PDA

View Full Version : Classic Needs Reform

Pages : [1] 2

p2p_Sir_Link
06-03-2005, 02:45 PM
This thread is not intended for bashing or the like. Please only contribute if you have something to say of the situation, not other players.

As most of you have seen from the threads that have been posted, classic is going horribly. Contributing to the problem is the fact that a certain guild holds much power, especially when it comes to hiring. The administrators of every division are in Ventrue. That causes has you can imagine, much trouble. Ventrue holds too much influence in the fate and course of action in classic. Whats even worse, is that there are players who play graal that could do their job's better than the people who have them currently can. The GC Admin (Like ETs) Does not level, and appaerntly he doesn't script either. He has GC LATs to do his job for him. On every other server I worked for, the Events Admin is in charge of making new events and the such. The LAT Admin is never on, and seems to only be hiring Ventrue staff members, with the exception of Exodus. The GP Administration is not corrupt in it's hirings, and I do believe it is run quite professionally, less the unfair banning of the account maximus_asinus. The FAQs are still staff, although I hardly ever see a FAQ on, and when they are, they're off tag, or idling on tag.

Back to why the content of classic is starting to decline though. It's because the power this guild has allows them to upload crappy levels with terrible scripting over and over again. If I was the LAT Administrator, I would fire any LAT who tried to turn these levels in. Ventrue refutes claims of having too much stuff, using these lies, that 1.)No guild is big enough to compete, and 2.)no guild is trying to get their stuff uploaded. What they say for 1 is totally unrelated to the fact that they are fundamentally changing classic, and ruining worse that it was the day the NPC-Server was released. 2 is also faux, because guilds are being denied having levels because they're of "poor quality" view attachment 1, and tell me if a level can get poorer than that. They also say no guilds are trying to get stuff uploaded. US was told by the LAT teams that we would only receive a tiny guildhouse on the overworld, or we could put our big old island in the warptex. Ventrue was never told they needed to upload their crap to a warptex, they were free to do so wherever they felt they could add their propaganda to the overworld US Island was apart of classic, while these catacombs never were. Yet we're being shifted aside for these new ventrue levels that are pretty bad.

View attachment 2, it shows another entrance to the catacombs. There are more around classic, but I don't feel like pissing myself off by going through any more of the Ventrue levels. So what do you think guys, does classic need reform?

Malinko
06-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Hm. Something hard to prove since we can't get into the person's mind x-x.

Though, I'll tell you what some of the replies you'll probably get.

1) Players can join any guild they please.
2) You can't prove if the administration is just hiring players in the guild since you don't know the quality of their work. Judging ones' work is a matter of personal opinion.
3) What do you propose as a solution?

p2p_Sir_Link
06-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Hm. Something hard to prove since we can't get into the person's mind x-x.

Though, I'll tell you what some of the replies you'll probably get.

1) Players can join any guild they please.
2) You can't prove if the administration is just hiring players in the guild since you don't know the quality of their work. Judging ones' work is a matter of personal opinion.
3) What do you propose as a solution?

1.) On classic, guilds are considered leet and thus are password set, and you have to have a respectable reputation to get an invitation from US, Baddies, Ventrue, etc.
2.) While I don't know the quality of the work being submitted, I just hope to dear god that someone who DID apply sent in something better than whats being uploaded now.
3.) My solution is to replace the GC and LAT administrators. They currently hold too much power and are influencing and bending classic's growth. Content is being added in the wrong direction. Rather than LATs working on some content everyone can enjoy, it's being focused on what Ventrue players can enjoy.

And also, I forgot to mention That I do NOT blame this on Master Storm. I'm sure he didn't want so many entrances to the same level.

protagonist
06-03-2005, 03:36 PM
The only thing that can fix Classic for me is to bring back hearts and throw heras the hell away. It's too frustrating to do all that work and then not play for awhile and forget which heras you did.

p2p_Sir_Link
06-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Heras left along with every other script players had come to love when the NPC-Server was introduced...

StrykerTFFD
06-03-2005, 03:51 PM
The administrators of every division are in Ventrue. That causes has you can imagine, much trouble.

For the last time, I'm not Ventrue! !pissed!

As for everything else, gather up some proof that other guilds are being denied the chances Ventrue are being given and then we can talk. Otherwise, you just typed a big wall of text with no meaning. :\

But I will agree. I never knew about the Ventrue guild houses till I had the unlucky chance of walking behind the Angel Clan area. I must say I was shocked for a second, stunned for 5 seconds after that, then scared to tears at such crappy levels. Antago could do better levels than those. *remembers when Antago remade level13.graal* :rolleyes:

p2p_Sir_Link
06-03-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm of course refering to the attempt of a US guildhouse to be uploaded.
my apologies. While you do/did have a ventrue tag, you hardly ever wear it. Also, Strkyer, I said you run the GP Administration very professionally, unlike the crappy GC Administration. The GC Team needs new admins who can actually develop events, or be abolished.

StrykerTFFD
06-03-2005, 04:07 PM
I honestly believe the problem is the lack of wanting to do things on Classic. Sure, Storm wants to do a lot for Classic, but wanting to do and doing are two different things.

A great idea is nothing without a great execution. :cool:

Polo
06-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Guild houses should not really be in the warptex. Its much better wor the server when they are on the overworld, and then you can make them capturable (Like the forts we used to have on Classic).

Heras are removed, and wont be readded. One of the major feedbacks I got was that players generally didn't like them. :(.

Ventrue is a lot of levels, but its not really taking up much overworld space. By contrast, the brotherhood guild fort (which is not player accessible) takes up 4 levels on the overworld in total, and so looks much mor prominent. This is probably what was meant when US were told it could not be too big.

The only LAT's from Ventrue I can immediately think of are Stev and Racil, and Racil was hired by me x-x.

Im always open to feedback/suggestions, but theres some things which are not really feasible or against player interest. When I refuse those things players just ask again and again and then say I dont listen to ideas x-x.

p2p_Sir_Link
06-03-2005, 06:58 PM
The entire Ventrue guild caves are against player intrests, and should be removed until they look halfway decent.

jacob_bald6225
06-03-2005, 07:08 PM
:-( I am not happy with Classic at all. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a -3.

If I were new to graal, and hadn't played before, and wanted to try out the servers... Classic would be horrible to me.

I say that Storm should pick a path to take Classic down, some will like it, some wont, and just stick with it, giving us actual updates to the server.

Unpredlctable
06-03-2005, 07:25 PM
The newest entrance to the Catacombs and such - as far as I know - is by Bean's fairly oversized playerhouse (of the inside totals up to a hallway and a small room), which connects to the graveyard as well.

The only LAT's from Ventrue I can immediately think of are Stev and Racil, and Racil was hired by me x-x.
There's Selflon of course.

maximus_asinus
06-04-2005, 12:13 AM
I'll try and put my two cents in, and I'll try and keep out any flame based comments.

First off, I'd like to appoligize to Master Storm, I placed a large part of the blame on him, and I guess it was easier that way, he is the one in charge. I'm not saying that everything that's gone wrong isn't his fault, hardly. He doesn't do as much work as I'd expect from a Manager of a rereleased server, basically from scratch, but he's hardly to blame for some of the other things that has happened.

Now I'll get back on topic and take points from all these posts and try to fit it into one post.
First Post
Couldn't have said it better myself. US island was a part of Classic, and having it put inside the warptex would be stupid. In the long run, barring Classic does actually go downhill to the point nobody plays, that thing will be too large, and too complicated. Any guildhouse should be apart of the overworld. You'll ask, "Max, then why are you so upset about Ventrue's places? It isn't even really apart of the overworld, its 'below it'.". To that I say, its too large. Plain and simple. I think it is as large as the overworld, if not larger. The quality for these levels is poor, you'd expect more from something that been in the works for three years.

I also dislike how when we (US), asked about a guild house we were told the only way we were allowed is if it was put inside the warptex. Either that or we could place it inside a house. We weren't offered an option to place it 'beneath' the overworld (please don't say it was promised to be there, Tyhm has already posted and said he did no such thing). It was a take it or leave it option.

I think a guildhouse should be limited to a maximum of ten high quality levels, Not every member needs to have there own room, and if they wish to contribute, they can help design a level. You may say this is a rather small number, but I think you can get your point accross with ten levels.
Players can join any guild they please.
Ultimately it is the recruiter's decision to let in another player. As Kevin has stated, Classic guilds are harder to gain membership to as they have higher standards. I can't speak for all the guilds, but most recruit based on status. You won't see any 'newbies' running around on a afore mentioned tag.
What do you propose as a solution?
I wouldn't resort to immediately firing the Administration. I'd sort through and weed out the inactives, give them a chance to return, and then fire them. As for the server itself, unlike Storm, I believe in schedules, and assigned work would be expected back within a time period (reasonable, allowing for a couple days for delays).

The LAT team would be seperated into teams, I'm not sure on how many, but there'd be one for rebuilding hangouts, and making places/things that a player could use/do when there wasn't a GC on. The other would rebuild and remake old quests.

Storm wouldn't be demoted or fired, but there would be another person that could also dictate whats happening.
As for everything else, gather up some proof that other guilds are being denied the chances Ventrue are being given and then we can talk.
I haven't been able to play Classic too much do to a ban, but I can remember CO trying to get online (I think they were uploaded a week ago or so, but they were waiting for a long while to get uploaded). Then there is NOM. You may say they weren't ready because they weren't capable of being placed online, but neither was everything that Ventrue did. They were able to test things. Fix things. NOM was never given that chance. I could probably think of a few other guilds.

This is my first post, and I promise the rest will be shorter. I just missed this, and had to sum up all my replies.

Evil_Trunks
06-04-2005, 02:49 AM
if you want to make US island compatible for the new classic just put this at the top of every single script

//#CLIENTSIDE

you're done. it worked for ventrue.

notoalpena
06-04-2005, 04:20 AM
Guild houses should not really be in the warptex. Its much better wor the server when they are on the overworld, and then you can make them capturable (Like the forts we used to have on Classic).

well atleast shorten their entrances to the guildhouse :/
it had like 5 entrances just to get to one place,1 or 2 would be good.
Also Exodus remade the guild "Macabre" and had a guildhouse uploaded for it
he then deleted it and instead sent in a new+better one for the guild "Overkill"
he sent that about a month ago and its still not uploaded,even tho he deleted the guild Overkill he could just use it as VS guildhouse,ventrue is constantly having levels uploaded when other guildhouses never get a chance to be uploaded,CO's was promised to be behind angel clan but is now in a cave to the right of zols pub :/ ventrue is basiclly classic. :whatever:

Polo
06-04-2005, 04:42 AM
CO's was promised to be behind angel clan but is now in a cave to the right of zols pub :/

Ventrue had asked me about having under AC like ayear ago. :\

URBANLEGEND
06-04-2005, 04:48 AM
I couldn't agree more with all of this. Classic is basicly ventrue. There is no doubt about that, but the thing is, back in 2001 and 2002 which guild ruled over classic? US! And now its us US guys *****ing about ventrue runing classic, but this is the same thing there were doing back in 2001-2002. It's all a matter of which guild gets more popular. As for the "Ventrue Hiring Ventrue" thing, 100% true. In a GC hiring, They will hire 3 ventrue and 1 non-ventrue. That 1 non-ventrue doesnt last gc for 3 months tops, eaither fired or quits from the herassment. The GC administration is nighty, who is a cool guy, but is influenced by the peer-pressure of the guild, and the asst. admin Sting, who LEADS Ventrue now a days, and is a complete prick to anyone not in ventrue. FAQ is very fair in their hirings, yes most of the team is ventrue, but its because they know their **** about classic. LAT is all but maybe 1 ventrue..and if im right PKT was fired, i think.. Or atleast his LAT tag stopped working. The whole over-world is ventrue controled, atleast with US we had 1 entrance house and a whole island off the main one, Which is the current one because our great manager Master Storm is afraid of expanding. Sure before the NPCs server was released there was a few unused islands like Nimda and Floydia, but those could of been easily removed. What is going to happen when V.4 is released and we get quests? Are we gonna have to own the ventrue vampires and get a heart, or are we gonna keep the classic style and make us travle all over to win? The way classic is going, we maybe as well rename it "The Catacombs" and make the whole server dark at all times.

