PDA

View Full Version : Zone wars map...

SayianOozaru
06-18-2005, 08:30 AM
ok, since the Dark side is alot more powerful than the light side, and the Dark side can use more weapons i've come up with some interesting ideas.

1) the Light side should be given the "force". this would do a little less damage than the "beam" does and it would stun the opponenet for maybe 1.35 sec. and would also move them back 8-10 feet.(maybe you could pick the enemy, or mech up and smash them against somethin, of course this would take up energy, maybe 1 every sec.)

2) they could have a r2d2 type thing going around fixing vechiles up(bikes, and mechs) and if it were to fix a mech, that Mech would only be able to be used by the Light side, and not the dark side....until it was destroyed again.(this "mech" would have 600 hp....and it should take like 30 sec. to fix a bike, and about 45 sec. to fix a mech)(graphic attached)

3) maybe the Dark side could have Droids going around killing the enemy. this would be there only objective. Or maybe it could be used like a Mech. But instead of crawling inside of the mech, you would just take control of the Droid......and you would have unlimited ammo, and only 175 hp. and the bullets (red lasers) would do 8-12 damage.(this would not be able to be used by the light side, so the r2d2 thing wouldn't be able to fix it)
(Graphic Attached)

Admins
06-18-2005, 12:33 PM
1) I think of adding a weapon/power for moving objects and players, but there could also be an additional wave-shoot which is freezing enemies and taking some hitpoints

2) Would be fun to have some automatic moving robots or so, in the future they could be improved so that you can give instructions where to move, what to attack, lay mines or so. The graphic should not resemble R2D2 though, should be more big and be unique.

3) The droids should shoot automatically and get instructions from players (right-click menu). The graphic looks nice :-) It should also have a shooting animation

juice188
06-20-2005, 02:57 AM
Sayain ur a crazy man (Crazy but genius) where did u come up with idea 2 and 3 i mean every1 has thought of idea 1 before but a robot that steals/fixes vehicles is awesome.

SayianOozaru
06-20-2005, 04:19 AM
yes, i guess i am crazy? XD i just thought of a way for Light side to get some advantages...Stefan made the animation(it shoots and walks) i wasn't sure what you meant by right-click menu though....for giving instructions.....

juice188
06-20-2005, 04:41 AM
u right click on the droid, then u give it commands "Der"

SayianOozaru
06-20-2005, 05:09 AM
O, XD well do you like the mech? (i was to crazy to under stand ;)

also made a tileset (sprite sheet) it's got walking fowards, backwards, and side ways.

there's also walking while shooting in all directions

i gotta go to drivein' school tomarrow....so i won't be able to reply tomarrow till about 4 o'clock my time.....ehhh i'm goin to hate this....7:30-3:30 that's like all day....

Evil_Trunks
06-20-2005, 07:11 AM
O, XD well do you like the mech? (i was to crazy to under stand ;)

also made a tileset (sprite sheet) it's got walking fowards, backwards, and side ways.

you would need more frames

people don't walk with their legs out then suddenly all the way in

SayianOozaru
06-20-2005, 07:14 AM
XD, i no, there fixed it ;)

Curt1zzle
06-20-2005, 07:47 AM
XD, i no, there fixed it ;)

I think it's excellent, very well done.

Not necesarily because of the shading, which could be worked on...especially in the back. But because of the creativity. Maybe a little shorter and smaller, though.

SayianOozaru
06-20-2005, 07:54 AM
? you say it's good, then you change your mind half way threw XD but here it is...

Curt1zzle
06-20-2005, 07:56 AM
No it's great, I just think it needs to be a tad shorter and the back side needs to be shaded better.

