PDA

View Full Version : Delteria

refinoheat2
05-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Many people left Delteria because either they thought staff were abusing (which many were) or they were lazy and nothing was being done besides more staff NPCs. DarSax and several other staff including myself have discussed this issue and we plan on doing serveral new things to bring Delt back to life. Classes, although they still need some work, are up and everyone seems to be enjoying them. I don't think Warrior is worknig yet so if you do try them out, that one probably won't work.

Some of the things I a hoping we can get together and do over the next few weeks is:

-Move things around so everything isn't just around Barion, this will help prevent so much bordom of being in the same place, and will cause players to explore more of the overworld.

-Work on staff, we will probably be hiring several new LATs, NATs, and GFXers so if anyone is interested in helpnig out I would suggest showing DarSax or Lil'Thief what you can do.

-Getting a working/better money system back up

-Stopping the building of so many staff NPCs and making more Player NPCs so they can enjoy the new things on Delt as well.

-Get new houses/guild houses uploaded, the reason several guilds don't make it on Delt is because the staff never really bothered to help guild there guild stuff uploaded, until now.

For more information you can contact me at, [email protected], or my aim which is , SelticHunter. Those are only a few things that we will be doing to improve Delteria and bring it back as one of the better Classic PlayerWorlds.

Note: I was planning on organizing our team of LATs, NATs, and GFXers all this weekend and working on it, bt because of buisness I will be unable to do so. Thus, I will probably begin the overworld construction next weekend and once we move that around and get the warp stations set up, I will begin on everything else and assign jobs to those who are willing/wanting to help.

xAndrewx
05-27-2005, 01:52 PM
So, you're just posting updates? ;o

refinoheat2
05-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Basically yes, and I will probably add them as they are completed, I have got a much longer list of everything that needs to be done, and I plan on completign them all, it will just take some time and some help. We have got the staff willing to help now though, just from the classes going up we have seen an increase in PlayerCount... They seem to like the classes but I do think they are going to have to have a little more power limititations because you can you the powers almost every few seconds so it creates a lot of lag, I think we need to limit the amount of times you can use it before the mp gets to low and needs refilling, so there isn't so much lag in all the levels.

refinoheat2
05-27-2005, 02:10 PM
Note: Another big thing being worked on is a server quest thing, were a lor of the server will have to be involved in hopes to complete it. That should be pretty cool. It will give people something to do with friends.

Chris
05-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Sorry, but classes on Delteria isn't something new and exciting. Delteria used to be nothing but classes (probably before most current staff/players).

More levels and guild houses probably wouldn't help. Develop on the current content and expand. Just making a big friggen overworld is kind of useless. Everyone usually stays in one place after finishing quests. I suggest you guys scrap the current quests and develop new ones. Or continue with the current ones and add a story line possibly? Not sure.

Delteria is one of the first servers I played when I started like 5 years ago. I remember all the class npcs and noobies.. So fun. :frown:

Edit: I see you post above mine. You can ignore some of my post. >_<

Crono
05-27-2005, 06:43 PM
delteria is a boring as hell, what do you expect?

Velox Cruentus
05-27-2005, 07:22 PM
delteria is a boring as hell, what do you expect?
If you have nothing good to say, then at least say it politely and support your claim. If you want to insult someone or an organization, it would be perferred of you to proclaim it in a more critical way.

Example:
I don't find Delteria interesting because... The health bar is old fashioned and is rather repulsive. (This was an example. I don't know Delteria enough to actually judge it.)

For On-Topic:
Seems like you're starting to pull up your sleeves and work. :) It's quite refreshing to hear some updates around Graal from the players.

Crono
05-27-2005, 07:36 PM
If you have nothing good to say, then at least say it politely and support your claim. If you want to insult someone or an organization, it would be perferred of you to proclaim it in a more critical way.

I can state my opinions the way I want to, whether they are positive or negative.

GoZelda
05-27-2005, 07:50 PM
Moderator in the backseat?

Malinko
05-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Delteria has plenty of space. Just need to use it.

Not sure about the activity of the playerworld, though it could be really nice if all the developers around there worked together. Some of the best I've seen, that's for sure.

Good luck!

Hiro
05-27-2005, 10:50 PM
Last time I signed onto Delteria, I sparred Tortoise and beat him four times in a row. Then I was banned for hacking.

Good Job.

Delteria = corrupt. Get rid of that and players will come back.

refinoheat2
05-27-2005, 11:42 PM
Tort is gone, he was very abusive and I would agree, he should not be staff. He really doesn't have a right to ban people for hacknig since he does it all the time and has had several p2ps banned for it. That is exactly what we are trying to stop and clear up.

As for "Delteria being as boring as Hell"

right now, as a player and a staff member I would agree with you, that is exactly why I want to complete these things to improve it.

Hiro
05-27-2005, 11:49 PM
Tort is gone, he was very abusive and I would agree, he should not be staff. He really doesn't have a right to ban people for hacknig since he does it all the time and has had several p2ps banned for it. That is exactly what we are trying to stop and clear up.

As for "Delteria being as boring as Hell"

right now, as a player and a staff member I would agree with you, that is exactly why I want to complete these things to improve it.
Unban me and I'll play again. A player helped is a player saved. ^^

Classes would help though - running around as a wolf is fun.

refinoheat2
05-28-2005, 04:10 AM
Account Hiro? I will check on it and see what it is banned for. We do need more players, but I will not unban people if they should be banned.

Hiro
05-28-2005, 04:32 AM
Account Hiro? I will check on it and see what it is banned for. We do need more players, but I will not unban people if they should be banned.
"Speed Hacking" :rolleyes:

refinoheat2
05-28-2005, 08:09 AM
Alright, when I get my RC, should be set up tomorrow but will be gone until Monday, I will check into it.

Edit: btw if anyone is interested, tomorrow Delteria is having a server war (p2p and trials). Players will be automatically seperated into two teams and at the end of it, the winning team will recieve a custom NPC. I will not be able to make it but it is going to start around 3:30 PM (eastern time zone) If this is a success we will probably do it once a week or so each time I am guessing you will recieve a new and exciting NPC. Hope you can make it.

Edit2: Suo was the one that banned you, he doesn't abuse, he mistaked lag for speed hacking. (Or atleast the way he described it sounds like it). You're now unbanned, hope to see you back.

xAndrewx
05-28-2005, 09:19 AM
Make a speed hack detection.

Rick
05-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Alright, when I get my RC, should be set up tomorrow but will be gone until Monday, I will check into it.

Edit: btw if anyone is interested, tomorrow Delteria is having a server war (p2p and trials). Players will be automatically seperated into two teams and at the end of it, the winning team will recieve a custom NPC. I will not be able to make it but it is going to start around 3:30 PM (eastern time zone) If this is a success we will probably do it once a week or so each time I am guessing you will recieve a new and exciting NPC. Hope you can make it.

Edit2: Suo was the one that banned you, he doesn't abuse, he mistaked lag for speed hacking. (Or atleast the way he described it sounds like it). You're now unbanned, hope to see you back.What is the point of the prize this way if only the P2Ps can keep it?

It would also be noted that your website dialog that opens, opens up to a spam site.

refinoheat2
05-28-2005, 03:22 PM
1) We have a hacking/illegal actions detection, it disconnects you and notifies staff by ways of RC.

2) Even if the trials can't keep it, a lot of them play for a few hours at a time giving them atleast a few hours to have fun with it. Tupper always comes up with pretty cool NPCs, I doubt this will be different.

SoSolid66
05-28-2005, 03:38 PM
It would also be noted that your website dialog that opens, opens up to a spam site.

Yeah that happens to me aswell

Chris
05-28-2005, 05:58 PM
1) We have a hacking/illegal actions detection, it disconnects you and notifies staff by ways of RC.

Inferior! Right Smake?

refinoheat2
06-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Alright I am back and have RC, I will be talkgni with Lil and DS this weekend about leveling and updates... I heard the war last weekend went well and the NPC turned out to be some sort of roll NPC that you ram into people/things... (Atleast thats what Tup told me).

This weekend I will begin some of those things I told you about and if all goes well I will post again.

refinoheat2
06-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Well anyways, Delteria Update:

A few days ok we all sat down and basically decided on what we want to get done first... We decided on a new overworld. But not only will it include that, it will include some new things to Delt that will actually make money useful and give people something to do. No Matter how boring I find it ;)

I believe it is going to have mining and possibly fishing... GFXers, and Scripters are working on that. Meanwhile, we have two possible choices for Delt's new overworld/tile set. One is already done but could use a few adjustments since it was made awhile ago... The other one is being built. (This is the one we will probably end up using since he has been planning everything out for a long time...). Once that is done I guess we will decide which we like better. I hope it won't be to far from now, depending on how helpful our staff are... Since it is summer for many there is more time to work so I don't think it should be to long before we have the second one done. I will continue to post updates, although many of you might not care o_O

Mykel
06-08-2005, 04:58 AM
I've been on the inside of Delterian re-makes before, and something has happened, and it always seems to be lost. I hope this has a much better end result.