StrykerTFFD
06-04-2005, 05:49 AM
I couldn't agree more with all of this. Classic is basicly ventrue. There is no doubt about that, but the thing is, back in 2001 and 2002 which guild ruled over classic? US! And now its us US guys *****ing about ventrue runing classic, but this is the same thing there were doing back in 2001-2002. It's all a matter of which guild gets more popular. As for the "Ventrue Hiring Ventrue" thing, 100% true. In a GC hiring, They will hire 3 ventrue and 1 non-ventrue. That 1 non-ventrue doesnt last gc for 3 months tops, eaither fired or quits from the herassment. The GC administration is nighty, who is a cool guy, but is influenced by the peer-pressure of the guild, and the asst. admin Sting, who LEADS Ventrue now a days, and is a complete prick to anyone not in ventrue. FAQ is very fair in their hirings, yes most of the team is ventrue, but its because they know their **** about classic. LAT is all but maybe 1 ventrue..and if im right PKT was fired, i think.. Or atleast his LAT tag stopped working. The whole over-world is ventrue controled, atleast with US we had 1 entrance house and a whole island off the main one, Which is the current one because our great manager Master Storm is afraid of expanding. Sure before the NPCs server was released there was a few unused islands like Nimda and Floydia, but those could of been easily removed. What is going to happen when V.4 is released and we get quests? Are we gonna have to own the ventrue vampires and get a heart, or are we gonna keep the classic style and make us travle all over to win? The way classic is going, we maybe as well rename it "The Catacombs" and make the whole server dark at all times.

Wall....of....text...hurting...eyes....
The goggles! They do nothing!

As for the little bit I bolded, I thought Obby was Asst Administrator of GC now?

nikomi946
06-04-2005, 06:56 AM
Classic Needs Reform

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread is not intended for bashing or the like. Please only contribute if you have something to say of the situation, not other players.

Same story, differant post. Get off it already. Its obvious that no amount of explanation or logic will convince anyone of anything. Take a look at total p2p playercount. What percentage happen to be Ventrue? You will obviously have more staff from that guild only because of the numbers involved. Classic is no longer a server of 200 people so it won't be as diverse as it once was. You all need to learn that many of us are quite capable of seperating guildlife from stafflife. This post was supposed to be about improving classic. Its obvious right now that morale is low on classic but if as much energy was spent encouraging constructive improvement as I see spent on destructive criticism graal just might be a better place. -Bell

Stev579
06-04-2005, 01:35 PM
I could have sworn that Moonie said something along the lines of "Don't make another thread like this."

Alright, where to begin?

Kevin, that first screenshot you posted looks awful because you are using an outdated tileset. The roof is correctly tiled with an accurate tileset, and the level itself looks exactly like Angel Clan but with different tiles. What's the big deal? If you call that crappy, then surely AC is crappy too? >_<

The second screenshot you posted is an update level of Voluran's Mausoleum. It has been updated with that crappy lava and should have never been uploaded in such a state. I will consider changing that soon.

You instantly contradict yourself by claiming that this will be a "No bashing" thread, yet you lace into bashing Ventrue almost immediately.

Okay, as for the CO guildhouse under AC and these multiple entrances to the Catacombs, all were approved by Com013! Please, please, please understand this! These levels were approved to be uploaded BEFORE the NPC Server! STOP MENTIONING TYHM. This point nulls most of your petty little views.

The only player interests that the Catacombs offend are those players who are angry that they don't have a similar size guild house online. That's the way I see things.

EDIT: NOM's guild house isn't uploaded because I've heard that the scripting is terrible. Also, the clan is quite obviously dead. With nobody around to fix it, and nobody around to use it, I doubt that it will ever be uploaded.

If you want to talk about removing levels until they look half decent, I would suggest that you remove URBANLEGEND's and drew's house from the warptex, as they are terrible. You call our levels poor, yet US island was considered an eyesore by all, however the population had to live with it. 3 words - Get over it.

Carrying on with my mention of URBANLEGEND, Ventrue has always been the most dominant clan on Classic. We have a lot of mature, active members, which is reflected in staff hirings. Put 2 and 2 together. :rolleyes:

The current LAT team is as follows, according to the NPC server:

(LAT),Reflux,racil,GrowlZ1010,trifle,playared,Dani el,Moonite,jake13jake,Stev579

All but one Ventrue eh? :rolleyes: I count 3.

I would be more than happy to upload other levels if I was given respective rights, however this isn't the case. :)

Sorry for the EYEHURTINGMASSIVEWALLOFTEXT, but these things had to be said.

StrykerTFFD
06-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Carrying on with my mention of URBANLEGEND, Ventrue has always been the most dominant clan on Classic.

Oh so very ....very false.
But carry on. :cool:

maximus_asinus
06-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Kevin, that first screenshot you posted looks awful because you are using an outdated tileset.
Post the level with the correct tileset. It's horrible. I could definately find worse levels, I'll actually go and take a couple after I finish this post. Again I say, you would expect more from something that's been in the works for three years.
Okay, as for the CO guildhouse under AC and these multiple entrances to the Catacombs, all were approved by Com013!
New Management. It doesn't matter if they were promised by Com013.
STOP MENTIONING TYHM.
Originally you people claimed that Tyhm approved them. I think it actually came up in the previous thread. Now the story has changed.

Ventrue has always been the most dominant clan on Classic.
Completely false.
We have a lot of mature, active members, which is reflected in staff hirings.
As we've seen from previous posts, you aren't the most mature person. You're LAT. Put 2 and 2 together.

The current LAT team is as follows, according to the NPC server:

(LAT),Reflux,racil,GrowlZ1010,trifle,playared,Dani el,Moonite,jake13jake,Stev579

Reflux, Stev, Racil. I'm not sure about Massokre. Daniel and Moonite aren't active, so basically the active team is Ventrue.

nikomi946
06-04-2005, 06:34 PM
Volurans mausoleum level should actually not even be included in a discussion of Ventrue levels, other than the fact that with his permission we were given overworld access to the catacombs through them. Voluran is Brotherhood and takes offense at being thought of as Ventrue. All changes to his levels have been either done by him or under his direction, therefore any further changes will also require his permission or approval.

The original reference to Tyhm was my mistake, it was before my time with the catacombs and I was misinformed. I do however remember Com13's permission and recieved permission from Storm directly. So new administration is also irrelevent.

Lastly, I've heard nothing but complaints about how small Classic has become and how it took 5 minutes to cover the whole world. With the addition of the tunnels and the warptex it expanded the levels available to wander immensely. Ventrue did not take LAT time away that could be used for working on restoring Classic levels or adding more content so Storm and company were free to continue progress on Classic.

Another thought to ponder, if Ventrue is the all powerful influence that all of you claim then why hasn't our influence been able to speed progress in restoring quests? We as much as anyone wish to see Classic restored to its former glory, we want to see the return of higher playercounts, guildwars, quests. All the same things you wish to see but its all in the hands of the scripting gods. When baddies work with gs2 then I'd imagine quests will come together quickly.

Reflux
06-04-2005, 06:38 PM
1. The staff that were hired for LAT haven't all be from Ventrue at all. Several others who are not on the LAT and weren't in Ventrue were offered places and either declined them, or did not reply to the e-mail confirming that they wanted a place.

2. All guildhouses were being accepted, and all of them are going to be attached to the overworld as opposed to the warptex, that's the way it was, and the way it still is... None other than PKT and Exodus have bothered to send me guild houses and theirs have gone up...

3. Daniel is active by the way maximus and I fail to see how it is a fault of anyones that others have gone inactive?

4. PKT was not fired, he is still active and still making graphics, seems Urban your very uninformed.

5. As for guilds like Overkill not having their guildhouses put up: It was made quite clear to everyone that guildhouse would be accepted from classic guilds that had a plaerbase on the server, guidls like US, SNC, Ventrue, CO, and anyother guild that is a classic guild and going to maintain playerbase on the server. Overkill, does not have a playerbase on the server.

6. It's all very well setting deadlines max, but people tend not to adhere to them, and then what do you do? Fire them? There aren't enough LATs anyway as it is, there aren't enough good applications coming in. So why should we reduce what work we are getting done just because it's not all happening in an instant.

maximus_asinus
06-04-2005, 06:47 PM
You all need to learn that many of us are quite capable of seperating guildlife from stafflife.
Bell is clearly a hypocrite, because while she was ON TAG she swore at a certain Kevin Azite for voicing a complaint about the Ventrue levels. It's even more ironic, because 30 seconds earlier she had JUST WARNED Luda (notoalpena).

On another occasion, she massed, telling me basically to shut up. I don't think that is how you're supposed to handle any situation.

Toall from Bell to Kevin:

Reflux
06-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Only problem with that screenshot is that it could be from anybody named Bell, not the staff member in question.

EDIT: And what does that have to do with the rest of the thread?!

maximus_asinus
06-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Only problem with that screenshot is that it could be from anybody named Bell, not the staff member in question.

EDIT: And what does that have to do with the rest of the thread?!
Several witnesses to the occurance. And it has to do with the thread because she claims that they're able to seperate the two issues, which clearly she can't even do.

Reflux
06-04-2005, 07:01 PM
From a thread about calssic that yet again turns into a riot x.x Does anyone actually have any CONSTRUCTIVE comments to make?

kabouter
06-04-2005, 10:58 PM

As most of you have seen from the threads that have been posted, classic is going horribly. Contributing to the problem is the fact that a certain guild holds much power, especially when it comes to hiring. The administrators of every division are in Ventrue. That causes has you can imagine, much trouble. Ventrue holds too much influence in the fate and course of action in classic. Whats even worse, is that there are players who play graal that could do their job's better than the people who have them currently can. The GC Admin (Like ETs) Does not level, and appaerntly he doesn't script either. He has GC LATs to do his job for him. On every other server I worked for, the Events Admin is in charge of making new events and the such. The LAT Admin is never on, and seems to only be hiring Ventrue staff members, with the exception of Exodus. The GP Administration is not corrupt in it's hirings, and I do believe it is run quite professionally, less the unfair banning of the account maximus_asinus. The FAQs are still staff, although I hardly ever see a FAQ on, and when they are, they're off tag, or idling on tag.

Back to why the content of classic is starting to decline though. It's because the power this guild has allows them to upload crappy levels with terrible scripting over and over again. If I was the LAT Administrator, I would fire any LAT who tried to turn these levels in. Ventrue refutes claims of having too much stuff, using these lies, that 1.)No guild is big enough to compete, and 2.)no guild is trying to get their stuff uploaded. What they say for 1 is totally unrelated to the fact that they are fundamentally changing classic, and ruining worse that it was the day the NPC-Server was released. 2 is also faux, because guilds are being denied having levels because they're of "poor quality" view attachment 1, and tell me if a level can get poorer than that. They also say no guilds are trying to get stuff uploaded. US was told by the LAT teams that we would only receive a tiny guildhouse on the overworld, or we could put our big old island in the warptex. Ventrue was never told they needed to upload their crap to a warptex, they were free to do so wherever they felt they could add their propaganda to the overworld US Island was apart of classic, while these catacombs never were. Yet we're being shifted aside for these new ventrue levels that are pretty bad.

