PDA

View Full Version : Graal Supports the Innovator + Leaving Graal

Gman4pwnu
06-14-2005, 12:12 PM
Innovation is not the best game, maybe 10-15 years ago when companies were making games for arcade games, they would always innovate, but not today.

in order to get on the classic list your server must be original. I believe thats a whole load of ****, unless your name is Peter Molyneux your originality wont be very fun. I believe in order to sell correctly a game must have fun gameplay, which is replayable as much as possible, while maybe throwing in some twists, but in the end it all needs to build up on gameplay and fun factor.

The graal globals are biased, and occasionally corrupt. By graal globals you all know I mean houdiniman, the rest are alright, HoudiniMan is one of the reasons I am leaving graal, but the main one is that you expect us to be innovators in order to make it to the classic list. Id rather play a fun game than an innovative game.

This is the part where I announce my leaving this crappy community full of little whiny *****es and wannabe hackers. I figured i'd shove it in this thread and make things easier. I don't want anything to do with you corrupt ****s on the classic list, banning people for the stupidest reasons, maybe in some game maker engine. I'm going into game development, as a game programmer. Good Bye, I hope to see Madj again, warlordzen, and Stefan, as for the rest of you, I probably hate you. Have a nice one, enjoy not dealing with my **** anymore.

If anyone wants to work on atrius I will see if I can get in contact with madj to see what he's doing with it.

Ah Stefan, sorry man, you programmed a great game, but you've lost my yearly VIP renewals for 4 accounts and 100 a year for my server because in my opinion you do not run your game so well. Sorry man, been nice having conversations with you when your on tho, I had a lot of fun with your scripting language.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2005, 12:30 PM
in order to get on the classic list your server must be original. I believe thats a whole load of ****, unless your name is Peter Molyneux your originality wont be very fun

Please do not project your own limitations onto the rest of us.

Gman4pwnu
06-14-2005, 12:34 PM
Please do not project your own limitations onto the rest of us.

Please note you are one of those "pieces of ****" that I can't stand, I hate because you pretend to know everything. Don't compare yourself to Peter Molyneux either.

Crono
06-14-2005, 12:34 PM
as for the rest of you, I probably hate you.

Well **** you too :\. Could have atleast mentioned who you hated rather than saying you hate the rest of us.

Gman4pwnu
06-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Well **** you too :\. Could have atleast mentioned who you hated rather than saying you hate the rest of us.

Ok, sure. Kaimetsu, I hate you, Velox I hate you, if your Era staff, chances are I hate you, if you suck at scripting, but still try, I probably hate you too. Oh, I also hate Kuji. I hate HoudiniMan of course, who doesn't though? Hmm... lets see... oh I know, I hate most maloria staff. Thats all I can really think of right now. Oh, I know, I hate the lazy bastards who decided to stop logging on RC on atrius and producing material. Good Night, ill be back tomarrow.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2005, 12:40 PM
Please note you are one of those "pieces of ****" that I can't stand, I hate because you pretend to know everything

No, you hate me because I know more than you.

Don't compare yourself to Peter Molyneux either.

Why would I want to? He's not a particularly good designer.

if you suck at scripting, but still try, I probably hate you too

Don't you fall into that category?

Crono
06-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Ok, sure. Kaimetsu, I hate you, Velox I hate you, if your Era staff, chances are I hate you, if you suck at scripting, but still try, I probably hate you too. Oh, I also hate Kuji. I hate HoudiniMan of course, who doesn't though? Hmm... lets see... oh I know, I hate most maloria staff. Thats all I can really think of right now. Oh, I know, I hate the lazy bastards who decided to stop logging on RC on atrius and producing material. Good Night, ill be back tomarrow.

Much better. Rather than saying you hate everyone including me...-_-

Matt
06-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Why not just take out all that you just said, but leave:

"If anyone wants to work on atrius I will see if I can get in contact with madj to see what he's doing with it." After all this is a 'Staff Openings' section

This thread is quite pointless, take out your anger in PM's or somehting other please. x_x

Arnack
06-14-2005, 05:17 PM
If you ask me, he has points.
But it is not that bad to quit Graal :-)

Gman4pwnu
06-15-2005, 12:30 AM
No, you hate me because I know more than you.

