PDA

View Full Version : Kudosai Hiring

Arnack
06-27-2005, 02:08 AM
The year is 1345 G.Y. and the lands of Yohoki are in a horrid and corrupted stage, as hate and pain rule the lands. The people wake up every morning hoping for a miracle to change the lands of Yohoki back to peace. A young warrior stands up to the corrupted civilization to fight for the peace of the lands and get rid of all the evil that stands in his way.

Kudosai is Hiring

The server is basicly revolving around anciant Japan and the Samuria Age.
So, we would like the dev that could do that type of skills.

The following Dev Jobs are needed for the playerworld "Kudosai"

(-Add all the levels,scripts,graphics into a folder and
e-mail it to [email protected])

First we will need Personal Info

1)Whats your Account name?
2)Whats your ip address?
3)What time zone are you in?
4)How can you benfit my server?
5)Why should i hire you?(and has to more than a sentence.)
6)Do you have anyother staff jobs?
7)How much will you work for me every week?
8)Will you inform me if you get introuble or vaction?
9)Do you know how to use Gscript2?

Co Owner
1)Make a town that has the following:
a)At the minium of 3 outsides and 1 insides.
b)Send 4 working scripts.
-None of the scripts can be stolen or used on another server.
-No Staff Tools. I want scripts that will help the server not the staff.
c)If you can do graphics add some graphics.

LAT
RQM
1)Make 2 outside levels

a) One of those outside levels most have: good details, less than 3 errors, nothing stolen. Plenty of buildings.(must link inside levels with the houses on this level.)
b) The other one you can do what every you want just make it look good.
2)Make 2 inside levels.
a)They have to be connected to the outside levels.
b)once again nothing stolen.
3) Make sure that the link works and you make all the levels zipped.

GFX
RQM
1)Send 3 japanese style images.
a)One of the images has to be a sword.
b)None Graphics are to be stolen.
c)Make sure to have all the different directions of the sword.

NAT
1)Send 4 working scripts.
a)None of the scripts can be stolen or used on another server.
b)I don't want simple scripts.
c)No Staff Tools. I want scripts that will help the server not the staff.
d) but the scripts in a level.(the level does not have to look good)

Make sure the levels that have the scripts in it are zipped.
-And if you have images for the scripts send them too.

Well, that is it for now, and here are some screenshots:
http://img162.echo.cx/img162/2417/forumpic17xa.th.png (http://img162.echo.cx/my.php?image=forumpic17xa.png)

http://img162.echo.cx/img162/808/forumpic24jr.th.png (http://img162.echo.cx/my.php?image=forumpic24jr.png)

Matt
06-27-2005, 03:10 AM
A tryout for Co Owner is rediculous. Co Ownership should be based on much more than Development skills. It should be based on Trust, some sort of Managment skills, and how well you know him/her, but hey that's just me.

Good luck with your playerworld. ;)

Arnack
06-27-2005, 03:48 AM
Kojiro Chang: Thanks and I know the co-ownership is based on Trust. But who can you trust when 99.9% of your friends have quit graal or have their own playerworlds. This makes me laugh...This is exactly how i was 4 years ago. I had some levels, a story line, and no staff. Oh and my good friend Arnack made this thread.

Curt1zzle
06-27-2005, 03:52 AM
Kojiro Chang: Thanks and I know the co-ownership is based on Trust. But who can you trust when 99.9% of your friends have quit graal or have their own playerworlds. This makes me laugh...This is exactly how i was 4 years ago. I had some levels, a story line, and no staff.

Then don't hire a co-owner.

Get normal staff, and let them earn your trust.

Then eventually promote one.

Arnack
06-27-2005, 03:58 AM

Kojiro Chang: That is true. I don't know i'll guess i will have to wait and see.

Matt
06-27-2005, 04:00 AM

Exactly. Arnack if you hire a Co Owner based on development skill and he/she is a 'newb' they're bound to be power hungry, which can/will eventually lead to corruption.

Arnack
06-27-2005, 04:09 AM
Exactly. Arnack if you hire a Co Owner based on development skill and he/she is a 'newb' they're bound to be power hungry, which can/will eventually lead to corruption.
Okay...one thing this is not Arnack it's Kojiro Chang. And also the thing is when i do have a staff member i do trust. I am still going to give him/her a test. Just to make sure that he/her is the right person for the job.

