PDA

View Full Version : Zone Wars: Report Thread

Gambet
05-24-2005, 04:55 AM
Report ALL glitches/bugs you find in this map. Also, post up any suggestions or ideas you may have on making the map better. If you've suggested a few things to me already, then please do not repost your idea/suggestion, for I have already jotted them down. This thread will help both Stefan and myself come up with ways on improving the map for you all.

Dreth
05-24-2005, 05:24 AM
Either it's my computer, or Zone Wars is lagging so you can't see the bikes when people are on them.
Maybe you could have a few less trees on the Dark's side...

Googi
05-24-2005, 05:40 AM
There's the same bug as on Iricia where people can use weapons while still using the bike to absorb damage.

SayianOozaru
05-24-2005, 06:06 AM
XD goodi that's not a lag/glitch, they made it like that :( so now whenever some noob trys to lmae me like that, i take out my pipebomb, AND BLOW THEM INTO DUST^^

p2p_Sir_Link
05-24-2005, 01:31 PM
There's the same bug as on Iricia where people can use weapons while still using the bike to absorb damage.

Do you have the NPC-Server on ignore or something? Check it's message sometime, you're supposed to be able to do that.

Gambet
05-25-2005, 12:59 AM
Either it's my computer, or Zone Wars is lagging so you can't see the bikes when people are on them.
Maybe you could have a few less trees on the Dark's side...

Use graal version 3, it's lag free.

Dreth
05-25-2005, 02:37 AM
Ya know, I have Windows, and according to teh page thingie, it only has 2.3 out

Gambet
05-25-2005, 02:39 AM
Ya know, I have Windows, and according to teh page thingie, it only has 2.3 out

You have to run setup, and when it gets to the list of files you wish to keep/skip, make sure you keep all Graal 3D files, and you'll get v3.

xManiamaNx
05-25-2005, 04:48 AM
Good luck getting Graal3 to work, It is quite unstable in my opinion.

Gambet
05-25-2005, 05:08 AM
I always use it while playing on Zone Wars and while sparring on classic servers.

pacMASTA
05-27-2005, 03:56 PM
I believe zone wars braught zone back to life now we just need clone helms, and armor and empire helms, and armor, and maybe o_o the Rebelion helms and armor rofl

Rick
05-28-2005, 01:50 PM
There is a bug where a player can get in/out of the mech fast and end up being a player with vehicle HP (can use normal weapons, etc). This unbalances the game considerably.

Also consider making explosions hurt your teammates + penalize for TK. Players keep spamming pipebombs to defend (mostly dark side).

Crono
05-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Also consider making explosions hurt your teammates + penalize for TK. Players keep spamming pipebombs to defend (mostly dark side).

Hell, if it is very close it should hurt the one using them as well, but not teamates. Because people will abuse it regardless of the penalties.

Gambet
05-28-2005, 05:56 PM
There is a bug where a player can get in/out of the mech fast and end up being a player with vehicle HP (can use normal weapons, etc). This unbalances the game considerably.

Yes, these bugs trouble me, but I can't do anything about it. We just have to sit back and wait for Stefan to get on and fix it.

maximus_asinus
05-28-2005, 05:59 PM
use the force my young one. Will Stefan to log on. then use the jedi mind trick to trick him into giving you level5 RC

Gambet
05-28-2005, 07:01 PM
use the force my young one. Will Stefan to log on. then use the jedi mind trick to trick him into giving you level5 RC

I don't care about rights, I just care about things getting done. I'm fine with the rights I have.

Rick
05-28-2005, 07:14 PM
It is also notable that the Dark Side is too easily spawnkilled when there are 2 - 3 people in their base with plasma sabers.

Rick
05-28-2005, 08:28 PM
If you press S+D in rapid succession on the Blue Rifle, you can very often not fire anything and use up 10 plasma cells.

Gambet
05-28-2005, 08:56 PM
If you press S+D in rapid succession on the Blue Rifle, you can very often not fire anything and use up 10 plasma cells.

Why would someone press S+D rapidly while using the Blue Rifle anyways?