View attachment 2, it shows another entrance to the catacombs. There are more around classic, but I don't feel like pissing myself off by going through any more of the Ventrue levels. So what do you think guys, does classic need reform?

Why don't you stop crying. If you really want this thing changed. Do something about it, create a team or a guild on classic who will fight against the Ventrue..

maximus_asinus
06-04-2005, 11:03 PM
The playercount isn't high enough to form a rival guild. US was the rival of Ventrue for a long while, but even they are dying out. But anyway fighting Ventrue would have to be on another level, one not in game, one where a person(s) in a high place in management decided to do something about the staff corruption. Battling them elsewhere would be pointless.

maximus_asinus
06-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Would you people stop screwing around with my account? I got unban for a day, and then Stryker goes and rebans it. Stop it. I would like to add that there was no warning to the fact I was reban, I was walking around and then rebanned. Same reason.

I am currently filing a complaint with paypal, and I'll also submit a help desk submission to have this problem rectified. In the meantime I'd like to see the resignation of the two individuals involved.

StrykerTFFD
06-05-2005, 05:17 PM
Would you people stop screwing around with my account? I got unban for a day, and then Stryker goes and rebans it. Stop it. I would like to add that there was no warning to the fact I was reban, I was walking around and then rebanned. Same reason.

Selflon removed your ban. It's not his place to do that, so your ban was put back on.

I'm always open to discuss bans, but going over my head to get yours removed doesn't work.

maximus_asinus
06-05-2005, 05:21 PM
I'm always open to discuss bans, but going over my head to get yours removed doesn't work.
What happened the last time I tried that?
Conversation:
Me: Is it possible to have my account 'maximus_asinus' unban?
You: No.

Also I never asked Selflon to unban it.

StrykerTFFD
06-05-2005, 05:27 PM
What happened the last time I tried that?
Conversation:
Me: Is it possible to have my account 'maximus_asinus' unban?
You: No.

Also I never asked Selflon to unban it.

This was a day or so after you were banned. Of course I won't lift a ban within that time.
And reguardless of you asking or not, it shouldn't have been unbanned by Selflon.

maximus_asinus
06-05-2005, 05:32 PM
And reguardless of you asking or not, it shouldn't have been unbanned by Selflon.
You accused me of going over your head. I did not. I wanted to clarify that.

Stev579
06-06-2005, 02:00 AM

I am currently filing a complaint with paypal, and I'll also submit a help desk submission to have this problem rectified. In the meantime I'd like to see the resignation of the two individuals involved.

lmao you are far too addicted to this game - you are taking it too seriously. I thought you could only file a complaint with Paypal only within 45 days or so of purchase? Even so, it would cost a lot of money in processing fees. Either way, you're going to lose out.

maximus_asinus
06-06-2005, 02:57 AM
I dropped the complaints as Storm has rectified the situation.
And Stev, I purchased this account, the least I can do is make sure it isn't messed with.

Matt
06-06-2005, 05:23 AM
I dropped the complaints as Storm has rectified the situation.
And Stev, I purchased this account, the least I can do is make sure it isn't messed with.

Be sure to keep your account info updated, such as the email. The Email should be an active one that you use most. Also, the password should'nt be something like 'pencil' or something other.

Evil_Trunks
06-06-2005, 05:54 AM
Also, the password should'nt be something like 'pencil' or something other.

especially not "corridor"

yojimbokintoray
06-08-2005, 09:04 PM
LOL classic is Venture? hmm well when storm added brotherhoods guild house ppl cryed as always and now VV get a big Guildhouse and ppl cry agen.. since storm wont make anything as it was (levels) the only thing to do is sit on your ass and idle time. Witch im pritty good @ hah owned newbies... anyway why dont storm get promition for a readom player (me) to make a new server called Classic 2000 .. yes its like the old server that stefan put up for fun. but this time it should have good staffs and old hitsystem and ppl can just pk 24/7 like they used to.. ( UN Newbies would not be welcome) anyway this would be fun and storm would not have to do **** just say Yes.. anyway about venture they suck indeed i probobly hate them most on classic and i would like to see the guild deleted forever. and if you stayed on to read this crap your a idiot okthxbye

protagonist
06-08-2005, 09:18 PM
Somebody point me to a classic guide, and maybe I'll play it.

jacob_bald6225
06-08-2005, 09:24 PM
Somebody point me to a classic guide, and maybe I'll play it.
You don't need one, we have no quests.

GoZelda
06-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Picture number one is Angel Town (or whatever it's called).

Sue me if someone posted this before me.

syltburk
06-08-2005, 09:51 PM
=(

edit: The problem with classic is that there isn't 300-600 players online anymore, thats the main problem imo.

Unpredlctable
06-08-2005, 10:38 PM
If there were any real incentive for players to come to Classic, then they would.
But seeing as there's none, the playercount will only continue decreasing.

Polo
06-09-2005, 04:28 AM
If there were any real incentive for players to come to Classic, then they would.
But seeing as there's none, the playercount will only continue decreasing.

Except its not, but thats beside the point I guess. I agree with the point about wanting to have a 300 odd playercount though, but Graals player count in general is falling at a rate faster than classics, and its hard to reverse that process.

Arnack
06-09-2005, 05:03 AM
I went to Classic A while back, and all they were doing was sitting and talking. Boring x.x
So I left and went to Maloria. Lol

maximus_asinus
06-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Except its not, but thats beside the point I guess. I agree with the point about wanting to have a 300 odd playercount though, but Graals player count in general is falling at a rate faster than classics, and its hard to reverse that process.
How can it not be the case? Are you denying that lack of updates is having a negative effect on our playercount? Whats been happening really is, the older players have left, and some newer people have come, but eventually they leave too, so the playercount is falling, just slowly. I am sure if quests or something as such would be added, the playercount would rise, that in itself would automatically prove Vincent's theory correct.

syltburk
06-09-2005, 06:04 PM
I went to Classic A while back, and all they were doing was sitting and talking. Boring x.x
So I left and went to Maloria. Lol
Well, from my point of the view classic is about guilds, talking, sparring and pking. It was the best of my graal times, you won't understand it 'cause you never witnessed it.

Unpredlctable
06-09-2005, 08:41 PM
In addition to what I said earlier, about less/no development resulting in decreasing playercount: when the server starts having something to do and places to go, when players come in see the server, they won't say "Wow, there's nothing to do here; this place is awful," they'll have interest in the server, along with some incentive to stay. Soon enough, the playercount will begin to increase. When there are more players on the server, this will give the developers more motivation (hopefully) to create more for the server. This will result in the playercount increasing more. And so on and so forth.

jacob_bald6225
06-10-2005, 08:35 AM
In other news, I like the new jail.

syltburk
06-10-2005, 04:38 PM
i like the "try harder next time"

maximus_asinus
06-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Yeah instead of swearing, use a trainer.

protagonist
06-10-2005, 05:01 PM
If you want my honest opinion on classic, here it is.

You need to have more adventures. And different ones, at that.

When I first played classic in 2000 or so, I loved the server because you could explore and find all sorts of different things. What needs to happen is that classic needs to add in just odd little NPCs which are fun to have. *cough*suicide dagger*

Also, put in a death system that used to be there. Not the save point system: that's annoying. But like, certain houses and that kind of thing. Make Zols pub a respawn point, for example. Make the warp rings go to the one spot that they used to go to. PKing there was a big part of classic.

Classic was also fun because it was big and you could go wandering with friends or strangers.

Minoc
06-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Regarding Ventrue, it might seem that the staff consists of many members of the same guild, but hasn't it always been that way? There were times when NBK pretty much controlled GP, and others when SM controlled the administrator positions. If you wish to change the current condition, get your whole guild to send staff applications.

Also, I see no problem with the Ventrue guildhouse (other than abuse of the throne room by certain people), but modifying Angel Clan is a bit too much..

You must remember this is 'Classic', modifying nearly every single thing would ruin the point of the server.

The warpex seems like a big mistake, as it ruins the enjoyment of "exploring".
There should be some sort of an island for playerhouses (like Big City).
There is nothing wrong with a big overworld.

Old main levels should be brought back, such as Chimp's and Dozer's houses, hell\heaven chapels, and many others (including old heart quests).
Also, the PK rooms must be removed, since they pretty much ruin the value of kills.

I believe Classic would improve eventually, but for that, some of the staff must be revised.
Currently, the quality of the staff (behavior-wise) is too poor. Always choose quality over quanity.

Crono
06-11-2005, 03:12 PM
The problem with classic is that there isn't 300-600 players online anymore, thats the main problem imo.

That's a problem for graal as a whole. It's why it was so much more fun until that dirty summer of 2002, where things SLOWLY went downhill...until around 2004 when everything just plain sucked.

notoalpena
06-12-2005, 11:27 PM

*told Growlz what to put in there* ^_^

p2p_Sir_Link
06-30-2005, 07:29 PM
Returning to the point, since I was forum banned.
We've got a single quest. The only other visual update to players is the Baddy castle. The Baddy castle looks rushed, and a few things lead me to believe it's still incomplete. Yet I was told I could not use the Ventrue approach of uploading what US stuff we did have, and upload more as more comes. I was told it all had to be ready at once, which will make the US guild territory into some months long development. The GC team is almost at a breaking point. There are few GCs that actually host (Night, Obby, Luda) and a new trial who can't seem to stop hosting. Since the only thing to do on classic is events, I quit the LAT team, and applied for GC. We'll see how things go this weekend.

jacob_bald6225
07-01-2005, 01:06 AM
Returning to the point, since I was forum banned.
We've got a single quest. The only other visual update to players is the Baddy castle. The Baddy castle looks rushed, and a few things lead me to believe it's still incomplete. Yet I was told I could not use the Ventrue approach of uploading what US stuff we did have, and upload more as more comes. I was told it all had to be ready at once, which will make the US guild territory into some months long development. The GC team is almost at a breaking point. There are few GCs that actually host (Night, Obby, Luda) and a new trial who can't seem to stop hosting. Since the only thing to do on classic is events, I quit the LAT team, and applied for GC. We'll see how things go this weekend.
Slap my ass and call me Charie :( I didnt think we had anything yet.

AlexH
07-01-2005, 01:15 AM
They should bring back the old classic, when Tyhm was manager. Not with the races or the heras but that map. I liked that map. Also the server had a lot of stuff to do.

GoZelda
07-01-2005, 01:15 AM
They should bring back the old classic, when Tyhm was manager. Not with the races or the heras but that map. I liked that map. Also the server had a lot of stuff to do.
I second that.

I mean, Baborb or whatever was great.

Minoc
07-01-2005, 01:49 AM
Reviving old classic is nearly impossible due to the fact that every single level has to be converted to support an NPC Server, and there are about 3000 levels.

I want the 1.39 levels back. :frown:

StrykerTFFD
07-01-2005, 02:06 AM
Why was this topic revived....ugh. :confused:

jacob_bald6225
07-01-2005, 02:21 AM
Reviving old classic is nearly impossible due to the fact that every single level has to be converted to support an NPC Server, and there are about 3000 levels.

I want the 1.39 levels back. :frown:

Why does everything have to be the same? Couldnt the overworld just be readied, and then some places would be converted? And the quests wiped and new ones made on the already existing overworld?

-Ramirez-
07-01-2005, 03:31 AM
It's not as if all of those levels had scripts in them. Not only that, but a great deal of them were very simple to convert. It's just a matter of having the patience to do it. The quests are another story, however.

I don't think I need to remind you all that we had quite a bit already converted prior to certain people DELETING it all. Despite the randomness of what was completed, and what remained to be completed, that Classic would have been better than what we have now. :/

Evil_Trunks
07-01-2005, 04:02 AM
It's not as if all of those levels had scripts in them. Not only that, but a great deal of them were very simple to convert. It's just a matter of having the patience to do it. The quests are another story, however.