LilNiglet
06-08-2005, 06:50 AM
This time it will get done. I am personally getting behind the entire movement and jabbing it in the back until it keeps moving. This will get done.

Anyways, we're working on the new overworld first. Almost nothing else will be developed while we're working on the new overworld, so I hope to have this done within the month. When the main layout is done, then we will spend a good time detailing the world. We've also decided that even though a large overworld is nice, cities is what needs the most attention. So, in that train of thought, cities will be VERY large. There will be a very distinct seperation between wilderness and urban areas.

I can't think of what more to type, so I'll leave that for when I have more information. I'll have a map up within a few days of what we plan to do.

Crono
06-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Another new overworld x_x?

It better give graal a kick in the nuts like the old one did when it first came out back in 2002. :)

Malinko
06-08-2005, 04:58 PM
Oh! Delteria in progress?!

I can't wait to see!

Good luck! :)

LilNiglet
06-08-2005, 09:28 PM
Another new overworld x_x?

It better give graal a kick in the nuts like the old one did when it first came out back in 2002. :)
If you don't have constructive criticism to add to the thread, please leave :)

Anyways, progress is going pretty well. The overworld plans are well on their way to being finished, and the classes are slowly but surely being smoothed over.

LilNiglet
06-09-2005, 07:29 AM
Ok, a few people want to see the new map, so I'll attach a VERY basic, VERY PRELIMINARY version of it. I used a program called AutoREALM to make this, I don't have a link atm.

refinoheat2
06-10-2005, 03:53 PM
Tup is that the one you are making or LT?

Edit: Glad to hear it will hopefully go up this month, and the city things sounds like it will probably be better then just spreading everything out... So any help you need or LT, just as, if not I will probably just be messing around with my house or doing GP job...

Fogles
06-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Refino i think your wrong on the GFX Hirings, I've already have tried out, i made it BUT DarSax told me he didn't want more GFXers, si i doon't know whats going on.

RefinoheaT
06-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Refino i think your wrong on the GFX Hirings, I've already have tried out, i made it BUT DarSax told me he didn't want more GFXers, si i doon't know whats going on.
I'm Refino :frown:

Dreth
06-11-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm Refino :frown:
Yesyes, Goodgood, We know Refino.
a new OW would be very interesting for Delteria, seeing as how the old one is purty boring..
Too bad I won't. Be. Around. To. See. It. *points very rude finger at Alex* *!pissed! !pissed! !pissed!* >_<

Crono
06-11-2005, 12:56 AM
If you don't have constructive criticism to add to the thread, please leave :)

Oh so if I don't have constructive criticism to add to the thread I can't post? Might as well say the same to everyone else? What I said was constructive enough, let me translate for you-

Make the new overworld kickass like the last one that came out in 2002 or be prepared for another failed server upgrade.

Dreth
06-11-2005, 01:18 AM
Oh so if I don't have constructive criticism to add to the thread I can't post? Might as well say the same to everyone else? What I said was constructive enough, let me translate for you-

Make the new overworld kickass like the last one that came out in 2002 or be prepared for another failed server upgrade.
Y'know, I almost hate to say it(dunno why...) but he's right tup. What he said was... constructive, in a way. I mean, hes saying, dont just take some places and schlop them into a different spot, make it real cool and awesome and such and so forth. That was constructive.
Anyways, did you not see the :) at the end of the post speaking about how the new OW should be sweet?

refinoheat2
06-11-2005, 09:19 AM
Yes I am not Refino I am Seltic (don't ask about the account, long story).

Anyways, w/e we have some good Dev staff so I would expect only the best out of this new overworld.... Btw, I think LT said he wasn't hiring anymore GFXers... But Melon will be fired soon so then maybe he will be. Right now I think we are hiring NATs and LATs.

Edit: You can check the Delt hiring information which is right above the osl... There is a flag that says hiring or something like that so easy to see just go straight up.

xAndrewx
06-11-2005, 10:42 AM
The Delteria map looks good. Don't change it.

GoZelda
06-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Besides, telling someone to leave a thread because they can't add constructive criticism is like saying you can't change a light bulb if it doesn't work because that isn't constructive criticism is it?.

(This quote ass-kicking works better when someone asks you "Can you do any better?" when you criticize something. Those people should not be allowed to change lamps because they can't shine better.)

refinoheat2
06-11-2005, 04:41 PM
I actually like the current Delt map, and wouldn't mind leaving it and just changing the format & making new levels... But, either way I think it will be fore the better, Delt needs something new that kickass... And that map tup posted... It is a very simple form of what is really going up.

xAndrewx
06-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Make items what are really rare and worth trying to get.

Dreth
06-11-2005, 07:01 PM
I actually like the current Delt map, and wouldn't mind leaving it and just changing the format & making new levels... But, either way I think it will be fore the better, Delt needs something new that kickass... And that map tup posted... It is a very simple form of what is really going up.
Yeh, but the old delt is ok, and whats with the "Devar'Toi tower or whatever? I went to an NPC by it and he said to bring him a black rock. UNFAIRNESS! You cant get l3 glove on delt! (can you?).
must figure this madness out before the change!

RefinoheaT
06-12-2005, 07:02 AM
Delterian Staff constantly ask MHX to return to Delteria. Many of them realize that when we left, it hurt ;)

In case any of you people do not know about the situation reguarding MHX leaving Delteria, we were constantly harassed by the staff and both graal rules and federal rules were broken against us. MHX refuses to go on Delteria, and it has obviously hurt them. It's kinda funny to listen to their staff ask me if we will come back when the know fully well the abuse that we took while we were there.

Simply Pathetic.

-Refino

Dreth
06-12-2005, 03:44 PM
Well, all fine and good for you, but you realize if you DID come back, MHX would be taking over staff in no time. There are like, 8,000 billion of you people, and theres almost always someone hiring. You could take over delt in no time. And people who abuse you guys just lack a brain or something. I for one always liked you guys :)

Crono
06-12-2005, 04:16 PM
They want MHX back? Now THATS pathetic.

Hiro
06-12-2005, 06:16 PM
LOL.
Yes I am not Refino I am Seltic (don't ask about the account, long story).
You think people would get that from the fact that you're signature says "SELTIC" on it.

Dreth
06-12-2005, 06:39 PM
You think people would get that from the fact that you're signature says "SELTIC" on it.
You would think that, but obviously some of us don't think anything.

Hiro
06-12-2005, 06:41 PM
You would think that, but obviously some of us don't think anything.
DANGIT!

Dreth
06-12-2005, 08:19 PM
DANGIT!
If that was directed at me, huh?
I was not talkin about you.
If not, huh? I was talking about Fogles.
OINK

GoZelda
06-12-2005, 08:51 PM
OINK
Oink oink.

Do you know that Simpson's episode?

Amagius
06-12-2005, 09:46 PM

You know what's more pathetic? SWEDEN.

We'll flood you with people, okay? You'll cry; I promise.

refinoheat2
06-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Now Refino, we always have our disagreements, but talking about pathetic?

Here is what is pathetic:

1) Zeromus tries to run a guild on a game that he no longer plays or cares about

2) Zeromus has enough power over you an MHX to limit you from a server that many people in MHX still love and would like to play.

3) You are so caught up in this "MHX is all powerful thing" that you don't realize most of your hunters still get on Delt, whether it is early in the morning when only I or a few other people are on, or they get on trials and get on.

4) You try to embarrass your own guild members with Janitor or poopsmith tags just because they aren't wearing your stupid colors or forgot to add Hunter to thier name while Sparring or in Events...

5) You would call Delt pathetic when you still get on your trial (Omg yes Refino the hunter that hates Delt is on it almost every other day for a few hours at a time) an play it and talk to people all the time... I think you must plan on comnig back sometime, since you don't want your house to be taken down... If you never plan on getting on again and think it is a pathetic server, why would you want your house still there.

Note: His trial account is ExoticOne8 and his regular account is Refinoheat (dah), if you have any doubt, just ask most of our staff now and could check the IPs which are the same.

6) You talk about abusive staff rofl! When Zeromus was GP Captain he had almost all his rights taken away (had less then a GP Cadet) because he abuased them constantly, he even banned a player for saying he was a stupid hunter lol idiot.

So Refino my advice to you is, before you open your trap again and say things that are totally retarded, think about it, so you don't look so stupid. It might be hard, but it will be worth it, if you hate Delt and it's players, stay off your trial account and stay off of Delt. We don't "need" the Hunters back, we simply informed you that the staff that had the NPC that allowed them to hear the hunters gm's are gone.

