PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, a suspected hacker.

Raeiphon
06-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Lord Sephiroth had a seemingly endless supply of pipebombs and was running into us and throwing them at us. We couldnt dodge them and he'd keep on throwing them. He did this for around 20 minutes while running around being practically invunerable. Each time he threw 10-20 pipebombs.

Beside the fact he was constantly swearing, it lagged us so bad we couldnt fire if we werent killed by the explosions.

xAndrewx
06-07-2005, 02:24 PM
What hack do you think he used?
Frame rate?

Rick
06-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Err... pipebombs are cheap, not hard to get a ton of them. That is why they are heavily abused for lag spamming.

Googi
06-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Sounds more like lag.

Gambet
06-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Err... pipebombs are cheap, not hard to get a ton of them. That is why they are heavily abused for lag spamming.

Cheap? You can easily waste like 100k on pipe bombs without even noticing. I doubt someone would have enough pipe bombs to laste them 20 minutes long, when they're constantly throwing them.

maximus_asinus
06-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Gambet takes offense because he lames this way aswell.

Gambet
06-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Gambet takes offense because he lames this way aswell.

I only get on client when I'm testing or when I have the extra time to play. And, when I do play, I hardly use bombs, unless I'm being attacked by a massive group of players. So, please, keep your comments to yourself.

Kaimetsu
06-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Given that his name is 'Lord Sephiroth', I think it is safe to say that he is not a 'hacker'.

Gambet
06-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Given that his name is 'Lord Sephiroth', I think it is safe to say that he is not a 'hacker'.

Must you take everything so literally? When someone goes 100 times faster then regular speed, players call that person a "hacker". Of course, they are using a program to go that speed, so no, they are not hackers, but I'm sure by now everyone knows what they mean.

Kaimetsu
06-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Must you take everything so literally?

Do you even know what that means? This isn't a matter of figurative speech, it's a matter of conflicting definitions.

When someone goes 100 times faster then regular speed, players call that person a "hacker"

And in doing so they encourage the idiot.

Gambet
06-07-2005, 10:59 PM
Do you even know what that means? This isn't a matter of figurative speech, it's a matter of conflicting definitions.
And in doing so they encourage the idiot.

It's been like this ever since players started making trainers and will probably continue to be like this until graal dies. Those that use programs to enhance their character will be called hackers and they will be punished for hacking.

It's just how it is.

Kaimetsu
06-07-2005, 11:01 PM
It's been like this ever since players started making trainers

I know. That doesn't mean I shouldn't oppose it.

Gambet
06-07-2005, 11:07 PM

No, but you shouldn't go around every thread that someone is reporting a hacker and saying that they are not hacking. I'm sure the GP(s) of the server understand what the player is trying to say.

Kaimetsu
06-07-2005, 11:08 PM
you shouldn't go around every thread that someone is reporting a hacker and saying that they are not hacking

Why?

Gambet
06-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Why? Because anyone with half a brain knows what the person reporting this "hacker" actually meant. I mean, people using trainers have been called hackers for years now.

Kaimetsu
06-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Why? Because anyone with half a brain knows what the person reporting this "hacker" actually meant

So?

Gambet
06-07-2005, 11:34 PM
So you'll only be acting like a fool by doing so. Sure, the players misuse the word, but atleast they misuse it in a form that everyone can understand what they mean.

Kaimetsu
06-07-2005, 11:37 PM
So you'll only be acting like a fool by doing so

I think you're missing a few logical steps there, buddy. Go back and try again.

Gambet
06-07-2005, 11:43 PM
I think you're missing a few logical steps there, buddy. Go back and try again.

No, you're just trying to act like a smart ass by doing so. We KNOW that the term is being misused, we KNOW what the person means when they report such "hackers", and we don't need you to continue being a smart ass in every thread that talks about it. You said it once, now let it go. You can't change everything to be how you like it.

Kaimetsu
06-07-2005, 11:50 PM
No, you're just trying to act like a smart ass by doing so

I'm simply waiting for you to support your statements.

We KNOW that the term is being misused, we KNOW what the person means when they report such "hackers"

I never contested this, so I don't know what you're trying to achieve by incessantly parroting it.

we don't need you to continue being a smart ass in every thread that talks about it

And I don't "need" you to whine about it. So I guess you should stop?

