and customers alike , as well as too many rights to be corrupted since globals have access to every server.

It would cut the pay into 1/3's for Stefan and Unixmad, as well as cause conflicting corporate decisions. Businesses don't have numerous CEO's.

Conflicting interests in future server development plans as well as eliminate the "final decision" aspect of what a manager is there for, similar to owner problem.

--
You're right, I'd never understand - It's hard to when you don't receive an answer.

Now, answer my question. (For the third time)

Gambet
06-29-2005, 12:22 AM
Blah

Not all of those reasons would be a problem, but what I was trying to establish is that there are ups and downs with adding things.

If it doesn't need change, then leave it alone. Once Stefan works on the system and adds automatic actions, then extra staff wouldn't be needed. Currently, since speed hackers are logged, extra staff won't be needed.

Why waste electricity by turning on the lights in a room, during the daytime, to illuminate it, when you can easily save money by opening the curtains/window to illuminate the room?

No need to add things that are not needed.

Chris
06-29-2005, 12:23 AM
A computer can't compensate for the human brain. But this is Graal so I'm wrong.

Gambet
06-29-2005, 12:25 AM
A computer can't compensate for the human brain. But this is Graal so I'm wrong.

How is this valid at all in this situation?

Currently, the system catches speed hackers, making your statement void (in this situation). When the system is improved and actions are made automatically, then the system would continue to catch speed hackers, still making your statement void.

Curt1zzle
06-29-2005, 12:27 AM
Not all of those reasons would be a problem, but what I was trying to establish is that there are ups and downs with adding things.

If it doesn't need change, then leave it alone. Once Stefan works on the system and adds automatic actions, then extra staff wouldn't be needed. Currently, since speed hackers are logged, extra staff won't be needed.

Why waste electricity by turning on the lights in a room, during the daytime, to illuminate it, when you can easily save money by opening the curtains/window to illuminate the room?

No need to add things that are not needed.

Every one of your half-answers consists of "once", "soon", or something to that degree. Let me spell the problem out for you in very, very simple terms and maybe even give you a solution!

Problem: Hackers are speedhacking and ruining gameplay for paying customers when Gambet or Stefan is not available to be on RC for bannings.

Solution: Hire an extra staff member to sit on RC and monitor the speed logs to ban abusers that speedhack, making the total uptime of RC users increase and the disruption of hackers decrease.

Not all of those reasons would be a problem

Tell me then Gambet, which one of them wouldn't be a problem then?

Chris
06-29-2005, 12:30 AM
How is this valid at all in this situation?

Currently, the system catches speed hackers, making your statement void (in this situation). When the system is improved and actions are made automatically, then the system would continue to catch speed hackers, still making your statement void.
No computer system is 100% flawless. A computer can't uses logic to try and comprehend what is happening other than what it is programmed for. A person could watch the alleged hacker to make sure that person is actually hacking. Then compare the data from the speed hack detection system and make a conclusion. Relying all on some system = stupid. And you're naive think one person could handle all of that.

Gambet
06-29-2005, 12:31 AM
Blah

The only thing reliable that would monitor the server 24/7 is the current system we have. Stefan was originally going to make it do automatic actions, but he had to make sure it worked first. I have a few things to suggest when I see him, and then maybe he can enable it to perform automatically upon speed hackers.

Blah

One person is not doing this alone. Two people are working on it along with about two or three systems.

Curt1zzle
06-29-2005, 12:32 AM
I'm done, you are...bafflingly stupid.

The concept is so elementary yet lightyears away from your train of thought. I just don't know what else to say, bud. You have fun in your fairyland.

Raeiphon
06-30-2005, 09:31 AM
I have noticed that whatever I do, crossbow or slime, I can never seem to slow cassy down. Either I lag or miss, or she just doesnt slow down.