PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Clans and ladder system

Spark910
06-18-2005, 06:31 PM
I think it would be good if the following was made:
*Official Zone clans
*Web-based ladder system where people could challenge other clans and play matches
*A smaller set of maps for clan matches (Which could have clan matches for like 5v5 – 8v8)

Basically the idea would be that people would have a ladder with a list of clans, if you challenge and beat a clan that is higher than you then you receive more XP than beating someone below you. The ladder is sorted in terms of XP, so the clan with the most XP is that the top and the ones with the least XP at the bottom (it can also then be sorted by wins and losses and winning streak for clans with the same amount of XP).

How it would work:
There would be monthly ladders, so at the end of each month everyone gets placed into the new ladder, and so that late joiners/new clans have a chance else you’d end up with a clan who was always at the top just because they have more time to play, and were created first.

In addition we could have knock-out tournaments at certain times, to give clans titles such as “Handguns only champions” (with a knock-out tournament on a map where you can only use handguns for this tournament).

Why smaller maps?
If there were big maps it would go on forever, I think the same ideas can exist but a much more concentrated map so that players can find each other more easily.

Prizes?
Maybe also at some points tournaments with prizes can be created so that the winning team members get some sort of prizes.

Clan limits:
Due to the potential to do prizes, and the need to keep the ladder active, I think it would be better to limit the members that a clan can have, such as to 10 – 12. And then we would only have to provide 10 prizes for example, else there could be someone with 30 members in their clan.

Future adaptations of the system:
The system could also be used for other things such as some sort of global spar event too, so it has other uses I think.

Ideas/Comments?

Crono
06-18-2005, 06:42 PM
All sounds great.

I also had in mind the follow: A prize for winning a clan match would be to have your own map. All it would be is a copy of a map of your choice so your clan can practice. Currently Stefan gets pissed off when clans gather in arctic and goof around, so we need a place where we can practice tactics and such.

Spark910
06-18-2005, 11:20 PM
All sounds great.

I also had in mind the follow: A prize for winning a clan match would be to have your own map. All it would be is a copy of a map of your choice so your clan can practice. Currently Stefan gets pissed off when clans gather in arctic and goof around, so we need a place where we can practice tactics and such.
Yes, creating private games on the small maps used for clan matches would be a cool idea. Although the coutner argument is people will just play in those / be in those at some times and so those without clans will have little people to play with.

juice188
06-18-2005, 11:49 PM
dont like there will be so many dumb nubby clans all over zone after this is done, the old VIP creating guild is much better

Admins
06-19-2005, 12:51 AM
Yes it could use the existing global guilds things, but it would be very interesting to add clan/guild ladders and make it possible to use the existing maps or smaller new maps to make team matches instead of just playing for single player exp.

StormYs
06-19-2005, 01:05 AM
I suggested this also, guilds vs guild ^^

I like it:D