I don't think I need to remind you all that we had quite a bit already converted prior to certain people DELETING it all. Despite the randomness of what was completed, and what remained to be completed, that Classic would have been better than what we have now. :/

you could have done all the moon quests and the castle quest and the gnome quest and the crap in the gnome caves and the babord mines quest, the babord barrel quest with the conch shell, the babord inn quest, the dead hera quest, the zol's pub thingy

ALL COMPLETED

as opposed to the 0.3 quests classic has now

jacob_bald6225
07-01-2005, 06:33 AM

Just wondering, because when we were working on a ripoff of classic, I converted all the levels to .nw, then changed all the links with a mass find and replace text program, and I also removed the setimgpart thing that made npcs turn into a full pics1.png the same way, couldnt you fix the common problems in the find and replace text thing, mass replace them with working versions of the same thing?

If any of this makes sense?

p2p_Sir_Link
07-01-2005, 08:49 AM
Even if anyone could, what would be the point? Looking through each level, each level seems to be unique. Looking at some of the NPC scripting brings wonder to me on how such old clumsy scripting to make such an awesome weapon (KoJ).

Minoc
07-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Why does everything have to be the same? Couldnt the overworld just be readied, and then some places would be converted? And the quests wiped and new ones made on the already existing overworld?
I was referring to the idea of an OLD classic server.
Many so-called attempts have been made, all have failed.
Yet, I still don't understand the need of an NPC server.

Minoc
07-01-2005, 11:22 AM
I don't think I need to remind you all that we had quite a bit already converted prior to certain people DELETING it all./
Certain people = Lone?

syltburk
07-01-2005, 11:57 AM
Regarding Ventrue, it might seem that the staff consists of many members of the same guild, but hasn't it always been that way? There were times when NBK pretty much controlled GP, and others when SM controlled the administrator positions. If you wish to change the current condition, get your whole guild to send staff applications.

Also, I see no problem with the Ventrue guildhouse (other than abuse of the throne room by certain people), but modifying Angel Clan is a bit too much..

You must remember this is 'Classic', modifying nearly every single thing would ruin the point of the server.

The warpex seems like a big mistake, as it ruins the enjoyment of "exploring".
There should be some sort of an island for playerhouses (like Big City).
There is nothing wrong with a big overworld.

Old main levels should be brought back, such as Chimp's and Dozer's houses, hell\heaven chapels, and many others (including old heart quests).
Also, the PK rooms must be removed, since they pretty much ruin the value of kills.

I believe Classic would improve eventually, but for that, some of the staff must be revised.
Currently, the quality of the staff (behavior-wise) is too poor. Always choose quality over quanity.
and for the love of god: THE OLD PK/SPAR SYSTEM.

Minoc
07-01-2005, 12:00 PM
and for the love of god: THE OLD PK/SPAR SYSTEM.
You mean pre low AP restrictions?

Evil_Trunks
07-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Certain people = Lone?
no think insect-looking

Minoc
07-01-2005, 02:18 PM
no think insect-looking
Willie Jamal (or whatever his name was)?

GoZelda
07-01-2005, 03:51 PM
MS...

Polo
07-01-2005, 03:52 PM

I think they mean me, but I have a backup of all the levels so I dunno... anyway, this thread is based on opinions on what people really want. Theres facts which I'm tired of having to repeat as to why we simply can just put up the old content.

GoZelda
07-01-2005, 03:52 PM
I think they mean me, but I have a backup of all the levels so I dunno... anyway, this thread is based on opinions on what people really want. Theres facts which I'm tired of having to repeat as to why we simply can just put up the old content.
Put a link then?

-Ramirez-
07-01-2005, 05:43 PM
couldnt you fix the common problems in the find and replace text thing, mass replace them with working versions of the same thing?
You're assuming that these problems are all going to be identical text-wise in every level. That's more than likely not going to be the case, so probably not.

Certain people = Lone?
To be honest, I don't know who it was, but that's not really important.

no think insect-looking
lmao

but I have a backup of all the levels
There are more than levels to a server, you know.

anyway, this thread is based on opinions on what people really want
There's a great deal of factual information here as well, if you'd get out of your "my way is the only way" world for a moment to see it.

Theres facts
Yes, there are, just not the Storm-world facts.

as to why we simply can just put up the old content.
There's absolutely no reason it couldn't be put up. People still have the levels. People are still capable of converting them. I don't see the problem?

p2p_Sir_Link
07-01-2005, 09:26 PM
The problem is Storm is the only one who knows what classic players want, and what we want is what he does. Except that is not the way it works.

Emily_Cruddas
07-02-2005, 01:40 PM
I took a stroll wherever i could and all i see is lots of large levels with nothing to interact with, and graphics that are not very appealing to me, it just doesn't seem classic anymore, more like an old car with a rusted frame.

I don't see a large population increase anytime soon unless someone adds a few fun quests and keeps updating properly, here's my thoughts, instead of making large complex sets of scripting that is not going to work with V3, make something that WILL work, and when you DO get V4, then you can add the original complex scripts as updates.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-06-2005, 11:07 PM
I'm tired of hearing "We're making stuff, but we're making stuff that works with V4!" Seriously, what is the point of that? v4 won't be coming out any time soon. The fact that they awarded someone v4 use in a tourney on Ol' West proves that it'll be longer until the main playerbase (hell, even the VIP base since we're promised "sneak peaks") gets to see it. Regardless of when v4 comes out, a few things should of been doable. Get off the V4 and GS2 buzz, no one Classic uses v3. It's pointless to walk around and play. Classic Dev had 3 years of development, correct? All the progress that happened was removed. The reasons Storm cites of the old content being unusable are invalid. It's not impossible to convert them. He doesn't want to. Big changes are being made STILL. The stuff that does get uploaded corrupts the "Classic"-ness of the server. Master Li's was taken over by Baddies. By the time worthy content is actually uploaded, no one will care anymore. Classic will be a ghost town. Stefan, pull the plug on classic.

maximus_asinus
07-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Yeah, seriously. Master Li's has been there for so long, and now its replaced without a single after thought. Slowly but surely Storm and the rest of the uploaders are going to remake and remove every aspect of the server that made it classic. Where are you guys going to draw the line? You've cut the overworld apart, made it about 1/100th of its original size, mashed it back together, and now, instead of expanding, you're replacing what was left of the original.

kenyonandelliot
07-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Yeah, your right. Why the hell are you replacing them, and I wish that the big classic would of been accepted. Classic sucks now, its going to be a few years to get it back at a good state.

Btw, I think the races and heras should be back. The races were interesting and had a nice storyline to it, and the hera was a good thing since we had A LOT of quests to do. Just that they weren't smart enough to think of a NPC that tell you which quest you did and gotten a hera in or something like that.

Polo, post the link to the reason why the old levels shouldn't be added.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-07-2005, 06:53 PM
Stefan, pull the plug on classic.
do it please.

kenyonandelliot
07-08-2005, 05:50 AM
do it please.

no man. NO!!!! Thats the server that started Graal, if you do it then you destroy Graal. Hell, I'll do anything to help it.

maximus_asinus
07-08-2005, 04:58 PM
I talked to Storm and he said he would relocate the Baddy guild house, good news for us Classic fans I hope.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-08-2005, 05:24 PM
no man. NO!!!! Thats the server that started Graal, if you do it then you destroy Graal. Hell, I'll do anything to help it.
Stupid point. No one will let you.

Lyndzey
07-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Why are you complaining about the location of Baddy Guild house? Master Li's didn't have an inside before we put the castle up. It was simply a house with no inside.

But if you guys would rather have a house with no inside instead of a castle, suit yourself.

kenyonandelliot
07-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Stupid point. No one will let you.

Screw you, you want to save the server, then you turn your back on it and say to pull the plug.

maximus_asinus
07-09-2005, 02:31 AM
Why are you complaining about the location of Baddy Guild house? Master Li's didn't have an inside before we put the castle up. It was simply a house with no inside.

But if you guys would rather have a house with no inside instead of a castle, suit yourself.
Whoever tiled that Baddy tribute to Hoss should be shot anyway. And I care because its a historic land mark.

kenyonandelliot
07-09-2005, 07:16 AM
Hoss already has a tribute... He has his own npcs in front of the house right of the bank.

maximus_asinus
07-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Hoss already has a tribute... He has his own npcs in front of the house right of the bank.
You really got to wonder why they made that, its not like he did anything for Classic.

kenyonandelliot
07-09-2005, 10:04 PM
You really got to wonder why they made that, its not like he did anything for Classic.

Yeah, was he the leader of Baddies or something?

Crono
07-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Yeah, was he the leader of Baddies or something?

I thought Clops was o_O?

kenyonandelliot
07-09-2005, 11:28 PM
I thought Clops was o_O?

I think Clops is the leader of the UN server, and Hoss is the leader of the Classic server.

StrykerTFFD
07-10-2005, 02:20 AM

Who HAS done anything for Classic lately? x_x

nikomi946
07-10-2005, 02:20 AM
Hoss is Hoss and the NPC is entertaining. Just sit there awhile and watch as people walk up and talk to it thinking its Hoss. Yes, Classic players can be evil but if we can't torture poor little nooblets attempting to be Hoss's minion what point is there to life.

kenyonandelliot
07-10-2005, 02:25 AM
Hoss is Hoss and the NPC is entertaining. Just sit there awhile and watch as people walk up and talk to it thinking its Hoss. Yes, Classic players can be evil but if we can't torture poor little nooblets attempting to be Hoss's minion what point is there to life.

rofl haha i wanna see them think its hoss, but i think they removed it :(

nikomi946
07-10-2005, 03:13 AM
NOOO! This can't be and yes, its gone. I want to know who's responsible for this random act of vandalism. He or she should be depixelated. It was a simple little NPC that disappeared when he was online. Hoss is as much a part of classic as Zols Pub! On behalf of Classic players we demand his pixelated likeness be returned to its proper seat.

StrykerTFFD
07-10-2005, 03:21 AM
NOOO! This can't be and yes, its gone. I want to know who's responsible for this random act of vandalism. He or she should be depixelated. It was a simple little NPC that disappeared when he was online. Hoss is as much a part of classic as Zols Pub! On behalf of Classic players we demand his pixelated likeness be returned to its proper seat.

Remember, everything fun must be destroyed. :rolleyes:

hoss
07-10-2005, 04:15 AM
We will be victorious bell!

nikomi946
07-10-2005, 04:28 AM
That we will, your pixelated self is being restored as I speak. Welcome back.

maximus_asinus
07-10-2005, 07:23 AM
I can't believe they added something like that, I bet hoss suggested it.

I want to have a statue in a major hangout effectly ruining it a little bit, like hoss did. How can I obtain this?

jacob_bald6225
07-10-2005, 08:11 AM
:-( I just wish classic would expand... that is the point it was growing, but it has stopped in the recent years, which dissapoints me, because I loved the server, I would log on and would be surprised by a new quest, island, town, building, event, or anything, we need content added atleast weekly...

Edit: I added more to this in an edit but for some reason it didnt send. To sum up what I added. We need player content and offical content which looks polished and better. Also we need consistant additions to the server. I dont like coming on and seeing nothing new. And the new maze is f'kn ugly.

EvilOmniscience
07-10-2005, 03:26 PM
I can't believe they added something like that, I bet hoss suggested it.

I want to have a statue in a major hangout effectly ruining it a little bit, like hoss did. How can I obtain this?

The Hoss npc is there for no other reason than to reserve "his" seat.
sounds like a good idea. I think I'll ask for one for myself too.

oh, and to Bell
Frankly, I removed that act of corruption, elitism, and useless npc.