Rick
05-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Why would someone press S+D rapidly while using the Blue Rifle anyways?Switching between firing modes (fire a burst, then fire the "blast"). I guess I made it sound like I was jamming the buttons.

Crono
05-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Wow im sure this is a nice and balanced way to use mech.

Nice abuse of bugs too.

Googi
05-28-2005, 11:36 PM
Sometimes when I try to use a Mech, the mech just dissappears and I suddenly have mech health and can just go around pwning everyone with pipebomb by walking up to them since their plasmasabres hardly do anything when I have, like, 500hp.

Rick
05-29-2005, 02:01 AM
(Googi / Gerami):
That is both parts of the bug I was talking about.

Gerami, that guy is still abusing right now... :<

Admins
05-29-2005, 02:39 AM
Hmmm there are a few thins that could be improved I guess:

- the detection for if someone is still in a vehicle has been lightened so that people can use the hoverbikes easier (it was often dropping you from it before if you were lagging). Problem is that sometimes the server doesnt notice that you are not using the mech anymore; you are then basicly in a mech but can walk around. I will need to do something against that.

- Mechs and vehicles should be reset when the round is over, would be good for Iricia too I guess. For mechs that would mean even if you manage to glitch it through some wall, in the next round it is back to normal again

- It can be made so that you can hit Mechs from higher distance (since they are bigger).

- Entering the base of the dark side should be harder, there should be some way for the dark side to prevent light side from entering too easily

Rick
05-29-2005, 03:26 AM
or Zone Wars is lagging so you can't see the bikes when people are on them. This problem both exists in Graal2 and Graal4 for me. Dunno about Graal3.

Gambet
05-29-2005, 05:05 AM
Yes, happens in Graal3 also.

Admins
05-29-2005, 11:28 PM
Ok I think the vehicle glitch is fixed, also the vehicles are now reset when a round is over (new landmines for the bikes too), and you can attack mechs more easy now. Still need to do some level editing to make the thing more interesting, please post ideas here. I think of expanding the dark side base to make it easier to protect, and add "tunnels" where the mech needs to go through if it wants to go to the light side base.

Crono
05-29-2005, 11:57 PM
To be honest, Stefan, I like the map the way it is. It's kinda easy for mechs to attack light, but the same goes for light attacking darkside.

Dreth
05-30-2005, 05:17 AM
To be honest, Stefan, I like the map the way it is. It's kinda easy for mechs to attack light, but the same goes for light attacking darkside.
I wouldnt be so sure...
Its not easy for lights when people without mechs are guarding the power like wolves or coyotes(however it's speeled x.x) their kill. And if you get 5 people in mechs, they can ransack light's base for more than it's worth.
Tunnels are a good idea, but then it would be too easy to freeze mechs when they come out.

someonesomewhere
06-15-2005, 08:46 AM
I have a problem; sometimes I will get in a mech, and I will immediately face forward and be unable to move. The first time this happened, I was killed, and I noticed I had mech HP. After that, I tried using the jetpack and was able to move until I landed. I relogged and found that there was a mech where I had logged off, so I am guessing that I was in the mech, but something happened.
And on a side note, the balance of teams just depends on how many people are on and on which team they are on, because the teams don't reset after every match.
Edit: Some pics I took to see if anyone can fix it.

Blackdragon
06-16-2005, 02:01 AM
OK you want a bug i got a bug a big bug and its a hacker heres his account Gambet want me to trace him and find out where he leaves then graal people can sue hes said sue me so i said ok i will LOL heres his account if you want to do something about him TheGodOfZone yeah i think he had that name since he died triice since hes a hacker

Magadal
06-16-2005, 03:33 PM
TheGodOfZone yeah i think he had that name

yea i know him hes a stupid noob...but i can kill him easily lol...but its hard if he uses the syringe because he has unlimited energy and is very fast...

Gambet
06-16-2005, 07:02 PM
I'll check into it.

smurfmidgetninja
06-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Omfg I Know You Hax! Im Gonna Tell The Admin! Leave Now Before I Tell The Admin! Omg I Know You Hax Leave Now! Aiieeeee