Note: I wonder if all the other hunters knew you got on a trial and played Delt all this time? Maybe you need a Janitor tag, hmm?

End of your discussion, you were destroy.
-Seltic

NicoX
06-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Owned :O

Crono
06-12-2005, 10:48 PM
You know what's more pathetic? SWEDEN.

MHX is a ****ty clan thats nearly been n00bish since 2002. Sweden isnt a ****ty country thats nearly been n00bish since 2002.

We'll flood you with people, okay? You'll cry; I promise.

Dont bring the pigs though :3

Dreth
06-12-2005, 10:50 PM
Owned :O
True dat.
What i picked up from Seltic's post.
1)He dun play it?. hmmm
2)thats pathetic. Whats Zeromus gonna do if you dont do what he says? remove you? amazing...
3)i thought i saw hunters every once in a while...
4)yeh, that janitor thing is pathetic, and poopsmith is from Homestarrunner (http://www.homestarrunner.com). THATS pathetic.
5)If you dont go on, why Is your house still there ref? he has a point, if you dont come on, why keep it on?
6)really? omroflol

You got POON'D Refino.

Matt
06-12-2005, 10:53 PM
In my opinion MHX used to be a great Guild a while back. And what Seltic says is true, alot of hunters sneak on delteria and play. I still think it's stupid that Zeromous won't let MHX on Delteria. That argument on RC was stupid.

Crono
06-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Let's hear Refino's side of the story before we blow the p00n horns. :)

refinoheat2
06-12-2005, 10:57 PM
There is only one side, I told it. Everything I said up there is true, I might of seemed mean but his post about Delteria being pathetic made me laugh, but also made me a little mad. Seeing as how MHX is a problem in itself.

Edit: I could of said more up there but

1) It was getting to long

2) There problems never end

3) It was not worth my time, they have seen me mass things about thier (Zeromus's and his little servants) problems, and I make my point clear. That is why I am one of like 3 people totally blacklisted from MHX... Or it was 3 last time I checked, could be more now.

Hiro
06-12-2005, 11:00 PM
From what I understood, Veracity guild members made up most of the staff on Delteria, and they "Drove out MHX" to go onto NPulse. Hence, Zeromus doesn't want MHX members on Delteria, banned or not banned.

If their on trials, then they arn't in MHX while on those accounts, and can freely go onto Delteria whenever they want. Although why you'd want to stick with such a limited guild is beyond me..

Matt
06-12-2005, 11:05 PM
I can't believe they won't go to the server they love just because their guild leader says not to...

Hm, that's loyalty i guess.

refinoheat2
06-12-2005, 11:09 PM
1) Veracity didn't drive them out, it was a few people in Veracity that made a illegal NPC that allowed them to hear MHX's guild messages. Or so I am told... MHX claimed that it was unfair because they knew what they were doing in wars (which it was unfair) but my god, cry me a river.

2) As for the trial thing, they still count that as far as I hear, I am pretty sure that they have gotten mad at a few people who went on trials and got on Delt to play.

Dreth
06-12-2005, 11:13 PM
From what I understood, Veracity guild members made up most of the staff on Delteria, and they "Drove out MHX" to go onto NPulse. Hence, Zeromus doesn't want MHX members on Delteria, banned or not banned.

If their on trials, then they arn't in MHX while on those accounts, and can freely go onto Delteria whenever they want. Although why you'd want to stick with such a limited guild is beyond me..
Vera did make up most of the staff members, but i don't know if they really care. I had thought vera had driven them out too.

Well, yeah, but THEY are in MHX and such, and trials are so annoying to go on.

I dont know either. I went to the MHX site, and when going through the journals or whatever, one of them was saying something like how the hunters were always there. HUH????? I even sorta respect(?) the guy who had written that.

nendol02606
06-12-2005, 11:28 PM
say something about me seltic

Amagius
06-12-2005, 11:36 PM
Now Refino, we always have our disagreements, but talking about pathetic?

Here is what is pathetic:

1) Zeromus tries to run a guild on a game that he no longer plays or cares about

True. We're mainly playing World of Warcraft now. You have to understand how this guild runs; (I hate the way it runs, but you roll with the flow) this guild is a major macromanagement job. Zeromus delegates certain positions to people so we doesn't go overboard (opinion).

2) Zeromus has enough power over you an MHX to limit you from a server that many people in MHX still love and would like to play.

That's the way it rolls. Sorry to say.

3) You are so caught up in this "MHX is all powerful thing" that you don't realize most of your hunters still get on Delt, whether it is early in the morning when only I or a few other people are on, or they get on trials and get on.

True.

4) You try to embarrass your own guild members with Janitor or poopsmith tags just because they aren't wearing your stupid colors or forgot to add Hunter to thier name while Sparring or in Events...

That is another problem that just won't go. That's the way it is and as much as I have tried before to "rebel" against this philosophy, it is too integrated into the system.

he even banned a player for saying he was a stupid hunter lol idiot.

I know how it went, and that ain't it.

Well, I had no intention of lambasting my own team, but I have no intentions of bull****ting people either.

refinoheat2
06-13-2005, 12:59 AM
1) Ok Melonic, you got fired this afternoon for abuse YAH!

2) Amagius, I am happy to see out of the hunters, you are an honest one. As for the he banned someone for saying stupid hunter... That is what I have heard from staff... If I am wrong, my apoligies, but I have plenty more things that Zeromus did as staff that got almost all his rights taken away. I was GP at the time so I know that happened for a fact :/

RefinoheaT
06-13-2005, 01:18 AM
It's quite funny to read what you've wrote, knowing that everything you have said is misconstrued by yourself. Let me explain to you what you obviously couldn't figure out yourself.

1) Zeromus tries to run a guild on a game that he no longer plays or cares about.
Zeromus is our primary unit leader. MHX is expanded to over 10 different games, including World of Warcraft, Wulfram II, Phantasy Star Online, Guild Wars, Ragnarok Online, Lineage II, Unreal Tournament 2004, Halo 2, and some other small divisions. Now, if Zeromus had two bodies and twice as much time as the world gives us, he still wouldn't be able to play on all of the games. In order to do a good job with leading the entire unit, he must concentrate on a couple of the divisions and keep them standing. Zeromus has enough confidence in the Binary and Trinary leaders of the unit to keep the divisions going. Even when that is not enough, the Nightmare Reavers & Archon Reavers, also known as the Division Overlords and the Section Archons, are placed in each one of our divisions to keep it rolling smoothly. What you are expecting Zeromus to do is like expecting the owner of a chain company such as MACY'S to have a constant presence in each of the MACY'S stores. It's just not possible. The way that the Company Owner handles this is by assigning Store Managers to take care of each store. That is basically how we are run. It is obviously too complex for you to understand, but hey, that's not my problem.

Explain to me how this is a bad thing. Wouldn't it be considered a good thing if people respect their leader so much that they will listen to his orders even if they don't agree with them? Sure, there will be people that don't agree with the way things are run around here, but then they will not stay. It's as simple as that. There will always be people that we do not catch, and they will get away with it. However, sooner or later, we will find out about it, and they will be dealt with. The fact that we do not permit our members to visit a server such as Delteria is simply for their own good. Many of them will not understand it, as I didn't. However, I now understand Zeromus' reasoning behind it. As soon as we left, people saw a steady decline in the quality of Staff and the Members on Delteria. We sensed this early, and jumped off the ship before it sank.

That is a false statement. In the beginning, yes, everyone, including myself, broke the rules here and there. We did not understand the severity of this new rule and were hesitant to follow it. I can now say that at least 90% of this guild has not been on Delteria since the ruling has set into place. If members go on a trial account to play Delteria, so be it. It's not like playing on a trial account is any fun.

4) You try to embarrass your own guild members with Janitor or poopsmith tags just because they aren't wearing your stupid colors or forgot to add Hunter to their name while sparring or in Events...
Yet another false accusation by Mr. Incredible. We do not force people into becoming a janitor due to menial things such as forgetting to add Hunter to their name during their presence with MHX or refusing to wear our colors. People that become janitors AGREE to become a janitor for the time that we put in front of them. The people that are subjected to janitorial services are the people that have left on bad terms. Leaving MHX on good terms is not really that hard. Thus, the people who decide to leave on bad terms will be penalized. The point of having the janitor phase is to show the members that we will not take their bull**** while they are in the guild, and if they chose to come back after displaying such, they will have to face the consequences. If someone does not want to be a janitor, they aren’t forced to, they just won’t rejoin.