Lyndzey
07-10-2005, 03:33 PM
And I care because its a historic land mark.

What about...
the GoH guild house? Replaced by SuperNick's
RD town? Replaced by Onnet Town
Azrael's Love Shack? Replaced by the bank
Alien Spaceship? Replaced by the portal
Fuitad's Domain? Replaced by Graal Memorial Park

There are other important places that have been removed as well. The swamp is gone, the mines are gone, Midas Realm is gone, PACHUKA's town is gone...Master Li's was basically gone already, with no inside.

Quit crying about Baddies Castle. If it really bothers you THAT much, we can push Baddies Castle back a level into the cliffs, and restore the *outside* of Master Li's.

Polo
07-10-2005, 04:22 PM
I cant believe people can get so worked up about such minor things. ^^

Lyndzey
07-10-2005, 04:34 PM
oh, and to Bell
Frankly, I removed that act of corruption, elitism, and useless npc.

I didn't realize it was a FAQ's job to overwrite levels.

maximus_asinus
07-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Insert ranting here.
That is true, these were great things in there time, but I'll explain a few things to you. These things were replaced in the past, and have been changed for quite some time, and now, I doubt you'll find anyone who'll be happy to see them come back, as they were. I can't change the fact they were changed, but I can stop other land marks from being taken down. Classic is replacing a great deal of the old levels, and now we have to fight harder then ever to keep these landmarks. Master Li's isn't gone. Technically one could reupload the level.

As for some of the other locations you mentioned (Swamp town, Midas Realm, etc), most likely we'll see their return when they actually decide to expand Classic.

And one other thing, Storm told me he didn't approve of where Baddies guild house went, the other staff actually went behind his back and uploaded it.

maximus_asinus
07-10-2005, 05:02 PM
He was removing something that shouldn't have been made in the first place.

Lyndzey
07-10-2005, 05:26 PM
And one other thing, Storm told me he didn't approve of where Baddies guild house went, the other staff actually went behind his back and uploaded it.

I asked him if we could put Baddy Castle over Master Li's, and he just asked "is Baddies Castle finished yet?". He knew we were wanting to put it there, and didn't object to it when I asked. Speaking of staff doing things behind his back, did the FAQ Chief ask to remove Hoss's NPC? Thanks to like four people complaining, the Hoss NPC has been removed for good.

Fuitad's Domain was replaced with the server wipe, why aren't you complaining about that? Fuitad's Domain was an even bigger spot than Master Li's.

maximus_asinus
07-10-2005, 05:51 PM
I asked him if we could put Baddy Castle over Master Li's, and he just asked "is Baddies Castle finished yet?". He knew we were wanting to put it there, and didn't object to it when I asked.
Its against the rules to quote history logs, so I'll sum up what happened between Storm and myself. I massed out something about Master Li's being removed, and Storm replied back saying he didn't approve where it was uploaded, and then I asked him to remove it, and he said he'd ask Hoss about moving it elsewhere.
Speaking of staff doing things behind his back, did the FAQ Chief ask to remove Hoss's NPC? Thanks to like four people complaining, the Hoss NPC has been removed for good.

Hoss NPC removed? Good. It was removed for a reason, and no, it wasn't because we complained, it was because it shouldn't have been made in the first place.
Fuitad's Domain was replaced with the server wipe, why aren't you complaining about that? Fuitad's Domain was an even bigger spot than Master Li's
I did complain, but to no avail. Nobody else spoke out with me, so it seemed like I was the only person upset by Fuitad's removal.

Lyndzey
07-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Hoss NPC removed? Good. It was removed for a reason, and no, it wasn't because we complained, it was because it shouldn't have been made in the first place.

I'm not talking about the time the FAQ Chief removed it.

Ibonic removed it because Storm said a couple people were complaining about it. Although the majority of Classic probably wanted it to stay, the few people that objected to it got their way.

maximus_asinus
07-10-2005, 06:33 PM
I'm not talking about the time the FAQ Chief removed it.

Ibonic removed it because Storm said a couple people were complaining about it. Although the majority of Classic probably wanted it to stay, the few people that objected to it got their way.
I doubt that the majority wanted it to stay. I'd say the majority of Classic didn't even notice it was there, and had no opinion either way.

StrykerTFFD
07-10-2005, 06:35 PM

Sadly, it seems division admins like to do other division's jobs lately.

Lyndzey
07-10-2005, 06:39 PM
I doubt that the majority wanted it to stay. I'd say the majority of Classic didn't even notice it was there, and had no opinion either way.

Lets have a vote on Classic then.

If we win, Hoss's NPC gets put back up. If not, it stays down.

hoss
07-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Jesus! If i knew it would of become this big of a deal i wouldnt of wanted in the first place!
People thought it was funny how i was ALWAYS idling there and I'd have people come up to me all the time trying to talk to me not realizing that I was more than likely not there. I just thought it would be funny to have a permanent NPC there while i was offline for a while, god forbid people try to have fun on classic. Its not like I did it so that everyone could worship me...

What I didnt understand is how that FAQ guy took it down, i mean who is he to do that? It be one thing for Master storm to take it down, or anyone with the right authority to do so....but for someone who is using his power for reasons out of his job description? How isnt he punished!?

Anyways, i dont understand why people get worked up over such stupid things....I guess its because there isnt anything else for people like maxipad, who like to complain, to complain about, so they had to find SOMETHING.
I think what they dont realize is that by complaining about everything they are actually doing more harm than they are helping. Its just annoying....

StrykerTFFD
07-10-2005, 06:47 PM
The problem is the purpose the NPC served.

I had a few NPC weapons and their sole purpose was to have fun. One being the Tagger NPC. That was removed.

Any form of fun that can't be shared and is only there for a few is removed. Giving one person what they want is also sort of corrupt, but I won't really go into that.

nikomi946
07-10-2005, 11:02 PM
And they say I need to relax. If everything is to be removed that can only be enjoyed by a few then I suggest we lump in password scripted npc rooms, tag based npc's, GC items that are so high priced that unless you can lag your way through an event you'll never have any hope of recieving them. Give me time, I'm sure I'll think of more things to be removed. Oh and while we're at it, lets remove departments, they really aren't all that necessary. No, I'm not complaining or whining in any way, just showing how far this could go if a select few decide to complain loud enough and long enough. The squeaky wheel gets the grease after all.

maximus_asinus
07-11-2005, 12:06 AM
No, I'm not complaining or whining in any way
Looks that way to me.
Giving one person what they want is also sort of corrupt, but I won't really go into that.
And this is the exact reason why it was removed.

Lyndzey
07-11-2005, 12:53 AM
Looks that way to me.

He was being sarcastic.

He was making fun of someone who complains all the time, can you guess who?

nikomi946
07-11-2005, 02:08 AM
Well, you know, its Max. If he was any other way I'd suspect someone had stolen his account.

StrykerTFFD
07-11-2005, 02:15 AM
Eh..I can't believe I'm saying this...but I'm siding with Max on this one.

I honestly don't care if the NPC exists, but it really shouldn't.

kenyonandelliot
07-11-2005, 04:29 AM
earlier today lyndzey was his npc :D

maximus_asinus
07-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Eh..I can't believe I'm saying this...but I'm siding with Max on this one.

I honestly don't care if the NPC exists, but it really shouldn't.
I HAVE CONVERTED STRYKER. WE WILL NOW RULE GRAWL CLASSIC!

kenyonandelliot
07-14-2005, 08:05 AM
man i want the old levels back.. I miss CC, sardon's tower, and the other things.

GoZelda
07-16-2005, 11:17 PM
I miss CC, sardon's tower, and the other things.
Man yeah. Seriously, all those memories.

jacob_bald6225
07-17-2005, 01:49 AM
I either want the old buggy levels, or actual gameplay elements, its been 6 months and i am tired of sitting around in a lame ****ing chatroom waiting for something new to come online, I either want the old ones or new levels with something to actually do.

Edit: I don't care if Ventrue gets stuff or even if they replace old things just give us something to ****ing do because I am totally sick of waiting.

jacob_bald6225
07-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Bold is what we lack
Italic is what is ok/good.

Classic Tab Requirements
How to apply to become public:
Any news about how to apply will be placed in the main playerworld forum section. Read that information first, do not just e-mail us.

Levels:
-A good amount of outside levels (Lowest around 50)
-If it’s a small leveled overworld there shouldn’t be any empty houses/caves etc.
-Levels should be linked correctly and to a good standard
-No level should trap a player; there should always be a way out (Exception to jails)
-Levels should look good and be of a reasonable standard of detail and quality

Quests:
-Some way to develop the character such as quests
-Player should have fun (Not just kill everything, or carry a pot/bush)
-Each quest should be some what different

Events/Fun:
-Some way to amuse the players:
*Events
*Auctions
*Collectable Items
*Limited Items

Gameplay:
-Lots to do
-Not all over in the first 5mins
-Updates for players frequently

Some original ideas:
-Something new to please the players

Jobs:
-Some way to make/get the currency (e.g: Jobs)
-Give the player a choice in which way to make money
-Make it fun (Not all D-Bashing)

Updates:
-Updates for the server need to be ready upon release (if small)

User Friendly:
-Players starting your playerworld should know where to go and what to do straight away, and shouldn’t have to walk around for a long period of time before finding some sort of place with content.
-All Jobs/Events/Weapons etc should be well documented (e.g: Signs) so that the user knows how to use it. If it’s the basic controls, still have something stating them.(I still dont know how perma clothes works...)

Staff:
-Staff should be able to answer the player comments or PMs.
-Staff should not be abusive or violent towards and Graal player.
-Some staff should monitor the mass messages and punish those who go against the Graal user agreement.
-All staff should be trained in their area, and know how to do their job (e.g: GPs)
-Staff do not need staff weapons therefore all staff do not need some. If you do make these they should be secure to work with staff-tags and disable sword etc.. so the weapon can not be abused.

Could we possibly be accepted if it were a new server?

Out of the 24 items Classic currently meets 9.... that is a 38% of the Classic Tab Requirements... pretty freakin ironic that the server called classic doesn't even meet the requirments to be on the classic list?

p2p_Sir_Link
07-17-2005, 09:42 AM
Nope. I'm tired of hearing the V4 excuse too. Honestly, "We refuse to do anything to heavy because v4 will be released soon and we're doing stuff compatible with it and you guys can't see it because you don't have v4."

kenyonandelliot
07-17-2005, 10:55 AM
I dislike v4, it would be better tested if EVERYONE can test it. Not just the people that Malinko or some others like.

Yeah, you're right about the classic tab... Also on the events theres no auctions.. It would of been smarter if they just left the levels and got a team to fix the errors, and instead of v4 which only very few can use, they should of put the time into v2.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-17-2005, 03:24 PM
I dislike v4, it would be better tested if EVERYONE can test it.
That would just lead to a few idiots using it and not knowing what to do to get it fixed. Regardless of how close V4 is to release, we should still be getting something on classic.

Polo
07-18-2005, 12:32 AM
Nope. I'm tired of hearing the V4 excuse too. Honestly, "We refuse to do anything to heavy because v4 will be released soon and we're doing stuff compatible with it and you guys can't see it because you don't have v4."

All the stuff I've been working on I test with both V2 and V4.

maximus_asinus
07-18-2005, 03:28 AM
All the stuff I've been working on I test with both V2 and V4.
Oh so you have no excuse for the lack of updates?

kenyonandelliot
07-18-2005, 04:36 AM
I think hes working on a few new quests

p2p_Sir_Link
07-18-2005, 06:37 AM
I think he's not, for details I will leave undisclosed has of now.

maximus_asinus
07-18-2005, 07:10 PM
I heard he is going to something to the server when he quits, like upload pr0n and his DJ music. >_<

StrykerTFFD
07-18-2005, 07:11 PM
As of now and forever -_-

Polo
07-19-2005, 01:27 AM

You are incorrect.

jahngod
07-19-2005, 03:33 AM
man i want the old levels back.. I miss CC, sardon's tower, and the other things.
Agreed.