SayianOozaru
06-20-2005, 04:57 PM
k, i'll work on it once i get back....drivers ed.....whoo hoo :( my mom signed me up with out me even wanting to go XD but at least i'll be able to drive by myself after like 180 hours of driving with my parents :\

Admins
06-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Much luck with the driver license :)

Kaimetsu
06-20-2005, 05:32 PM
It strikes me that robots could make good use of Graal's new image rotation feature. A fairly simple script could control the joints according to a skeletal animation system, taking the images from a specified skin. Advantages:

1) Easier to create new graphics, since you only need to make a few limbs.
2) Much easier to extend the robots' functionality; if you want to make them do a new move, you just need to create a new animation template.
3) It lets you easily combine limbs from different skins or apply battle damage - you could have a robot's arm fall off without having to make any significant changes to the graphics.

If you store joint information for every different component then you can use the same basic animation templates to mobilise robots of various shapes and sizes. If you've ever played Armored Core then you'll know what I'm talking about.

This is all dependent on v4 becoming the standard client, of course. I'm not sure when that's expected to happen.

SayianOozaru
06-21-2005, 03:16 AM
well, thanks Stefan for the luck, i just got back and ran out to the football field(at school) but i hadn't drank anything since 7:00 am this morning(it's 5:12 pm now) and i just got REAL dihaidrated...i felt like passing out...but there is good news, i learned alot about driving, and i only have to drive 50 hrs. with my parents(10 have to be night hrs.) and since i'm 15 1/2 i get to take the test thursday instead of friday :) but man i feel real bad, like puking my guts out....i got a major headace and my body feels all numb....i can barely walk straight.....but i'll work on that shading, and Kaimetsu....did you not want me to do the sprite sheet? that took 7 hrsx_x

Admins
06-21-2005, 03:24 AM
It strikes me that robots could make good use of Graal's new image rotation feature. A fairly simple script could control the joints according to a skeletal animation system, taking the images from a specified skin.
I can imagine that image rotation could help for the animations of mechs, at least for the left/right directions. The smaller robots are looking better if drawn by hand I think because the pixels look better and you can add some perspective, and you need to draw up/down directions anyway.

SayianOozaru
06-21-2005, 03:40 AM
STEFAN NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( you reset Zone :( will i lose my exp? i had 58k and some .........also i've shaded that back part...lemme upload, did you want it like this? or did you want it all cut up?

o, want me to make some goggles? so like when you put them on, everything goes to like a green outline, but the mines show up red? and there's a black background?

and thanks about the vechile thing :) i told my dad i was making GFX for a game, and he got real excited, cause i've been wanting to draw for a living since i was like 8, so he's real proud, i don't live with him, but i'm goin to go visit him on July 27 i can't wait :) and he can't wait to see my GFX, so i'm real excited, he keeps tellin me i don't do to good in school but if i keep this up, i could go somewhere in life:)

Curt1zzle
06-21-2005, 07:24 AM
STEFAN NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( you reset Zone :( will i lose my exp? i had 58k and some .........also i've shaded that back part...lemme upload, did you want it like this? or did you want it all cut up?

o, want me to make some goggles? so like when you put them on, everything goes to like a green outline, but the mines show up red? and there's a black background?

and thanks about the vechile thing :) i told my dad i was making GFX for a game, and he got real excited, cause i've been wanting to draw for a living since i was like 8, so he's real proud, i don't live with him, but i'm goin to go visit him on July 27 i can't wait :) and he can't wait to see my GFX, so i'm real excited, he keeps tellin me i don't do to good in school but if i keep this up, i could go somewhere in life:)

I'm going to be honest - That made me feel warm inside.

Good luck bud, you make good graphics. Keep the practice up.

SayianOozaru
06-21-2005, 07:33 AM
thanks XD i will continue to make GFX, now i just need to come up with 19 dollars lol, i only got 84 days or so left for gold, and 34 of em' won't be spent, cause i'll be out in MD with my dad...but, i'll still make GFX as long as i get access to the forums, i've thought of drawing and then scanning a Zone comic....i've only come up with 2 drawings...i need someone who can write up a like "script" for it......or i need to take the time and write one:\

Kaimetsu
06-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Kaimetsu....did you not want me to do the sprite sheet? that took 7 hrsx_x

Dude, don't be so defensive. I'm just proposing an idea.