Gambet
06-07-2005, 11:53 PM
I'm simply waiting for you to support your statements.

Support what statement?

And I don't "need" you to whine about it. So I guess you should stop?

You're like an annoying flea that never goes away.

Kaimetsu
06-08-2005, 12:13 AM
Support what statement?

That I shouldn't do what I do.

You're like an annoying flea that never goes away.

You're like a stupid self-important brat.

protagonist
06-08-2005, 12:46 AM
You're like a stupid self-important brat.

roflz u r 2 rofl

u tink ur sooo awesome on teh forumz. wel ur just a nebz hoo uzez pretty languwage 2 insult p33ple and trize 2 s33m all cule. ur a reject

Googi
06-08-2005, 12:53 AM
I remember back in the day when people used to actually use evidence against Kai instead of insulting him.

Kaimetsu
06-08-2005, 12:59 AM
roflz u r 2 rofl

u tink ur sooo awesome on teh forumz. wel ur just a nebz hoo uzez pretty languwage 2 insult p33ple and trize 2 s33m all cule. ur a reject

It'd be funnier if that kind of language didn't accurately reflect your intelligence level.

I remember back in the day when people used to actually use evidence against Kai instead of insulting him.

That's probably just nostalgia talking.

protagonist
06-08-2005, 02:44 AM
Why bother? He's not worth the time and effort it would take to actually search for some. I don't see why I should waste my valuable time reading more of his boring, repetitive posts. As it is, my current way of dealing with him is retribution for his constant, prettied-up adolescent tantrums which I have the misfortune of stumbling upon when they happen to coincide with what threads I'm currently monitoring.

It'd be funnier if that kind of language didn't accurately reflect your intelligence level.

cuz style ovr substants, rite?

rofl u lernt taht in deb8ng skewl? or did u err-own-ee-us-lee t33ch it 2 urself? u'v gotta b sum s0rt of losr, 2 r-gew abowt soooo many trewly mineute are-gew-mentz.

Googi
06-08-2005, 02:45 AM
Why bother? He's not worth the time and effort it would take to actually search for some.

Even when Kai decides to insult people, he at least takes the time to make an argument first.

protagonist
06-08-2005, 02:48 AM
Even when Kai decides to insult people, he at least takes the time to make an argument first.
So? That would be spending an extravagant amount of time on searching for something which anyone who has spent time on the forums would have already realized. Just because he or his chronies (though they would never admit to following anyone, so that they can follow the juvenescent example as closely as possible) can't see his flaws doesn't mean everyone else can't; in fact, his chronies usually do the same thing.

Googi
06-08-2005, 02:52 AM
So? That would be spending an extravagant amount of time on searching for something which anyone who has spent time on the forums would have already realized. Just because he or his chronies (though they would never admit following anyone, so that they can follow the juvenescence as closely as possible) can't see his flaws doesn't mean everyone else can't; in fact, his chronies usually do the same thing.

Yeah, yeah, you don't like Kai because he acts like he's better than everyone else. Unfortunately, you're trying to combat this by making it look like he's right.

protagonist
06-08-2005, 02:57 AM
Yeah, yeah, you don't like Kai because he acts like he's better than everyone else. Unfortunately, you're trying to combat this by making it look like he's right.
How exactly is that? Like I said in the other thread:

I know, but I don't really feel like entertaining/glorifying self-important people with nice posts. I've decided that the repeat purpotrators of negative postings toward users such as myself are really only using pretty language to cover up what is essentially childish drivel (kind of like "omg taek ur ad croc elsewere!!"). Rather than make them feel intelligent by responding to them as though they were, I've opted to respond in equivalent mentality rather than equivalent punctuation/grammar.

Plus, I now don't feel as morally obligated to not return unpleasantries, since I'm no longer a staff member.

I'm not going to exort any effort whatsoever to make my posts more intelligent (though it does take some effort to make them so unintelligent, on the surface anyway). The fact is, the substance is there; style it may lack, but it's not really any less solid than anything Kaimetsu says. It lacks proof (and by proof, I mean a list of links), but so what? If someone was really so interested as to want proof, they can get it themself. The world is not based around people saying something and then giving a list of links to provide proof.

Googi
06-08-2005, 03:00 AM
The fact is, the substance is there; style it may lack, but it's not really any less solid than anything Kaimetsu says.