Polo: Is there no way you can release the old overworld, for us to play with at our leisure?

kenyonandelliot
07-19-2005, 03:42 AM
Polo: Is there no way you can release the old overworld, for us to play with at our leisure?

Yeah.. I forgot why they got rid of it. If it was because of the npc server then you could put us in a place to play on while you fix the npcs.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-19-2005, 07:34 AM
No, he cannot do that because he wants you to play his classic.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-19-2005, 11:10 AM
I finally find that arguing with the classic staff is like arguing with rocks. I was accused of YET ANOTHER conspiracy plot today, because I said "I'm going to try my hardest to get someone to deal with Storm". I suppose that "deal with" automatically means have Storm fired, because I hold so much influence on classic today.

I also learned today that I was going to be hired to FAQ, but I was gone during a portion of the hiring period (mind you, I returned during the period, and had actually been online at the same time as administration, proven by history) I was not hired. Weird. It had been stated FAQ hiring would be open for two weeks. I left and returned with ample cushions between starting and ending of these two weeks. But appearntly, decisions were made before 2 weeks elapsed, and I find myself once again out of classic work. It's ridicoulous. Classic is the first server to actually decline applications of mine. Every other server I applied for jumped instantly and hired me. Classic, known for inept staff, has done so once, to LAT, about 3 weeks after I applied because I was different and had to go through "security checks" based on plotting I did that no one can prove even happened.

This idiot fest is annoying. Classic has holed itself to hiring only the most idiotic of those who apply.
FAQs: I PM them, and cannot understand what they respond with. I thought it was a basic FAQ requirement to have a basic grip of grammar, and every FAQ speaks English has a first language.
GCs: Inactive, inept, idiotic. I can sum it up with the word "Valor"
LATs: Are you guys even doing anything? When's the last time a LAT has even gone on, let alone put the tag on.
GPs: Eh, seem to be doing ok.

StrykerTFFD
07-19-2005, 12:37 PM
because I was different and had to go through "security checks" based on plotting I did that no one can prove even happened.

Well I can prove it since you admitted it to me, but eh. :rolleyes:

FAQs: I PM them, and cannot understand what they respond with. I thought it was a basic FAQ requirement to have a basic grip of grammar, and every FAQ speaks English has a first language.
GCs: Inactive, inept, idiotic. I can sum it up with the word "Valor"
LATs: Are you guys even doing anything? When's the last time a LAT has even gone on, let alone put the tag on.
GPs: Eh, seem to be doing ok.

Again, I'm touched. :cool:

maximus_asinus
07-19-2005, 06:05 PM
You think you've got it bad Kevin? I've got word that I'm blacklisted from every job on Classic, and several people I know were rejected because they knew me. I though that very sad, but oh well.

StrykerTFFD
07-19-2005, 06:20 PM
You think you've got it bad Kevin? I've got word that I'm blacklisted from every job on Classic, and several people I know were rejected because they knew me. I though that very sad, but oh well.

You're not blacklisted from GP? That's news to me.

AlexH
07-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Not much point in calling it classic really. For the most part it is a completly different server now than the one people are talking about in this thread.

Only way to make some of the people here happy would to host an older version of classic on a different server with no NPC Server the scripts would still work.

StrykerTFFD
07-19-2005, 06:43 PM
Only way to make some of the people here happy would to host an older version of classic on a different server with no NPC Server the scripts would still work.

Been there. Done that. Failed.

Only way to make people happy is....oh wait. People have been complaining since the beginning of Graal. Guess you can't. :redface:

p2p_Sir_Link
07-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Been there. Done that. Failed.

Only way to make people happy is....oh wait. People have been complaining since the beginning of Graal. Guess you can't. :redface:

If you're in reference to Kalypso, Storm had the PWA shut it down. So yes, it failed. No one is allowed to do such things.

maximus_asinus
07-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Again, I'm touched. :cool:
Wait, he's going to ban me again, wait for it.
You're not blacklisted from GP? That's news to me.
I'm not entirely sure on how you meant that to sound, but I heard two people were rejected because of knowing me.

kenyonandelliot
07-19-2005, 08:26 PM
No, he cannot do that because he wants you to play his classic.

Thats probaly why he doesn't want to upload the other server back. No one really cares about what he wants us to play, we want to play the old classic not this one that he had put. Just get rid of the NPC Server.

I'm not entirely sure on how you meant that to sound, but I heard two people were rejected because of knowing me.

Your a bad man

p2p_Sir_Link
07-19-2005, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't mind Storm's replacement, but I've yet to find someone who could replace him. Too bad Kalypso got shut down.

kenyonandelliot
07-19-2005, 08:56 PM
how about I?

p2p_Sir_Link
07-19-2005, 08:58 PM
How about you? I'd make a more suitable manager then yourself.

StrykerTFFD
07-19-2005, 08:59 PM

And that's not saying much. :whatever:

p2p_Sir_Link
07-19-2005, 09:05 PM
And that's not saying much. :whatever:
I'm glad you have an opinion, but I've yet to see any levels or scripts by you, nor do I think I'd like to.

Polo
07-19-2005, 09:11 PM
I'm glad you have an opinion, but I've yet to see any levels or scripts by you, nor do I think I'd like to.

Managing a server isn't just about making levels and scripting things :P

StrykerTFFD
07-19-2005, 09:17 PM

...I'm a GP Admin. Are you dense or retarded? Or both? Yeah, let's go with both.

I could script and level if I wanted to. I've done it before. I find babysitting you fools more fun though.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-19-2005, 09:27 PM
...I'm a GP Admin. Are you dense or retarded? Or both? Yeah, let's go with both.
Invalid counterarguement. GP Admins cannot be good managers if they do not have abilities to script/level. Running the show doesn't mean you don't do work.

I could script and level if I wanted to. I've done it before. I find babysitting you fools more fun though.
I'm sure you'd have to learn quite a bit before you could do either well enough to run classic.

StrykerTFFD
07-19-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm sure you'd have to learn quite a bit before you could do either well enough to run classic.

You actually have no clue as to what my scripting abilities are.
And since when have I wanted to run Classic?

kenyonandelliot
07-19-2005, 09:51 PM

Yeah, dream on. Being able to Manage a private server is nothing compared to a Classic server.

Invalid counterarguement. GP Admins cannot be good managers if they do not have abilities to script/level. Running the show doesn't mean you don't do work

You don't need to script or level good to be a manager. Also, not being able to script or level is a dumb reason why someone can't be a manager. Hes been a GP for a long time, he seen how the past Manager's worked and how they handled the server. It's not about being good at levels or scripting it is how you MANAGE the server.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Yeah, dream on. Being able to Manage a private server is nothing compared to a Classic server.

Dip****, how the hell would you know?

kenyonandelliot
07-19-2005, 10:33 PM
Dip****, how the hell would you know?

because it is obvious?

p2p_Sir_Link
07-19-2005, 10:40 PM
I've yet to see you as manager anywhere, and if Dark Nations is on your resume don't even talk.

jacob_bald6225
07-19-2005, 10:45 PM
I think being a manager would require management skills, which would involve in keeping everything orginized, listening to the players, and regulating the flow of updates.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-19-2005, 11:29 PM
Can anyone say I was doing a bad job with the classic revival?

StrykerTFFD
07-19-2005, 11:46 PM
You were doing a bad job with the Classic Revival.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-19-2005, 11:58 PM
Please shut up, man.

kenyonandelliot
07-20-2005, 12:01 AM

You were doing a bad job with the classic revival.. see i said it

maximus_asinus
07-20-2005, 02:16 AM
Scripting and Level Editing is a requirement for a good Manager. A Manager should contributed to as much aspects of a server as possible. Managing staff should be left up to each divisions admin.

Vintersorg
07-21-2005, 02:45 AM

except they will all get rejected because ventrue controls all the staff positions ^_^;

~Deacon (SM)

Vintersorg
07-21-2005, 03:50 AM
First i would like to point out, before some ***** runs off to get Vinter banned for account sharing, he has posted this on my behalf, with that said:

I have read all 12 pages of this argument, so i'll add my 2 cents;

Events does not = Content. The view Storm took that "so long as GC was up and running at the time we switched everything would be ok" was the wrong one. Events are the icing on the cake, constantly updated, improved competetive games for advanced players. They're the icing on the cake. On classic, it's all we have. It's like being served a dead rat in a restaurant that has been given a sprig of mint to make it look nicer - once you've eaten the mint, all that's left is a dead rat. This is what it's like every time an event is over on classic.

Classic, in my opinion, has a great events team but probably the worst and most archaic events system ever conceived, it's the same one we were using 2 or 3 years ago. If you go on any other server, a slick HUD and warp system is used to let you get into and out of events with minimal waiting and fuss, and the host only ever has to deal with the people who are currently playing in the event. The classic system is not just old - it's crap, and it places a huge amount of stress on the GCs hosting the event. It was considered good at the time it was invented because at that time events was a relatively new concept, and the GC of Hell Raven days were long gone ( thankfully), but our current waiting room / GC complex is just really bad, and if we're honest, it could have been revised only a few weeks after it was originally implemented - some time in 2002 i think ?. Now even the worst, most poorly run servers with the most immature players boast something more sophisticated than our glorified LAT tool.

Aside from that, i don't really have anything to add, it's all been covered by other people - the problems are staring us all in the face, and we're all waiting for some proverbial big bang that will suddenly create huge sprawling overworlds with complex NPCs and a large playerbase.

~ Deacon (SM)

p2p_Sir_Link
07-21-2005, 05:43 AM
I so totally agree with this that it is not even funny.

kenyonandelliot
07-21-2005, 06:35 AM
I so totally agree with this that it is not even funny.

It is funny how you added the stupid "its not even funny" cliche.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-21-2005, 06:38 AM
It is funny how you added the stupid "its not even funny" cliche.
It is funny how you think you're hot **** and that someone on classic even knows who the hell you are.

kenyonandelliot
07-21-2005, 06:40 AM
It is funny how you think you're hot **** and that someone on classic even knows who the hell you are.

So untrue.. I don't think im bad and I don't care if people know who I am or not. I only come on classic to own fightstar.

It's funny how you get pissed off easily. :rolleyes:

p2p_Sir_Link
07-21-2005, 08:29 AM
just please leave the thread, leave classic. Nothing you've said is constructive, and no one cares for the opinion of a non-solid classic player.

Evil_Trunks
07-21-2005, 08:54 AM
You were doing a bad job with the Classic Revival.
Unlike someone else?

kenyonandelliot
07-21-2005, 09:39 AM
Unlike someone else?

Like who else had made a thread about classic reivival besides, Kevin? And it wasn't really a bad job since people know what Classic really needs like the things on the classic playerworld list and events.

just please leave the thread, leave classic. Nothing you've said is constructive, and no one cares for the opinion of a non-solid classic player.

No, you can't make me and you can't touch this. *listens to MC Hammer again* Oh yeah like trying to make me feel bad isn't going to help, neither is calling me a dip**** everytime you get pissed off.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-21-2005, 10:13 AM
*****, you don't know anything about my classic revival. Seriously, keep your nose out of **** it doesn't belong in.

kenyonandelliot
07-21-2005, 10:49 AM
*****, you don't know anything about my classic revival. Seriously, keep your nose out of **** it doesn't belong in.