Why would I want to? He's not a particularly good designer.

Don't you fall into that category?

Peter Molyneux is one of the best in the industry at the moment. You know some advanced math, thats it, and you pretend that makes you a genius. I've learned some math myself, just about everything but calc. It doesn't take calc to make an engine. It takes TRIG calls.

Velox Cruentus
06-15-2005, 12:48 AM
Velox I hate you

I am touched. But, I do believe that your hatred for me is misplaced. I did help you learn Gscript, and helped you start out. I merely became hated by you because Snakeandy had choosen me as a programmer rather then you. From then on, you endlessly tried provoking me, threatening to kill staff members and myself, threatened to shut down the server, and in fact, you hacked on several repetitions on different accounts there after. I'm sorry, Gman, but... I'm kind of glad you're leaving. It's ironic how your departure makes me happy... How you make me happy... Even though you hate me. I thank you GMan, and for that, I hope you have a good life.

Gman4pwnu
06-15-2005, 12:56 AM
Have a nice one, enjoy not dealing with my **** anymore.
:]

Andares
06-15-2005, 02:21 AM
o_O
Well, see ya gman. Thanks for the server. :)
And thanks for working hard on Atrius and making all those NPCs and teaching me some.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2005, 05:44 AM
Peter Molyneux is one of the best in the industry at the moment

It's not true just because you say it.

You know some advanced math, thats it, and you pretend that makes you a genius

When did I say that? You're just looking for any excuse to tell yourself that you're better than me. But dude, you're gonna have to cover more than just your lack of mathematical ability. You're a terrible scripter, and I'll prove it if you'll let me post AIM logs :)

It doesn't take calc to make an engine. It takes TRIG calls.

Hahaha. You're really proving how little you know here.

Gman4pwnu
06-15-2005, 07:47 AM
It's not true just because you say it.

Yes thats why he's won awards for his work...........

When did I say that? You're just looking for any excuse to tell yourself that you're better than me. But dude, you're gonna have to cover more than just your lack of mathematical ability. You're a terrible scripter, and I'll prove it if you'll let me post AIM logs :)

Yea, because people can't learn things or change over time.... the fact that all you can do is script and know some advanced math, seems to be covered in here by you making personal attacks on my scripting ability based on year old or two year old chat logs.

Hahaha. You're really proving how little you know here.

Another personal attack.

Velox Cruentus
06-15-2005, 08:00 AM
Another personal attack.
the fact that all you can do is script and know some advanced math

Kaimetsu can do more then simply scripting and advanced math. An example would be his keen logic and ability to write the English language. These two extra examples, alone, exceed a lot more then the average person can even seize to grasp the concept.

Secondly, Kaimetsu is not doing a 'personal attack' for two clear explainations: First off, this type of 'attack' isn't personal at all. Kaimetsu is known to debate in almost every thread possible, and thereby, it isn't a personal thing. The second explaination is that it isn't even an attack. It is merely an attempt to enlighten you from the misguided logic that you have. Either case, it isn't one.

Finally -- You are being a hypocrite in here as for you're accusing Kaimetsu of personally attacking you when you're, in fact, personally attacking him. You are representing him as an inferior being of what he actually is, and thus you are to an extent, insulting him.

Gman4pwnu
06-15-2005, 08:21 AM
oh? Its not a personal attack if he's bashing my abilities to do certain things, and my abilities alone?

Kaimetsu
06-15-2005, 08:38 AM
Yes thats why he's won awards for his work...........

He's won awards for daring to innovate, but his games haven't been particularly playable.

Yea, because people can't learn things or change over time....

