PDA

View Full Version : Tournament = not what u wanted

juice188
06-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Im sorry to all of u actually enjoyed the tournament but players were at extreme dissadvantage. ( i only stayed for zone wars and left after the dissapointment idk if it got better but heres what i observed)
First off there was supposed to be An actually staff vs players Wow that sure went well . *cough* players were playing for the staff =\* cough*
Then Unimaxed gave all the staff an unbelievable sum of money i think around 900 million? Which all the staff used to buy everything imaginable (they didnt hold back on gasgernades and proxmines)
bringing me to my next complaint. they had their base mined so badly that u culdnt walk 1 foot without stepping on a mine or gas gernade so u literally stood no chance
and the lagg. There was an unlimited ammt of people so it was lag central.
i knew atleast 20 people who left for all these reasons so dont tell me im full of crap

Chris
06-24-2005, 08:42 PM
It was kind of fun until you got to the Dark side's base and were owned in 2 seconds. Some random noobie account had like 800 million in money and he was laming everyone. He wasn't a staff member either.

Dante55555
06-24-2005, 08:45 PM
Worst Tournement ever if u ask me it was full of noobs, lamage en teamage. I mean wat was the point in signing up in the 1st place if everyone could join =/

Dante55555
06-24-2005, 08:48 PM
The lag was so bad my computer nearly broke the teams were highly unfair most wasnt staff and the staff got great advantages with there 'equptment'.. if i wanted to die constantly over and over then thats were id be going there was no breathing space wat so ever =/ i thought we was gonna be having 1 on 1 pro fights not 13 v 1 I mean GAWD!

juice188
06-24-2005, 08:52 PM
So true

StormYs
06-24-2005, 09:27 PM
that was the practise part x_x
after the practise the real tourney started :\

juice188
06-24-2005, 09:28 PM
oh and what changed then

juice188
06-24-2005, 09:29 PM
cuz when i was playing stefan was sending admin msgs out of the score so it culdnt of been practice

Crono
06-24-2005, 09:33 PM
that was the practise part x_x
after the practise the real tourney started :\

Yeah, once the tourny started the teams were fixed out. However I do not understand who the winner was. Us staff won around 4 times and the players only won once, however "STAFF WIN!" was never announced.

The tourny itself was quite unorganised. I did manage to take a screenshot. :D

From left to right:

Magical Tux, Stefan, Storm, Crono (me)

Admins
06-24-2005, 09:34 PM
It was quite fun :D
Making good rules is not easy though, the best would be if we make lists of who is playing in which team and such, we would need to make the tournament later in the day then though because many people couldn't be online at this time I guess.
We made it so that staff was playing for Dark Side (~10 people), and everyone else could join the Light Side, but maximum double the players of the Dark Side so it's not too unfair. We tried to protect our base with mines, which are not really expensive. The Light Side did the same.

xAndrewx
06-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Interesting!

juice188
06-24-2005, 09:35 PM
Ok the teams were fixed , that solves only 1 problem. staff still had unlimited money ,
Lag was unbearable
And the staff lamed with the gernades =\

juice188
06-24-2005, 09:38 PM
Stefan i say u redo the tourney, 10 players per team (The public votes who goes and who doesnt) that way its not only the best people.
But dont do it on zone wars (Weapons are too limited) Use Iricia, all the weps are there as long as u pick the class u want

Crono
06-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Ok the teams were fixed , that solves only 1 problem. staff still had unlimited money ,
Lag was unbearable
And the staff lamed with the gernades =\

only unixmad had a good amount of money which he gave to himself or so. :)

juice188
06-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Ok good.

Curt1zzle
06-24-2005, 11:26 PM
Yes, it was rediculously unfair. You couldn't move without being gassed like WWII Germany, and there were proximines every milimeter within 100yards of the Dark Side base. That was really, really cheap and unfair to give all that money to the Dark Side.

Extreme dissapointment, to say the least.

Admins
06-25-2005, 12:01 AM
The number of players was only a problem at the beginning because it was unbalanced and all players were at the same spot.
Buying mines isn't really expensive, try yourself. And you can quite easily destroy them right now.

Curt1zzle
06-25-2005, 12:03 AM
The number of players was only a problem at the beginning because it was unbalanced and all players were at the same spot.
Buying mines isn't really expensive, try yourself. And you can quite easily destroy them right now.

I know they aren't expensive, but there were HUNDREDS being set. For the average player, that adds up. Personally, im saving my money for a jetpack.