Whats wrong with you? I want to help get my favorite server back but no every time I make a comment I get harassed. I don't even know why you hate me, is it because I kept IMing you to make something for the server you worked at?

Lance
07-21-2005, 10:55 AM

This post certainly motivates me to care or otherwise learn about it.

StrykerTFFD
07-21-2005, 10:56 AM
except they will all get rejected because ventrue controls all the staff positions ^_^;

~Deacon (SM)

It's been proven GP isn't Ventrue run, based on the fact...*gasp* I'm not Ventrue. Phail'd.

Unlike someone else?

My post wasn't directed at anyone but Kevin, so what was the point of this comment? Kevin stated nobody could say that he failed, so I said it. Nothing more. :rolleyes:

p2p_Sir_Link
07-21-2005, 11:08 AM
yea but GPs do nothing anymore anyway.

StrykerTFFD
07-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Yeah because other Admins like to do our job for us. :cool:

p2p_Sir_Link
07-21-2005, 11:18 AM
kev4asst.latadmin

StrykerTFFD
07-21-2005, 11:19 AM
stryker4godmode
kev4asst.godmode

p2p_Sir_Link
07-21-2005, 11:21 AM
roflmao, owned.

kenyonandelliot
07-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Kevin, tell me something. Is this a thread about classic or is this a spam forum.

Stryker, tell the other admins to mind their own business.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Wow, now you're dictating orders to the GP admin.

I'll decide the points for my own threads, thanks.

kenyonandelliot
07-21-2005, 11:33 AM
I'm not dictating, I am giving him a suggestion.

Also you don't give points for your own thread, the rules does that. Oh yes I am now going to make a thread thats about Kevin and put tons of swear words because its my thread. Come on you massed about "oh im so intelligent", when you don't even know the rules of the forums.

StrykerTFFD
07-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Kevin, tell me something. Is this a thread about classic or is this a spam forum.

I'm not dictating, I am giving him a suggestion.

Also you don't give points for your own thread, the rules does that. Oh yes I am now going to make a thread thats about Kevin and put tons of swear words because its my thread. Come on you massed about "oh im so intelligent", when you don't even know the rules of the forums.

All I see is you spamming insults at Kevin. :rolleyes:

p2p_Sir_Link
07-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Please do make a thread about me. I'd love to read it. I'd be touched to know that a hate thread was spawned on me alone.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-21-2005, 07:46 PM
This post certainly motivates me to care or otherwise learn about it.
oh yea, missed this. My revival was shut down, plain and simple.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Time to choke the Baddies.

NefariousPK
07-22-2005, 10:48 PM
Time to choke the Baddies.
if anyone's getting "choked" it's you,all you do is whine whine whine,do you ever shut up? nothings ever good enough for you,you sure like to brag about how good of a scripter you are,well why don't you stay at cruxis and abuse/"do work",honestly you are annoying kevin,i don't care ifthe castles there or not but you never shut up.The other day you said you would quit? it's been 5 day's are you quitting yet? well hurry up

Opposite (18/07/2005 3:19:31 PM):

Mass message:
I'll be seeing you, Classic. I'm tired of getting pushed around by staff. I'm tired of
anything I say to someone else that may have a negative light of classic getting
sent to Storm. I'm finished with not getting a straight answer, and not given any
leeway. Only 2 or 3 Classic players will be able to still talk to me, because I'll be
using a new AIM name that only those 2 (or 3) will get. Anything I seem to say
ends up becoming a new plot for me to get "storm removed". Yea, I'm glad
plots can be made off a single sentence. After not being hired to GC, having a
two day term has FAQ while I was on vacation, then being promptly removed,
and no desire to become LAT again, I have nothing keeping me here. So I'm
not staying here.

Seem's pretty emo to me :\

p2p_Sir_Link
07-23-2005, 12:21 AM
congrats on posting history numbnuts.

MisterMcBrit
07-23-2005, 01:08 AM

A little tact would better suit you.

StrykerTFFD
07-23-2005, 01:09 AM
LAWL NUMBNUTS
PWNED'D/10

But in all seriousness, until Storm decides one day "Hey! I'm going to leave.", this thread sucks.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-23-2005, 01:14 AM
LAWL NUMBNUTS
PWNED'D/10

But in all seriousness, until Storm decides one day "Hey! I'm going to leave.", this thread sucks.
roflz

kev4asst.godmode

maximus_asinus
07-23-2005, 02:22 AM
I'm wasting my single post for the following:

It's going to be awhile, a long while before this 'Classic' is even worth being compared to the real Classic. As it stands is a reflection of the real Classic, a reflection that is skewed, so much so that so many players complain, but remains as the manager doesn't really seem to care of others opinions. I got tired of reinterating this over and over, so now I just stand back, and watch the true Classic get destroyed inch by pixelated inch.

Many landmarks were moved, or removed during the dev stages, and Storm apparently wasn't content on that, so he decides to slowly move/removed/edit other landmarks (one example would be Master Li's, which was replaced by the Baddies' poorly tiled guild house, Master Li, being forced down into some cave).

We'll have to wait to get our Classic back, or maybe Storm will have a change of heart and restore a great deal of Classic. Until then, all I can say is wait.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-23-2005, 04:18 AM
I think Classic needs a new manager. Obvious choices = Damien, GrowlZ, Massokre, Stryker, perhaps, if he decides to actually have a hand in hirings/deciding what people can do, Thermo, and maximus. I list myself as a subtle choice, because my managerial skills have declined ever since I quit Dark Nations the first time. Others that we could have success with, if someone else has a say in what goes down : Night, Selflon (purely out of inactivity), and perhaps Master Storm (going again with the someone else has a say in what goes down)

EDIT: ROFL, this is cute. Doahh was unknown on Classic until he applied for LAT, and guess what guild he's in? Ventrue! Now we get another LAT to upgrade that propaganda and bull****.

Doahh_p2p
07-23-2005, 06:04 AM
Dude kevin

I was not unknown on classic
I had an accident under water where i forgot to read my guages and ran out of air nitrogyn bubbles in blood are NOT fun
I was paralized for 6 MONTHS and did not have access to graal
I have over 1000 hours on my other account

kenyonandelliot
07-23-2005, 01:09 PM
Dude kevin

I was not unknown on classic
I had an accident under water where i forgot to read my guages and ran out of air nitrogyn bubbles in blood are NOT fun
I was paralized for 6 MONTHS and did not have access to graal
I have over 1000 hours on my other account

I'm sorry to hear that, and I bet it wasn't fun.

I think Classic needs a new manager. Obvious choices = Damien, GrowlZ, Massokre, Stryker, perhaps, if he decides to actually have a hand in hirings/deciding what people can do, Thermo, and maximus. I list myself as a subtle choice, because my managerial skills have declined ever since I quit Dark Nations the first time. Others that we could have success with, if someone else has a say in what goes down : Night, Selflon (purely out of inactivity), and perhaps Master Storm (going again with the someone else has a say in what goes down)

The only thing Classic needs is to get the old levels back. Also, you wouldn't be a good choice because you'd probaly fire all Ventrue because you dislike them, and you lack the maturity to handle things without making people hate whatever you stand for.

EDIT: ROFL, this is cute. Doahh was unknown on Classic until he applied for LAT, and guess what guild he's in? Ventrue! Now we get another LAT to upgrade that propaganda and bull****.

Whats wrong with you? You don't know anything about these people yet you make fun of them. If you were in Ventrue you wouldn't like this crap that happens just because the guild has staff on a server named Classic that turned bad.

Polo
07-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Doahh was definitely not unknown to me. :\

p2p_Sir_Link
07-23-2005, 04:44 PM
Also, you wouldn't be a good choice because you'd probaly fire all Ventrue because you dislike them, and you lack the maturity to handle things without making people hate whatever you stand for.

You assume me to be an idiot 12 year old like yourself.

*****. You claim classic needs the old levels back. How does that relate to my selection of managers? It doesn't, since I believe all of them will upload the old levels. As far as I can tell, they all have the levels. You don't.

I'm not making stuff up about a person. I've worked with Doahh on other servers, and all he did was steal scripts and cheat.

NefariousPK
07-23-2005, 08:56 PM

congrats on being a nerd,you geek.

kenyonandelliot
07-23-2005, 09:05 PM
You assume me to be an idiot 12 year old like yourself.

*****. You claim classic needs the old levels back. How does that relate to my selection of managers? It doesn't, since I believe all of them will upload the old levels. As far as I can tell, they all have the levels. You don't.

I'm not making stuff up about a person. I've worked with Doahh on other servers, and all he did was steal scripts and cheat.

Name calling again? Also I didn't claim it I just said I think they need old levels back instead of a new manager. Even a 12 year old could understand that.

Which servers?

Doahh_p2p
07-23-2005, 09:18 PM
I did not
You think i did but when it was someone else
You just hate me
That's no reason to make things up about me

kenyonandelliot
07-23-2005, 09:25 PM
I did not
You just hate me

If hes lying to get you in trouble then thats messed up.

jacob_bald6225
07-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Personally I think you're all a bunch of babies.

kenyonandelliot
07-23-2005, 09:39 PM
Personally I think you're all a bunch of babies.

yeah whatever...

Hiro
07-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Damn kids, you all fight way too much.

p2p_Sir_Link
07-24-2005, 12:38 AM
I did not
You just hate me
I'm not. If I still had RC access to Kalypso/Dark Nations, I can prove he constantly looked at scripts and never edited them, and then I'd find the same exact things I poured work into on other servers he also worked on.

Pooka
08-02-2005, 10:39 AM
To be honest, I think you all need to grow up.

Oh, and something needs to be done about Classic. I don't know whose fault it is, or who's in charge or anything along those lines - all I know is that Classic with NPCServer = *** and Classic without NPCServer as it used to be = not ***.

My vote? Either bring back the old levels or get rid of the bull**** we're stuck with now - this silhouette of Classic as it was blows.

Oh, and I knew Doahh before he became LAT as well.

StrykerTFFD
08-02-2005, 11:31 AM
Today is a sad day....
I thought this topic had died...and now it has been revived... :whatever:

Pooka
08-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Apologies. I wanted to ask why Classic was in the poor state it was when, in searching to find out if it'd been asked/discussed before, I stumbled upon this thread. Decided it'd be best if I posted here instead of getting flamed for starting a new topic...

Perhaps someone should close it. :whatever:

-Ramirez-
08-03-2005, 01:43 AM
I wanted to ask why Classic was in the poor state it was
There's a simple answer to that: Storm
He decided to make it the way it is. He's a genius, isn't he?

Evil_Trunks
08-03-2005, 02:30 AM
Today is a sad day....
I thought this topic had died...and now it has been revived... :whatever:

how can it die when nothing has changed?

Mafukie
08-08-2005, 01:45 PM
I didn't read the whole thread, it is too late for that. But I believe Graal Classic does need change, and I am willing to put time towards this happening and I believe that if given the chance to not nessesaility manage but micro-manage the team for graal classic that the server can be great, and get up in the ranks of favorite servers to play on. Although my past actions towards the game haven't been that productive towards the development of graal (no need to go into the past) Those who remember me when I did work for the game (GP Chief on Graal 2001 doing a top notch job, GP on classic doing great job banning hundreds of accounts, LAT for graal classic updating levels to be compliant with connected maps so the levels don't look offset) many others remember me as a trouble maker. The fact of the matter is that I am displeased in the way graal has gone these past years and instead of wanting to put my energy towards something that would be great but not public towards something that can be great and everyone in the graal community can enjoy would be highly benifitial and more satifiying for me.