5) You would call Delt pathetic when you still get on your trial (Omg yes Refino the hunter that hates Delt is on it almost every other day for a few hours at a time)…
I get on my trial simply for the reason to stake out for hunters that chose not to follow the rules. Yes, occasionally I will talk to some of my friends who still play, maybe people that have since returned to Delteria. I never said that I hate the people there. I hate the way that things are run there. I will not return to Delteria, ever. I’ve said that multiple times, and I’ve said it again. I’d like to make a note of the fact that most of the time while I am there, I am idling while playing N-Pulse.

6) You talk about abusive staff rofl! When Zeromus was GP Captain he had almost all his rights taken away (had less then a GP Cadet)…
I don’t really know anything about this, but I highly doubt that Zeromus banned someone for calling him a stupid hunter.

If you really think that anything you just said was true, I seriously recommend counseling for yourself. It’s also kind of funny that, being that you’ve pretty much flamed the **** out of me on here, your boss officially hates you. He also knowingly admits to the fact that when MHX left Delteria, it declined.
‡ R? Hunter ‡ says:
Delterian Staff constantly ask MHX to return to Delteria. Many of them realize that when we left, it hurt
Lee - Yen where are you? says:
yeah
so?
We know
Well at least I know

‡ R? Hunter ‡ says:
but you can make sure of this
‡ R? Hunter ‡ says:
we will NOT engage in any negotiations whatsoever
wth WHY
‡ R? Hunter ‡ says:
you can thank your super GP Seltic
WHY
I'll kill him

Whether you like MHX or not, you can do nothing but simply agree that everything that I've stated is the truth.

Haha, looks like you’re the one who ends up screwed.

“End of your discussion, you were destroy”ed.

-Refino

Matt
06-13-2005, 01:21 AM
I don't think posting past conversations is allowed, mainly because things like this will happen occassionally. :eek:

Crono
06-13-2005, 01:22 AM
ohnoes mhx left delteria

Let me put it in the way my brain is processing all this:

sucky delteria depends on sucky guild

sucky delteria nothing without a sucky guild

Please prove me wrong.

refinoheat2
06-13-2005, 03:43 AM
Ah Refino... back to show your stupidity once again... If you believe all that crap you just said, you truely are one of Zeromus's puppets.

1) True MHX has expanded to many games, hopefully they have more sense there, but Zeromus has no buisness trying to lead MHX on a game he doesn't play, if he wishes to lead on the other ones, I pray for them. All that other crap you stated, yea I guess I am to stupid to understand it... It was a load of bull****. I know enough about MHX and Zeromus to know that everything must be passed through him, whether he knows anything about the subject or not, you'll still must do what he says and can't do anything without master Zeromus's approval

2)If you think it is respect for Zeromus that is keeping the players from going back to Delt, you are an idiot. The only reason people would leave Delt for MHX is because thier friends did... or because they think that MHX ahs some sort of all powerful thing about it and they want a piece of it. But I assure you, I have spoken with many of your members, and repsect for Zeromus, is not only totally wrong, it is a joke.

For Example: Only reason Takkun joined and agreed to have your retard PoopSmith **** is because Lucavi got drunk one day and join. Now that he has returned to his senses and is leaving, Takkun will finally return to Delteria and have people around that actually give respect to him.

3) Wrong again, 90% doesn't stay off Delt. Most of the people who used to play Delt, still get on, some don't even bother to get a trial, they just get on late when no one else is around to see them except a few staff that they think are sleeping and just left RC on.

4) That is also not true... I have seen people who never left the guild be demoted to Janitor or Poopsmith, you try to "teach them a lesson" with your dumb little ideas, when alls you are doing, is not only making your guild look rather "pathetic" you are lossing respect from those members and thier friends.

5) Rofl thats a load of BS as well... You are on Delt for hours at the time talking to people, roaming around, seeing what is new. There is none of this "occassional" garbage, half the time you are on other hunters are to, but how do you plan on catching them. During the day they are on trials, and you wouldn't know one if you saw one. I have talked to a few of the older MHX people who have recently left and they admitted that a big reason was that the Hunter family/unit has lost respect for each other. All the high ranknig members treat the other lower ranks like garbage most the time. (Note: I was in MHX a long time ago, I didn't eevn start as Riot I started as First Class and even I realized that it was a waste of time, you treated each other like crap) so I was gone a day later.

6) I will talk to Lee, I have spoken with both him and Alex who I know have been trying to get MHX to come back to Delt. But it is not MHX we need back. What we need is for those people who want to come back but the only reason they are staying is because of MHX *** rules, to realize a home server is more important then serving Master Zeromus. We don't need MHX, we need a few people to get out of this little trance Zeromus has gotten them under and realize they are throwing this game away... They are destroying thier fun and love for a server just because Zeromus doesn't like playing there. Oh and staff aren't declining... Actually we have cleaned up many of our useless staff and have hired some new ones. We are currently seeing some new faces on Delt as well, we are not declining, we are slowly rising, hopefully we will see some major improvement in Delt within the next month or so...

But back to the subject, I have made my opinion clear and no matter how much BS you want to try and tell me to change my mined it simply won't until I see some changes. But it takes awhile to recycle trash into something that isn't usless...

Anyways, enough about my personal problems with MHX, no reason for me to get so mad at Refino who I actually think is a decent person outside of MHX. Back to the subject please, sorry for my long and draw out posts over something that really isn't related :/

refinoheat2
06-13-2005, 04:07 AM
This shows outside of forums, and graal in general, we can actually get along :)

RefinoheaT: Psst, being that I only have 3 posts a day on the graal forums, I'm not posting in that topic anymore. You've made your point, I've made mine. It's obvious that we have opposing views on certain things, as many people do. However, I'd rather not continue this meaningless argument and waste the limited posts that I do have.
RefinoheaT: If you could post that on the forums for me, it'd be great.
RefinoheaT: Good Day.
SelticHunter: Of course, I repsect what you have to xsay, although we oviously won't come to an agreement ;-)
RefinoheaT: Dude, you should know by now that we don't agree on ****, so what the ****, lol.
SelticHunter: but doing something right now, I will post it in a minute. lol and I know, but arguements is all I have left ;-)
RefinoheaT: Besides, I joined the forums like, two days ago. I don't want everyone there to think I'm a flagrant homosexual.
SelticHunter: lol :-) I didn't think you were VIP, I wondered how you were posting, and I also just recently signed up... So none VIPs get 3 posts now?
RefinoheaT: yes
RefinoheaT: 3 posts a day.

Then we starting talking about a certain idiot who has returned to graal recently but wouldn't want to start an arguement so I will leave that out ;)

Dreth
06-13-2005, 05:09 AM
Ohhhhh
Kay?
Well, i think it has been generally established that MHX is not as cool and cool kids guild that it once was(was it? i once thought so, when i had just gotten p2p(IWASANOOBTHEN!))
SOOOOOOOOBACKONTOPIC
How are the Delt improvements coming, and WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH DEVAR 'TOI OR WHATEVER TOWER? You cant get one of those rocks without level3 glove, and i think only staff people have those. Someone needs to make that place make sense.

refinoheat2
06-13-2005, 05:17 AM
Message from Refino:

RefinoheaT: seltic
SelticHunter: yes?
RefinoheaT: post on the delteria topic that I'm going to kick Dreth's ass or somthing. He's trying to start up the argument again.
SelticHunter: lol I haven't seen it yet but ok in a minute.
RefinoheaT: put this in there too lol
RefinoheaT: :
RefinoheaT: Lol, he thinks he's cool because he can use bold, italic, and underline at the same time.
SelticHunter: ok lol

Message from myself: lol as for the tower... I believe it is a quest being worked on, that is why you can't get inside it yet without staff boots (it now has some inside levels). We will return to it's development after then new overworld goes up. (That is, if we decide to put it in the new one... b ut I am pretty sure we will atleast have some new quests and crap... after we get thigns established.

nullify
06-13-2005, 07:59 AM
He he he, I vaugely recall when I (and the entire population of Delteria) scared Seltic away from Delteria. That goes for Refino too. :rolleyes:

refinoheat2
06-13-2005, 07:39 PM
hmm... I perfectly remember when Delteria got shutdown because of abusive staff and the globals made a list of all the staff who were abusive... Was it not you that was at the very top because alls you do is abuse? You would be a great Developerif you actually did something good for Delteria instead of your damn self. Alls you did was make abusive NPC's that only you and a few other abusive staff got, day after day, after day... You probably made 50 or so of those yet you only had time for like 4 NPCs that players got... Hmmm great Dev good job Nullify! ::laughs::

Anyways, just so you know, you never scared me off Delt, sorry but I have never left Delt... So I dunno who you are remembering... Only time I have ever really played another server was when you and your ******* friends got the server shutdown. Now find something to talk about that actually truthful. Stop getting me to change the subject to argue with people about stupid events that in your case, never occured. You just got back from a 6 month trip, thank god you left we would of never gone up to the classical list again, and you are already starting trouble...

nullify
06-13-2005, 07:44 PM
I was on the top of the list because I continually agrued with the globals, not because of my abuse. :)

GoZelda
06-13-2005, 08:28 PM
hmm... I perfectly remember when Delteria got shutdown because of abusive staff and the globals made a list of all the staff who were abusive... Was it not you that was at the very top because alls you do is abuse? You would be a great Developerif you actually did something good for Delteria instead of your damn self. Alls you did was make abusive NPC's that only you and a few other abusive staff got, day after day, after day... You probably made 50 or so of those yet you only had time for like 4 NPCs that players got... Hmmm great Dev good job Nullify! ::laughs::
Abusive must be your favorite word, eh?

refinoheat2
06-14-2005, 02:52 PM
It could be... But either way nullify, are you denying that you were one of, if not the most abusive staff staff member on Delteria at the time?