Except for that you rarely actually address the point Kaimetsu is making.

SoSolid66
06-08-2005, 03:12 AM
So? That would be spending an extravagant amount of time on searching for something which anyone who has spent time on the forums would have already realized. Just because he or his chronies (though they would never admit to following anyone, so that they can follow the juvenescent example as closely as possible) can't see his flaws doesn't mean everyone else can't; in fact, his chronies usually do the same thing.

Well said

Kaimetsu
06-08-2005, 03:47 AM
Man, VT. You don't like me, so you run around harassing me on some forums that - barely a week ago - you said you were leaving. That's pathetic even before we examine why you hate me so much.

Lord Sephiroth
06-08-2005, 04:01 AM
I used 3k on Pipebombs and I only throw them when I get to Base 1. I don't use any weapons or bombs in the field, only on Base one. I have about 60 left.
Though I feel complimented, Im laming well enough to be considered "hacker".
Thanks.

protagonist
06-08-2005, 04:28 AM
Except for that you rarely actually address the point Kaimetsu is making.
What point is that? I'm tired of getting sucked into his games, and I'm tired of other people getting sucked into his games. Let him complain about it.

protagonist
06-08-2005, 04:31 AM
Man, VT. You don't like me, so you run around harassing me on some forums that - barely a week ago - you said you were leaving. That's pathetic even before we examine why you hate me so much.

sez u. most p33ple r sik of u bein so st00pid and pet-e on here. u uzu-ally go in evry thred and maek sum big r-gew-ment. tat's anoyin. we r sik of it. shut up alredee. u r un 20+ adolessent, itz time to growa up.

Luciano
06-08-2005, 05:38 AM
sez u. most p33ple r sik of u bein so st00pid and pet-e on here. u uzu-ally go in evry thred and maek sum big r-gew-ment. tat's anoyin. we r sik of it. shut up alredee. u r un 20+ adolessent, itz time to growa up.
Is this some new symptom of Hepatitis VT I have not been informed of?

protagonist
06-08-2005, 05:51 AM
Is this some new symptom of Hepatitis VT I have not been informed of?
No, it's more that now that I'm not staff anymore, I don't have to be nice to Kaimetsu. Or anyone, really. But I have reasons to dislike Kaimetsu.

Googi
06-08-2005, 06:09 AM
What point is that? I'm tired of getting sucked into his games, and I'm tired of other people getting sucked into his games. Let him complain about it.

So what are you saying? You don't like that there's arguing on the forums? Or you just don't like when Kaimetsu is involved?

Lord Sephiroth
06-08-2005, 06:09 AM
VT Keep double posting and i'll "Pipe-Hack" you. <3 :)

protagonist
06-08-2005, 06:19 AM
So what are you saying? You don't like that there's arguing on the forums? Or you just don't like when Kaimetsu is involved?
Kaimetsu is constantly involved. That's what is annoying.

Googi
06-08-2005, 06:25 AM

And you're solving this problem by arguing with him? That won't change anything. The only way you can stop Kaimetsu from arguing would be either get a rule made against arguing (Though that would stop everyone as well as Kaimetsu, and you didn't say that you opposed all arguing), or to get the entire forum to boycott his arguments. Neither one of those is really likely to happen.

Lord Sephiroth
06-08-2005, 07:10 AM

Thats pretty much the exact same way I feel about Gambet, but you don't see me ripping his head off EVERYWHERE. Sure I do it occaisionally, but only when I have a valid opinion.

Splke
06-08-2005, 08:14 AM
We KNOW that the term is being misused, we KNOW what the person means when they report such "hackers",

If you know, why do you keep using it incorrectly?

Raeiphon
06-08-2005, 10:19 AM
Still, there should be some delay in pipe bombing, its really unfair for the newer players.

Inspiration
06-08-2005, 10:20 AM

Do you really think your opposition to it has a chance of having even a minor impact in this situation, though?

Kaimetsu
06-08-2005, 10:48 AM
Do you really think your opposition to it has a chance of having even a minor impact in this situation, though?

Well, enough chance to justify what little effort is required.

