PDA

View Full Version : Unholy Nation New Overworld

doomboy00
06-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Just thought I would make this thread to see your comments on the new overworld.
Personally I prefer the old overworld, and especially don't like the scroll system (The text for the scroll is not in the scroll and just looks nasty and hard to read).

Hopefully it will be better once the reset occurs and the new money system is introduced, but that is still to be seen.

doomboy00

Gambet
06-01-2005, 06:11 PM
This belongs in the playerworld section of the forums.

D4rKv310c1ty
06-01-2005, 06:18 PM
I agree, the old overworld was alot better, couldn't they just add the new scripts to the old system? wouldnt it still work? Even I struggled to get my stuff back - it annoys me I wish it never got wiped. I wish they just added the new levels and improved the un service.

Luc

xAndrewx
06-01-2005, 07:17 PM
All they did was make it into an island. 70% Water, 30%land.

Blitz_Hunter
06-01-2005, 07:37 PM
It all looks the same to me, except now it's a big island.

syltburk
06-01-2005, 08:53 PM
and pk zone everywhere, annoying

haro41
06-01-2005, 10:29 PM
you gotta be out of your freaking mind to think that that server was ready to be released. You can't even get out of the start building. because the pathway in fron tof the door is only wide enough for a graal char.

Everywhere is PK zones, broken links EVERYWHERE. all NPC's are missing.

Chicken_l33t
06-02-2005, 12:43 AM
Ive been playing UN since the very start of it and ive even been staff there. I think it's good the OW now, I liked the old one and never will not like it, but this is a good change it's the same but connected and looks good. I think it's very well done and they deserve a big congrats.. I was sceptical at first but, it's good :D good stuff guys.

doomboy00
06-02-2005, 02:49 AM
After playing the new Overworld for a while, and getting used to it. And after the reset, iv started to really enjoy it.
I know it will be better when the jobs are sorted, and the server's lag balances out, but i look forward to seeing how the server ends up.

Can't wait to see how the server develops, and especially look forward to 'manta island'. Good job UN Dev team, and i can't wait for the new money system to be integrated.

doomboy00

Blitz_Hunter
06-02-2005, 03:11 AM
and the server's lag balances out

Will never happen. :rolleyes:

Hiro
06-02-2005, 03:56 AM
You had to take away the quests?

NeoJenova
06-02-2005, 09:14 AM
I like it. :)

xAndrewx
06-02-2005, 09:37 AM
What do you like about it?

PrinceDark
06-02-2005, 11:37 AM
The lag is gone. I can finally play it with no problem. Good job guys!!!!!
:)

NeoJenova
06-02-2005, 11:50 AM
What do you like about it?

I like the fact that UN now has plenty of room to expand.

We can add new elements such as boats, swimming, underwater sidequests, underwater towns even.

I like how its put together and how much cleaner the new map looks.

I like the new level quality of UN.

I like the fact that we have a new island solely for entertaining the players.

I like the new warp scrolls.

I like it. :)

xAndrewx
06-02-2005, 11:57 AM
I prefer the old warps to be honest. The levels are rather the same.
All you did was add trees around towns and then cliffs. Looks quite good though.

NeoJenova
06-02-2005, 12:14 PM
I prefer the old warps to be honest. The levels are rather the same.
All you did was add trees around towns and then cliffs. Looks quite good though.

Same Levels?
Neo Town = Complete Remake
Dispora = Complete Remake
Waterworld = Complete Remake
Tumantra = Redetailed/Remade
Elimination of big black squares.

As for the old warps.
1 NPC > 10+ NPCs

Regardless of the downplay some people try to give this update, It is a big step in the improvement of UN as a server.

xAndrewx
06-02-2005, 12:16 PM
It's a big improvement, I agree.
It's a nice looking server, I'll need to check the new towns out. :P.
Post the map?

NeoJenova
06-02-2005, 12:20 PM
This is not the completely updated map but it can give you an idea.

xAndrewx
06-02-2005, 12:21 PM
Dispora is a little small, don't you think?
Suggestion:
Make the cliff higher, make more levels.

NeoJenova
06-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Dispora is a little small, don't you think?
Suggestion:
Make the cliff higher, make more levels.

Dispora has always been small had no reason to change it.

It was previously 2 levels.

xAndrewx
06-02-2005, 01:47 PM
4?

.......[One Here (1)]
[One Here (2)][One Here (3)]
.......[One Here (4)]
1:Quest
2:Nothing important, leaded to a secret snowboard :p
3:Snowballs
4:Entrence. :o..
Could have been 5 levels, I remember a market stand :o!