Crono
06-14-2005, 03:01 PM
Abusive must be your favorite word, eh?

You missed an "abuse" :(

refinoheat2
06-14-2005, 03:03 PM
If you have heard it as much as I have on Delteria you would be saying it a lot to ;)

Matt
06-14-2005, 04:19 PM
Define 'abuse' in your own words. If you mean, making NPCs and having fun with them alot then that's just called fun. If he made NPCs for himself and not for Delteria then that's lazyness i guess you can say.

In my opinion abuse would be warpring people to different locations to annoy them.

WanDaMan
06-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Could you post the generated map from graal and not one that has been drawn?

GoZelda
06-14-2005, 05:54 PM
You missed an "abuse" :(
abuse != abusive

refinoheat2 It could be... But either way nullify, are you denying that you were one of, if not the most abusive staff staff member on Delteria at the time?
staff staff :D

nullify
06-15-2005, 02:23 AM
Rofl GoZelda :D
But in my defense, I made (and made publicly available) over 12 npc's. *sigh* arguing with Seltic is like telling your Grandmother that you aren't hungry. :(

Amagius
06-15-2005, 03:19 AM
Rofl GoZelda :D
But in my defense, I made (and made publicly available) over 12 npc's. *sigh* arguing with Seltic is like telling your Grandmother that you aren't hungry. :(

I'm usually saying I'm not hungry just so she'll stop asking. Never works.

nullify
06-15-2005, 03:55 AM
Exactly. :(

refinoheat2
06-15-2005, 06:27 AM
Ok... my definition of abuse from staff would be, anything staff does that disrupts players fun during the game... Thats basic I could go into more detail. But I would say making abusive NPC's that you can shoot at players and it kills them (and you then hold it down so as soon as they get up it kills them again)... he had a few of those, an plenty of other things that just pissed several players off... As for making 12 NPCs for Delt pff. w/e but he made way more abusive ones, and I know atleast 1 if not a few more of his NPC's he made from Delt were taken down because they broke graal rules... Like the ***** NPC he made... And Null, you only made a few NPCs that were for everyone on Delt, the other ones you say are for the players, were only for players you selected who could have them.

Oh and Delteria's current map can be found here... The numbers represent the quests. http://img.photobucket.com/album s/v232/leediana/DeltMap.jpg

nullify
06-15-2005, 07:01 AM
Ok... my definition of abuse from staff would be, anythign that disrupts players fun during the game... Thats basic I could go into more detail. But I would say making abusive NPC's that you can shoot at players and it kills them (and you then hold it down so as soon as they get up it kills them again)... he had a few of those, an plenty of other things that just pissed several players off... As for makign 12 NPCs for Delt pff. w/e but he made way more abusive ones, and I know atleast 1 if not a few more of his NPC's he made from Delt were taken down because they broke graal rules... Like the ***** NPC he made... And Null, you only made a few NPCs that were for everyone on Delt, the other ones yous ay are for the players, were only for players you selected who could have them. Oh and Delteria's current map can be found here... The numbers represent the quests. http://img.photobucket.com/album s/v232/leediana/DeltMap.jpg
I'd say the idiocy of that last "paragraph" rules in the favor of you being an idiot Seltic.

refinoheat2
06-15-2005, 03:55 PM
Oh I am hurt, you think I am an idiot, what will I do now... ::sarcasm::

Anyways, first Refino and now you, I am done with arguements. I started this topic for a reason, lets get back to it.

Matt
06-15-2005, 04:18 PM
Yes, please do so.

Anyway, will Delteria be improving their Class System? In my opinion the current Classes are'nt very creative, but not bad. It could use a little more improvements though.

refinoheat2
06-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Yes, will will be editing the class systems for the better, but I am pretty sure TUp said he would work on that after we have the overworld ready to go up.

LilNiglet
06-15-2005, 09:38 PM
1) Veracity didn't drive them out, it was a few people in Veracity that made a illegal NPC that allowed them to hear MHX's guild messages. Or so I am told... MHX claimed that it was unfair because they knew what they were doing in wars (which it was unfair) but my god, cry me a river.

Erm, what? Veracity never had any such NPC. I'd know, because I'm the only competent scripter in Veracity. We never had any NPC like that, and it'd be damned tough to make an efficently player-accessable NPC that does that.

Anyways, stop the arguing, people. take it to AIM or something.

We've made little progress in the last few days, mostly because I havn't seen Lil Thief. If he doesn't give us some kind of information to work from within the next few days, I'm just gonna say 'screw it' and begin work on my version of the overworld. He's taking way too long.

refinoheat2
06-16-2005, 02:09 AM
Tup they did have an NPC that did that... OR atleast someone did, I was pretty sure Refino told me high Veracity members, Tort and such...

bumbo
06-17-2005, 04:54 AM
Tup they did have an NPC that did that... OR atleast someone did, I was pretty sure Refino told me high Veracity members, Tort and such...
Acctually here is the lowdown with the NPC in question, as I am a Blood Reaver of the Hunters, and I was an Archon at the time we were on Delteria and left I am privy to the information at hand.

Calani created an NPC -tap that could be placed on anyone at anytime that would log any chat, including toguild information and placed it in the logs folder. Anyone with read access to the log folder could then open these logs and review any and all information that individual who was tapped had either chatted or toguild'd or toall'd. At the time Calani was a PWA, new to the crew and was interested in preserving Delteria as it seemed that Spark and houdini(not a dig at either) were interested in pretty much closing the whole server down. Calani designed this NPC (probably with good intentions in mind) to be able to track any potential hacker messages, etc. This NPC was placed on Zeromus and Refino and thier toguilds were (and as far as I know still are) recorded in a log file. These "Taps" were then mailciously used to harass the hunters as well as inform our enemies at the time (Veracity to name but one) of our plans for attacks and other such maneuvers. This was the final straw for us, as most of you can imagine years of torment from staff and players had taken it's toll on our conciousness.

Previous "abuse" included Tuppers little statues and trees blocking our entrance (Tupper you were the only one I remember by name but I know there were others who did it too.) Antrax liked to warp hunters to different points on the map as well as warp us mysterously to the hell level(not cool, it would do nothing but repeatedly kill you.) Staff and Veracity members blatently recolouring our gfx that members had designed over the years to suit thier needs (if the veracity gh is still up check out those strobe lights as well as the banners, and tell me they were not ripped.) There was the staff who liked to ignore the players and thier wishes (yes I was GP Chief and it led to me quitting) with such comments on RC as "We'll make the server the way we want, the players will just have to deal, we aren't designing this server for the players, I am designing this server for me."

All in all, I personally am glad we left, I loved the server when SP Agent was Server Manager, (no, not when SP was on an extended LOA) Back in the days of Maximus at the Helm, Zega, Cloven, SP, and Tangy Poptart backing him up. These are the days of Delteria I loved, not the times where we were battered and bashed down day in and day out. Not the days when wearing Hunter in your name meant you were automatically a laming, hacking *******. These were the days when you were proud to be a Delterian...But alas these days are gone as are the Hunters, if you want us back, sorry, it isn't going to happen. Hell when Zeromus and I were personally involved in negotiations with Sp Agent for our return the staff did nothing more than digitally spit on us. I don't feel as though Delteria has that spark anymore and I don't feel that the server should be resurected because as we all know it will do nothing more than take a nose dive as it has done so many times before.

I hope this little piece of insight from a high ranking hunter helps you to understand why it is we will never return. If it does not then I appologize for taking up so much of your valuable time.

-Lord Bumbo Hunter, Blood Reaver of the Kiith-Sa Hunter (MHX)

LilNiglet
06-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Acctually here is the lowdown with the NPC in question, as I am a Blood Reaver of the Hunters, and I was an Archon at the time we were on Delteria and left I am privy to the information at hand.