SayianOozaru
06-25-2005, 12:41 AM
ok, i've read all of this, and i don't find anything "unfair". So what the staff got alot of money, money doesn't mean that ur goin to win. The players had ALOT more skill than the staff, because of the fact that the only staff member that ever really plays is Gambet, and he rarely ever plays.... unfortanutly, i was still asleep while the tourney was goin on :( i thought it'd be like 2 or 3 o'clock befor the tourney was to be played, and i slept until 12:38 XD. But it ws mostly a "fair" game if you think about it:

1) Staff doesn't play alot= no skill(or not alot)
2) The Star Wars planet lags everyone (i think)
3) grenades LAG EVERYONE, except the person using them (i think)
4) everyone had around the same weapons, but light side doesn't have any good ones, and the only good ones that the Dark Side has is the beamer, but the saber is more powerful than that, and the beamer is slow and easy to dodge, the only thing that'd be a challenge would be the mechs...
5) skill > money
6) players coulda bought grenades 2, i've got 16k(saving for sniper if/when it comes out), so, i wouldn't have a problem with buyin them
7) if Staff was doing so good, when you killed them, you got alot of exp
8) players coulda mined there base 2
9) if you knew the mines were there, why didn't you try blowin them up?(when one blows up, any mines around it also blow up, so all the mines woulda blown)

i think it was pretty fair

Chris
06-25-2005, 01:26 AM
[...]and there were proximines every milimeter within 100yards of the Dark Side base. That was really, really cheap and unfair to give all that money to the Dark Side.

That was unixmad. haha

StormYs
06-25-2005, 01:58 AM
aye unixmad was the ultimate lamer^^ and btw those gas bombs are not that exspensive I had like 300+ on me, Mortars are exspensive!

juice188
06-25-2005, 02:05 AM
9) if you knew the mines were there, why didn't you try blowin them up?(when one blows up, any mines around it also blow up, so all the mines woulda blown)
r

Everytime u blew up 1 mine 3 more replaced it =\

Crono
06-25-2005, 02:56 AM
Guys I believe the overall problem the players are having was that unixmad was given A LOT of money.

Blackdragon
06-25-2005, 03:22 AM
I think we should redo it on the ice world but if staff gets money like 9 million and that they should give the same amount to the players so it fair and i think that if you chose a class then thats your class your stuck with you can't change your class. And we should have a written list of the 10 people vs 10 staff so its fair but they have to know there playing for people or staff most likely i'll be playing for people since thiss tourney will be alot better since the odds are fair and the people you chose have a choice of staff or players so

SayianOozaru
06-25-2005, 03:42 AM
yes, they should re-do it, but i think staff players should be given like 25k, because they aren't on that much, and they have no money, and this 25k would be for buying expensive items. this isn't that much money.

- 7,000 (jet pack)
- 3,000 (blue rifle)
_________

this would be for ammo, and grenades and such

the next tourney should be on iracia, but if players keep complainin' there might not be one.....maybe....(i'm pretty sure, staff don't wanna here everyone complain about every little thing)

VulcanP2P
06-25-2005, 05:29 AM
I was on the staff team with money I earned. I wasn't given anything and I was still able to hold my own against you guys. However Unixmad did go overboard with the mines and gas. xP

StormYs
06-25-2005, 02:23 PM
it was a fair game.. altough you guys had light side :rolleyes:
the money isn't realy a big deal if you guys came with like 8 man together and 2 using pipes to remove the mines and let the six other attack you guys would have a larger chance to win. But all I saw where 8 defending and 2 or something attacking.

P.S: a bluerifle cost 3500 :frown:

juice188
06-25-2005, 02:49 PM
I was on the staff team with money I earned. I wasn't given anything and I was still able to hold my own against you guys. However Unixmad did go overboard with the mines and gas. xP
..mines and gas where crazy! but stormy is right, LS should have worked more of a team to have fixed this problem :\

Crono
06-25-2005, 02:56 PM
paragraph with no periods, poor grammar, and such.

That made sense :rolleyes:

yes, they should re-do it, but i think staff players should be given like 25k, because they aren't on that much, and they have no money, and this 25k would be for buying expensive items. this isn't that much money.

- 7,000 (jet pack)
- 3,000 (blue rifle)
_________

this would be for ammo, and grenades and such

the next tourney should be on iracia, but if players keep complainin' there might not be one.....maybe....(i'm pretty sure, staff don't wanna here everyone complain about every little thing)

I don't agree here. For example Vulcan and I play a lot and we have enough money.

There should be four rounds of Zone Wars. Two rounds are played on one team, the other two on the other. If you tie, as in 2 wins 2 loses, you keep playing until one team wins.

Arctic should also be in there with the same as above. Four rounds, two on each team, tie = re-do until one wins.

The players should be clearly written out on the game's npcserver and the warpers should be account locked. There should be 5 substitutes for both Staff and Players incase someone is absent.

Same here. Hell I was on my VIP account, meaning I didn't even have my real items. Neither Unixmad or Stefan would let me have like 2 hours of gold or maybe change the server so that I could have my stuff. Stefan said it's not possible. :\

Spark910
06-25-2005, 03:01 PM
It wasn't as bad as it started off as, although next time so more specific organising of the game format would work pretty well.

juice188
06-25-2005, 03:07 PM
..or add more rules next time

BrAwLeR
06-25-2005, 08:18 PM
was pretty funny when the staff declared they were winning 1-0 when we beat them twice at the begining >_<

StormYs
06-25-2005, 09:21 PM
was pretty funny when the staff declared they were winning 1-0 when we beat them twice at the begining >_<

If you didn't know that was the training part where it was whole zone vs staff players.

BrAwLeR
06-26-2005, 07:41 PM
yea im sure it was....

Crono
06-26-2005, 07:44 PM
yea im sure it was....

30 vs 10 is not a serious game, smart one.