I am going to try talking to a few 'higher ups' and try to get graal classic development back on the priority of things to do. I just need the cooperation and teamwork

Pooka
08-08-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm more than happy to help out with tiling - I just don't feel quite at home or right on any other server (though N-Pulse comes close, it's still only a second home ^^)

StrykerTFFD
08-08-2005, 02:01 PM
I didn't read the whole thread, it is too late for that. But I believe Graal Classic does need change, and I am willing to put time towards this happening and I believe that if given the chance to not nessesaility manage but micro-manage the team for graal classic that the server can be great, and get up in the ranks of favorite servers to play on. Although my past actions towards the game haven't been that productive towards the development of graal (no need to go into the past) Those who remember me when I did work for the game (GP Chief on Graal 2001 doing a top notch job, GP on classic doing great job banning hundreds of accounts, LAT for graal classic updating levels to be compliant with connected maps so the levels don't look offset) many others remember me as a trouble maker. The fact of the matter is that I am displeased in the way graal has gone these past years and instead of wanting to put my energy towards something that would be great but not public towards something that can be great and everyone in the graal community can enjoy would be highly benifitial and more satifiying for me.

I am going to try talking to a few 'higher ups' and try to get graal classic development back on the priority of things to do. I just need the cooperation and teamwork

No.

xXDuMajuXx
08-08-2005, 02:08 PM
No.

What do you mean by "No"?

StrykerTFFD
08-08-2005, 02:11 PM
What do you mean by "No"?

Give it some thought, you'll figure it out.

xXDuMajuXx
08-08-2005, 02:31 PM

If you meant this, then I wouldn't consider GP Admin as a truely high position. Might be different on Classic though.

Doahh_p2p
08-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Maby if you guys would stop bothering us we might be able to work and get some updates in

StrykerTFFD
08-08-2005, 07:18 PM
If you meant this, then I wouldn't consider GP Admin as a truely high position. Might be different on Classic though.

VERY different. :cool:

xXDuMajuXx
08-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Well, how about you explain the differences to me then?

StrykerTFFD
08-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Well, how about you explain the differences to me then?

Well, tell me how you view a GP Admin, or how yours is run if you have one.

Mafukie
08-08-2005, 09:18 PM
I am an idiot, help me please all I can so is no
It's ok, I understand

StrykerTFFD
08-09-2005, 12:35 AM
"All I can so is no"?

If you're going to edit quotes, do it correctly please. :cool:

xXDuMajuXx
08-09-2005, 12:40 AM
My GP admin would make sure my GPs are in order, and would enforce on the same level as GPs. It's not a truely HIGH position. GP Admin would come under all other types of Admin, above FAQ.

StrykerTFFD
08-09-2005, 12:47 AM
My GP admin would make sure my GPs are in order, and would enforce on the same level as GPs. It's not a truely HIGH position. GP Admin would come under all other types of Admin, above FAQ.

See, on Classic, I'm incharge of rules. I can make rules, drop rules, yada yada. If I do that though, I run it by the Manager, Storm, who also runs things by me if there are any rules made.

Basicly I cover all rulebreaking unless I'm not around, then the Manager is bothered with it.

xXDuMajuXx
08-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Isn't the Graal ToS sufficient enough to pass as the rules? Classic, at the moment, is just a big land of PK.

Mafukie
08-09-2005, 04:40 AM
"All I can so is no"?

If you're going to edit quotes, do it correctly please. :cool:
!pissed!

StrykerTFFD
08-09-2005, 05:34 AM
Isn't the Graal ToS sufficient enough to pass as the rules? Classic, at the moment, is just a big land of PK.

Actually it's not.
Considering it's disgustingly out of date, and it also states we can make rules as we please, we choose to do so.

Pooka
08-09-2005, 07:42 AM
Maby if you guys would stop bothering us we might be able to work and get some updates in

No offense because I have a lot of respect for you, but it really doesn't look like there's been any progress. Progress implies moving forward and improving, whereas it sounds like many people feel that it's a step backward and that Graal needs some serious reform.

I think the problem appears to be that none of the players know what's going on - maybe if the players were kept up to date about the happenings on the server and what was going on, there'd be less of an issue.

The other problem is of course that people miss the old Classic. I agree here too, and feel that I've been cheated of the Classic I used to play and love. The current map is tiny and frankly, boring.

StrykerTFFD
08-09-2005, 07:48 AM
What happened with Classic was all the popular levels were kept, the not so popular levels, which included quests, got trashed.

The problem though is the less popular levels, or less populated levels, are what made Classic...classic.

We still got level14.graal, level13.graal, Angel Clan. Lovely. But where's Sardons? Who didn't love Sardon's? Heck, Master Li's was never an area that was populated, just went there for the level 2 sword, but look how hard it was fought for.

Bring back Big City Mountain is what I say. :cool:

NefariousPK
08-09-2005, 08:12 AM
I wan't "Big City" back as a playerworld island as it originally was supposed to be i think PLUS i wan't my MINOC TO come back :-( he said If iget it back he'll comeback !pissed!

Doahh_p2p
08-09-2005, 07:59 PM
No offense because I have a lot of respect for you, but it really doesn't look like there's been any progress. Progress implies moving forward and improving, whereas it sounds like many people feel that it's a step backward and that Graal needs some serious reform.

I think the problem appears to be that none of the players know what's going on - maybe if the players were kept up to date about the happenings on the server and what was going on, there'd be less of an issue.

The other problem is of course that people miss the old Classic. I agree here too, and feel that I've been cheated of the Classic I used to play and love. The current map is tiny and frankly, boring.

most quests are still being error tested
that's the problem is no scripts will work with the new scripting engine making more and more problems

Mafukie
08-10-2005, 12:49 AM
That sucks, so the gscript 2 will break all the current scripts? :( Why is Stefan making it so hard on the scripters?

Ibonic
08-11-2005, 09:08 AM
This probably isn't very helpful or on topic with most of the thread, but since the last few posts are about it:

GScript2 is surprisingly easy to learn and use, even if you can't test scripts offline at the moment. A lot of its usage is 'common sense' once the syntax is learned -- and even that isn't hard to understand, especially since similar syntax is used in a lot of programming/scripting languages already. It's definitely a major improvement, and one of the reasons I've enjoyed being involved with Graal again.

Tyhm
08-30-2005, 08:02 PM
Supergood. GScript2. I may find myself with some temps libres soon; count me in.

Torankusu_2002
08-31-2005, 01:55 AM
That sucks, so the gscript 2 will break all the current scripts? :( Why is Stefan making it so hard on the scripters?
No, I don't think GS2 will break all of the scripts.
From what I have read, and looking over a lot of the GS2 commands, most of them are self-explainatory, and others I haven't been able to find anyone that knows what they do.

But, most playerworlds are going to want to convert to GS2 because maybe in the far future Stefan will have GS1 disabled, and GS2 will become the standard script.

But by then, most people will know it.

Tyhm
08-31-2005, 02:16 PM
Right, in the same sense that "maybe in the far future Stefan will disable clientside."
You can't stop the march.

Darlene159
08-31-2005, 02:32 PM
That sucks, so the gscript 2 will break all the current scripts? :( Why is Stefan making it so hard on the scripters?You are looking at it all wrong...Stefan isn't trying to make it harder on the scripters, he is improving Graal, and in the long run, making it easier and more efficient(sp) on the scripters, and the playerworlds. ;)

Mark Sir Link
09-14-2005, 01:08 AM
But I digress. Classic is still in the same situation, with no short term solutions in sight any longer. Storm has dug classic too deep into this hole, and got us stuck. Currently, I think Classic should be renamed, for at the moment, it's an inaccurate label, serving no function but to sting those who have been gone from graal for a bit, come back, and find this travesty of a playerworld in the place of the once-mighty "Graal The Adventure". I propose the name of the server becoming something like "Grwal Teh Sukz".

Haha, but seriously. The situation is dire at the moment, with no real LAT admin, but a trial LAT Admin instead. I suggest that Massokre be given full rightage, because I've seen what he's done first hand, and I appreciate his work. Massokre would be a great LAT Admin, but leaving him with this powerless title does nothing at the moment.

The GC Team should be aborted like a 40 pound baby. I was on the other day, and it took over 12 hours for the GCs to finally decide to host.

The use of macros and bots to idle is really starting to annoy me. I believe a system should be made that checks for repetitive keystrokes at the same intervals, up to 10 keystrokes at a time. That way, most idle bots would be rendered useless.

The GP team has turned from a good team to a corrupt team, with warnings being issued to those the GPs dislike. I find a certain 48 year old GP warping to me without warrant, and when I ask her to explain why there was a need to warp at me, I get the ever wonderful response "I have my reasons." She would love to jail me for even the most minor offense. Stryker is a good guy, and the team functions well, WHEN HE'S ONLINE. Offline, the team becomes bad and biased

FAQ Team. Stop having 3 guys on for 19 people, and then all sit around off tag when there's 50. You guys aren't talented, you're idiots.

At this point, it's too late for Storm to start working on restoring classic, so let's stop trying. Ebon's keep, toss it out. Brother's house, Master Li's, toss 'em. Just refrain from calling the server Classic, and actually get some **** done.

nikomi946
09-14-2005, 05:42 AM
Since Kevin knows I'm long winded I'd hate to disappoint him so I apologize in advance to the rest of you.

I suggest that Massokre be given full rightage, because I've seen what he's done first hand, and I appreciate his work. Massokre would be a great LAT Admin, but leaving him with this powerless title does nothing at the moment.

Massokre was hired on a trial basis through mutual agreement. He's been given the admin position but its my understanding he has no problems with his current rights as he feels getting quests online is more important than dealing with the responsibilities he'll need to deal with as an Admin.

The GC Team should be aborted like a 40 pound baby. I was on the other day, and it took over 12 hours for the GCs to finally decide to host.

The GC team is doing the best they can with the lack of trustworthy talent presently on Classic. Hiring standards have had to be lowered to fill the empty positions.

FAQ Team. Stop having 3 guys on for 19 people, and then all sit around off tag when there's 50. You guys aren't talented, you're idiots.

Regardless of how little there is for FAQ to answer at this time they are still required to work their minutes. If that means they have to be on tag during times when it seems there are more than necessary thats not really their fault. At least they will be ready when there is more work for them. Whether you believe this or not is immaterial but there are many trials and new players that still need their help. Whether it be to tell them how to change outfits or explain to the oldbies why Classic has changed.

Last but not least my specialty:
The GP team has turned from a good team to a corrupt team, with warnings being issued to those the GPs dislike. I find a certain 48 year old GP warping to me without warrant, and when I ask her to explain why there was a need to warp at me, I get the ever wonderful response "I have my reasons." She would love to jail me for even the most minor offense. Stryker is a good guy, and the team functions well, WHEN HE'S ONLINE. Offline, the team becomes bad and biased

First off, I'm 49. I didn't realize age was an issue but obviously it is for you.
Secondly, I didn't need a reason to warp to you but if you really want to know it was because you were in the level I was going to so I used you as a target warp. Nothing sinister at all.
Third, you have a large opinion of yourself. I have no vendetta against you. Follow the rules and I have no reason to jail you. I'm an equal opportunity jailer. I make no preference between you or anyone else. All are created and treated equally. I can't speak for my fellow GP's but to my knowlege I act no differant whether Stryker is online or off. Its all a figment of your overactive imagination.

Bell GP Captain -Classic

jacob_bald6225
09-14-2005, 06:02 AM
The GC team is doing the best they can with the lack of trustworthy talent presently on Classic. Hiring standards have had to be lowered to fill the empty positions.

*giggles at clel*

jake13jake
09-14-2005, 06:03 AM
At this point, it's too late for Storm to start working on restoring classic, so let's stop trying. Ebon's keep, toss it out. Brother's house, Master Li's, toss 'em. Just refrain from calling the server Classic, and actually get some **** done.
*cries at thought*
But I love Ebon's Keep!!!!!