Calani created an NPC -tap that could be placed on anyone at anytime that would log any chat, including toguild information and placed it in the logs folder. Anyone with read access to the log folder could then open these logs and review any and all information that individual who was tapped had either chatted or toguild'd or toall'd. At the time Calani was a PWA, new to the crew and was interested in preserving Delteria as it seemed that Spark and houdini(not a dig at either) were interested in pretty much closing the whole server down. Calani designed this NPC (probably with good intentions in mind) to be able to track any potential hacker messages, etc. This NPC was placed on Zeromus and Refino and thier toguilds were (and as far as I know still are) recorded in a log file. These "Taps" were then mailciously used to harass the hunters as well as inform our enemies at the time (Veracity to name but one) of our plans for attacks and other such maneuvers. This was the final straw for us, as most of you can imagine years of torment from staff and players had taken it's toll on our conciousness.

I never saw any such NPC, nor did I ever hear of anyone ever using it. I've asked a few staff members about it, and even asked some of the leaders of guilds at the time. No NPC ever existed, nor could any NPC ever log toalls (they don't ever reach the chatfield). I don't understand all of these references to 'torment,' espically targetted specifically to MHX. The Hunters were undoubtedly the most powerful guild in existence at points in time on Delteria. You had the power to respond to said abuses, and from my experiences and observations, you did so with a vengance. You have no right to say that anyone drove you out of the server. This 'torment,' as you say, is nothing more than schoolyard insults, easily batted away. If you couldn't handle that bit of heat, then you probably were too weak to exist on Delteria.

Previous "abuse" included Tuppers little statues and trees blocking our entrance (Tupper you were the only one I remember by name but I know there were others who did it too.)

I created a table inside your guildhouse, and then removed it. That is all. I have never had any such tree or statue creating NPC.

Antrax liked to warp hunters to different points on the map as well as warp us mysterously to the hell level(not cool, it would do nothing but repeatedly kill you.) Staff and Veracity members blatently recolouring our gfx that members had designed over the years to suit thier needs (if the veracity gh is still up check out those strobe lights as well as the banners, and tell me they were not ripped.)

That was the purpose. In the RP sense of Delteria, after MHX moved out, Veracity took over the building and renovated it to our needs. In fact, the light effect scripts were not even made by a Hunter; the comments in the script say otherwise. We did indeed steal your guildhouse, but only because it was in a state of non-use. Before Tortoise had me take it offline, I had helped him modify it extensively. It had little to no similarity to the MHX guildhouse.

If you can recall, Veracity did not have their distinctive 'Aura' colorings when they came to Delteria initially. The only reason Tortoise ever decided on the color scheme (initially) was to contrast with the stark yellows, reds, and blacks of the Hunter garb. Veracity's purpose in attacking MHX, outside of the roleplaying aspect, was to act as a balancing force. It only made sense that they would recolor your graphics for their own use.

There was the staff who liked to ignore the players and thier wishes (yes I was GP Chief and it led to me quitting) with such comments on RC as "We'll make the server the way we want, the players will just have to deal, we aren't designing this server for the players, I am designing this server for me."

I agree with this. There have been a few arrogant staff members that thankfully are now gone.

All in all, I personally am glad we left, I loved the server when SP Agent was Server Manager, (no, not when SP was on an extended LOA) Back in the days of Maximus at the Helm, Zega, Cloven, SP, and Tangy Poptart backing him up. These are the days of Delteria I loved, not the times where we were battered and bashed down day in and day out. Not the days when wearing Hunter in your name meant you were automatically a laming, hacking *******. These were the days when you were proud to be a Delterian...But alas these days are gone as are the Hunters, if you want us back, sorry, it isn't going to happen. Hell when Zeromus and I were personally involved in negotiations with Sp Agent for our return the staff did nothing more than digitally spit on us. I don't feel as though Delteria has that spark anymore and I don't feel that the server should be resurected because as we all know it will do nothing more than take a nose dive as it has done so many times before.

I hope this little piece of insight from a high ranking hunter helps you to understand why it is we will never return. If it does not then I appologize for taking up so much of your valuable time.

We really don't want nor need you back. Indeed, guilds were a very good source of playercount, and still are. However, just because one guild leaves does not mean another cannot rise. We have several new guilds rising out of the ashes of Veracity and MHX, and with the new overworld\classes, even more people are joining us for a long-term stay. You seem to be placing way too much credit in your own hands. Delteria has had its ups and downs, but MHX is most definitely not the reason for our success. You had a hand in giving us a garunteed 25+ playercount back in the day, but those days are gone.

Wearing Hunter in your name never gave the meaning that you were a lamer\hacker\newbie. It certainly garnered respect from the new players as MHX was, to them, a huge organized guild that appeared to be dominating. It got respect from the other guilds due to their immense power, and from the Staff due to their huge amount of influence in both players and their own staff.

Again, we don't want you back. You make it seem like that we really do want you back, and yet I have seen little to no mention of the guild in the last few weeks. Delteria seems to be carrying on well (even better) without you, even if it is not your fault. I'm sorry to see you so pissed off for such immature and irrelevant reasons, but I suppose that is how it must be.

ANYWAYS, we have begun work on the overworld. I'm busy trying to get the levelgen to cooperate with me, and I'm trying to get a good size for the playerworld. I don't want to make it huge, but too small is also bad. I'm trying to approximate the size of old Delteria, since a few levels will be simply copied and pasted.

bumbo
06-18-2005, 12:34 AM
I never saw any such NPC, nor did I ever hear of anyone ever using it. I've asked a few staff members about it, and even asked some of the leaders of guilds at the time. No NPC ever existed, nor could any NPC ever log toalls (they don't ever reach the chatfield). I don't understand all of these references to 'torment,' espically targetted specifically to MHX. The Hunters were undoubtedly the most powerful guild in existence at points in time on Delteria. You had the power to respond to said abuses, and from my experiences and observations, you did so with a vengance. You have no right to say that anyone drove you out of the server. This 'torment,' as you say, is nothing more than schoolyard insults, easily batted away. If you couldn't handle that bit of heat, then you probably were too weak to exist on Delteria.

I have it on good authority that the NPC did indeed exist as the former manager was the one who removed it, I mean hell your by-monthly visits probably missed it.

I created a table inside your guildhouse, and then removed it. That is all. I have never had any such tree or statue creating NPC.

As I stated "(Tupper you were the only one I remember by name but I know there were others who did it too.) "

That was the purpose. In the RP sense of Delteria, after MHX moved out, Veracity took over the building and renovated it to our needs. In fact, the light effect scripts were not even made by a Hunter; the comments in the script say otherwise. We did indeed steal your guildhouse, but only because it was in a state of non-use. Before Tortoise had me take it offline, I had helped him modify it extensively. It had little to no similarity to the MHX guildhouse.

If you can recall, Veracity did not have their distinctive 'Aura' colorings when they came to Delteria initially. The only reason Tortoise ever decided on the color scheme (initially) was to contrast with the stark yellows, reds, and blacks of the Hunter garb. Veracity's purpose in attacking MHX, outside of the roleplaying aspect, was to act as a balancing force. It only made sense that they would recolor your graphics for their own use.

The lighting effects were created for us by a friend and a former Hunter, Dema. You want to inform him on Babylon that his NPCs were being used by non-hunters, you go right ahead. And as far as I know theft of gfx is theft of gfx. Under your ideology I should go into the Louvre and steal the Mona Lisa and recolour it to allow me to call it my own.

Anyways, I have made my points and they are valid to those concerned, anyone who wants to play Delteria go for it(providing you are not a hunter because we don't want our info leaked). I am not trying to dissuade anyone but I'll give you fair warning that they have monitored messages before and they can do it again very easily.

-Lord Bumbo Hunter, Blood Reaver of the Kiith-Sa Hunter (MHX)

RefinoheaT
06-18-2005, 12:38 AM
It did exist. It may not have logged toalls and stuff like that, but it existed. I remember the occurance quite clearly. I logged on RC and noticed everything Zeromus saying was being repeated by the NPC Server. When I informed Zeromus about this, Dys put it on me. Now, there were two NPCs, -tap and -tap2. One of them created a log file, and one of them repeated it in RC Chat. Zeromus had both, I only had the repeat into RC Chat one. After Dys put it on me, he removed my rights to set player attributes or to set my own attributes. However, I ended up removing it from myself using a staff NPC.

If I recall correctly, you, among other Delterian Staff (ie: Kirby, Jazzy) had an NPC that would lay lamps. I believe that is what Bumbo was referring to.

As Bumbo said, Dema made them. He plays on Babylon as "Silent" if you wish to contact him about it. He basically scripted everything in the nexus, at least the one that was on Delteria.