Given that you've been the exact same person ever since you joined Graal, I doubt that you've metamorphosed into a competent, mature person in the space of a few months. Hell, this very thread disproves it.

the fact that all you can do is script and know some advanced math

That's all I can do? And how would you know? Which of my skills have you had opportunity to assess?

seems to be covered in here by you making personal attacks on my scripting ability based on year old or two year old chat logs

Actually, my more recent is about three months old. It's the one where I blocked you after you came running to me for help on a movement script.

Another personal attack.

If you make grossly inaccurate statements in an obnoxiously arrogant way then people are likely to call you on it. Besides, who are you to complain about personal attacks? You were the first to throw an insult.

Gman4pwnu
06-15-2005, 09:04 AM
He's won awards for daring to innovate, but his games haven't been particularly playable.

Given that you've been the exact same person ever since you joined Graal, I doubt that you've metamorphosed into a competent, mature person in the space of a few months. Hell, this very thread disproves it.

That's all I can do? And how would you know? Which of my skills have you had opportunity to assess?

Actually, my more recent is about three months old. It's the one where I blocked you after you came running to me for help on a movement script.

If you make grossly inaccurate statements in an obnoxiously arrogant way then people are likely to call you on it. Besides, who are you to complain about personal attacks? You were the first to throw an insult.

Saying that I do not like you is an insult, neither is giving a reason for why I don't like you. Im not going to reply to your posts any more, as i'd rather not have my post turned into a flame war.

Populous was extremely popular, people loved it, black and white was an amazing game... Dungeon Keeper was one of the best out there.... Yea, his games sure weren't playable, that explains why I played dungeon keeper for months when I was 10 years old, and why I still play black and white today.

Amagius
06-15-2005, 09:33 AM
Saying that I do not like you is an insult, neither is giving a reason for why I don't like you. Im not going to reply to your posts any more, as i'd rather not have my post turned into a flame war.

Populous was extremely popular, people loved it, black and white was an amazing game... Dungeon Keeper was one of the best out there.... Yea, his games sure weren't playable, that explains why I played dungeon keeper for months when I was 10 years old, and why I still play black and white today.

Dungeon Keeper: Repititious.
Black and White: Good for the eight hours it lasts.
Fable: Good for the twelve hours it lasts.
Populous: Now, I have to give it up for Populous. I love that with my heart.

Yeah, there are other Molyneux games, but I don't care enough.

Gman4pwnu
06-15-2005, 09:40 AM
I had a lot of fun with dungeon keeper :( The populous series was my fav tho as well. As for black and white, yea its a short game, but theres still online play :\ and slapping your creature around until it can't walk anymore....

Kaimetsu
06-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Saying that I do not like you is an insult, neither is giving a reason for why I don't like you

"you are one of those "pieces of ****" that I can't stand"

This is not an insult? By your logic, I most certainly haven't insulted you - I've just told you why I don't like you.

Populous was extremely popular, people loved it

Populous was over a decade ago.

black and white was an amazing game...

It was a novelty. There wasn't much gameplay underneath.

Dungeon Keeper was one of the best out there....

Obviously I disagree.

Yea, his games sure weren't playable, that explains why I played dungeon keeper for months when I was 10 years old, and why I still play black and white today.

Haha. They should put that on the back of the box. "GMAN PLAYED THIS GAME FOR LIKE MONTHS".

falco10291029
06-15-2005, 10:06 AM
kai, just leave him alone. Leave everyone alone. YOu know, you've called people immature. What's your definition of mature? You insult, attack, provoke, and argue with no good reason. You spread propaganda about those you dont like. You're just a plain *******. To me, that isn't being mature, hypocrite. Now dont expect anothe rpost, my VIP recently ran out, so it's one a day or whatever it's at right now for classic.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2005, 10:59 AM
kai, just leave him alone. Leave everyone alone

You don't seem to be practicing that particular credo, since you're not leaving me alone. If you don't think your advice is worth following then why should I?

YOu know, you've called people immature. What's your definition of mature? You insult, attack, provoke, and argue with no good reason

Where? I posted in this thread because GMan made fallacious criticisms of Graal, claiming that it made unrealistic demands of its users. If that's not justified then what is? Under your rules, when are we allowed to disagree with people?

