PDA

View Full Version : Update: New Sabre Colors

Gambet
05-21-2005, 05:09 AM
The plasma sabre has been recolored, and now, the color of your sabre will vary depending on your rank.

System works as such:

4,000-9,999 exp = green
10,000-19,999 exp = blue
20,000-49,999 exp = purple
50,000 exp and above = red

As of now I don't believe there is a difference as far as stats per sabre. Only difference is the color. Maybe in some later date, we could possible change the stats between each sabre slightly or so.

EDIT:

Suggestion:

Maybe after someone passes an exp mark, when they go to equip their sabre, they can choose which color they want to use?

Example(s):

Situation 1:

If Billy Joe has 49,000 exp, and then Billy Joe gains over 1,000 exp, and let's say he now has 52,000 exp. Well, this would mean that when Billy Joe goes to equip his plasma sabre, he would be able to choose from green, blue, purple, and the red color, since he's passed every exp mark.

Situation 2:

If Bob has 9,800 exp, and he plays for a bit, then reaches 10,200 exp, well, this means that he wouldve passed the second exp mark. Which means that when he goes to equip his sabre, he will be able to choose from green or blue, so those are the only marks he has passed.

xAndrewx
05-21-2005, 09:38 AM
I don't like the choosing sabre, It just doesn't sound 'cool' o_o.
Try with different statistics, like an element to each one.
Green being Earth.
Blue Water
Red Fire etc.

Crono
05-21-2005, 12:11 PM
I dont like choosing nor the element thing.

Gambet
05-21-2005, 05:34 PM
I make suggestions based on what the players want, and most of the time, they've been pming me asking me if they could use other colors also.

Crono
05-21-2005, 07:20 PM
I make suggestions based on what the players want, and most of the time, they've been pming me asking me if they could use other colors also.

Well...I guess if the players want to.

maximus_asinus
05-22-2005, 05:22 PM
If some type of AP system were to be introduced, you could have the sabre change color depending on the AP. Granted, this sounds a lot like Star Wars, but an interesting idea.

Gambet
05-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Zone will not use an AP system x-x

maximus_asinus
05-23-2005, 12:22 AM
Zone will not use an AP system x-x
The AP wouldn't have any effect on anything. It could influence the color of their name or sword color, but it'd stop there.

Gambet
05-23-2005, 12:34 AM
The AP wouldn't have any effect on anything. It could influence the color of their name or sword color, but it'd stop there.

We already have a saber system, we don't need to add an AP system.

maximus_asinus
05-23-2005, 12:57 AM
We already have a saber system, we don't need to add an AP system.
Its because someone else suggested it and it wasn't you. I know it!

Gambet
05-23-2005, 12:59 AM
Its because someone else suggested it and it wasn't you. I know it!

Or maybe, just maybe, your idea is not very good at all and would require extra work for no reason.

maximus_asinus
05-23-2005, 01:01 AM
Or maybe, just maybe, your idea is not very good at all and would require extra work for no reason.
or maybe my idea would have room for further customization? Yes it would actually, and it'd require less scripting in the long run.

Gambet
05-23-2005, 01:10 AM
How could it require less scripting, when the current system is already scripted? You make no sense at all. Anyways, this idea wouldn't be added anyways.

Magadal
05-23-2005, 02:47 PM
The plasma sabre has been recolored, and now, the color of your sabre will vary depending on your rank.

System works as such:

4,000-9,999 exp = green
10,000-19,999 exp = blue
20,000-49,999 exp = purple
50,000 exp and above = red

As of now I don't believe there is a difference as far as stats per sabre. Only difference is the color. Maybe in some later date, we could possible change the stats between each sabre slightly or so.

EDIT:

Suggestion:

Maybe after someone passes an exp mark, when they go to equip their sabre, they can choose which color they want to use?

Example(s):

Situation 1:

If Billy Joe has 49,000 exp, and then Billy Joe gains over 1,000 exp, and let's say he now has 52,000 exp. Well, this would mean that when Billy Joe goes to equip his plasma sabre, he would be able to choose from green, blue, purple, and the red color, since he's passed every exp mark.

Situation 2:

If Bob has 9,800 exp, and he plays for a bit, then reaches 10,200 exp, well, this means that he wouldve passed the second exp mark. Which means that when he goes to equip his sabre, he will be able to choose from green or blue, so those are the only marks he has passed.

booooooring....just upload something interesting

Admins
05-23-2005, 03:01 PM
Well it's good way to show your strength without requiring that team members look at your profile?

Dreth
05-23-2005, 03:27 PM
Well it's good way to show your strength without requiring that team members look at your profile?
Sure would, not to mention it would look real neat.
I mean, COME ON PEOPLE!!! GREEN IS SO BORING AFTER A WHILE!
I like the idea myself...

maximus_asinus
05-23-2005, 03:40 PM
If it was based off the AP you'd have multiple colors. I am sure you can change the sword image colors via scripting to make it match the AP color.

Crono
05-23-2005, 07:03 PM

yup

Dreth
05-24-2005, 03:48 AM
If it was based off the AP you'd have multiple colors. I am sure you can change the sword image colors via scripting to make it match the AP color.
Hmmmm, AP colors... That would OWN!
Too bad you'd have to probably get either
A) An extremely complex script puttin AP oin but only the bar, no effrect, and then connecting it with the saber, or
B) It's a simple script that just puts the bar back, erases if (ap=40) {crap} (hey, i dont script, so, yeah)
and has it so if the AP is 0 The green saber gfx is replaced by black and gold(?) saber gfx.
Right? :redface:

Gambet
05-24-2005, 03:52 AM
Adding AP would force in rescripting most systems. Besides, the whole point of the different color sabers is that you have to work your way to the rank to get to that color.