We really don't want nor need you back. Indeed, guilds were a very good source of playercount, and still are. However, just because one guild leaves does not mean another cannot rise. We have several new guilds rising out of the ashes of Veracity and MHX, and with the new overworld\classes, even more people are joining us for a long-term stay. You seem to be placing way too much credit in your own hands. Delteria has had its ups and downs, but MHX is most definitely not the reason for our success. You had a hand in giving us a garunteed 25+ playercount back in the day, but those days are gone.

Maybe you and some other fellow former Veracity members don't want us back, but heh, that's not my position to judge.

Before anyone flames me about what I've posted, it was just meant to help clear up the truth. That's all.

-Refino

LilNiglet
06-18-2005, 06:49 AM
It did exist. It may not have logged toalls and stuff like that, but it existed. I remember the occurance quite clearly. I logged on RC and noticed everything Zeromus saying was being repeated by the NPC Server. When I informed Zeromus about this, Dys put it on me. Now, there were two NPCs, -tap and -tap2. One of them created a log file, and one of them repeated it in RC Chat. Zeromus had both, I only had the repeat into RC Chat one. After Dys put it on me, he removed my rights to set player attributes or to set my own attributes. However, I ended up removing it from myself using a staff NPC.

I had no recollection of it, and no NPC exists today. If something like that ever showed up today, it'd be removed without question.

If I recall correctly, you, among other Delterian Staff (ie: Kirby, Jazzy) had an NPC that would lay lamps. I believe that is what Bumbo was referring to.

We do. HOWEVER, I made the NPC after MHX left.

Maybe you and some other fellow former Veracity members don't want us back, but heh, that's not my position to judge.

Little to no Veracity members play anymore. Nobody else even knows what MHX is; most of our players are fairly new.

I have it on good authority that the NPC did indeed exist as the former manager was the one who removed it, I mean hell your by-monthly visits probably missed it.

If it did, I didn't know about it, and it sure as hell wouldn't have existed long under my knowledge. And I'm on Delteria nearly all the time I can spare, although its only on RC, working on scripts. Please don't assume how long I am on Delteria when you yourself do not log on at all.

The lighting effects were created for us by a friend and a former Hunter, Dema. You want to inform him on Babylon that his NPCs were being used by non-hunters, you go right ahead. And as far as I know theft of gfx is theft of gfx. Under your ideology I should go into the Louvre and steal the Mona Lisa and recolour it to allow me to call it my own.

The Hunter graphics are CERTAINLY NOT Leonardo de Vinci's work, or even approach the quality. The world will not end if we take some graphics, and modify them. They don't even look the same. No graphics of MHX's were ported directly over with a simple color change; they were completely reworked. They simply used them as a template.

Anyways, I have made my points and they are valid to those concerned, anyone who wants to play Delteria go for it(providing you are not a hunter because we don't want our info leaked). I am not trying to dissuade anyone but I'll give you fair warning that they have monitored messages before and they can do it again very easily.

The staff who has 'monitored messages' in the past are long gone, and nobody online is capable of doing any such thing other than myself (and I trust you to assume that I will not do any such thing :rolleyes: )

Anyways, Bumbo, I know I am being a hypocrite here, but please stop arguing. These things are in the past and do not matter anymore.

Mykel
06-18-2005, 07:18 AM
No one cares about Delteria on the global forums. Make new Delteria forums. Fight there.

LilNiglet
06-18-2005, 07:11 PM
No one cares about Delteria on the global forums. Make new Delteria forums. Fight there.
^was thinking this while I was typing it out.

I miss the Delteria forums :frown:

refinoheat2
06-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Wow... I missed a lot over my small vacation, then internet problems...

Well I will just address the few small things I have knowledge of,

1) Yes the said -tap thing did exist, although I never saw it in action, I was aware of it being there. Although we know how I feel about many of the hunters rules ;) I, like Tupper, would of objected to such action if I was staff at the time. Sadely, I found out about it, after it was to late.

2) bumbo, you said we could do it again, yes we probably could, but like Tupper said, we have gotten ride of most of, if not all of the corrupt staff. Even I have noticed a change in people I used to believe to be some of Delts greatest problems, Dys, meeks. After a warning from globals I haven't seen to much problems conflicting from them, so as for the abuse, it is pretty much gone.

3) I can only hope this new OW does help Delt, giving players something to do besides idle and talk to people :/ But, this will only be a start, we will need to continue getting new things and events that will keep people wanted to play, this OW will help, but we are gonig to need to keep at it, to restore Delt to its glory.

4) Hunters are long gone, there is probably very little chance they will ever return. But again, like tupper said, I was disappointed when I first found out why the hunters would put a ban on a server. I was disappointed that they would leave because of a little -tap thing and some little insults you get here and there. Being the biggest guild out there, of course you are gonig to get insults, get over it, smaller guilds/enemy guild are going to insult you either because they are probably jelous you beat them in war, or something else you did that prooves you are better then them in that certain skill... But running away for a few little insults, thats sad. And that whole, "we were helpless" thing is also some bs. Hunters made up a good portion of the Delterian staff team, it had the ability to object to abuse, and it did at many points. But Zeromus wasn't so bad at abusing himself ;) In the long run, I was amazed that you had such control over your members on a game that they would leave a server they loved just because Zeromus told them to... I found that rather pitiful on thier part, but I did find it amusing at the power you contained to make such an action work.

5) I think what Tup said was true, now that the abusive staff are either fired, or have been convinced to stop and return to actually helping Delteria, we can focus more on working to improve instead of having to deal with retards doing stupid things every 5 minutes.

6) We do need our forums back, they were a great help. I wouldn't even mind getting some paid for ones if I actually thought they would be used. I am not that good at setting up forums but if anyone is and cares to help, let me know. I probably would be willing to get us some nice ones if I believe Delterians would be active on them once again.

Sorry for this long, drawn out post, I also do not mean to start an arguement in anyway, I am just stating what I wistness happen or how I feel on matters being discussed.

Edit: Tupper has LT informed you on his OW...? He doesn't seem to want any help on it, but what he doesn't realize is, if you worked together you could get it done a lot faster instead of making two different ones :(

Silent
06-25-2005, 12:59 AM
As Bumbo said, Dema made them. He plays on Babylon as "Silent" if you wish to contact him about it.
Those fancy light pillars are modified from a script that someone else created (I forget who, sorry).
I don't like them much anyway, they lag my poor little PC :frown:

He basically scripted everything in the nexus, at least the one that was on Delteria.
The Babylon nexus (not the current one) was my creation, but the layout (and probably some scripts) were changed for the Delteria one.

LilNiglet
06-29-2005, 05:03 AM
Edit: Tupper has LT informed you on his OW...? He doesn't seem to want any help on it, but what he doesn't realize is, if you worked together you could get it done a lot faster instead of making two different ones :(

LT is almost never online, its very annoying. I can't contact him to get his levels or anything.

refinoheat2
06-29-2005, 06:29 AM
oic. He is normally only on in the morning, since he is in England I believe. Which is like when you are never on so :/

ChibiChibiLuc
06-29-2005, 06:35 AM
Wtf he told me he was from Winnipeg. ;[

FROboy
06-29-2005, 06:39 AM
Actually I see him on at night now.. not in the morning or day

BaronNightmare
06-29-2005, 07:24 AM
LT is on pretty much all day everyday... I see him Morning, afternoon, evening.. overnight....

and yes he is from Winnepeg......

refinoheat2
06-29-2005, 03:55 PM
oic... but he is only active early in the morning... After awhile he always goes afk.

MKxTortoise
06-29-2005, 11:08 PM
This is a great thread. This thread is so great that I may actually start giving it to my guild members to read as a form of punishment.

I've been asked by a few people to add to this thread so I'm going to. This is one of my few posts on these horrible forums and if you want my actual opinion, come get it where Darlene159 and the other winners can't take it: AIM.

First of all, Seltic, buddy, I don't know where you're getting these crazy ideas about you being Delteria's savior but you're not. If I recall correctly you're a GP. In fact I think you were the GP who got my position after I was forcibly fired by Houdiniman, Protagonist, Calani, and the other global admins. That said, at what point did you think you should start acting as Dev Admin? Furthermore, what the hell do you think you know about messing with playercount? No overworld will change anything. They messed with UNs overworld and they actually dropped in playercount. No classes will change anything. Using NPCWs is perceived as lame and only newbies do it. After the oldbies laugh at them enough they will leave.

Truthfully all that has happened to Delteria is the formation of a third generation gap. The difference is the second generation rode in with Veracity and forcefully joined the server. The third generation has no way of merging with the first or second. Given that, the only way to attract players is to have first and second generation Delterians return, or have talented players form a third generation wave which can actually contend with the current players. This is not impossible and actually started to happen when Kurse and Brett frequented the server, but broke down when Kurse left for college.