Kaimetsu
06-27-2005, 04:13 AM
Okay...one thing this is not Arnack it's Kojiro Chang

You're aware that sharing accounts is illegal, right?

Arnack
06-27-2005, 04:15 AM
It is Arnack but kojiro is telling me what to say, and stuff like that.

Matt
06-27-2005, 05:00 AM
You sure you're not on his account posting yourself? x_x

Arnack
06-27-2005, 05:37 AM
Yes, that is why I sometimes post
Kojiro Chang:
Before posts

xAndrewx
06-27-2005, 10:00 AM
Can i be manager? plz

Crono
06-27-2005, 04:15 PM

That' still illegal.

Kaimetsu
06-27-2005, 04:21 PM

Yeah. Even if you're telling the truth (which seems unlikely), you're still breaking the rules.

WanDaMan
06-27-2005, 05:52 PM
He obviously didn't know, the rules should really be more noticible.

Anyways, nice levels. I like the house designs, I remember you posting the same level a few years ago or something? show us something new and nice too look at.

The levels are decent, as I've stated about I really like the house designs the level quality itself is pretty ****. You've got the style correct you're just using it all wrong >_<

Goodluck with the server and for hiring staff :cool:

Malinko
06-27-2005, 06:30 PM
I refer you to the Sticky that NeoJenova posted:

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54022

GoZelda
06-28-2005, 12:18 AM
Perhaps he meant that he doesn't want to be called Arnack but Kojiro Chang? Just as Gerami is Crono etc.

Arnack
06-28-2005, 01:25 AM
He was telling me what to say through AIM, but I didn't know that was agianst the rules. I will stop right away :-)
Back On-Topic....

Drastic Vendetta
06-28-2005, 09:51 AM
You need to realize that you're developing a unique server (idea wise). The levels you are creating have great ideas being put into them, but you're going about it all wrong.

Design the server to look unique as well. Custom tiles & images would be a good start. Grab the players attention when you post image shots of your server. It shouldn't be too difficult to develop images for a Samurai Age based server.

Go ahead and tell us your plan about the battle system; what it'll be like and what it will include...

Curt1zzle
06-28-2005, 07:06 PM
I think it looks very nice and unique, but the only problem will be walking behind the buildings. Since they're so "tall" with those tiles, it'll be blocking the path and won't be realistic y'know?

Drastic Vendetta
06-29-2005, 12:52 AM
Agreed.

PrinceOfKenshin
06-29-2005, 03:12 AM
I think it looks very nice and unique, but the only problem will be walking behind the buildings. Since they're so "tall" with those tiles, it'll be blocking the path and won't be realistic y'know?
I do agree with you Curt1zzle. I am thinking about making a custom tileset. As for the battle system i made this one up a few months ago with a good friend of mine.
-------------
Battle System
-------------
There will two Battle Systems.

-=Duels/Spars=-
During a Duel or a Spar you go up to a player and you have to ask them if they want to duel. A little box will come up saying Do you accept this duel. You can either select I Accept or I Don't Accept. For both battle systems there will be random parrys and misses. Doing this duel/spar battle system will stop pking. So you don't have to be good at pking to be good at this server.
-=Regular=-
When you are roaming around the world you will run into demons, ninjas, bandits, and animals. During this you will be able to use your combinations of skills to defeat your enemy. There will be a wide selection of weapons to choose from. You will have like a special move that you can do. You get it by building up your AP. So the more attacks you do the stronger the special move will be when you use it.
-=Weapons=-
Every weapon that was used during the samurai era will be on this server. I will have the actual name of the weapon. There will be a button when you buy the weapon or select it saying "History."Which will tell you how the weapon was made and where it got it's name. So that you have better understanding of your weapon. Which will become your next best friend.
-=Cool Features to be looking forward to=-
I am going to make it when you start that you can choose between good and evil. That might sound corny to some. But There will be wars between the Bad which are the Ninjas or Samurai's whom stand next to the Shogun and does not question the rights of him. And the Good which are the samurai's, and they make their own country.Trying to overthrow the Shogun.
-=Quest=-
There will be some really cool quest. There will be so many quest that it will be next to impossible to complete them all. When you join a dojo being on the good side. There are about 20 quest to be made before coming an offical samurai. Being on the bad side you have to do 20 evil quest to prove your loyality to the shogun. Which contain the slaying of little kids and the murders of high goverment men who threaten the Shogun.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

So i hope you like my whole idea. There is still more to come about the economy.