Admins
06-21-2005, 01:38 PM

There is no reset planned, yesterday evening I was only restarting not resetting. The restart was for adding new speed hack detection.

That would be interesting yes, will try to make it like that. Having new graphics for the googles would be good, otherwise I will probably edit zone_tj-cb.gif

KuJi
06-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Too bad it doesn't detect lagging =/

Also:

I would laugh if star wars sues graal :-P.

Imma go write a letter ;-)

Admins
06-22-2005, 07:59 PM
For a half minute you were moving more than double the normal speed (sending double number of packages) x-x

KuJi
06-22-2005, 09:04 PM
For a half minute you were moving more than double the normal speed (sending double number of packages) x-x

for a HALF A MINUTE..thats 30 seconds

I am pretty sure if you lag pretty bad that can happen and:

DL a big torrent and it will happen.

I don't even think I killed anyone in that 30 seconds?

I was lagging yesterday also.

And:

If I wanted to speedhack why would I do it for 30 seconds, I would do it for hours or something...definitely not 30 seconds or you wouldn't do it at all?

Kaimetsu
06-22-2005, 09:07 PM
for a HALF A MINUTE..thats 30 seconds

I am pretty sure if you lag pretty bad that can happen

How would lag contribute to you sending twice as many packets as normal?

KuJi
06-22-2005, 09:08 PM
How would lag contribute to you sending twice as many packets as normal?

I don't even know what sending twice as many packets as normal even means...

Kaimetsu
06-22-2005, 09:09 PM

You don't need to understand a trainer in order to use it.

protagonist
06-22-2005, 09:21 PM
You know how moving up or down or left or right sends info to the server? Well, if you double the number of movement packets sent, then you will move probably twice as fast as a result. Trainers accelerate your speed by increasing the amount of movement packets sent.

KuJi
06-22-2005, 09:28 PM
You don't need to understand a trainer in order to use it.

I understand trainers quitely well. I've made one before around 6 months ago. I understand sending packets..but sending twice as many?

Though now graal changes spaces and puts other symbols in front of the name (and a diff amount) everytime graal starts which is why their hasn't been any more trainers recently..or I think

Evil_Trunks
06-22-2005, 09:34 PM
You know how moving up or down or left or right sends info to the server? Well, if you double the number of movement packets sent, then you will move probably twice as fast as a result. Trainers accelerate your speed by increasing the amount of movement packets sent.

Incorrect. They increase the actual speed of the program (by messing with the timers to make it think it needs to do things faster, or something) which causes the entire program to run faster.

When the program runs faster it thinks it needs to send updates to the server more often. There is no movement packet, the client just tells the server where it is every-so-often.

Though now graal changes spaces and puts other symbols in front of the name (and a diff amount) everytime graal starts which is why their hasn't been any more trainers recently..or I think

That was added years ago. And you don't need a trainer specifically made for Graal to "speed hack."

protagonist
06-22-2005, 10:00 PM
There is no movement packet, the client just tells the server where it is every-so-often.

There isn't? A location packet then?

smurfmidgetninja
06-23-2005, 12:30 AM
Incorrect. They increase the actual speed of the program (by messing with the timers to make it think it needs to do things faster, or something) which causes the entire program to run faster.

When the program runs faster it thinks it needs to send updates to the server more often. There is no movement packet, the client just tells the server where it is every-so-often.

That was added years ago. And you don't need a trainer specifically made for Graal to "speed hack."

Yeah Half-Life framerate changer things work too :)..... What are you talking about? I never used one...shh... I only did it once...

SayianOozaru
06-23-2005, 01:55 AM
ALRIGHT, WHY R WE TALKING ABOUT THIS?! THIS AIN'T WHAT THE THREAD WAS MADE FOR!!!!! it was for my droid GFX

KuJi
06-23-2005, 03:13 AM
That was added years ago.

No it wasn't, It was made around 2 or 3 versions ago, somewhere between December and February.