Where does the third generation form? The polite way of saying it - the way that wont get me banned from these forums - is that it formed after a series of catastrophies that were, more or less, not the fault of the management at all. Darsax was an entirely competent manager, and the fact that he felt he had to quit last night is unfortunate. Some of these catastrophies include:
*Azuretek deleting the Delteria forums
*On and off banning of Veracity
*Departure of MHX
*The three-week removal of Delteria from the classic tab

Altogether, those four problems account for a population loss of around 50. About half of that is due to the last two. However, what Zeromus and other MHX officials do not like to admit is that the departure of MHX was only successful due to Houdiniman's efforts at getting Delteria shut down. Consider the following posts from the comcenter:
Go to Delteria.

You will recieve ONE warning to leave the server, and then you will be kicked out without any opportunity to be readmitted.

If you have already been warned once, I don't care if you get on a week later, you'll still be kicked immediately.

Go to Delteria, you get booted. End of story.

-Zeromus

The quickest way to get booted?, Posted by "hunternexus" at mhx.moonfruit.com
According to 4-year administrator Dysangelist, the removal of Delteria from the classic tab happened around the same time Zeromus made this announcement:
XdysangeliumX: i think it was around november or december
XdysangeliumX: because it was around the same time the delt forums went down
XdysangeliumX: and i remember the delt forums going down a few weeks before my birthday

I'll readily admit that the Kiith-sa Hunter unit was about 1/3rd of the Delterian population. I'll also admit that Kiith-sa Hunter vs. Veracity constantly going on made Delteria a very attractive place to play. However, without "assistance" from the global admins, it is unlikely that MHX would've been able to leave without turnover and the creation of a spliner guild: this happened before on Babylon. Additionally, after Babylon was removed from the classic list, the server pretty much died. This is just history repeating itself.

No playercount loss is the fault of the developers or server management. In fact, management and staff members have always worked well to make Delteria a fun place to play. It is, instead, the fault of the global administration that Delteria continues to spiral downward in terms of playercount. In fact, last night, our server manager DarSax quit his position due to the following message left by Houdiniman, a PWA:
# Darsax please contact as early as possible to discuss terms
# for Delteria keeping it's Classic status, or to set up a
# payment plan for private mode. -HoudiniMan
There is no reason to continually blame the great staff team Delteria possesses when the problem lies elsewhere.

ChibiChibiLuc
06-29-2005, 11:16 PM
I think HoudiniMan should be banned from Delteria.
He obviously has a personal problem with the server, due to past events.
On top of that, he seems to 'stalk' me. Whenever I do something wrong or make a mistake, Houdini pops up out of nowhere to 'warn' me. If his 'warnings' mean't anything, I'd have been global'd atleast a dozen times by now.
:( He insults my scripting ability.

Boo. Down with HoudiniMan.

-Rolls out the carpet for Moonie.-

refinoheat2
06-29-2005, 11:24 PM
I would never be any good at a Dev Admin... I made this to just give updates, since many people were asking wtf happened to Delt, nothing new is comnig out of it. So that was the point of this thread. As you can see, it wen't downhill : /

Hiro
06-30-2005, 12:11 AM
Kurse joined the army. He's using his dancing Graal skills to dodge the bullets. :D

Houdini's problems with Delteria tend to go over to Charm. I don't know the whole story, but whenever I read any of the Houdini vs. Veracity/MHX Charm is usually mentioned.

Andy0687
06-30-2005, 12:49 AM
stuff

I agree with the problem lieing in Playerworld Administration, that has always been graals weakness, its poor staff team.

People are spending loads of money on this game, and really not getting much out of it, and the people who arent spending money at first, to keep the other players happy and spending money (maybe?) are getting screwed.

Matt
06-30-2005, 01:03 AM
I think HoudiniMan should be banned from Delteria.
He obviously has a personal problem with the server, due to past events.
On top of that, he seems to 'stalk' me. Whenever I do something wrong or make a mistake, Houdini pops up out of nowhere to 'warn' me. If his 'warnings' mean't anything, I'd have been global'd atleast a dozen times by now.
If you have a problem with him and his actions you might as well just contact a Graal Admin. Posting your issues with him in a thread won't do anything.

He insults my scripting ability.
There's nothing wrong with criticism.

refinoheat2
06-30-2005, 01:45 AM
I don't think our globals are that bad. But I do think we need more of them. There isn't enough to do what needs to be done. We could use some ones that speak better English as well ;)

bumbo
06-30-2005, 01:45 AM
In fact, last night, our server manager DarSax quit his position due to the following message left by Houdiniman, a PWA:
Quote:
# Darsax please contact as early as possible to discuss terms
# for Delteria keeping it's Classic status, or to set up a
# payment plan for private mode. -HoudiniMan

You know, if you want to keep your server alive, I am more than certain Zeromus would be willing to take over as manager and we'd be willing to pay to keep 'er alive. :)

-Lord Bumbo Hunter, Blood Reaver of the Kiith-Sa

Crono
06-30-2005, 01:49 AM
As much as I hate tortoise he's right :/

Matt
06-30-2005, 01:56 AM
Has Delteria tried making some sort of 'pact' with Zeromous?

refinoheat2
06-30-2005, 02:01 AM
Rofl no ;)

I would gladly give them enough for 3 servers before that happened : )

I have no problems with most of the people in MHX, but Zeromus as Server Manager, rofl no.

Matt
06-30-2005, 02:07 AM
Alot of Delterians have even agreed that losing MHX is one of the factors that Delteria's playercount has decreased.

Why not just work something out? x.x Is it really worth letting Delteria die when you can just work something out?

refinoheat2
06-30-2005, 02:17 AM
I would be happy to have MHX back... When Con got on for a few minutes the other day, I was talking to him. He is a cool guy. But I wouldn't want Zeromus as Manager... Plus, he doesn't even play graal anymore? But thier is no doubt MHX did hold a lot of Delts playercount, and a lot left a long with it.

MKxTortoise
06-30-2005, 04:17 AM
This post is direct from DarSax. I was asked to post it for him.
So I can see that you all obiviously have no idea what you're talking about as far as MHX coming back goes. About, I have no idea how long ago, say, 3 months? ago I was invited to I think N-Pulse to meet with MHX. Included was Con/Smooth, Zeromus himself (ohmy!) and I think Refino was there. After raving on for three minutes about dignity (I say raving for a reason, I have a screenshot which unfortunately I can't find immediately and am too lazy to look for, of Zeromus saying "our DIGNITY." But that's the besides the point. MHX was very nice, and very condescending, about how they were the only help for Delteria, and they truly wanted to come back. There was only one problem--compensation, or as I like to put it, appeasement. They want a high staff position, somewhere between the heads of the divisions and a Server Admin (now me, heh), to quote "make sure that nothing bad happens to the hunters." (not a direct quote of course, but for their idea). And, if I remember correctly, they also wanted Hunters hired for other staff positions, just to be hired.

I politely told them to go to hell. Everyone screams when a Veracity member is supposedly given a staff job "simply because he's in Veracity!" but this is all right.

Hell no. I won't sacrifice Delteria's dignity to get MHX back. And I sure as hell hope no one ever does.

refinoheat2
06-30-2005, 04:51 AM
<3
::agrees with dar::

If MHX wants to return great, they aren't banned from staff, but like everyone else, they need to earn it. You don't just get a job. I hope our staff are not that helpless =)

Amagius
06-30-2005, 04:57 AM
This post is direct from DarSax. I was asked to post it for him.

Wow. I am now unimpressed with us.

Secondly, Tortoise, you aren't allowed to post things for other people. Just saying.

MKxTortoise
06-30-2005, 05:19 AM
Wow. I am now unimpressed with us.

Secondly, Tortoise, you aren't allowed to post things for other people. Just saying.
If they want to edit my post and say that unless a Manager pays extra he can't voice his opinions they can go ahead; it'll speak many times louder than both of my posts did anyway

Amagius
06-30-2005, 05:24 AM
If they want to edit my post and say that unless a Manager pays extra he can't voice his opinions they can go ahead; it'll speak many times louder than both of my posts did anyway

Classic accounts can post. I was simply saying the forum rules; no need to get defensive over it.

refinoheat2
06-30-2005, 05:44 AM
Yea they can post. 3 times every 24 hours... And unless it changed, you can only use one post every 8 hours or so...

MKxTortoise
06-30-2005, 08:38 AM
Classic accounts can post. I was simply saying the forum rules; no need to get defensive over it.
I would've never guessed that seeing as how the header is Graal Communication Center (reserved for gold and vip subscribers). Literacy is overrated I guess.

I wasn't flaming you though and I passed it along to Darsax anyway