You call me a hypocrite, but you're exhibiting precisely the traits that you attribute to me.

You spread propaganda about those you dont like

Are you still annoyed about that quote list? I don't think you can call it propaganda when it's a collection of direct quotes.

Gman4pwnu
06-15-2005, 11:17 AM
kai, just leave him alone. Leave everyone alone. YOu know, you've called people immature. What's your definition of mature? You insult, attack, provoke, and argue with no good reason. You spread propaganda about those you dont like. You're just a plain *******. To me, that isn't being mature, hypocrite. Now dont expect anothe rpost, my VIP recently ran out, so it's one a day or whatever it's at right now for classic.

Wow, this is the most intelligent, most meaningful post, you've ever, ever, made.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Wow, this is the most intelligent, most meaningful post, you've ever, ever, made.

Haha. I'm thinking you might not be the most impartial judge.

Gman4pwnu
06-15-2005, 01:36 PM
Haha. I'm thinking you might not be the most impartial judge.

I can't really tell if its a compliment or an insult, because im not quite sure how you interpreted my post.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2005, 01:44 PM
Or because you don't know what 'impartial' means, perhaps. There is no ambiguity here.

Andares
06-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Z.z Leave him alone!
Geez..

Thrashsoul3
06-15-2005, 06:22 PM
Kai is merely trying to defend himself. Gman should have left Kaimetsu alone in the first place.

Damix2
06-15-2005, 07:03 PM
I can't really tell if its a compliment or an insult, because im not quite sure how you interpreted my post.

Im not going to reply to your posts any more, as i'd rather not have my post turned into a flame war.

take your own advice

Velox Cruentus
06-15-2005, 07:49 PM
I find these threads quite amusing:

"Kai Sucks"
"No I don't"
"Yes you do!"
"Prove it!"
"Umm... I said so!"
"That's not credible"
"Stop insulting me you immature thing!"

Foggy
06-15-2005, 08:06 PM
How did u get the image on the post like that wat is the formal??

falco10291029
06-15-2005, 08:56 PM
bah im not going to reply to what kai said, that's just what hew wants, and i msure no one wishes to see me arguing with him again. Especially sinc ethis is fully opinion based and of no use to anyone (even though that's the arguing im good at)

Gman4pwnu
06-15-2005, 11:15 PM
Or because you don't know what 'impartial' means, perhaps. There is no ambiguity here.
impartial is biased.... I dictionary.com'd it before I replied......

RecycleBin
06-16-2005, 01:58 AM
Will you just leave Gman?

Minoc
06-16-2005, 10:40 PM
impartial is biased.... I dictionary.com'd it before I replied......
Actually, it's the exact opposite of biased.

I'll make it easier on you:

Opposite - Altogether different, as in nature, quality, or significance.

Antithetical - Being in diametrical opposition.

Significance - A meaning that is expressed.

A - Used before nouns and noun phrases that denote a single but unspecified person or thing.

Gman4pwnu
06-17-2005, 12:27 AM
im·par·tial Audio pronunciation of "impartial" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (m-pärshl)
adj.

Not partial or biased; unprejudiced.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=impartial

Curt1zzle
06-17-2005, 12:31 AM
im·par·tial Audio pronunciation of "impartial" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (m-pärshl)
adj.

Mhm..

Minoc
06-17-2005, 12:35 AM
adj.

Not partial or biased = Not(partial or biased).

Not partial or biased != (Not partial) or biased.

Drastic Vendetta
06-18-2005, 09:08 AM
adj.

You just made yourself look real bad.

Velox Cruentus
06-18-2005, 05:43 PM
Poor GMan -- Not only does he not know the words, but he can't use the dictionary! I can't help but have pity.

Nitkizi
06-18-2005, 06:56 PM
Hideo Kojima > all

Darlene159
06-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Ok, we have established that the thread creator is angry at Graal, and hates most people, and is saying goodbye...and also a nice lesson in what words mean from the all great dictionary.

closed