Dreth
06-09-2005, 03:47 AM
Ok people, it's about time we grew up and got back on topic... :spam:
Tonight, while playing zone, a person with the account Habomake was moving reeeeeeel fast.
Now, after reading the thread, I won't call him a hacker, but unless he's staff and is misusing boots(do they have those on Zone?), he's using some sort of program or another to speed up.
And you can't get a screenshot of that, cause it'll only show him in one spot, and I don't think you can take 5 second video shots of Graal.
EDIT: Yep, he's definitely using something to speed up. Y'know whats funny?
He's too pathetic to play fair.
Which is odd, cause I'd figure, having a purple saber, he's be good enough not to need to.
Whats really funny is that people on the light side probably won't complain about Habomake...
People are funny.
EDITAGAIN: Well, he's still on, and when he was on my team, and I told him to stop, he said, and I quote: "it helps u win" unquote. What kind of a (please don't ban me or anything, but he is) RETARD IS HE???? Yeh, it helps win, but where's the fun?
LASTEDIT: Thanks Gambet, he was getting annoying to have to be killed by.

abara
06-09-2005, 04:57 AM
Isn't there like any program on graal that can detect hacking and alert any RC's on the server so the staff can take imediate action.

xAndrewx
06-09-2005, 08:52 AM
Isn't there like any program on graal that can detect hacking and alert any RC's on the server so the staff can take imediate action.
You mean a script, and yes.

Dreth
06-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Ok, Andrew(i dont know how else to refer to him, i hope andrew is ok) says there is one, but isnt the point of hacking transending(or whatever) all of the rules? ignoring them, breaking them, saying that you ignore the rules of everything to make it go how you want?
How would something detect that? Can you make a script search for an anomoly?

Blackdragon
06-12-2005, 04:40 PM
ok there is ntoher hacker this guy doesn't care what other people see hes like moving like 2 commandos but hes a sapper class his account DaRKIcE hes speed hacking ask anyone there hes moving around with a shotgun with out even reloading it, Its madness please do something about him i'm going to tell other servers about him to watch him ok so please do soemthing about him please and ty you

xAndrewx
06-12-2005, 05:01 PM
A script can do what ever you program it to do.
Tell Gambet Blackdragon.

Dreth
06-12-2005, 08:41 PM
ok there is ntoher hacker this guy doesn't care what other people see hes like moving like 2 commandos but hes a sapper class his account DaRKIcE hes speed hacking ask anyone there hes moving around with a shotgun with out even reloading it, Its madness please do something about him i'm going to tell other servers about him to watch him ok so please do soemthing about him please and ty you

Ok, lemme see if i understand what you meant, but not typed.
You found another "hacker"*, his account DaRKIcE. He's moving at the speed of 2 commandos combined, but he's a sapper. Ask anyone, they'll say he was shooting around a shotgun without having to reload. It's crazy, warn other servers. Ban him. Thank you.**

*" Marks because he "might be using a program, not really hacking" :rolleyes:
** Ty is thank you. You said, in effect, thank you you.
Andy, really? But does it find, like, player speed or something, and notify an rc or somethin? Or how ,many blocks in how many seconds? Or what?

juice188
06-12-2005, 10:55 PM
the not loading of shotgun isnt really a hack, i myself sometimes cross this. like when i enter the sweep building i notice i suddenly dont have to reload (i think its just all lag)

Brad
06-12-2005, 11:54 PM
hack 05'

Crono
06-13-2005, 01:24 AM
Theres a serveroption that detects speed hacks but um, I'm pretty sure stefan would use it on Zone and im pretty sure he already does and hell im pretty sure it aint detecting these "hacks" :/

someonesomewhere
06-13-2005, 09:26 PM
the not loading of shotgun isnt really a hack, i myself sometimes cross this. like when i enter the sweep building i notice i suddenly dont have to reload (i think its just all lag)
Happens to me too, except it gives me 12 extra ammo, and for those 12 shots I don't need to reload (Ex: 500 normal ammo-512 ammo,
1st reload = 498 ammo)

Brad
06-13-2005, 11:57 PM
Theres a serveroption that detects speed hacks but um, I'm pretty sure stefan would use it on Zone and im pretty sure he already does and hell im pretty sure it aint detecting these "hacks" :/

hack 05'

hack 05'--graal never saw it coming

Googi
06-14-2005, 06:07 AM
hack 05'--graal never saw it coming

Who's still making this stuff?

Brad
06-14-2005, 06:12 AM
Who's still making this stuff?

hell if i know im just being dumb