I'm not trying to say this is a horrible idea, it just isn't good for the point that we are at right now.

Googi
05-24-2005, 05:41 AM
It doesn't really make sense to have AP on a war server.

zim5354
05-24-2005, 05:51 AM
you should be able to unlock colors and chose the one you want becuse i really like blue but i wont be able to use it soon.

pacMASTA
05-24-2005, 05:54 AM

Well its gonna get dumb friends will just lame each other ona empty planet so they can have a cool colored saber, and its not hard to kill for exp just throw mines everywere

you should be able to unlock colors and chose the one you want becuse i really like blue but i wont be able to use it soon.

Thats a good idea too :D

Gambet
05-25-2005, 01:08 AM
Well its gonna get dumb friends will just lame each other ona empty planet so they can have a cool colored saber, and its not hard to kill for exp just throw mines everywere

Do you think this was not thought of when scripting the system?

What do you think bounty is for?

Bounty = What you are worth, both money wise and exp wise, when you die. This means that if you get a friend to get on and you lame him over and over again, then he will only have 0 bounty, so the person laming will recieve 0 money and 0 exp per kill.

maximus_asinus
05-25-2005, 01:10 AM
Do you think this was not thought of when scripting the system?

What do you think bounty is for?

Bounty = What you are worth, both money wise and exp wise, when you die. This means that if you get a friend to get on and you lame him over and over again, then he will only have 0 bounty, so the person laming will recieve 0 money and 0 exp per kill.
So you get one other person involved and kill each other?

Gambet
05-25-2005, 02:57 AM
So you get one other person involved and kill each other?

That would take a rather long time. Besides, if you cheat your way to high ranks, then you won't have much to do on Zone anymore, thus making the server boring. The whole point is to go against others and improve you skill and have fun, while you try to beat everyone elses high scores :).

maximus_asinus
05-25-2005, 03:08 AM
That would take a rather long time. Besides, if you cheat your way to high ranks, then you won't have much to do on Zone anymore, thus making the server boring. The whole point is to go against others and improve you skill and have fun, while you try to beat everyone elses high scores :).
It'd be fun to cheat and make impossible to beat high scores and watch everyone get mad.

Blackdragon
05-30-2005, 05:53 PM
I say we need to add a new color black saber guys 80k and above is black saber

Dreth
06-01-2005, 12:09 AM
I say we need to add a new color black saber guys 80k and above is black saber
That sounds like an idea, but, its hard to have black glow...

maximus_asinus
06-01-2005, 12:25 AM
Adding AP would force in rescripting most systems. Besides, the whole point of the different color sabers is that you have to work your way to the rank to get to that color.

I'm not trying to say this is a horrible idea, it just isn't good for the point that we are at right now.
Sorry about not paying attention and missing this, there would be barely any rescripting as zone uses a custom hit detection and HP system. You'd only have to add something to decrease AP on kills, which I'd assume wouldn't be more then a line or two of coding.

MasterNuke
06-01-2005, 06:24 AM
AP system? What would be the point? All you do in Zone is kill. O.o

Dreth
06-02-2005, 12:18 AM
AP system? What would be the point? All you do in Zone is kill. O.o
Have you not read the rest of that idea? anywho, mehbee you could reset AP each time you go to a planet, or log on, or mehbee it goes down from killing, then up so you would go from white to black and gold to gold...
*doubts it* prolly vewwy bad idea :\ x_x

Magadal
06-02-2005, 04:18 PM
That sounds like an idea, but, its hard to have black glow...

if (created) {
setimg light2.png
setzoomeffect .2;
setcoloreffect 1,1,1,.35;
seteffectmode 2;
}

black light....

Dreth
06-03-2005, 05:33 AM
if (created) {
setimg light2.png
setzoomeffect .2;
setcoloreffect 1,1,1,.35;
seteffectmode 2;
}

black light....
Oooooooooooooooh PURTY BLACK LIGHTS!!!!!
Do0d, 1m n0t a scrIptEr pers0n, w/ allad4 numb3r5 and s7uff, and um,
I cant script for jackrabbitpoo so, yeh.

And its hard for a black glow irl

Akoalin
06-10-2005, 06:44 PM
Personally I think the different ranks should unlock the different color sabres and you can choose, some people would want a blue lightsabre instead of a red one, or green instead of purple...

Magadal
06-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Personally I think the different ranks should unlock the different color sabres and you can choose, some people would want a blue lightsabre instead of a red one, or green instead of purple...

i like that idea ^^

MysticHaste
06-11-2005, 05:49 PM
AP system is more complexity than is needed.. + it lets you show your rank without having to check (or be wary of those with a red saber if your a newb like me)

pooper200000
06-24-2006, 12:21 AM
i know im renewing an old thread im a bad person but is it possible to change color because all i saw was talk. Did they make it so you can change color or was the thread just forgotten.

Sulukra
06-24-2006, 12:37 AM
Colour is not changeable.

MisterMastermind
06-24-2006, 12:45 AM
i know im renewing an old thread im a bad person but is it possible to change color because all i saw was talk. Did they make it so you can change color or was the thread just forgotten.
No. Never revive a thread a year old again.

pooper200000
06-24-2006, 01:28 AM
ok sorry but first i want my question answered

Sulukra
06-24-2006, 03:51 AM
ok sorry but first i want my question answered

...I already answered your question.

Sabre colours change with rank ups. You cannot decide what colour you want.

Now stop posting on this ancient thread D:

pooper200000
06-24-2006, 04:41 AM
ok