Malinko
06-02-2005, 05:00 PM
I agree, the old overworld was alot better, couldn't they just add the new scripts to the old system? wouldnt it still work?
The purpose was to re-make Unholy Nation for future plans of development, not to just add things where it can be put.

Even I struggled to get my stuff back - it annoys me I wish it never got wiped. I wish they just added the new levels and improved the un service.
Most players have dealt with the reset before, I'm sure you could as well. What do you mean by, "improve the un service"?

All they did was make it into an island. 70% Water, 30%land.
It allows places to develop and features to be added! Secret. :)

and pk zone everywhere, annoying
Your levels/scripts aren't loading instantly. With the recent reset, a lot of players attributes were backed up, that's a lot of data with the amount of players on Unholy Nation. It has actually went away mostly (today).

you gotta be out of your freaking mind to think that that server was ready to be released. You can't even get out of the start building. because the pathway in fron tof the door is only wide enough for a graal char.

Everywhere is PK zones, broken links EVERYWHERE. all NPC's are missing.
Read the reply I posted for syltburk. It's a new release, of course bugs/glitches will be found and needs to be reported to be fixed.

You had to take away the quests?
What are you talking about? The quests still exist.

Darlene159
06-02-2005, 05:16 PM
The map looks really nice

Okilian
06-02-2005, 05:40 PM
I enjoy it. Alot of stuff that has been added so far is just a peak of the iceburg of what will still be to come. We really have started to roll development wise.

Spark910
06-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Visually it's a lot more impressive, and it blends together better now - as in the past levels were very random, and did not flow well (as they were divided by no-go levels). So it's a nice improvement.

Blitz_Hunter
06-02-2005, 06:36 PM
The outline of the islands are nice, about it.

Gambet
06-03-2005, 02:03 AM
Good job. There are a lot of bugs to fix, but the map looks quite nice.

maximus_asinus
06-03-2005, 03:20 AM
The map looked ok, but in game its actually worse then I thought.

Hiro
06-03-2005, 03:29 AM
I ment, taken away from the accounts so we have to go and do them again.

WanDaMan
06-03-2005, 11:10 AM
It's a very nice overworld, It doesn't look right with the old towns though... Might want to edit them or something, especially Tarren, ew.

Crono
06-03-2005, 02:21 PM
sorry to say but i like this :)

Malinko
06-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Of course, some of the LATs will be making new towns and re-detailing parts of the overworld to make it look better. Though, sometimes you want to keep the old classic feeling for old playerworlds I guess. :)

sorry to say but i like this :)
Screenshot. :)

xAndrewx
06-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Of course, some of the LATs will be making new towns and re-detailing parts of the overworld to make it look better. Though, sometimes you want to keep the old classic feeling for old playerworlds I guess. :)

Screenshot. :)
It looks good as it is. Don't change it.

TedHead2k
07-04-2005, 07:43 PM
The new overworld rocks! But it's kinda cheesy that some of the cities have to be surrounded by a fence, so you can't really even get to the edge of the island. Before it was just a bunch of random square levels connected together, now it flows. I was thankful for the reset, it got me playing again. I take no delight in doing nothing on the server, just talking to people and doing nothing. I needed those quests back to enjoy myself and have something to do.

Kuza
07-05-2005, 12:44 AM
Now I am interested and will log on. Let's see what all the hype is about. :)

Emily_Cruddas
07-05-2005, 12:13 PM
I'll agree that it's much more well thought out, new players can see all the areas, it's just a matter of nosing around to find a few quests since i finished all of mine in an hour. ^^

It seemed hard to find a few areas since they were moved but i have no problems with how everything fits like a neat little puzzle now, the new UN is very newb friendly compared to the old.

~nOOb Reaper~

Link
07-21-2005, 12:21 PM
I have been a player of UN since the start. When LiquidIce and AcidIce were management.
The server has truly, come a very long way. I have seen UN progress, and it is going very good. The overworld took a little more time than the previous manager, Xecutor thought, but NJ is doing a fantastic job, and he has done very well to get the new overworld completed and out to the public. He is correct, it has expanded so much, it has so much more detail in the map, and towns. It can be even better once more things are updated such as jobs, food, better npc upgrades like pets, it is just in due time. Agian, the server has come a very long way, and i am very proud of all the staff that helped make the overworld complete.
Acid, and Liquid would be very proud.
Keep the good work up guys, UN is looking great.
Cheers.